CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

23 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Holding is good. I figured I would sell and buy more when it dips again. I got United at $20.50 and that was a great deal at the time. I think airline stocks are still a great deal. I think Carnival is too. But I am guessing it might hit $8 again. We will see. 

Yup, Carnival is going to be a very volatile stock until they resume operations.  If they announce a vaccine in early 2021, you could really see the stock take off.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, FiremedicMike151 said:

I hope carnival gets back down to $10.. I'm kicking myself for not buying more when it was that low..

Yup, but at $15 it's still a good buy.  The stock has the potential to hit $50+ in 2-3 years. It will probably hit at least $30, when a vaccine is announced.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travelhound said:

Yup, but at $15 it's still a good buy.  The stock has the potential to hit $50+ in 2-3 years. It will probably hit at least $30, when a vaccine is announced.

My wife and I have a total of 1000 shares of carnival.. No more no matter what the price. But if Royal drops to $30 or less. You bet we will buy.

• Like 1

My wife and I have a total of 1000 shares of carnival.. No more no matter what the price. But if Royal drops to $30 or less. You bet we will buy.

actually Carnival just received fresh funding as well as equity investment from Saudi Arabia and one of its promoters, so their cash is expected to last 12 to 13 months, without any income

Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are expected to run out of cash in 9 to 10 months without any income

• Like 1

Royal would have been a great way to make quick money.  If I had bought 1,000 shares instead of just 50 when it was in the low 20s, I could have sold at $75 and made some quick cash.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Royal really took off.  If it drops low enough, I will probably buy again.  Carnival, for sure.  I am watching it daily.  Until the market is stable with travel, it's very interesting to watch the fluctuations.

48 minutes ago, drsel said:

actually Carnival just received fresh funding as well as equity investment from Saudi Arabia and one of its promoters, so their cash is expected to last 12 to 13 months, without any income

Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are expected to run out of cash in 9 to 10 months without any income

Right now Carnival is the only company sailing after Oct. 1st instead of Sept. 15 The others are starting up after Sept 15. There are foreign companies starting up a lot sooner. I never heard of any of them. July 2nd Hurtigruten a Scandinavian Company

• Like 1

8 hours ago, travelhound said:

How much money you got in it?   

That's probably a good way to diversify.

I don't agree because having all your money in Cruise lines stocks is quite risky.

in fact with huge expenses of almost 1 billion every month and ZERO income, Royal and Norwegian are expected to run out of cash in 9 to 10 months, whereas Carnival will run out of cash in 12 to 13 months.

CCL is the craziest stock I've owned in the last 20 years.  The price seems to fluctuate between 3% to 6% daily, not including the deep dive and recovery in price since the Covid.  Glad to be out -- and luckily, with a profit.  Still keeping an eye on this stock though.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I don't agree because having all your money in Cruise lines stocks is quite risky.

in fact with huge expenses of almost 1 billion every month and ZERO income, Royal and Norwegian are expected to run out of cash in 9 to 10 months, whereas Carnival will run out of cash in 12 to 13 months.

It might work out short term.  I bought both Royal and Carnival low and sold higher.  Holding is always a risk, but might pay off.  The good thing is that these are very low cost stocks, so the investment isn't huge.  No risk, no reward.  Odds are if Carnival and Royal dip very low, they will rise up enough to make some money short term before bankruptcy is on that table.  That's just my personal opinion.  These stocks have been fluctuating so much, I could easily have made money every couple of weeks.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

That's probably sarcasm.
agreed. 

I also believe it's better to be a customer (not shareholder) of a cruise line which gives its customers a good deal or excellent value for money (you don't care if their profits are affected while doing so);

and a shareholder (not customer) of a company like Apple, which is making tons of money out of its customers and huge profits.

being a part owner and customer of the same company is technically a conflict of interest.

Because as a customer, you want to get a good deal at the cheapest or best price;

while as a shareholder, you want your company to make maximum money out of its customers

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

CCL is the craziest stock I've owned in the last 20 years.  The price seems to fluctuate between 3% to 6% daily, not including the deep dive and recovery in price since the Covid.  Glad to be out -- and luckily, with a profit.  Still keeping an eye on this stock though.

Day trading fodder but I could argue that TSLA and others move that much as well, but CCL is worth it for the gamblers, as an investment no way.

39 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I'm keeping an eye on Carnival as it is slowly dropping.  American looked like a good buy today, so I picked up some shares. Today does look like a good deal for Carnival, but I want to see if it drops lower.

Since June 9th, the below is how Carnival's stock has performed on a daily basis.

6/9 -7.59%
6/10 -10.56%
6/11 -15.30%
6/12 14.56%
6/15 -2.70%
6/16 5.04%
6/17 -6.51%
6/18 -1.41%
6/19 -5.26%
6/22 -3.31%
6/23 4.41%
6/24 -11.11%
6/25 0.00%
6/26 -1.38%
6/29 6.34%
6/30 -2.26%
7/1 -0.24%
7/2 -2.93%
7/6 -1.70%
7/7

-6.66%

The stock closed today at $14.57/share.  Hopefully (depending upon your perspective), it won't revisit the $8.00 (it closed at $7.97 on April 2nd) range it tested earlier this year.

Garnett

• Like 1

I don’t currently own Carnival stock, but from a business perspective it would be irresponsible for Carnival, or any cruise line for that matter, to continue to offer OBC to share holders. Of course history is filled with companies who are no longer around because they made bad decisions that were obviously poor even at the time they were made. 

• Like 1