When will refund be issued?

sonshn

2 hours ago, maggienp said:

Does mariner status make a difference in order of processing? Are  only 4 star and assume there would be many many 5 stars on this cruise.

I don't think so. My GF was booked on the 28-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. She is a 2-Star mariner. She received her refund in 66 days from submitting the paperwork (68 days from HAL cancelling the cruise). 

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

I don't think so. My GF was booked on the 28-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. She is a 2-Star mariner. She received her refund in 66 days from submitting the paperwork (68 days from HAL cancelling the cruise). 

I am 4 star and have been waiting about 65 day now.   Also have HAL insurance.   Stars and insurance does not put you on top of list for refunds.  Notice other people on my cancelled cruise have not received their money yet.     A little disheartening when you read about someone on a cruise in October that has received their refund.   Our cruise was June 5th.  Good luck everyone and stay safe.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:20 AM, maggienp said:

We canceled a 3/21 sailing on 3/8. Filed the paperwork for a refund, as opposed to a cruise credit, the following week. 

Went through the standard after April 1st, May, end of May in three separate chats. Sent an email 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I had thought I could not dispute with credit card company since payment was made in early December. Reading here, some people have had success?

Is there any best method for getting any information?

You can still dispute the charge with your cc.  My husband had paid in full back in February 2019 (my Valentine's present) for an August 2020 cruise.  The day after HAL cancelled the cruise, we filled out the form for HAL and contacted the cc company.  They gave us a conditional credit the next day and it was permanent a week later.  We still want to cruise but will wait until it is safe to do so (and won't pay in full so far in advance again.)  Good luck to you.

~ Marci

We cancelled a February 2021 cruise in March 2020 as we now had future cruise credits from another line that we had to use in 2021. After 30 days with no refund from HAL, we disputed the deposit with our credit card and got our deposit back minus $50 within a couple of days. The $50 missing was an initial deposit made over a year ago. Today, we got the $50 refunded from HAL on our credit card. So it took time but eventually we got all our money back.

We cancelled our Jul Norway cruise back at the end of Apr before final payment and moved our down payment over to a Jul 2021 cruise. Two weeks later we received an email informing us that we would be refunded our excursion in 60-90 days. We just got our CC bill and there was our refund for the excursion.  

Edited by ski ww

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

We cancelled our Jul Norway cruise back at the end of Apr before final payment and moved our down payment over to a Jul 2021 cruise. Two weeks later we received an email informing us that we would be refunded our excursion in 60-90 days. We just got our CC bill and there was our refund for the excursion.  

We're at 81 days...I cancelled the excursions before HAL cancelled the cruise, so those were refunded immediately.  FCC came around 60 days, still waiting for $4000 in taxes, port fees and air fare.

The maximum it can take is 120 days, in some particular cases it can take not more than 30-40 days but in general all the refunds are issued within 30 days. The thing is that it will depend on the time when you applied for a refund and on the current situation with refunds in that one particular company. If there are way to many refund requests it may take a little longer than 30 days or even for 120 days 

I received my email today from American Express letting me know I had a credit from Holland America.  It was for my taxes and port fees, all paid in full.  My cruise was on April 18, 2020 and we cancelled it on March 15th.  It took over 60 days but just happy to be refunded.   I cancelled excursions online when we cancelled the cruise.  We received  that refund immediately when the cruise was cancelled.

I have not received anything from Holland America about my FCC, so I am going to send the TA and email and see if she can see that it has been added to our account.

1 hour ago, shipshapegirl said:

I have not received anything from Holland America about my FCC, so I am going to send the TA and email and see if she can see that it has been added to our account.

You'll likely not hear anything from HAL regarding your FCC... we didn't. A couple of days after our refund posted to our credit card, I called HAL to inquire about the FCC because we were ready to pull the trigger on another sailing for next Spring.

The agent checked our Mariner accounts and confirmed that our FCC had posted, which of course was a very pleasant surprise. We're now booked with the 'Have it All' promo and $200 OBC for a March '21 sailing! 😃

51 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

You'll likely not hear anything from HAL regarding your FCC... we didn't. A couple of days after our refund posted to our credit card, I called HAL to inquire about the FCC because we were ready to pull the trigger on another sailing for next Spring.

The agent checked our Mariner accounts and confirmed that our FCC had posted, which of course was a very pleasant surprise. We're now booked with the 'Have it All' promo and $200 OBC for a March '21 sailing! 😃

Thanks!  I guess we need to start booking another cruise then.  I seen the "Have it All" promo and $200 OBC is always good!  

HAL issued our refund for our cancelled March 19 cruise, and some extras we had prepaid for, on May 29, 2020. 

AMEX has posted the credit to my account as of this this morning.

That makes it about 75 days ( +/- ) since we got notice that the cruise was cancelled.

I hope others see their refund activity in about the same amount of time.

Stay safe out there......

On 5/30/2020 at 7:31 AM, dobiemom said:

We are Platinum and are waiting for the refund and FCC for the cruise HAL cancelled on March 13, so I don't think mariner status means anything at all :)

HAL issued our refund for our April 6 2020 cruise to AMEX      posted the credit to my account as of this this morning May 31.  We received the extras that we purchased refunded end of March. 

That makes it about 81 days ( +/- ) since we cancelled.  Finally it’s been an adventure. Now staying home for now. Trying to keep our small business in the wine industry and 11 employees surviving.  The refund will help to keep production going for a while. 

I hope others see their refund activity soon. 
see you in 2021. 

Update to my wait for refund -

I am awaiting  refund for a cruise I cancelled on April 22 - received the future cruise deposits back, shore excursions, etc....

Went to HAL chat, and was advised it was put through on March 27, and the agent also quoted the last four digits of the credit card number in the conversation.  Hopefully it will show up in the next few days.... 

Advantage : I took a screenshot of the chat session.  All other telephone inquiries in the past have netted vague  and canned responses (I have had 3 cancelled cruises, one of which was a Japan cruise in April - dealt with quickly as it was the beginning of cancellations).

So it seems they are progressing - although my cancellation did not involve any future cruise credits to be figured and banked, etc.   It was a straightforward transaction and I cancelled of my own accord.

Carol

12 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

It seems this may be the best way to go. We're at 82 days now waiting for our taxes, port fees and air refund.   Did you book through HAL or a TA?  

Booked through a TA, cancelled through a TA.  Future cruise deposits that had been sitting on this were refunded (at my request) May 8, IIRC - 

Carol

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

Update to my wait for refund -

I am awaiting  refund for a cruise I cancelled on April 22 - received the future cruise deposits back, shore excursions, etc....

Went to HAL chat, and was advised it was put through on March 27, and the agent also quoted the last four digits of the credit card number in the conversation.  Hopefully it will show up in the next few days.... 

Advantage : I took a screenshot of the chat session.  All other telephone inquiries in the past have netted vague  and canned responses (I have had 3 cancelled cruises, one of which was a Japan cruise in April - dealt with quickly as it was the beginning of cancellations).

So it seems they are progressing - although my cancellation did not involve any future cruise credits to be figured and banked, etc.   It was a straightforward transaction and I cancelled of my own accord.

Carol

please note in error I wrote March, should be MAY 27.  Cancelled cruise April, HAL chat agent today said refund was processed MAY 27.

my typo, my bad

Carol

Update :

This morning June 2, the deposit refund was credited back to my charge card, with a transaction date of May 28.   HAL chat agent had advised yesterday June 1, that my refund had been processed by HAL on May 27.

Carol

On 5/31/2020 at 11:38 AM, SFO PETER said:

HAL has refunded all monies for our Koningsdam SA March 2020.   Now we are waiting for FCC.   I am posting details here to provide information not to make anyone more annoyed at any delays.

49956898877_cd106018f1_o.png

Hi just wondering what the 100.00 separated was for , do you know ?. And I see that you got your port taxes back with the one payment. I thought that they are sending the taxes separably. Congrats on your refund. 

We were booed on the 3/21 28-day cruise.  Filled out the request for a full refund on 3/16, so around 80 days ago.

I "chatted" with HAL this morning to try and get an update on my refund.  I was told"there is no way to check the status".  I then asked who would have access to that information and was told "Unfortunately this information is unavailable". I said "You are telling me that NO ONE knows the status?"  The answer "Unfortunately not".  Seriously?

I then called HAL.  I was told that due to the fact 2 different credit cards were used, the refund has been delayed.  Just to be clear; the major part of the cruise fair was on one card (ours), then our TA upgraded us and used a company credit card.  Thought this might be helpful to those of you waiting for that elusive return of monies. This is not rocket science, but any excuse in the book.  I've held off, but a cc dispute is in my near future.

57 minutes ago, diddlydi said:

Hi just wondering what the 100.00 separated was for , do you know ?. And I see that you got your port taxes back with the one payment. I thought that they are sending the taxes separably. Congrats on your refund. 

====

thank you.   The separate $100 was a mystery to me as well.   We do use Future Cruise Deposit (FCD not FCC) to book so I am thinking (not sure since it was some time ago) that the $100 was "cash" supplemental deposit in lieu of second FCD being returned since the one FCD was not sufficient deposit for the cruise.   Hope this makes sense.  I did not keep the initial invoice.

Peter

• 3 months later...