Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

Mobile Web looks different

Recommended Posts

I use an android and my mobile web is acting fery odd this morning. I basically see the site map of CC at the top and have to scroll quite a bit to get where I want to be.

Screenshot_20200227-074311_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ad3b053195a0aed32ca51c5e3d8e862.jpg

 

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they are working on some nav changes but I don't know that this would be an effect -- does it still look that way for you.  I only have my laptop and apple devices to test on so I can't check myself unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mobile looks this way and actually my home desktop PC looks this way using ie, edge, and Chrome.

Have to scroll thru what appears to be the site map before getting to the area you want to go.

Edited by klfrodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

My mobile looks this way and actually my home desktop PC looks this way using ie, edge, and Chrome.

Have to scroll thru what appears to be the site map before getting to the area you want to go.

 

Laptop seems fine. I run W10 and use Chrome

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I know they are working on some nav changes but I don't know that this would be an effect -- does it still look that way for you.  I only have my laptop and apple devices to test on so I can't check myself unfortunately

 

Still wonky, hooefully it clears up soon. I want to do a live from Allure TA on March 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I know they are working on some nav changes but I don't know that this would be an effect -- does it still look that way for you.  I only have my laptop and apple devices to test on so I can't check myself unfortunately

 

The boards are hosed on computers too. On my Mac using Safari the site is a mess. I can work around it but it is a mess on my laptop.

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just logged on again and it seemed normal this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My desktop running Firefox is unusable. The forums are on top of the site map and I can’t open anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my Mac with Safari, I am seeing the 'site map' as a transparent overlay of the page.

 

The 'site map' remains fixed in location, and I can scroll the normal page under it.  I cannot click any of the normal links.

 

Some tests with alternate browsers showed the site was still not fully functional in Chrome [could not log in], FireFox [the 'NoScript' extension may be blocking things]

A fairly recent version of Opera seems to work - need to see when/if things break when I update it to the current version

image.thumb.png.900c828793d20b6cc04dd073727e799a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used Safari's develop menu to change the user agent string to pretend its an iPad - and at first glance things look normal [can post this comment]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good on my android, its a little different up top. But no more scrolling. 

 

Thanks Jenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

My desktop running Firefox is unusable. The forums are on top of the site map and I can’t open anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once I cleared my cache everything looks fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, klfrodo said:

My mobile looks this way and actually my home desktop PC looks this way using ie, edge, and Chrome.

Have to scroll thru what appears to be the site map before getting to the area you want to go.

 

No mobile devices, here -- but my desktop (with Windows10 and Firefox) has had the same issue, since last night. This morning, I was actually able to go directly to the 'normal' home page -- but there was NO log-in button, so I gave up for a while. Glad to see that the mods/admins/techs are working on the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note red bar at top of pages says We are working on a few issues. Click it and you will see the following:

 

We are working out some technical difficulties in relation to the top navigation bars and the missing sign in on the boards.  

 

Thank you for your patience

 

For assistance please write to us  help@cruisecritic.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

On my Mac with Safari, I am seeing the 'site map' as a transparent overlay of the page.

 

The 'site map' remains fixed in location, and I can scroll the normal page under it.  I cannot click any of the normal links.

 

Some tests with alternate browsers showed the site was still not fully functional in Chrome [could not log in], FireFox [the 'NoScript' extension may be blocking things]

A fairly recent version of Opera seems to work - need to see when/if things break when I update it to the current version

image.thumb.png.900c828793d20b6cc04dd073727e799a.png

 

This is exactly what I was experiencing.  After a number of hours I decided to delete all website data for Cruise Critic and I was functional again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Note red bar at top of pages says We are working on a few issues. Click it and you will see the following:

 

We are working out some technical difficulties in relation to the top navigation bars and the missing sign in on the boards.  

 

Thank you for your patience

 

For assistance please write to us  help@cruisecritic.com

 

Host Kat -- Wanted to send a big "Thank You!" to you, Jenn, and the rest of the crew, who've been working so hard to fix the glitches. Just one tiny problem -- where did our 'log-out' button go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, but as a volunteer I had nothing to do with it.

 

For me, I always click my user name appearing over the small Search bubble for the boards and beside the Notifications bell. Then I can click Sign Out in the dropdown menu.

 

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, *Miss G* said:

 

This is exactly what I was experiencing.  After a number of hours I decided to delete all website data for Cruise Critic and I was functional again.

Thank you!     Deleting all cookies and website data on the iPad finally fixed it.  (my desktop was fine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the forum on my mobile device via the website (not Tapatalk), I'm constantly getting advertisement pop-ups without clicking on the advertisement. It seems to be any time an advertisement is touched when scrolling, although not clicked (tapped) the ad opens. Normally you could touch any link, image, advertisement, etc, without opening it, as long as you were scrolling or moving your finger and not deliberately tapping. This is very annoying as I read muti-page threads with a lot of scrolling and I'm constantly having to close tabs that are opening. This happens to me regardless of whether I'm viewing the mobile or desktop site. This is the only site that this happens on which makes it very hard to remember to watch where you scroll as it doesn't happen elsewhere. 

 

I use Google Chrome on Android 10. The only ads I see on CC recently are for Viking Cruises. I don't know if it's a problem with those ads specifically or with the CC site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pop ups have been happening for quite a while now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, Host Kat said:

Thank you, but as a volunteer I had nothing to do with it.

 

For me, I always click my user name appearing over the small Search bubble for the boards and beside the Notifications bell. Then I can click Sign Out in the dropdown menu.

 

Thanks, Host Kat. I had been using the user-name drop-down menu to sign out. But, thankfully, the 'log-out' button magically re-appeared, yesterday. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since whatever update was made the link which takes you to the first new post doesn’t work as well.  The CC banner covers the first few sentences so you have to scroll up.

 

See that post with the dog in the avatar?  There’s a sentence hidden there.

 

 

F6E4D49B-A7AF-460C-9AEF-C75B738E8CF6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...