Cococay Pricing

Cayman1

9 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

At the end of the day, it would just be nice to see something like January - March the price is "X" and March through July the price is "Y".

It just can't be done that way IMHO because.....on Monday.....6000 people can be on the island.  on Tuesday 2000 people can be on the island.  On Wednesday 8500 people.  The demand for 'things' like cabanas, coco beach club, water park is based on a total number of people expected to be on the island on a given port day and the estimated breakdown of what they would be interested in doing/paying for based on historical demographic data.  It's the reason my floating cabana is $999 in April when Grandeur is the only boat there and $4000 when Anthem and another large ship are there at the same time.......on one trip there are 2k people possible on the island, on another trip there are 8k people possible on the island.

If they price it too low.....they sell out super fast on available capacity and people that wanted to go, can't go, and complain....AND....they left money on the table.

If they price it too high....they don't sell out and people that really wanted to go but couldn't afford to go complain....AND the left money on the table.

If they price it 'right'....they sell out a few weeks before sailing.  Some people complain about the price being too high and others who were willing to pay it are happy that they were able to get a spot

And that point is different for each sailing.  I am 'hoping' that as they are open longer and generate a longer period of time to analyze pricing data that the prices will both come down a bit AND will be less volatile week over week.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

At the end of the day, it would just be nice to see something like January - March the price is "X" and March through July the price is "Y".

We booked this cruise just to fill in the gap between our last cruise and our cruise this summer. We were just trying to make it a cool weekend without costing a fortune as it was incremental. Now that we booked it, and saw the prices for the slides, it just put us in sticker shock. I blame YouTube where someone stated on their review that the package was $40. LOL Use the Zip Line in Labadee for example. Its pretty much $100 all the time. No surprises. So it struck me odd that it varies.

Regardless, we will have a great time and enjoy it... its just aggravating that the prices are not known up front. And it beats being at work!! 🙂

We took the kids last June and only paid $39 a person. Taking them again, this June, and current price is $125 but I've seen it as high as $135. Crazy! We won't be participating this year. May just stay onboard and enjoy the mostly empty ship. 🙃

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ash2bear said:

We took the kids last June and only paid $39 a person. Taking them again, this June, and current price is $125 but I've seen it as high as $135. Crazy! We won't be participating this year. May just stay onboard and enjoy the mostly empty ship. 🙃

We live in Florida and have been to Coco Cay many times, so some days we just relax on the ship.  Next up for us, trying out the new Beach Club.  

22 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

$119 isn’t that bad of a price for a water park. We paid $99pp  in Costa Maya and Atlantis is $199/139pp. 

We have paid for the waterpark at Coco Cay twice and I thought we got our money’s worth. We booked our first cruise specifically for the waterpark. There is plenty to do without going to the park. For my family I think it would have been hard to tell my kids we weren’t going on the slides though!

On a side note... were the lines long for the slides?

5 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

On a side note... were the lines long for the slides?

Go early and hit the big slides first. We did that for 2 hours and then relaxed when the crowds arrived. Had lunch and then went back for more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAmome said:

That website seems more accurate than some but has also been off.  Lots of things could be rearranged by then even if intial ship itineraries have them there.  They aren't even putting two Oasis size ships on the island even tho they can dock easily, or Oasis/Anthem together.  I'd think they'd tackle that and test the island with 12k that way before doing 3 ships.

While on Harmony last week the cruise director during his daily show showed a picture on his phone of the Oasis and Symphony docked there side by side.

Said it was the first time 2 Oasis class ships were there together.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

What is Coco Cay Beach Club?  Is it just a private beach area on the island?  Currently $79 on one of my cruises

Hey $79 pp for the day pass is a pretty good (low) price for the Beach Club IMO! On my Anthem April 2020 cruise, it's $199 pp and sold out (they limit the number of ppl so that it's not crowded) whereas my Allure March 2021 is offering $79. Both times, there will be 2 ships at Coco Cay.  

5 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

First off, I will say that it is beyond me RC charges different prices for "things" due to seasonality. The fact of the matter is, they have the same amount of guests year round, so this just doesn't work for me. Granted, just my opinion.

Secondly, they do not advertise or show the price brackets by season. Can't find it anywhere. This is a little odd. So we are looking into the Thrill Waterpark and it is $119 per person. Seriously? UGH

Looks like a great place but for 3 adults its over $300 to play on water slides... It bothers me even more as we booked this cruise strictly to go to Cococay.

Variable pricing sucks but it is what it is. 😞

I'm waiting for them the add PAY toilets on Cococay ... "Upgrade your bathroom experience blah blah blah"

Remember "Perfect Day" at Cococay is PERFECT for RCCL and not the customers.

I think Royal is heading the direction of trying to grab ALL the money including ports. I'm not going to be surprised when they start releasing itineraries with Labadee, Antigua (their beach club), and Cococay (once or twice) which means that Royal gets all the money on the shore too. LOL

With that said ... I'm part of the problem too as I bought those $79 Coco beach club passes and as long as we all keep buying this crap they will continue selling it to us. 🙂

It's a little like going to Disney and one group of people has a certain entrance fee and then a different group pays another entrance fee, only because they're in different groups.  Not cool, IMO.  The experience and offerings are exactly the same. Oh well who cares, I'm not paying for anything this time around on the island.

I had a blast on Cococay 2 weeks ago for 0 dollars.   Walked 4 miles all over the island.  
found a spot to relax by the pool for a bit.  Listened to some music. Eat tacos.  Then went back to the ship when it was empty and enjoyed a ghost ship with no lines at any slides Lolol.   

side note we had a big group and if we all got a Over water cabana or just a beach cabana would have been a fortune for all 24 of us.    Lolol. Non of us purchased anything but a few thrill park users.   

14 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Variable pricing sucks but it is what it is. 😞

I'm waiting for them the add PAY toilets on Cococay ... "Upgrade your bathroom experience blah blah blah"

Remember "Perfect Day" at Cococay is PERFECT for RCCL and not the customers.

I think Royal is heading the direction of trying to grab ALL the money including ports. I'm not going to be surprised when they start releasing itineraries with Labadee, Antigua (their beach club), and Cococay (once or twice) which means that Royal gets all the money on the shore too. LOL

With that said ... I'm part of the problem too as I bought those $79 Coco beach club passes and as long as we all keep buying this crap they will continue selling it to us. 🙂

Well they are sort of doing this already.  They have some cruises that only go to Labadee and Coco Cay (or at least they did a little while back when I was looking for them).  I personally love the private islands🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Well they are sort of doing this already.  They have some cruises that only go to Labadee and Coco Cay (or at least they did a little while back when I was looking for them).  I personally love the private islands🤷‍♀️

Private islands are nice and all and I certainly like most of the ones I have been to but you kind of become a captive audience with few options other than a beach/lounge day. 

It feels a little to controlling when you don't have any "public" ports on the itinerary.

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

Private islands are nice and all and I certainly like most of the ones I have been to but you kind of become a captive audience with few options other than a beach/lounge day. 

It feels a little to controlling when you don't have any "public" ports on the itinerary.

I get that too but sometimes I just want a beach and a ship...that's a total relaxation vacation for me.  Other times I want ports and exploration.  Just depends on what you want when you go I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, MandyMooToo said:

I get that too but sometimes I just want a beach and a ship...that's a total relaxation vacation for me.  Other times I want ports and exploration.  Just depends on what you want when you go I guess.

Yup, very true.

I have Ocean Cay Marina and Half Moon Cay coming up on my cruise(s) next month. I bought cabanas on both so again I am part of the problem but the pricing on those aren't seasonable/variable to the best of my knowledge. Of course we go to Aruba and Curacao too so there is that. 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

While on Harmony last week the cruise director during his daily show showed a picture on his phone of the Oasis and Symphony docked there side by side.

Said it was the first time 2 Oasis class ships were there together.

It seemed like it was for a photo shoot and related to charter sailings, not full, around the superbowl time but I was curious if any from the charter would post about it (haven't seen anything but didn't really look).

If RCCL really thought they were ready for two Oasis ships there (not sure what else they can do to prep) they wouldn't have Oasis sailing in April to Nassau and an at Sea day on a 3 night. Symphony and Harmony individually docked the days Oasis could, in theory, visit if they were willing to put two Oasis class ships on the island.  Some sailings have two CC stops; I'm sure for a bahamas trip they'd dock Oasis if they thought they could handle it. 

OT - The Oasis sailing was cheaper than a comparitive 3 night on Navigator that went to CC.  Coco Cay sailings generally demand a premium.  Oasis must have sucked up a good amount of cruising demand b/c now the Navigator going to CC significantly less than the Oasis and it's the cheapest weekend to get to CC on the Navigator.  

15 hours ago, NightOne said:

Fortunately RCI still allows me to book any cruise I want, so at least I am still in control of what ports I go to. 😊

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SAmome said:

It seemed like it was for a photo shoot and related to charter sailings, not full, around the superbowl time but I was curious if any from the charter would post about it (haven't seen anything but didn't really look).

If RCCL really thought they were ready for two Oasis ships there (not sure what else they can do to prep) they wouldn't have Oasis sailing in April to Nassau and an at Sea day on a 3 night. Symphony and Harmony individually docked the days Oasis could, in theory, visit if they were willing to put two Oasis class ships on the island.  Some sailings have two CC stops; I'm sure for a bahamas trip they'd dock Oasis if they thought they could handle it. 

OT - The Oasis sailing was cheaper than a comparitive 3 night on Navigator that went to CC.  Coco Cay sailings generally demand a premium.  Oasis must have sucked up a good amount of cruising demand b/c now the Navigator going to CC significantly less than the Oasis and it's the cheapest weekend to get to CC on the Navigator.  

It was a charter trip by Chick fil a.  Apparently the company chartered both ships for their employees and they were each filled to about 65% capacity, from what posts I read (on the page that cannot be named).  There are many, many posts about it over on the dark side 😆.  Almost all of them positive from what I read.