Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

8 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

I’m really in a predicament, I have a cruise with hubby 17th March, cruise with my cousins family 2nd April and Baltic cruise with hubby on 17th May all fully paid for all with P&O.... sounded so exciting when they were booked, now not so !!!

Oh that really is a predicament for you....puts my solitary 7 night cruise in April  into perspective. I really hope that P&O acts quickly with some ideas .... suggestions and answers that are helpful to us all

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just three days ago, when this thread started, it was all gung-ho - I'm not cancelling etc etc.

Now the sentiment has changed completely.

But the facts haven't actually changed that much.  Just the publicity.  Why the sudden change?

We have all finally listened to your Doom and gloom Harry... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

We are still going in a little over 2 weeks at present it is as safe as going to work mixing with lots of others. If things really change then there will be advice not to travel or P&O will find more suitable ports. I appreciate if you have other health concerns then you will feel differently 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just three days ago, when this thread started, it was all gung-ho - I'm not cancelling etc etc.

But the facts haven't actually changed that much.  Just the publicity.  Why the sudden change?

Herd mentality Harry panic as now set in facts haven’t changed,I will only start to get concerned when the planes stop flying and they ban me from going to see my beloved wolves.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We won't cancel.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, but for me the shoes are definitely in breach of the dress code.

They are over SHOES, not trainers so perfectly OK... 

As for the undergarments, there is nothing in the dress code that says I have to wear anything, so I ain't.... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think that is the point, they are not cancelling the cruise, just refusing boarding. 

As Harry's post says, according to their terms, they can refuse to refund if they stop you boarding... 

Sounds totally unfair and again, as Harry says, it can be challenged, but what a palaver!!! 

Andy 

If they refuse you boarding they have not carried out the package in accordance with your contract and would presumably have to give a full refund under regulation 13 (2)(b) of the Package Travel Regulations 2018

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Effectively our government, news media, and cruise companies are all fourteen days behind. That is the problem with a fourteen day incubation period.

In my not an expert opinion, we really need our government to realise the number of cases that have have diagnosed is fourteen days behind actual number of people infected. I would be looking at China and thinking where were they fourteen days on from this point.  We might get ahead of this disease then. At the moment everybody is fourteen days too late with everything they are doing. Perhaps travel, public gatherings, schools and cruise should be stopped now?  

You seem to be one of the few people who is thinking ahead. 

Best wishes, Stephen. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, staygulf said:

If they refuse you boarding they have not carried out the package in accordance with your contract and would presumably have to give a full refund under regulation 13 (2)(b) of the Package Travel Regulations 2018

Section 38..

See previous comments. 

In their T&C's there is a get out which seems like it can be challenged, but says they can refuse boarding and not refund. 

Andy 

8 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

I do think it is best to wait. If people who have paid in fall now cancel, P and O will have their money anyway.  As this virus progresses they may have to have a rethink and start cancelling cruises themselves and thus payout.   I live in hope!

I totally agree, things are moving very fast this weekend. France cancelling public meetings of more than 5000, Boris Johnson has had a telephone conversation with the CMO this afternoon and will speak again this evening. It is envisaged that emergency legislation will be implemented next week. That will be the time that P&O can no longer sit on the fence. 

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Section 38..

See previous comments. 

In their T&C's there is a get out which seems like it can be challenged, but says they can refuse boarding and not refund. 

Andy 

UK law trumps their terms and conditions. 

Edited by staygulf