Oasis Entertainment not open for booking

So we have an Oasis cruise in about 50 days and the entertainment has not opened yet.  No entertainment is listed on the planner  and there is a message on the planner to book on board. I can’t imagine the chaos of all the passengers trying to book entertainment once on board.

It seems strange especially since we have a Harmony cruise with entertainment opened about 120 days out.  

Anyone have any  knowledge of any issues with Oasis or why entertainment has not yet opened. 

thanks

m

It sounds like a technical issue.  I'm assuming you're on the March 29th sailing (so are we), and I booked our shows about a month or so ago.  I was also just on the cruise planner since they moved one of our bookings; it allowed me to view and alter bookings.

Try calling Royal to see if they can help you out.

We are not on your cruise, but the one following. You mentioned your bookings opened about a month or so ago, our entertainment has not opened at all.

Thanks for the suggestion to call Royal. I did that and they had no idea why entertainment has not opened. Apparently for the last 30+ days they’ve been saying,  “any day now“

m

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are not on your cruise, but the one following. You mentioned your bookings opened about a month or so ago, our entertainment has not opened at all.

Thanks for the suggestion to call Royal. I did that and they had no idea why entertainment has not opened. Apparently for the last 30+ days they’ve been saying,  “any day now“

m

Well, there is an answer that at least is not wrong.

Royal does not release entertainment schedules a set number of days before a sailing, but rather they release groups of sailings all at once.  In this case, March 29 was the last sailing they released in the previous group, and they have not released the group that includes April 5 yet.  Sometimes the schedules come out as little as 30 days before the sailing if you happen to be in the early part of the group, so I wouldn't worry and just keep checking.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So we have an Oasis cruise in about 50 days and the entertainment has not opened yet.  No entertainment is listed on the planner  and there is a message on the planner to book on board. I can’t imagine the chaos of all the passengers trying to book entertainment once on board.

It seems strange especially since we have a Harmony cruise with entertainment opened about 120 days out.  

Anyone have any  knowledge of any issues with Oasis or why entertainment has not yet opened. 

thanks

m

Our cruise on Symphony had bookings open 47 days out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Royal does not release entertainment schedules a set number of days before a sailing, but rather they release groups of sailings all at once.  In this case, March 29 was the last sailing they released in the previous group, and they have not released the group that includes April 5 yet.  Sometimes the schedules come out as little as 30 days before the sailing if you happen to be in the early part of the group, so I wouldn't worry and just keep checking.

Correct, in that they do release by groups of cruises and random batch of ships.  But entertainment for Harmony April/May has been out for almost a month.  Other folks have reported June cruises were also in that batch.  Try a different browser - at least with Chrome I have had the entertainment tab not update (and even show the info for the wrong cruise).  That "book onboard" message is a default message if the planner isn't working right (or slow accessing the database).  I have seen Oasis-class show up around 60 days but yours is pretty late.  Also try clicking on the "Entertainment" link since sometimes the shows don't display on the pull-down menu under the Entertainment category.

Was just on another social media site. No one is able to make a reservation yet,  so it is not my browser. People are becoming frustrated and are nervous that we will all have to wait in long lines on boarding day to make our reservations.

m

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Was just on another social media site. No one is able to make a reservation yet,  so it is not my browser. People are becoming frustrated and are nervous that we will all have to wait in long lines on boarding day to make our reservations.

m

I highly doubt that they won't open prior to sailing. The ship isn't going to want to try dealing with 5600 people scrambling to get reservations.