Loyalty Program Update?

CA Oceanfront

8 minutes ago, uktog said:

No still old pages tried it on phone and iPad.

That's odd?! It works for me and I'm using iPad, MacBook, and iPhone. 

Have you scrolled down on the page? I ask because the photo at the top is still the same, so it looks very much like the old page. When you scroll down you'll see it is now saying Azamara Circle, and a bit further there is a combinability grid of the new program. 

But that said, I will share this with our IT team to make sure the UK website has the new page. 

2 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

That's odd?! It works for me and I'm using iPad, MacBook, and iPhone. 

Have you scrolled down on the page? I ask because the photo at the top is still the same, so it looks very much like the old page. When you scroll down you'll see it is now saying Azamara Circle, and a bit further there is a combinability grid of the new program. 

But that said, I will share this with our IT team to make sure the UK website has the new page. 

No definitely the old LCV pages

094ADC93-F86F-470F-AB5D-FDE6FFB16168.thumb.png.d826150fe9230140517904ca54acdab2.png

FE54DE86-8AC5-4201-9C53-4941CDAEB4C0.thumb.png.c4ca983bbf4b787769f55ed28f539ade.png

1 minute ago, BBMacLaird said:

Yes I checked everything before posting - there is nothing relating to a grid or anything nor details of what each tier's benefits now are.  

Does anyone in the US see the updated information apart from Bonnie?

2 minutes ago, Anchor Light said:

Yes, see my summary post #98.  Using Samsung tablet with no problem.

Could you show us a screen shot of what you see, that would be useful, not the email itself but what you see when you click on find out more

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes I checked everything before posting - there is nothing relating to a grid or anything nor details of what each tier's benefits now are.  

Does anyone in the US see the updated information apart from Bonnie?

I’ve just gone to the US site and the information is there it’s the U.K. site that’s not updated.

1 minute ago, Riocca said:

I’ve just gone to the US site and the information is there it’s the U.K. site that’s not updated.

Thanks I will go and look there.  

As usual, Azamara's attention to detail in communication lets them down.  When will they learn that lesson!

I got the updated page in the UK. When I scroll down to look at the Discoverer section the WiFi benefit is 90 minutes or 50% off full package, which is the new benefit. We’re very happy with this as we usually do long cruises. Our next cruise is 17 days so we get $170 dollars off the WiFi package price.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

I have now got the updated page from the US site but not the UK site. 

The content on combining benefit was irrelevant to me as it will be for more guests so I did not review it and came to the view there was little of interest to me.  It was only when I went back to the very small print in the original email that it seems to say that despite what the benefits seem to be saying for Discoverer Platinums on the grids, I saw a small reference on the email to the fact that wifi was free for Platinums regardless of category of cabin.  Therefore if this is correct I do gain and I thank Azamara for that change.

I do however find the overall changes so underwhelming as to ... well I am not going to use bad language here but it does nothing for most cruisers and here is why

*the driver seems to be the name change to lose the word Club, nothing more - so expensive rebrand for what value???

*the benefits still compare extremely poorly when I look at what I get on Celebrity

*the issue of laundry has not been addressed at all and remains iniquitous that two guests have to share their benefit

*whilst personally grateful for free wifi this is nothing more than competitors gives everyone onboard.  Others though have lost out and that is unfair

*number of days vs number of cruises for top cruiser - probably makes no difference to the vast majority of guests and for those of us who have been in that situation, two things - probably our number of days will make little difference given the length of our cruises and secondly, I am not aware many top cruisers are even remotely bothered whether they are the top or not

*Extra benefit for on board bookings but only for the least loyal

*The issues relating to the complimentary nights leading to cruises costing more if you use them than if you dump them does not appear to have been addressed despite being told the whole issue was being looked at in the review

....and I leave it to another poster to comment on the upgrade scheme.

Bottom line, I was holding off on some changes to bookings I might make and potential new bookings as I wanted to see how the change would affect us.  The result is the changes have done nothing to encourage me to stay with Azamara when I compare the overall offering, inclusions, prices and hard product with the competitors.

Maybe I hoped for too much

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Dumb question but how do I access the USsite. No matter how I try (on my iPad) it reverts to U.K. Site

Thanks

Vicki

2 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Dumb question but how do I access the USsite. No matter how I try (on my iPad) it reverts to U.K. Site

Thanks

Vicki

Go to the very bottom of the page, click on the Union Jack it then gives you the options of the other sites, click on the US flag

Oh deep joy!! We have 27 days booked this year  over 3 cruises and as Discoverer our unlimited internet for one device will now cost us $30.67 more on the new system with the 50% reduction, compared to when we had the $100 towards full voyage programme.☹️☹️

In the big scheme of things compared to the price we have paid for the 3 cruises it’s a mere drop in the ocean but going backwards is not going forward in my book.😡

Edited by combine
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

No "enhanced" benefits that I can see for "Discoverer Plus" members who choose to sail on a lower deck. 🤔

Discoverer Platinum members will now receive complimentary internet, regardless of the stateroom category or length of voyage

Too little too late.  Azamara doesn’t get it. Why offer discounts on WiFi?  Your closest competition, Oceania and Viking, offer free WiFi.  I have future cruises booked with both Oceania and Viking.  Also, Azamara still charges extra for specialty restaurants and does not let guests make reservations before embarkation.  Wake up, Azamara, it is time to look at why people book on other cruise lines.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Discoverer Platinum members will now receive complimentary internet, regardless of the stateroom category or length of voyage

I am discoverer plus with 1100+ points. No way am I ever going to get to Platinum. It is too far to get to 3000 points. I don’t even look at platinum benefits.  Pointing out changes to a Platinum doesn’t interest me.

6 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I think Baynanno1 was asking about Discoverer Plus not Discoverer Platinum

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

Maybe I hoped for too much

My sentiments exactly.  You have addressed most if not all the issues that are most important and haven't been addressed.

Very disheartening to say the least.  Are they really so out of touch as to think this big rollout would excite or at the very least appease us?

• Thanks 1