Where will all ships with cancelled cruises go!!!!

skings

What will the cruise lines do with all the ships in Florida? How many can port at one time? Oh Wow! The poor cruise workers will probably need to stay on the ships. Must be dozens of

ships that leave from Florida ports. Dont think 5000 passenger ships can dock just anywhere LOL!

2 minutes ago, skings said:

What will the cruise lines do with all the ships in Florida? How many can port at one time? Oh Wow! The poor cruise workers will probably need to stay on the ships. Must be dozens of

ships that leave from Florida ports. Dont think 5000 passenger ships can dock just anywhere LOL!

They will anchor. I imagine they will take this time for serious deep cleaning and maintenance.

Looks like those in the Florida market will be docked at those ports. Many crew members around the world are having trouble getting to their home airport due to various lockdowns. Some are being allowed to stay onboard.  Praying for all to be safe and stay strong during this crisis.  We will be re booking as soon as possible 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, puglady12 said:

I talked to some of the crew while departing the Seaside today. They said they are going to be quarantined before they can go back to their countries. They were very sad to be leaving   I felt bad!! 

Yes, our heart breaks for all of our MSC families. Some may not be able to get to their home airport due to the lockdowns.  How was your disembarkation?  

I believe 6 more ships are due to dock at Miami tomorrow. It will be interesting to see where the ships go that are docked today.

Can you just imagine all the poor crew member that will need to be quarantined! Hopefully if the ships are empty of passengers, they will be allowed to spread out in regular cabins.

Just listed my upcoming cruise MSC Meraviglia transatlantic (repositioning) scheduled 4/12 as offically cancelled. Was going to

cancel myself because of age and health risk. Giving choice of 125% or full refund. Our roll call has lots of Brits and other overseas pax, hope we all get our airfares refunded as easily as MSC has promised on cruise fare.

I will book another cruise, hopefully no drama even

though the one I'm checking out is 10/22 on Meraviglia to Grenada, Aruba, Hurricanes LOL!

18 hours ago, sidari said:

What crew on the private island? The people there are workers on the island and construction crews.

Many of the people who are working on the island while the ship is in port--lifeguards, shuttle drivers, etc. live on the island.  Our shuttle driver told us they live in those buildings that look like a hotel for 5 weeks at a time.  On the 6th week they get to go home for a week and then return for another 5 weeks. 

DSCN1748.jpeg

55 minutes ago, sidari said:

As I have already stated! They are not ship crew as one poster seems to think.

A lot of them were ship crew as of a couple months ago.  I met a couple last week who were on the Seaside before getting reassigned just before the island opened.

They aren't ship crew anymore, but part of the grand plan is to rotate them onto and off of ships periodically, just like they do with shifting crew between ships.  Keeps things from getting stale.

3 hours ago, sidari said:

As I have already stated! They are not ship crew as one poster seems to think.

I was not talking about the people living on the island.

I was suggesting if ship crews are left on the ships in the area and not docking, the ships could stop at the islands for the ship crew to get onto land.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Seaside looks just like my chocolate ship!

We only have one left in fridge.  Others started to look not so could and ended in salvage yard.

Thinking current one is going to get ground up and become part of chocolate chip cookies.

55 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I was not talking about the people living on the island.

I was suggesting if ship crews are left on the ships in the area and not docking, the ships could stop at the islands for the ship crew to get onto land.

That would mean MSC having to pay them, as it stands they are sending crews home, but I see your idea.

57 minutes ago, dexddd said:

We only have one left in fridge.  Others started to look not so could and ended in salvage yard.

Thinking current one is going to get ground up and become part of chocolate chip cookies.

Shouldn't that be chocolate ship cookies....😁

It must be a significant nightmare for the crew to return home, so many countries with borders closed, especiall the Med ship crews who have been to Italy in the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1