Lets speculate on something happy---What is

marshhawk

We typically get a drink and grab something to eat, not necessarily in that order. We'll have our step-granddaughter with us so it will probably be something to eat (and if a bar waiter happens to wander by while we're eating...).

17 hours ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

I don't drink, but when we finally get on the boat, I am going to get the drink of the day in the Red Frog Rum Bar Tervis. I got the Blue Iguana Tervis last cruise, and want the Red Frog one too!

I did this on our first cruise. I am not a big drinker but decided to branch out and I tried the drink of the day every day. Found some I liked and some I gave to the hubby!

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

Hello can't wait right now I have a balcony on deck 14 husband likes being up high. I am waiting out an extended balcony though in the middle.

We have an Aft Balcony booked on deck 14.  Currently working from home and dreaming of December.

• Like 1

The first thing I will do is check and see if while the ship sat in port, if the crew scraped and painted all the rust on the balconies and other outdoor areas.  There is no reason that every ship in the fleet is not just like new when you next board.  So, look forward to sparkling clean windows, floors, dining utensils and public areas.  There is always sunshine after a storm.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ncovert said:

The first thing I am going to do on our upcoming Alaskan cruise is request the dividers be opened between our two extended balconies at guest services so our balcony viewing will be optimized.  From there I plan on going straight up and ordering a "Frog" Island Iced Tea.  Oh I cannot wait!!!

The Frog Island Iced Tea is my favorite!  

• Like 1

Stop for a moment and be thankful to God that my sweet husband and I are blessed enough to be cruising......again! Our next cruise in September will be another Alaskan cruise, so doubly blessed!  And yes I'm staying positive that it will still sail.  Thanks to the OP for this POSITIVE and fun thread!  Let's all stop and count our blessings - I guarantee you you'll forget about this CV situation if you do!  😀🚢

• Like 3

You're welcome for this thread, and thank you for thanking me.  Life is not promised, nothing is, but if we can hang on to our dreams and desires, all things are possible, maybe not in our "time" but in God's time.

After that fruity NA drink, I will head to the lido for a salad, and carved beast...LOL:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Life is not promised, nothing is, but if we can hang on to our dreams and desires, all things are possible, maybe not in our "time" but in God's time.

So true!  Life is so short - and tomorrow is no guarantee. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrhartert said:

I'm sailing my very first cruise on the Inspiration in September. I have no idea what I'll do first, but I'm still super excited! Any recommendations?

Welcome! It is a totally different life experience. Recommendations? Sure. Lots of them....explore the ship...it's mind boggling...have a FunshipSpecial when you first board....check out the shops....enjoy the dining in the main dining room...try out the buffet on Lido deck....look out at the ocean after you get under way....serenity has never been so great.

The choices are limitless for a new cruiser, and the more you take in, the more you look forward to your next cruise.

That's the way it went down for us last July.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrhartert said:

I'm sailing my very first cruise on the Inspiration in September. I have no idea what I'll do first, but I'm still super excited! Any recommendations?

Most people go to their favorite eatery and grab lunch first. Since you don't know what that'll be, you're options are wide open. Enjoy figuring that out. 😁 As our Cruise Director kept saying on our last one...you're on a cruise, there are no diets. The first day is a great time to explore the ship. There won't really be any activities or events going on until evening, so you're free to explore without the need to be somewhere. If you get lost, don't worry, it happens to everyone at some point.

There's so many things to do, don't try to do them all. You'll run yourself ragged and still won't get to everything on any given day. Pick out things you really want to do, but if you miss them, don't fret over it. There are many activities that are repeated, either the same day or another day. Most of all, don't be afraid to be disappointed about certain things. Like so many tings in life, no cruise line can please all of the people all of the time. There could very well be things you don't like here & there. Don't let them sour you to the overall experience. Brush them off and move on to the next exciting thing. 😊

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

We just got back from the Horizon on Sunday. The last one before the shut-down. I feel for those who got cancelled, but here's to hoping you get to make it up soon.

When we left, things were still relatively calm. It wasn't until about six days in that we started hearing things back in the U.S. were going crazy. Even so, the mood on board never changed. No one talked about it, except for those of us with the occasional jokes to lighten things up, and everyone went about having fun as usual. Aside from the safety measures being taken by the crew, we couldn't really tell anything unusual was going on. If our cruise had been one week later, and Carnival didn't shut down, we would've gone.

Now comes the hard part. Being on CC and reading about everyone's upcoming cruises when we don't have one scheduled. 😔 But we're looking. We're thinking about doing one of the Sailabraton cruises. 😃