When will refund be issued?

sonshn

26 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Couple of questions, and observations here; from one that just recently received their refund after about 75 days from HAL cancelling our cruise:

1) Did you or HAL cancel your cruise (it does make a difference) Everyone's unique situation is different, and the details are important

2) What your TA says only applies to his/her clients, and does not represent the total population of those affected. Several are in the same boat (no pun intended) as us, and have received our refunds

3) I would try to be patient and give HAL some more time to get your refund done.. they are making progress

4) Personally, I would only turn to your credit card in terms of a disputed charge as a VERY LAST resort; as this may only complicate matters further, and ultimately delay your credit more

Just MHO, and others will likely disagree..

Good luck!

HAL cancelled the cruise.

Our TA received a different answer each time she called with regards to refund for cruise and air fare.

I called after 45 days and was told it could be another 60-90 days for refund or longer.

Contacted my credit card company - FULL refund received on my credit card in 24 hours. Was offered either to simply use the credit up over time or they would send me a check for the credited amount.

4 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

HAL cancelled the cruise.

Our TA received a different answer each time she called with regards to refund for cruise and air fare.

I called after 45 days and was told it could be another 60-90 days for refund or longer.

Contacted my credit card company - FULL refund received on my credit card in 24 hours. Was offered either to simply use the credit up over time or they would send me a check for the credited amount.

When was your cruise scheduled to sail? HAL is working forward, from the first cancelled cruises (mid March) to now. So if your cruise was scheduled to sail any time after mid March, you jumped the gun.

This is the problem.............no one knows the timeline they are issuing refunds on?    Or how the refund status happens?     We booked with HAL and reached out to them........ had communication we thought was reliable..........and still nothing has happened.    Earlier this month we filed with cc and will see what happens.    No credit has been issued and IF HAL refunds us I will gladly rescind the complaint with cc company..............BUT, all of this is a muddy mess and nothing seems to be any clearer now than it was over two months ago.........  : /  

• Like 4

I cancelled a Baltic cruise sailing this July on 4/1 before final payment .and before HAL closed down European itineraries. Just had a deposit on it so it's not like it's a ton of money hanging out there, and there were no prepaid add ons. Simple, right? No FCCs or extra money involved. No big calculations. I don't want anything other than my deposit back. So why is this taking so long? I love HAL as a product, but this is frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yerdua said:

I cancelled a Baltic cruise sailing this July on 4/1 before final payment .and before HAL closed down European itineraries. Just had a deposit on it so it's not like it's a ton of money hanging out there, and there were no prepaid add ons. Simple, right? No FCCs or extra money involved. No big calculations. I don't want anything other than my deposit back. So why is this taking so long? I love HAL as a product, but this is frustrating.

You're at the back of the line with thousands of requests before you.  Patience. 

• Like 3

We received our credit card credit today for the WC.  We have now received both our CC credit and our future cruise credit.  Up next is our expense reimbursement and our long lost luggage.

• Like 3

We canceled a 3/21 sailing on 3/8. Filed the paperwork for a refund, as opposed to a cruise credit, the following week. 

Went through the standard after April 1st, May, end of May in three separate chats. Sent an email 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I had thought I could not dispute with credit card company since payment was made in early December. Reading here, some people have had success?

Is there any best method for getting any information?

48 minutes ago, maggienp said:

We canceled a 3/21 sailing on 3/8.

Since many have reported refunds are rolling out for mid-March and the World Cruise, I would think your 3/21 sailing would be coming up next.  Our sailing was to be 4/2, so we're after you.  Many more after that.  Just waiting in line...

On 5/26/2020 at 11:33 PM, KroozNut said:

When was your cruise scheduled to sail? HAL is working forward, from the first cancelled cruises (mid March) to now. So if your cruise was scheduled to sail any time after mid March, you jumped the gun.

And, if HAL goes bankrupt and/or out of business (hopefully neither) we currently have our full refunds.

5 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We received our credit card credit today for the WC.  We have now received both our CC credit and our future cruise credit.  Up next is our expense reimbursement and our long lost luggage.

Ditto. FCC last week (60 days). Cash refund (67 days) overnight on our credit card. We'll give the travel reimbursement another week since it appears according to some folks that submitted via e-mail in mid-May have already rec'd their check. We submitted ours via snail mail the second week of April.

I suspect the luggage will certainly take some time to place on a container ship, etc. And so it goes...

Onward we go!

Be well.

Bob

32 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

And, if HAL goes bankrupt and/or out of business (hopefully neither) we currently have our full refunds.

The likelihood of either is very low at least for the next 12-18 months.  That’s why they raised so much cash.

We were put ashore in Perth when our World Cruise ended suddenly in March. The promised cash refund hit our credit card yesterday. Our refundable OBC, excursions, port fees and taxes were paid out about two weeks ago. HAL booked our flights home from Australia when the ones we booked were cancelled, and threw in a day room at a hotel. No refund needed, because they never charged us for it.

We are still waiting for refunds from a river cruise, five airlines, two Safari companies, and a private tour to Borobudur. HAL no longer owes us a dime! (Although our luggage is still sailing around the Philippines.)

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, vtgal said:

I cancelled before final payment (due april 24) 

but had paid $2000 of that payment earlier. 

TA says 60 days from sailing date (July 30)

a bit shocked to hear that

I highly doubt that people who self cancelled their cruises have to wait 60 days from sail date.   I cancelled on April 22, a sailing for Jan 2021 - and my TA was told, and I have been told on separate occasions, 60 days from when I cancelled.

For cruises cancelled by HAL, those refunds, FCC’s are being processed in order of sail date BUT not necessarily true 60 days from sail date.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer
  • Like 1

HAL canceled our March 22 cruise. We responded to receive a full refund on the first day allowed-March 15. Have called many times being told something different by each HAL representative.

Still waiting for refund on our Neptune suite. 76 days and counting...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WE FINALLY MADE IT!!  REFUND RETURNED.

I have read on Cruise Critic ,for months daily posts, about refunds etc so I wanted to take a few minutes and try to HELP others understand about our refund and how yours may play into the equation.

We had a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise booked and paid for.  Cruise was going to be on the Oosterdam for March 21, 2020 roundtrip San Diego.  March 7, 2020 was the beginning of the cruise cancellations and Pandemic.  HAL officially cancelled our cruise on March 14, 2020.  We filled out paperwork on BOTH HAL’s website and the big box store’s website on March 17th requesting 100% reimbursement of monies paid.  We never disputed with the credit card company.  We never called HAL until a few days ago, and because we were booking another cruise for 2021.  Timeline is as follows:

74 days waiting from when HAL cancelled our particular cruise 3-14 to 5-26-20

71 days waiting from when WE officially cancelled the cruise     3-17 to 5-26-20

67 days from the actual cruise date to when booking processed to credit card  3-21 to 5-26-20

3 days currently waiting now (May 29th) for monies to show up on credit card with Cap One.  They are always fast posting. Should see within a few more days.

In addition, on March 14, just prior to us cancelling the cruise  I had gone on line to my HAL account and cancelled shore excursions and other extras that we had pre-paid and got the money back to credit card next day. We had also paid for medical/trip insurance thru a private company, I called them as well in early March, and immediately got our insurance premium returned……pleasantly surprised.

We live in San Diego so had no flights needed, so reimbursement not an issue.  

Hope this helps others in their wait for refund or FCC.  IT IS COMING and we will be cruising next year!!  14 day Alaska and 35 day Voyage of Vikings 2021.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:06 PM, CJcruzer said:

I highly doubt that people who self cancelled their cruises have to wait 60 days from sail date.   I cancelled on April 22, a sailing for Jan 2021 - and my TA was told, and I have been told on separate occasions, 60 days from when I cancelled.

Carol

Speaking as one who self cancelled, some of us were reimbursed in a relatively short period of time but some have not been even though we literally cancelled on the same day.  Iif you go back to look at gigiane's post, she is 82 days out waiting and had HAL's platinume insurance.  She cancelled the same day I did and is still waiting 😞 

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how HAL is doing this.

it reminds me of what a captain said once jokingly about the old VIP parties - we just  throw darts.  Wondering if that is what Seattle is doing?

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

Speaking as one who self cancelled, some of us were reimbursed in a relatively short period of time but some have not been even though we literally cancelled on the same day.  Iif you go back to look at gigiane's post, she is 82 days out waiting and had HAL's platinume insurance.  She cancelled the same day I did and is still waiting 😞 

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how HAL is doing this.

it reminds me of what a captain said once jokingly about the old VIP parties - we just  throw darts.  Wondering if that is what Seattle is doing?

It is now 60 days since HAL cancelled the cruise. I have not received any money back. 
My travel agent said she’ll check on Monday. 

An interesting credit was posted to my credit card this morning.  The port taxes and cancellation policy were moved to an open booking by the accounting department.  My PCC figured this out.  I was disappointed but told her to let it be, they had just announced the layoffs and she was stressed.  This morning those charges were credited to the cc.  I double checked the booking online and the credit was no longer applied.  This was from our March 18 itinerary.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VacationCharlene said:

WE FINALLY MADE IT!!  REFUND RETURNED.

I have read on Cruise Critic ,for months daily posts, about refunds etc so I wanted to take a few minutes and try to HELP others understand about our refund and how yours may play into the equation.

We had a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise booked and paid for.  Cruise was going to be on the Oosterdam for March 21, 2020 roundtrip San Diego.  March 7, 2020 was the beginning of the cruise cancellations and Pandemic.  HAL officially cancelled our cruise on March 14, 2020.  We filled out paperwork on BOTH HAL’s website and the big box store’s website on March 17th requesting 100% reimbursement of monies paid.  We never disputed with the credit card company.  We never called HAL until a few days ago, and because we were booking another cruise for 2021.  Timeline is as follows:

74 days waiting from when HAL cancelled our particular cruise 3-14 to 5-26-20

71 days waiting from when WE officially cancelled the cruise     3-17 to 5-26-20

67 days from the actual cruise date to when booking processed to credit card  3-21 to 5-26-20

Glad to here it’s worked for you.

We were booked on the same cruise departing March 21st and are still waiting although we cancelled 9 days before you did.and are now at 83 days from cancellation...

Does mariner status make a difference in order of processing? Are  only 4 star and assume there would be many many 5 stars on this cruise.