RCL Stock

heidikay

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:38 PM, John&LaLa said:

Comment about paying for new ships

Profits will come

Yes. See Amazon, Tesla, FedEx and many others as companies that failed to make money for multiple years. It is not at all uncommon. Cruising is not going away and who is better positioned than Royal Caribbean for future growth? They attract the optimal demographic, have the best new ships and own a private island packed with profit-making opportunities. If only they could hire a competent IT team🤪.

disclaimer - I own both Royal Caribbean and Amazon stock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:36 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The policy used to be that the shareholder's OBC was not combinable with other discounts or OBC offers. Royal Caribbean changed that policy in 2018(?) so that the shareholder's OBC is now combinable with other discounts. I don't know why you have been unsuccessful unless it was before the policy was changed.

Of course they changed it in 2018. I'd tried to use it once but I had some form of OBC. My last cruise was in 2018 and I wasn't aware of the change so I didn't get to use it.

2 hours ago, AftMan said:

Yes. See Amazon, Tesla, FedEx and many others as companies that failed to make money for multiple years. It is not at all uncommon. Cruising is not going away and who is better positioned than Royal Caribbean for future growth? They attract the optimal demographic, have the best new ships and own a private island packed with profit-making opportunities. If only they could hire a competent IT team🤪.

disclaimer - I own both Royal Caribbean and Amazon stock.

I owned Amazon stock a couple of times and a boatload of money both times. i’ve never owned RCL stock and never considered it, even at $20 a share. I’m doing all right without it, my IRA was up $15k Friday and it’s only down 9% from it’s all time high which it hit December 29, 2021 ( 1 1/2 years after the start of the pandemic).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I owned Amazon stock a couple of times and a boatload of money both times. i’ve never owned RCL stock and never considered it, even at $20 a share. I’m doing all right without it, my IRA was up $15k Friday and it’s only down 9% from it’s all time high which it hit December 29, 2021 ( 1 1/2 years after the start of the pandemic).

The low during the lock down was $19.30 -- if you bought it then you'd be sitting pretty since it closed over $86 on Friday. I bought some in the $30s and then some more at $60 ish. I get a $100 OBC for every cruise plus I've made beaucoup $$$ -- it was worth the purchase for me -- YMMV.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I have a pony.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I've enjoyed the $100 obc for over a dozen cruises since covid... and $50 obc on b4b on grandeur. About covers my tips. Keeps me from being such a complainer as others here about the increases and cuts .. I know as a solo I dont have to pay the increase in tips. Add in $50 or even $100 from TA .. pays for a excursion or 2 or a specialty meal and my tips. 

I'm not so broke that I cant afford to sit on 100 shares of rcl. Letting it ride.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

$250 OBC for my next 3 cruises (15, 14, 14 night TAs).

I dont understand people passing up easy free money. Surely if they can afford to cruise it is worth it to buy 100 shares on a pull back in price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I dont understand people passing up easy free money. Surely if they can afford to cruise it is worth it to buy 100 shares on a pull back in price. 

We have enjoyed our OBC for the last 40+ cruises.  It is so worth it to us.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not uncommon for folks here to not even cruise anymore. 

But they like to share their opinions for those of us who do. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

$250 OBC for my next 3 cruises (15, 14, 14 night TAs).

Had around $3300 OBC available on UWC for about a month, then Royal clawed it back to $1000. Doesn't pay to share windfalls on FB😉

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, heidikay said:

Anybody watching the price drop?  Oh my I wonder it where it finish.  It is now at 82.28.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

$90+ as of a few minutes ago.

Could have made $8 per share over three years.

How much is the OBC?