Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

46 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Wonder if your ship was at the same Mexico ports with the Grand 2 weeks ago. The crew was exposed if so.

it was in the same ports on the same days as the Royal this week

• Thanks 1

From Matt Mitcham's Facebook page just now: 

Hi Carnival Family from the Carnival Panorama

A few moments ago we advised our guests currently on Carnival Panorama that their debarkation will be delayed until at least 6pm PST related to a medical situation with one of our debarking guests. While we cannot discuss their specific condition, they are a U.S. citizen who has not traveled internationally, and does not meet the CDC criteria that puts them in an at risk category for coronavirus. Nevertheless, based on an evaluation at a local hospital, medical authorities want to administer a COVID-19 test out of an abundance of caution. We will not be cleared for debarkation until those results are back and it confirms a negative test. While they are expediting the test process, it could take most of the afternoon. Our senior management and shoreside medical team remain in direct contact with the authorities.

We are also advising our arriving guests about this delay and are making arrangements for them to have lunch and be comfortable. Guests who have not yet arrived are being advised to sign up for our text alert notification system. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

I want to say a huge Thank you to all of the crew working so hard to make this morning comfortable for our guests. I also want to say Thank you to our guests currently onboard and those waiting ashore. As I’ve walked around the Panorama this morning everyone has been so understanding and kind to the team members. It really is appreciated. It’s times like this that our Carnival Family really shines. #wearecarnival

It’s now time to go and Thank our guests around the ship

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VP Pence just said that CDC is investigating possible shared crew with the Diamond & Grand. Not sure if it's your ship though as he didn't name the ship. Possibly it's the Royal Princess since her embarkation is being held currently.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 1

Grabbed a thirsty frog red and locked my stuff up in the room. Hoping I can stay out of it and try to  keep problems off of jolly and the people on the next cruise.  Grabbed a porter at the smokehouse and now I’m checking out The comedy show.

6B70D06A-65F4-4718-94A4-38E513421EBD.jpeg

F1D9F358-E2A1-4274-B0C4-092BD4676250.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Appreciate the info.  Common sense at this point would be to restrict self-service.  Hope it turns out to be nothing and you can move on

Right?  Not sure why the heck they seem so resistant to doing this.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

24 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

It's Royal that had the shared crew

Well they let all guests disembark off that ship today. 

I wonder if there was a miscommunication and they are talking about crew mingling at same places; for instance if crew get off a ship in Ensenda and have a crew local hangout they go to, for example.  

30 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Appreciate the info.  Common sense at this point would be to restrict self-service.  Hope it turns out to be nothing and you can move on

That actually is what they have implemented starting today.  

Edited by jimbo5544

13 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

I watched the video.  The ship wasn't named.  How do you know this?

There is a live Q&A with Jan Swartz and Dr Grant Terling (chief medical officer) and media happening right now. I am listening to it. A crew member transferred from Grand to Royal 3 weeks ago. Hasn't been sick or shown symptoms. CDC cleared Royal yesterday and allowed passengers to disembark this morning. Since then, there have been questions regarding crew and they are currently in discussion (not sure where the questions came from - they didn't say). Meanwhile, Royal embarkation is delayed and passengers are in the terminal. Jan Swartz said that was the situation when she came into the Q&A.

• Like 1