Problem with Google Chrome

bazzaw

I am writing this using a browser called BRAVE - but could equally be using Microsoft Edge browser. I usually us Google Chrome - but all of a sudden it is doing strange things . It seems to have a kind of transparent"overlay page" overlaying the Forum making the forum impossible to read. I have tried deleting all CC cookies to no avail. Anybody else experienced anything like this???

26 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I am writing this using a browser called BRAVE - but could equally be using Microsoft Edge browser. I usually us Google Chrome - but all of a sudden it is doing strange things . It seems to have a kind of transparent"overlay page" overlaying the Forum making the forum impossible to read. I have tried deleting all CC cookies to no avail. Anybody else experienced anything like this???

Yes! I'm seeing that too and I'm using Firefox. The cruisecritic Australian site is unusable for me at the moment. I've had to log in to the UK site.

Clear the cache, that should fix it. You x

Can do that without wiping cookies or sign in data.

I also had the same problem on my Android phone. Did a clean-up and that fixed it.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I have also had the same issue for a couple of days. I tried clearing the cache to no avail. I am now on a different computer and am in at present. I can get in on the phone as an emergency.

HELP PLEASE if anyone finds a solution!!!!!

Same issue on Chrome for 2 days now.  Just now,  went into history and cleared it, and bingo, working perfectly.  (There was a small msg yesterday at the top of the boards page saying they were having issues and were working on it.)

1 hour ago, bobhsv said:

Same issue on Chrome for 2 days now.  Just now,  went into history and cleared it, and bingo, working perfectly.  (There was a small msg yesterday at the top of the boards page saying they were having issues and were working on it.)

I got the message too.  It is the site not tge browsers.

It is now working for me also. Just take it slowly and do not get impatient.

I had to pause the sync while clearing 4 weeks of cache but it is all normal now. THANK YOU

The link I used: https://www.google.com/search?q=clear+my+cache+google+chrome&rlz=1C1NHXL_enAU707AU707&oq=clear+my+cache&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l6j69i60.12914j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by kent05

On 2/29/2020 at 7:53 PM, bazzaw said:

I had the same problem.  Figured it was a CC problem when I saw the short message at the top.  But then the message disappeared and I still saw same "transparent overlay page" and couldn't get in.  

Today it is working which is good news indeed.