FCC For Celebrity Cancelled Cruises

godawgs227

Based on the wording on the Celebrity website, FCC for the cruises that are impacted by Celebrity's decision to cancel those for at least the next 30 days would amount to 125% of the cruise cost. I cancelled the March 15 Silhouette cruise 2 days ago. Should I expect to receive 100% FCC under their Cruise With Confidence cancellation promotion or 125% FCC now that Celebrity has cancelled the cruise. I'm guessing 100% but hoping for 125%. 

• Like 1

I am in the same boat.  I cancelled on Tuesday for my cruise that was supposed to sail tomorrow.  Princess is offering those who cancelled earlier the same compensation, but for some reason I have a feeling Celebrity will not be as generous (this is just a guess, but given Princess had a more generous offer in the first place I am not optimistic about getting the higher FCC).  I hope I’m wrong though - especially since future cruises are so much more expensive right now! 

Edited by DC1979
  • Like 2

I cancelled last night a couple of hours before the 48 hour deadline, and 20 hours later they announce the cancellation of the cruise (which I suspected would happen).  Now I'm out $400 in airline change fees and am stuck with FCC.  Hopefully Celebrity steps up to the plate.  My travel agent (big box) tried discussing with Celebrity just now but apparently they do not have any information on what they should be refunding etc at this point.

I am in the same boat. We canceled on Friday when they announced “Sailing with confidence”. Now I wonder if Celebrity will allow us to get 100% refund instead of FCC. 
If anyone gets it please post here so we know. ❤️

15 hours ago, TroubleT said:

I am in the same boat. We canceled on Friday when they announced “Sailing with confidence”. Now I wonder if Celebrity will allow us to get 100% refund instead of FCC. 
If anyone gets it please post here so we know. ❤️

I also cancelled earlier in the week and was told I would get 100% FCC.  Priced same cruise, same week in March in 2021, same itinerary, same stateroom and cruise was $2500 more with no perks.  Hoping I can get 100% refund instead.  TA is checking it out with Celebrity.

We cancelled on Monday for our cruise which was supposed to sail today.  We are also hoping for the extra 25% credit, but not holding our breath.  The same cruise next Jan is double the price for the same cabin and perks.  We have a British Isles cruise booked in Aug.  We have considered applying our FCC to that.  However, if we have to cancel that one too, what happens to the FCC money.  Is it refundable?

58 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

We cancelled on Monday for our cruise which was supposed to sail today.  We are also hoping for the extra 25% credit, but not holding our breath.  The same cruise next Jan is double the price for the same cabin and perks.  We have a British Isles cruise booked in Aug.  We have considered applying our FCC to that.  However, if we have to cancel that one too, what happens to the FCC money.  Is it refundable?

Anyone who made the voluntary decision to cancel their cruises prior yesterdays (13 March) announcement of US based cruise cancellations will remain with what they agreed to at the time of cancellation. 

Have just received an email from Celebrity saying our cruise on the Solstice out of Sydney next Friday has been cancelled.

"Due to continued port closures and global travel restrictions, as well as to help ensure the continued safety of our guests and crew, we are temporarily suspending all cruising operations globally beginning tomorrow, March 15th, and will resume sailing again on Saturday, April 11th.  This includes the voyage you are currently scheduled to sail.  Sailings that are already underway will continue as scheduled, until further notice."

"In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021.  Should you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC.  To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you."

6 minutes ago, airato said:

Have just received an email from Celebrity saying our cruise on the Solstice out of Sydney next Friday has been cancelled.

"Due to continued port closures and global travel restrictions, as well as to help ensure the continued safety of our guests and crew, we are temporarily suspending all cruising operations globally beginning tomorrow, March 15th, and will resume sailing again on Saturday, April 11th.  This includes the voyage you are currently scheduled to sail.  Sailings that are already underway will continue as scheduled, until further notice."

"In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021.  Should you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC.  To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you."

I’m curious. We cancelled our cruise, the same as the one mentioned here, a few days ago for the same reason, the virus. We were told we’d receive a 100% future credit. Since they are now giving 125%, will we get that?

On 3/13/2020 at 6:46 PM, jelayne said:

You should check with your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct.  I would hope you have the opportunity to have the offer cancelled cruise compensation. 

Hard to check with TA right now. Costco Travel isnt even answering the phone!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a TA posted this on the Royal Caribbean boards. They said it was from Celebrity.  

“Anyone who made the voluntary decision to cancel their cruises prior to the announcement of voyage cancellations will remain with what they agreed to at the time of cancellation. “

4 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a TA posted this on the Royal Caribbean boards. They said it was from Celebrity.  

“Anyone who made the voluntary decision to cancel their cruises prior to the announcement of voyage cancellations will remain with what they agreed to at the time of cancellation. “

Quite right...they obviously chose not to wait it out ...too keen to cancel and therefore should remain with what they originally opted for 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

Hard to check with TA right now. Costco Travel isnt even answering the phone!

As many have said, all cruise companies are making decisions on the fly. They are not dealing with what is details to the and very important to you.

Patience will be needed as X is dealing with so 50000 cancellations or more. Each needs to be individually handled.

I hope that next week there can be a press release that is more specific, but with the UK travel shutting down that might be sooner than realistic.  DW and I understand as we have a cruise that at this point would be from FLL to nowhere as all ports and our destination are closed to travel. We are waiting - not happily - but with the knowledge that there is much for Celebrity to do in the next two weeks - Europe is coming in under 4 weeks and Alaska soon after.

My TA, a friend, is on the phones 12-14 hours a day with customers and then needs to confirm with some 3 dozen different cruiselines. It will take time.

My question to you is would a decision today make much difference?  

You want closure. Get it. Thus you can send an email or leave a message - if your TA doesn't have either of those you might need a new TA - as right now they are drowning in calls.

FWIW - I cancelled a United Airlines flight by calling at 2:45am the wait was 20 minutes vs. expected 22 HOURS at noon.

Deep breath.

28 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

My question to you is would a decision today make much difference?  

You want closure. Get it.

We wanted closure, so got it.  We’re very pleased with the 50% cash back and 50% FCC.  We don’t need more or less than that - we have peace of mind and closure.   After that was settled - it was then the headaches of airlines, hotels, tours, etc.

Has anyone given any thought to the number of ALL cruise line customers who have or will be accepting FCC's. 

I received an email from Celebrity advising that about their Cruise with Confidence cancellation program to enable you to cancel up to 48 hours before your sailing and receive a full Future Cruise Credit.

While I understand the business model intent of credits, and the financial strain the cruise companies are facing, I find policies of giving only credits to be shortsighted. In the midst of this Pandemic there are many cruises from all cruise companies that have been/will be cancelled, or people cancelling out of concern.  This Celebrity policy will force all their customers who cancelled to use a credit for future cruises instead of losing their money. Logic says that there won’t be enough rooms on near term future cruises to book given the number of people who are forced to or want to defer, and given that many of the cruises this fall or next spring are probably already mostly or fully booked.  Case in point I booked in April 2019 for end of May 2020 cruise. Last summer I considered changing the cruise date to September 2020 however was unable to get a comparable room as cruise was fairly booked up at that point.  Furthermore I am not at all interested in any Caribbean cruises, only Mediterranean. This means choices for me to use my FCC in the near future will be limited. 

Right now the travel industry is certainly in a huge and problematic mess. I am not panicked about my trip at this point and will wait patiently till May to decide what to do. However a cruise credit may not work if I have to book too long into the future (beyond 2021) based on the sheer volume of deferral credits that will be issued and available cruise itineraries that I would be interested in taking. 

Here's hoping the OP and others can get the 125% FCC but would just like to point out that all Celebrity is required to do is make everyone whole, which is what the 100% is designed to do.  In light of the higher prices for future cruises, the 125% would certainly be nice, though.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

On 3/13/2020 at 7:20 PM, godawgs227 said:

Based on the wording on the Celebrity website, FCC for the cruises that are impacted by Celebrity's decision to cancel those for at least the next 30 days would amount to 125% of the cruise cost. I cancelled the March 15 Silhouette cruise 2 days ago. Should I expect to receive 100% FCC under their Cruise With Confidence cancellation promotion or 125% FCC now that Celebrity has cancelled the cruise. I'm guessing 100% but hoping for 125%. 

We cancelled the Silhouette 3/27 sailing under the Cruise with Confidence offer before the actual cruise was cancelled.  We just received our FCC at the 100% amount. We were not offered the new 125% amount.  We still have not received a $232.52 credit back to our credit card for the port taxes and fees.

51 minutes ago, sunnypalms said:

We cancelled the Silhouette 3/27 sailing under the Cruise with Confidence offer before the actual cruise was cancelled.  We just received our FCC at the 100% amount. We were not offered the new 125% amount.  We still have not received a $232.52 credit back to our credit card for the port taxes and fees.

Did you book via a TA or directly with Celebrity? I ask only because on another post, a member mentioned that their port taxes and fees were sent to the TA who booked the cruise. They didn't know why. Maybe when you get the answer, can you post it here, please

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Future Cruise Credit Certif language:

This may be too small...or maybe it will print larger?

20200316_145503.jpg

Thanks for posting this. It helps to know the terms and conditions of the FCC. Of course, I notice the 'catch all T&C' on the last line....Additional terms and conditions apply. Is there any other place they are posting these Additional terms?