Expedited arrival

markf

Ours were showing Expedited Arrival until they added the PAL beverage package about a month ago.  I just tried the rescan passport trick with no joy.   Not worried as we have printed passes with it printed on them and we will be in a suite departing from Terminal 25.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I went back into all of our Express Check-In for our upcoming B2B2B -   None had the Expedited Arrival on them.   I followed @Gordoncruickshank recommendations and re-scanned our passports.  All I needed to do was click Update Check-In to get to rescan passport.   I believe this is new as I don't recall it being there before.     Instantly Expedited Arrival appeared on our Xpress Passes.  

I had to go back in anyway since my credit card had been compromised and they cancelled the card and sent me a new one.   Ugh....

Strange thing was that on one of them it said Iain's was incomplete.   I opened it and everything was filled in.   I closed it and the message went away.   

I just added our photos onto the app, re-scanned our photos and it still doesn't come up with the Expedited Arrival. I've wasted too much time on this! On top of that, someone on our Roll Call added or edited their info into the spreadsheet I've been keeping and it's all mixed up. I've spent most of the day straightening out messes! I'm beginning to really dislike computers!...and smart (dumb)phones! AAARRRGH!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I just added our photos onto the app, re-scanned our photos and it still doesn't come up with the Expedited Arrival. I've wasted too much time on this! On top of that, someone on our Roll Call added or edited their info into the spreadsheet I've been keeping and it's all mixed up. I've spent most of the day straightening out messes! I'm beginning to really dislike computers!...and smart (dumb)phones! AAARRRGH!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your frustration.  

Are you doing it on you "Smart Phone"?     I believe the key is that you have to use your smart phone to Scan you Passport -    The PC version doesn't allow you to scan your passport and you enter the data manually.  

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear of your frustration.  

Are you doing it on you "Smart Phone"?     I believe the key is that you have to use your smart phone to Scan you Passport -    The PC version doesn't allow you to scan your passport and you enter the data manually.  

Yup. Did the whole check in and scanned passports loaded photos in app. Re-scanned passports when I read your post. 

30 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yup. Did the whole check in and scanned passports loaded photos in app. Re-scanned passports when I read your post. 

Sorry to hear.    I don't think it really affect your checking in that much.   Last cruise I walked up and this camera on a tripod had a green light that indicated it recognized me.   I was processed without going to a checkin counter.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear.    I don't think it really affect your checking in that much.   Last cruise I walked up and this camera on a tripod had a green light that indicated it recognized me.   I was processed without going to a checkin counter.

Especially if you are in a suite at terminal 25 in Fort Lauderdale 

There are only two cruise ships departing on the day we leave, ours and Royal Caribbean ship, so we'll likely be leaving from terminal 25. Between our loyalty status and being Aqua and the relatively small passenger load in Port Everglades that day I'm sure we won't have any problems. I've wasted more time on this subject than the maybe extra 2 minutes it'll take to get on the ship. It's really no big deal. It's only annoying that the website tells people to do check in on the app to get Expedited Arrival. I did it and it didn't show. I even uninstalled the app, re-installed signed out and in and edited the passports and re-scanned them. It still didn't show. We'll show up at 10:30 as usual and be on the ship is a flash with or without it.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last Saturday, there was no one in line at the check in counters.  Everything was  handled via iPads.  The Expedited entrance was to the left of the top of the escalator.  Concierge and Aqua were being called at the far entrance in the terminal.  I just assumed these groups were being called before general boarding.  

10 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

There are only two cruise ships departing on the day we leave, ours and Royal Caribbean ship, so we'll likely be leaving from terminal 25. Between our loyalty status and being Aqua and the relatively small passenger load in Port Everglades that day I'm sure we won't have any problems. I've wasted more time on this subject than the maybe extra 2 minutes it'll take to get on the ship. It's really no big deal. It's only annoying that the website tells people to do check in on the app to get Expedited Arrival. I did it and it didn't show. I even uninstalled the app, re-installed signed out and in and edited the passports and re-scanned them. It still didn't show. We'll show up at 10:30 as usual and be on the ship is a flash with or without it.

Glad to see you have such a positive attitude.   I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad to see you have such a positive attitude.   I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

I'm going on a cruise with my favorite person in the whole world! It'd be silly to let a tech glitch sour that. Thanks. 😎

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I never noticed that before.    Wonder if that means suites and certain cc levels.  

We initially had an inside stateroom when we used the app to check in and it gave us expedited check-in. I don’t think room class matters. We checked in the very first day possible which was I think 90days out? Maybe that has something to do with it? 

8 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

We initially had an inside stateroom when we used the app to check in and it gave us expedited check-in. I don’t think room class matters. We checked in the very first day possible which was I think 90days out? Maybe that has something to do with it? 

Is your reference to Expedited Check-in the same as Expedited Arrival.  Just curious if we are all talking about the same thing.   That little box didn’t show up on mine until I rescanned my passport. 

I checked in originally at final payment 90 days prior to cruise. 

C2F09178-5A4A-42A6-AA58-005AE9822572.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I never noticed that before.    Wonder if that means suites and certain cc levels.  

It doesn't matter. According to Celebrity's Q&A. I also just completed checkin today for a cruise. We are in CC and our friends are in a regular veranda and we both got it. 

Q.

I completed check-in via the app, but I don't see "Expedited Arrival" on my mobile Xpress Pass. What did I do wrong?

A.

Almost everyone who checks in on the Celebrity Cruises® app qualifies for Expedited Arrival, but there are a few exceptions. If you don’t see Expedited Arrival on your Xpress Pass, it’s nothing to worry about. Just bring your passport and travel documents to the terminal on sail day, and we’ll make sure to get you onboard quickly so you can start your cruise vacation.

But there's also this:

Q.

What happens when not all guests in a reservation qualify for the Expedited Arrival program?

A.

One is enough when it comes to Expedited Arrival. If one person on your reservation has an Xpress Pass marked Expedited Arrival, everyone on the reservation can board via the Expedited Arrival lane.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Is your reference to Expedited Check-in the same as Expedited Arrival.  Just curious if we are all talking about the same thing.   That little box didn’t show up on mine until I rescanned my passport. 

I checked in originally at final payment 90 days prior to cruise. 

C2F09178-5A4A-42A6-AA58-005AE9822572.jpeg

Yes my apologies - mine says “expedited arrival” like yours.