Anyone sailing soon getting the usual Princess e-mails?

hllwdcruiser

We are sailing on March 7th on the Sky and except for the COVID-19 health and travel advisories and some pre-boarding sales pitches, we aren't getting the usual e-mails introducing our Captain, CD, Executive Chef, MUTS schedule etc. DH and I have individual e-mail addresses registered with Princess and neither of us are getting them. It's a pity because we find that those e-mails add to our excitement. Instead, we are getting the COVID-19 advisories in triplicate which are obviously having the opposite effect on us. 

Don't misread what I have written, we appreciate the advisories but just wish we had received the other e-mails as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We are sailing on March 7th on the Sky and except for the COVID-19 health and travel advisories and some pre-boarding sales pitches, we aren't getting the usual e-mails introducing our Captain, CD, Executive Chef, MUTS schedule etc. DH and I have individual e-mail addresses registered with Princess and neither of us are getting them. It's a pity because we find that those e-mails add to our excitement. Instead, we are getting the COVID-19 advisories in triplicate which are obviously having the opposite effect on us. 

Don't misread what I have written, we appreciate he advisories but just wish we had received the other e-mails as well.

Haven't received those for the last 3 cruises. Pre January. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Don't misread what I have written, we appreciate the advisories but just wish we had received the other e-mails as well.

We're sailing March 14th and got the standard "Welcome from Your Cruise Director" with ...here are your movies...entertainers...and  Medallion info.

• Like 1

In case it's the same for you...the movies are A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Knives Out.  Entertainers are Steve Caouette: Hilarious stand-up comedy and sound effects from a finalist for Princess Cruises 4th Annual "Entertainer of the Year"
and Alex Ramon: "IMpossible" Magic and Illusions that will amaze and astound

CD is Corey Moir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

In case it's the same for you...the movies are A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Knives Out.  Entertainers are Steve Caouette: Hilarious stand-up comedy and sound effects from a finalist for Princess Cruises 4th Annual "Entertainer of the Year"
and Alex Ramon: "IMpossible" Magic and Illusions that will amaze and astound

CD is Corey Moir.

Thank you!! 

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

We're sailing March 14th and got the standard "Welcome from Your Cruise Director" with ...here are your movies...entertainers...and  Medallion info.

Wow. We stopped receiving those a couple of years ago. I wonder why some get them while others who, like us used to get them, no longer do.

• Like 1

We are sailing the first of April and also have not had any emails welcoming us aboard etc.  We did receive an email about being prepared for OM and what to do ahead of time.  We have not even received any medical alerts as well since the covid-19 scare surfaced.  I assume they are too busy working on their problem ships like the Diamond.  Since I seldom read them anyway, no great loss on my part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We received the usual emails prior to our 2/15 sailing. I find it interesting that several of you have not received them for upcoming sailings....makes me wonder why they stopped.

I don't think it is anything nefarious...

Over the years, there have been other posters asking "what happened to the emails?"

Sometimes people get them, and sometimes they don't.    Regardless of any current situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pkamison said:

sailing on the TA on Crown on 3/26 - have heard nothing and have not received medallions yet

We are also on this cruise-Our last cruise in January we did not receive medallions until a week before the cruise. friends got theirs a day earlier than we did. Received an email that they had been shipped about a day before they arrived.

I sale on Princess ships two or three times a year. It has been at least two or three years since I received any of those emails. I’m also Elite and I have never received an email from Princess about being able to book a day ahead when new cruises are announced. I have tried talking to the captain circle and to customer service and Captain Circle hosts on shipboard and it’s done no good. I do get the medallion emails.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We received the usual emails prior to our 2/15 sailing. I find it interesting that several of you have not received them for upcoming sailings....makes me wonder why they stopped.

The usual informative E-mails stopped coming to use over a year ago.

For our Princess cruise last December, we received a number of E-mails, but 98% of the contents was suggestion we book Princess air, book shore excursions, make specialty restaurant reservations, etc. The other 2% of the contents were generalities such as entertainment on Princess ships is great with no information specific to our cruise.

For cruises we booked last fall, we did not even get the "thanks for booking" E-mail from the Princess CEO.

• Like 1

I find it a real pity that in today's environment Princess doesn't put value on those "feel good" e-mails, instead focusing on just selling us more. I find nothing wrong with them trying to market more of their products to me, I just don't think they realize how much we looked forward to those informative e-mails. They aren't in my junk files - I check those every day before deleting.

This was the entertainment E-mail we received before our most recent Princess cruise:

(As you read this, please realize that the ship we were on (Pacific Princess) does not have MUTS, "Magic To Do" or "Voice of the Ocean")

When it comes to onboard entertainment, there's something for everyone.

Princess Cruises

exciting entertainment awaits you - performers on stage singing  
spacer.gif    
  Take in Movies Under the Stars® and Stargazing through Discovery at SEATM. Catch first-rate performances, from original production shows to those of top guest entertainers. Join in one of our Festivals of the World that celebrates unique traditions and colorful cultures. With invitations to events that fit your interests, Princess Cruises® makes it even easier to find entertaining ways to spend your time at sea.  
spacer.gif    
Questions? Visit our FAQ page!  
VIEW NOW

a greeting from your cruise director
spacer.gif    
  On your ship, you’ll find entertainment around every corner. Read on for a few of my favorite options.  
spacer.gif    
Fall under the spell of Magic to Do - Actor on stage dressed as fairy performing Magic to Do
spacer.gif    
  Fall under the spell of Magic to Do  
spacer.gif    
  Encounter famous illusions and the musical hits of Oscar®, Grammy® and Tony Award-winning composer Stephen Schwartz in this exclusive show.  
spacer.gif    

LEARN MORE

spacer.gif    

Discover The Voice of the Ocean - Woman singing with judges listening in the Voice of the Ocean competition
spacer.gif    
  Discover The Voice of the Ocean  
spacer.gif    
  Watch guests compete throughout your cruise in our version of the top TV singing competition, and vote for the winner during the grand finale.  
spacer.gif    

LEARN MORE

spacer.gif    

Embark on a journey with Movies Under the Stars® - Family watching Movies Under the Stars
spacer.gif    
  Embark on a journey with Movies Under the Stars®  
spacer.gif    
  Enjoy these feature films in our open-air,
poolside amphitheater (popcorn included!):

Christopher Robin (2018)
Starring Ewan McGregor, Hayley Atwell, Bronte Carmichael. Directed by Marc Forster. Rated PG, 1h 44min.

Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
Starring Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Michelle Yeoh. Directed by Jon M. Chu. Rated PG-13, 2 h

spacer.gif    

LEARN MORE

spacer.gif    

Top-notch guest entertainers await
spacer.gif    
  Top-notch guest entertainers await  
spacer.gif    
  Anticipate entertainment from an enviable roster of talented professionals, like comedians, musicians, magicians and more.  
spacer.gif    

Ralph Harris
A veteran of the Comedy stage who has appeared in the movies DreamGirls and Evan Almighty. Also a Top-5 Finalist on NBC's Last Comic Standing.

Dan Delgado
Not Your Regular Instrumentalist ... Singing, dancing and live music with trumpeter Dan Delgado as he celebrates the music of Louis Armstrong to Herb Alpert and everything in between!

spacer.gif    

What else can you expect? - Couple walking on deck
spacer.gif    
  What else can you expect?  
spacer.gif    
  Explore your ship and see other amenities and activities it has to offer.  
spacer.gif    

LEARN MORE

spacer.gif    

Save on PrincessConnect WiFi - Mature couple browsing the internet on woman's phone
spacer.gif    
  Save on PrincessConnect WiFi  
spacer.gif    
  Purchase pre-cruise for special savings on an Internet package, and stay connected to your family and friends back home.  
spacer.gif    

LEARN MORE

spacer.gif