Time for Oceania to review Cancellations ??

roger b

I just cancelled our June 4 Alaska cruise. Oceania should have cancelled it and given a full refund but it still shows cabins for sale!  I don't see how they can sail under new Canadian port restrictions. But they only offered a FCC for payment in full due 3/20, which we did not want to invest. My TA had them refund my pre paid tours ( per their policy) and $1,000 of our deposit. They kept the $250 pp fee and said it could be used toward a future cruise. 

45 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Sorry Susie, You received incorrect information..you will lose admin fee 

Jancruz1

So I lose $500? This from the O web site:

Cruises 14 days or Less:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT 
91-120 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

I have asked my TA one more time about this fee. 

12 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Cruises 14 days or Less:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT 
91-120 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

I have asked my TA one more time about this fee. 

1. If/when paid in full, a guest can cancel and receive a 100% FCC; however, no refund of the cruise fare will be provided
  2. Cancel under our normal cancellation guidelines, including administrative fees.

This is what I received..Maybe I misread your email..

Jamcruz1

34 minutes ago, susiesan said:

You do not lose it if you book another cruise within 12 months

They will hold back the  $250 pp  from the deposit

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue. 

How many times do people have to say it for you to understand  🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You do not lose it if you book another cruise within 12 months

They will hold back the  $250 pp  from the deposit

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue. 

How many times do people have to say it for you to understand  🙄

Gonna publish a book with all the posts about admin fees and cedit cards, etc. Geeesh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pster55 said:

Gonna publish a book with all the posts about admin fees and cedit cards, etc. Geeesh!

Do you think anyone  will read it ?

They cannot be bothered to read  1 page  on their invoice  with the  Cancellation fee  timeline  🙄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They cannot be bothered to read  1 page  on their invoice  with the  Cancellation fee  timeline  🙄

Ain't that the truth?!?! That's the first thing I turn to.

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Lynn, that is the truest thing anyone ever said on this board..I am asked the same question many times a week..what is my cancellation policy...

Jancruz1

• Like 2

Hi, we are a Uk couple booked and paid for a cruise on Marina at the end of May to France and Spain.At the moment we are holding out ,hoping Oceania will cancel and we can get a refund, as FCC isn’t looking useful. As you Americans are a lot more savvy than us about these things, what are your thoughts?

23 minutes ago, marter123 said:

Hi, we are a Uk couple booked and paid for a cruise on Marina at the end of May to France and Spain.At the moment we are holding out ,hoping Oceania will cancel and we can get a refund, as FCC isn’t looking useful. As you Americans are a lot more savvy than us about these things, what are your thoughts?

I think it's looking good for cancellations and a refund (we are on the Marina before you and hoping for same)

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 7:31 AM, LHT28 said:

It is like a guessing game  for all cruise lines  short of parking the ships  for the next 2-3 months   I wonder what the answer is

an article on CC  shows the increasing number of ports closing  to ships

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5097/

I think you are right Lynn..I think its going to be longer than we all think..not only ships but everything else..JMHO

Jancruz1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:44 AM, susiesan said:

Jan, since you seem to have the ear of someone at Oceania, it would go a long way for those of us with cruises in the next 2-3 months with final payments coming due now while the fleet is grounded, to have Oceania extend the final payment due date and have no cancellation charge/admin fee at all. I had 20 people on my roll call  for June 26 Marina Baltic. 12 have cancelled due to uncertainty about the cruise even going and not wanting to tie up their money with Oceania.They all wanted to take the cruise but are questioning if it will even sail on June 26.  It is the same position I and I'm sure many others are in. We don't know when or if Oceania will resume sailing, if ports will be accepting ships, or if airlines will be flying us overseas to embark on our cruises. I would happily keep my booking open until 30 days before the sailing date if I didn't have to make the final payment. Surely Oceania would know by 30 days prior if they are back in business. It has to take some time to get the crews back, resume operations, supply the ships after they have sat idle for at least a mont and maybe longer.

Can you run this by Oceania?

I sent it out to O..Im not sure he will answer me as they are so busy and now all working from home....if he does I will let you know what he says..

Jancruz1

22 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I sent it out to O..Im not sure he will answer me as they are so busy and now all working from home....if he does I will let you know what he says..

Jancruz1

They are only giving FCC

From O...

The best option would be to take advantage of our Travel Assurance Plan which allows them to cancel up to 48 hours prior and receive a FCC good for 2 years.

Jancruz1

22 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I think you are right Lynn..I think its going to be longer than we all think..not only ships but everything else..JMHO

Jancruz1

Spain has now closed its borders for the next 30 days to all foreigners  this takes us until 23rd of April , this throws Oceania's proposed program in to question -- when will they start cancelling ??

17 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

They are only giving FCC

From O...

The best option would be to take advantage of our Travel Assurance Plan which allows them to cancel up to 48 hours prior and receive a FCC good for 2 years.

Jancruz1

Jan - does this apply to even cruises cancelled by Oceania - only FCC and no refund?

• Like 1

Carnival Extends Cancellation and Compensation Policy

(Updated March 22, 2020 8:55 p.m. EDT) Below is information on Carnival Cruise Line’s flexible cancellation guidelines still in effect for sailings departing June through September 2020, including its Carnival Spirit Alaska sailings

Regarding Carnival’s upcoming Carnival Spirit Alaska sailings this summer, Carnival outlined options to affected guests. “We know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise,” the letter reads in part, “and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation as well as incentives to proceed with your plans.”

Carnival’s New Cancellation/Compensation Policy

Screen-Shot-2020-03-22-at-12.49.58-PM.pn

The letter says that “guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled,” will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.

READ MORE: Carnival Radiance Delayed, Sailings Cancelled

It’s important to note that this is per stateroom, not per guest. The credit will automatically be applied to the primary Sail & Sign account associated with the cabin.

For Guests Who Choose To Postpone

As of now, guests “may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date,” it reads. “Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing.”

22 minutes ago, eldaradoe said:

(Updated March 22, 2020 8:55 p.m. EDT) Below is information on Carnival Cruise Line’s flexible cancellation guidelines still in effect for sailings departing June through September 2020, including its Carnival Spirit Alaska sailings

Regarding Carnival’s upcoming Carnival Spirit Alaska sailings this summer, Carnival outlined options to affected guests. “We know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise,” the letter reads in part, “and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation as well as incentives to proceed with your plans.”

Carnival’s New Cancellation/Compensation Policy

Screen-Shot-2020-03-22-at-12.49.58-PM.pn

The letter says that “guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled,” will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.

READ MORE: Carnival Radiance Delayed, Sailings Cancelled

It’s important to note that this is per stateroom, not per guest. The credit will automatically be applied to the primary Sail & Sign account associated with the cabin.

For Guests Who Choose To Postpone

As of now, guests “may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date,” it reads. “Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing.”

What if not you but the cruise line cancels the cruise - what are the options then? Only FCC or choice between FCC or refund?

There is no mention of refund in that notice.

1 hour ago, eldaradoe said:

Not sure what it has to do with Oceania

They are  not the same company  so may or may not follow the crowd

JMO

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Not sure what it has to do with Oceania

They are  not the same company  so may or may not follow the crowd

JMO

Just a point of reference for the extension....just for you as you need explanation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Jan - does this apply to even cruises cancelled by Oceania - only FCC and no refund?

No, of they cancel the ship it is a refund..but it will be about 90 days before you see your money..

Truthfully they send out new emails almost every day which makes it hard to follow..but Paul remember in addition to the three cruise lines not sailing..they had to get everyone to work from home

Which is a huge move..including even the Presidents..I know no one feels sorry for the huge corporations, but the res agents, revenue,customer service and all those people are really nervous and I dont blame them..they all have families and if their jobs go..its a huge problem..

My heart goes out to EVERYONE in the staff

Jancruz1

• Like 8

My Kudos to the IT staff at NCL who set up everyone to work at home.   It is not as simple as taking a laptop home and connecting it to the internet.   Having done this myself as a teleworker, it is not easy.  My company has its 1800 employees working from home in 5 continents. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I know no one feels sorry for the huge corporations, but the res agents, revenue,customer service and all those people are really nervous and I dont blame them..they all have families and if their jobs go..its a huge problem..

My heart goes out to EVERYONE in the staff

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan.

I agree with you - it is the staff and crew that will take the brunt of this economically.

We cruisers will just have to postpone our cruises and some may lose some money but these people may lose their livelihood - a whole different ballgame.

• Like 6