Mobile Web looks different

My mobile looks this way and actually my home desktop PC looks this way using ie, edge, and Chrome.

Have to scroll thru what appears to be the site map before getting to the area you want to go.

Edited by klfrodo

10 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

My mobile looks this way and actually my home desktop PC looks this way using ie, edge, and Chrome.

Have to scroll thru what appears to be the site map before getting to the area you want to go.

Laptop seems fine. I run W10 and use Chrome

51 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I know they are working on some nav changes but I don't know that this would be an effect -- does it still look that way for you.  I only have my laptop and apple devices to test on so I can't check myself unfortunately

Still wonky, hooefully it clears up soon. I want to do a live from Allure TA on March 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I know they are working on some nav changes but I don't know that this would be an effect -- does it still look that way for you.  I only have my laptop and apple devices to test on so I can't check myself unfortunately

The boards are hosed on computers too. On my Mac using Safari the site is a mess. I can work around it but it is a mess on my laptop.

Edited by Charles4515

On my Mac with Safari, I am seeing the 'site map' as a transparent overlay of the page.

The 'site map' remains fixed in location, and I can scroll the normal page under it.  I cannot click any of the normal links.

Some tests with alternate browsers showed the site was still not fully functional in Chrome [could not log in], FireFox [the 'NoScript' extension may be blocking things]

A fairly recent version of Opera seems to work - need to see when/if things break when I update it to the current version

image.thumb.png.900c828793d20b6cc04dd073727e799a.png

5 hours ago, klfrodo said:

No mobile devices, here -- but my desktop (with Windows10 and Firefox) has had the same issue, since last night. This morning, I was actually able to go directly to the 'normal' home page -- but there was NO log-in button, so I gave up for a while. Glad to see that the mods/admins/techs are working on the problem.

Note red bar at top of pages says We are working on a few issues. Click it and you will see the following:

We are working out some technical difficulties in relation to the top navigation bars and the missing sign in on the boards.  

Thank you for your patience

For assistance please write to us  help@cruisecritic.com

7 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

On my Mac with Safari, I am seeing the 'site map' as a transparent overlay of the page.

The 'site map' remains fixed in location, and I can scroll the normal page under it.  I cannot click any of the normal links.

Some tests with alternate browsers showed the site was still not fully functional in Chrome [could not log in], FireFox [the 'NoScript' extension may be blocking things]

A fairly recent version of Opera seems to work - need to see when/if things break when I update it to the current version

image.thumb.png.900c828793d20b6cc04dd073727e799a.png

This is exactly what I was experiencing.  After a number of hours I decided to delete all website data for Cruise Critic and I was functional again.

18 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Note red bar at top of pages says We are working on a few issues. Click it and you will see the following:

We are working out some technical difficulties in relation to the top navigation bars and the missing sign in on the boards.  

Thank you for your patience

For assistance please write to us  help@cruisecritic.com

Host Kat -- Wanted to send a big "Thank You!" to you, Jenn, and the rest of the crew, who've been working so hard to fix the glitches. Just one tiny problem -- where did our 'log-out' button go?

Thank you, but as a volunteer I had nothing to do with it.

For me, I always click my user name appearing over the small Search bubble for the boards and beside the Notifications bell. Then I can click Sign Out in the dropdown menu.

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

On 2/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, *Miss G* said:

This is exactly what I was experiencing.  After a number of hours I decided to delete all website data for Cruise Critic and I was functional again.

Thank you!     Deleting all cookies and website data on the iPad finally fixed it.  (my desktop was fine)

• Like 1

Using the forum on my mobile device via the website (not Tapatalk), I'm constantly getting advertisement pop-ups without clicking on the advertisement. It seems to be any time an advertisement is touched when scrolling, although not clicked (tapped) the ad opens. Normally you could touch any link, image, advertisement, etc, without opening it, as long as you were scrolling or moving your finger and not deliberately tapping. This is very annoying as I read muti-page threads with a lot of scrolling and I'm constantly having to close tabs that are opening. This happens to me regardless of whether I'm viewing the mobile or desktop site. This is the only site that this happens on which makes it very hard to remember to watch where you scroll as it doesn't happen elsewhere. 

I use Google Chrome on Android 10. The only ads I see on CC recently are for Viking Cruises. I don't know if it's a problem with those ads specifically or with the CC site. 

On 2/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, Host Kat said:

Thank you, but as a volunteer I had nothing to do with it.

For me, I always click my user name appearing over the small Search bubble for the boards and beside the Notifications bell. Then I can click Sign Out in the dropdown menu.

Thanks, Host Kat. I had been using the user-name drop-down menu to sign out. But, thankfully, the 'log-out' button magically re-appeared, yesterday. 😊

Since whatever update was made the link which takes you to the first new post doesn’t work as well.  The CC banner covers the first few sentences so you have to scroll up.

See that post with the dog in the avatar?  There’s a sentence hidden there.

F6E4D49B-A7AF-460C-9AEF-C75B738E8CF6.jpeg