Le Pettit Chef

lkj1301

OK!!! So I had been reading so much about Le Pettit Chef on the Celebrity board that I was a little hesitant to be optimistic to eat there.  I do understand the "1 & done" tho there is a 2nd menu for later in the cruise. We've just disembarked from the Summit (2/8 - 2/15).  The day we (Hubby, brother, sil and myself) embarked on the Summit, we strolled around the ship, taking in the revolutionized ship.
We stopped by Blu (we were in Aqua Class) and were asked if we wanted to book dinner at Le Pettit Chef on the 1st night (10% off). We kind of hedged a bit.  Then he said if all 4 of us
go to dinner, $40 each.  So we said yes.  

It was 1 of the best dinners we've had.  I had seen the "show" on line & read comments before we embarked so I knew (kind of what to expect).  But I had also, read the food was something other than great.  Well.... the filet mignon we perfect (to my liking as I had ordered it).  the lobster was excellent, not overcooked or under cooked.  I tend to be "fussy" about lobster since I live in Ct.  

The food was soooo good we would have booked the other show, but we were not thrilled with the menu for the last 3 days.  They had 1 menu for the 1st 4 days and 1 menu for the last 3 days. 

I realize food is subjective, but I had to add my opinion of our recent experience.

Yeah we are eating there in 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 2/16/2020 at 11:30 PM, Phxazzcruisers said:

That is the same menu we had.  I do not eat lobster or the clam chowder, so I got the French Onion soup and the chicken.  We loved the show and thought the food was also very good, way too much to eat, but very good.  Glad you tried it and enjoyed it.  As they say, to each their own.  I never take negative reviews too seriously.  I usually want to try for myself

We did the dinner on the Eclipse and certainly didn’t find way too much food. Now we are not big eaters. Rarely have more than 2 courses for dinner but we felt the portions were child size. Very overpriced for what you got. Of course it didn’t help that there was a technical problem and I only got half the show. Wouldn’t do it again. Bring back Qsine I say. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

We did the dinner on the Eclipse and certainly didn’t find way too much food. Now we are not big eaters. Rarely have more than 2 courses for dinner but we felt the portions were child size. Very overpriced for what you got. Of course it didn’t help that there was a technical problem and I only got half the show. Wouldn’t do it again. Bring back Qsine I say. 

Then you had a very different dinner than we had on Solstice.  The filet was huge and so was the lobster and chicken breast.  No one from our group was able to finish the entire meal.  Everyone thought it was way too much food,.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Then you had a very different dinner than we had on Solstice.  The filet was huge and so was the lobster and chicken breast.  No one from our group was able to finish the entire meal.  Everyone thought it was way too much food,.

I would agree with you.  We were recently on the Solstice and thoroughly enjoyed the show.  The filet and lobster were cooked to perfection and we certainly didn’t leave hungry.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

There were two menus offered for us, 4 items on each and you could pick and choose which items you wanted I had filet and lobster. 

There is always a main menu with a second page of alternative selections.  The filet and lobster menu is one version of the main menu.  Then on some ships or sailings there is a different version of a main menu that has carved beef and truffle ravioli  and it also has a second page with alternative selections.  The two different versions of the main menu come with matched animation.

Edited by TeeRick

On 2/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, lkj1301 said:

OK!!! So I had been reading so much about Le Pettit Chef on the Celebrity board that I was a little hesitant to be optimistic to eat there.  I do understand the "1 & done" tho there is a 2nd menu for later in the cruise. We've just disembarked from the Summit (2/8 - 2/15).  The day we (Hubby, brother, sil and myself) embarked on the Summit, we strolled around the ship, taking in the revolutionized ship.

We stopped by Blu (we were in Aqua Class) and were asked if we wanted to book dinner at Le Pettit Chef on the 1st night (10% off). We kind of hedged a bit.  Then he said if all 4 of us

go to dinner, $40 each.  So we said yes.  

It was 1 of the best dinners we've had.  I had seen the "show" on line & read comments before we embarked so I knew (kind of what to expect).  But I had also, read the food was something other than great.  Well.... the filet mignon we perfect (to my liking as I had ordered it).  the lobster was excellent, not overcooked or under cooked.  I tend to be "fussy" about lobster since I live in Ct.  

The food was soooo good we would have booked the other show, but we were not thrilled with the menu for the last 3 days.  They had 1 menu for the 1st 4 days and 1 menu for the last 3 days. 

I realize food is subjective, but I had to add my opinion of our recent experience.

When i was on the Silhouette  couple of months ago, i was offered Le Petite Chef at 50% off when i just walked onboard on embarkation day. no haggling. 50% right off the bat... $27.50 but for embarkation day only. (i was in a ocean view, if that matters.)

anyway, this was the 1st menu.

during the dinner, we were told our cruise will be the last for that menu and next week they will have a new menu along with new animation.

i guess someone at Celebrity came up with a great marketing idea to offer both menus during the cruise.

what didnt you like about the new menu?

Edited by fstuff1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, luckyinpa said:

i'm glad to read you know what the menu is before you book. i must have filet. the things on the other menu wouldnt be as pleasing

If you want a Filet -  they are available every day on the Children's Menu - MDR, Blu and Luminae.   It is a 4 Ounce Filet and if you have a larger appetite order 2.

On longer B2B's we sometime don't like anything on the menu and order them.    You don't even have to act like a child to order them. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you want a Filet -  they are available every day on the Children's Menu - MDR, Blu and Luminae.   It is a 4 Ounce Filet and if you have a larger appetite order 2.

On longer B2B's we sometime don't like anything on the menu and order them.    You don't even have to act like a child to order them. 

hmm but what if i want coloring books and crayons and a nice placement .  i do wonder why such a good piece of meat is on the kids menu. on ncl we just had nuggets, fries etc. 

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I must say on this cruise my brother learned he could order more than 1 plate.  I had to laugh at him because I knew but the other 3 at our table did not.  We were in Blu and they also didn't know you could order something from the main menu that that wasn't on the Blu menu.  It was fun to watch.  The 1st night I ordered a ceasar  salad (not on Blu's menu).  The 2nd night, our waiter asked my brother if he wanted a shrimp cocktail (not on Blu's menu).  The lobster night, I suggest to my brother (after he wished for another lobster tail) he order another lobster tail.  He gave me a strange look, then asked...His wish came true.  The last night we all ordered something different, then our waiter brought us a plate of prime rib to share.  It was just so fun to watch the good reaction of my brother, his wife & my husband.  It was just a great experience all week.  Wish we were still there.

• Like 1