Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

33 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Interesting from the Beeb - Germany has ordered 10,000 ventilators and Italy 5,000. They cost $17,000 dollars each

How many have we ordered? Apparently we have one small manufacturer with 40% of the market.

Probably just three.  Johnson, his latest woman, and Dominic Cummings.

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

N004 Just got the P&O email - Cancelled

Thanks for the update. We are booked on E007 which is the next departure that's not yet cancelled, so hoping they're discussing that now and we'll hear from them soon! 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

what I’d like to know and only cos I am nosy but for these that will be still boarding and have, like Britannia, boarded recently where do they stand? As they have technical gone on the cruise but that is one massive significant change. 
ive seen them say they will automatically get 125% fCC but if I was on that ship I would be livid that they had still gone ahead. It’s not like they haven’t known how many ports and boarders are closed. I would want my money not future credit. 

I would expect that they will be given a full refund plus the FCC even if they stay on board. In this case a refund is likely legal minimum however, the enhanced FCC is the goodwill gesture which some will prefer. If they do stay on board, it's not the cruise they booked. It's unlikely that there were be any rotation of guest entertainers etc. due to travel restrictions. P&O will be glad just to receive bar money on the trip.

Edited by molecrochip

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I would expect that they will be given a full refund plus the FCC even if they stay on board. In this case a refund is likely legal minimum however, the enhanced FCC is the goodwill gesture which some will prefer. If they do stay on board, it's not the cruise they booked. It's unlikely that there were be any rotation of guest entertainers etc. due to travel restrictions. P&O will be glad just to receive bar money on the trip.

Every little drop helps. Just been looking at Carnival’s 2017 accounts (latest I could find online) and their total revenue was $17.5 billion about 25% of which came from onboard and other (non fare) sources

To summarise:

Arcadia: J001 World Cruise: heading for Southampton via Durban and Cape Town (amended route).

Aurora: R003 Norway: heading for Southampton, aborted cruise. R004 cancelled.

Azura: A005 Caribbean: Due to be in Grand Turk but currently in international waters north of Puerto Rico.

Britannia: B006 Caribbean: Cancelled, heading for Southampton later today instead. B007 cancelled.

Oceana: E006N Spain & Portugal: Turned away from Malaga yesterday and over-nighted in Gibraltar. Expected to head for Southampton later today.

Ventura: N003 USA & Caribbean: Heading for Southampton. Due Tuesday morning. N004 cancelled.

• Like 2

I think its also important to consider which ports/countries are still open as opposed to waiting for P&O to make cancellations official.

Off the top of my head, affected ports/countries in the P&O network are:

- Spain (closed)

- Portugal (closed to non Portuguese nationals)

- Italy (closed)

- Malta (open but all arrivals subject to mandatory 14 day quarantine)

- France (open)

- Greece (open)

- Croatia (open)

- UK (open)

- Norway (some ports closed, could be all)

- Caribbean islands (currently open)

Again this is just off the top of my head given its a fluid situation but based on the list I don't see many options available based on current itineraries and when you consider all of the major players are suspending service for at least 30 days and as such there's going to be a vast parking lot of ships in a variety of ports.

39 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Some of its on the P&O website, some is from other people's experiences on board ships at present.

I can definitely confirm Britainnia's cruise schedule. My friend was due out on B007. This morning she's had a call from her TA confirming that Britainnia is returning to Southampton and her cruise B007 is cancelled. 

Avril 

I have looked at the website and at present I can’t see anything about what is happening to us on board Oceana. We have just had an announcement from the entertainment manager to say there is a sail away party about to happen on top deck and info about tonight’s shows. He made a flippant comment about sailing to Shangri La and the Islands of Atlantis which is neither appropriate or funny. We have no idea what they have planned for us now which is very unnerving in my opinion. Nothing from the Captain himself during the last 24 hours. 

3 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

I have looked at the website and at present I can’t see anything about what is happening to us on board Oceana. We have just had an announcement from the entertainment manager to say there is a sail away party about to happen on top deck and info about tonight’s shows. He made a flippant comment about sailing to Shangri La and the Islands of Atlantis which is neither appropriate or funny. We have no idea what they have planned for us now which is very unnerving in my opinion. Nothing from the Captain himself during the last 24 hours. 

I would hazard a guess that you're headed back to Southampton either direct or via another brief stop (Channel Islands maybe?) as I can't think of any ports along the way that will be open or worth visiting given the current climate in the countries in your current area.

OK, so Trump has changed it slightly.  It now says Trump is considering it.  He just said, yes we are considering it and it will start on Monday.  I don't think they know what they are doing.

Now says, Trump says travel restrictions to UK to be announced.

Edited by jeanlyon