What is your back up choice for a cruise?

marshhawk

In the event that our current situation continues, and we have to find a future cruise (out in the future) what cruise have you chosen to take?  The same one, or a new one?

I was planning hypothetically this morning, and found a great 5 day cruise out of Tampa.  This would be a "new" ship for us, and ports that we haven't been to in a while-sounds like a decent trade off.  Gives me hope.  How about you? 

Great topic & hopefully we are allowed to expand ideas.  

My situation is having a March birthday that occurs one week before my wife’s b’day.  Explored every possible means of celebrating & everything is simply closed.  We decided to book a nearby hotel (we live with her Mom, our daughter & 2 grandkids).  Simply getting away one night is enough for us considering risk/reward.

I also had booked a flight for next month to see siblings I haven’t seen in 7+ years (too far to

drive).  I quickly realized that was a bad idea when my employer put another employee on

a 2 week stay-at-home vacation once they returned to work HEALTHY on 3/16 from a cruise with no Coronavirus cases.  No policy before or after either.

Stay safe, practice healthy hygiene, practice social distancing.  Be very careful what you tell your employer about any non-essential travel.  It’s a new World we live in and the post 9/11 “live your life” is not welcomed.  

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

In the event that our current situation continues, and we have to find a future cruise (out in the future) what cruise have you chosen to take?  The same one, or a new one?

I was planning hypothetically this morning, and found a great 5 day cruise out of Tampa.  This would be a "new" ship for us, and ports that we haven't been to in a while-sounds like a decent trade off.  Gives me hope.  How about you? 

I've been looking at the same cruise on different dates that don't conflict too closely with other bookings.

Our upcoming cruise was to be in June, but I fear our health risks might be keeping us off a cruise ship for  awhile,  The cruise was the celebrate DH's 70th, and he wanted to go to the same beach that we went to last year for my 65th.  So as I was looking, I saw a 5 day cruise to Mahogany Bay and Cozumel in December.  Pre Christmas is  one of my favorite times to cruise, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Mahogany Bay, DH saw lionfish when he was snorkeling., and getting on the beach early guaranteed us an empty beach, while everyone else was off exploring the island.  And the cruise goes to Cozumel too, the place where the beach is that he wants to go to.  The big difference, is that as I am getting older, I find driving to Tampa takes me two days, when it used to take me 7 hours.  Ah, aging.  That said, there are places to explore in Florida, if we take two days to get there and two days on the way back.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

We are currently in two extended balconies on the the Miracle at the end of May. IF (and only if) the cruise is cancelled I have been eyeing the Mexican Rivera on the Panorama the second week in October.  I fear my "IF" is inevitable, but I want the Miracle to know I held out for her.

Our next cruise will be on the Mardi Gras in November 2021. By then, there will most likely be an inoculation for the corona virus, and hopefully the world will have returned to normal (or as close to it as possible). 

• Thanks 1

We live 4 hours from the North Carolina coast. We try to go once a month. We love it there and plan to retire there. We are supposed to go next weekend. Probably not happening now.

We were looking to go to Disney and Sea World in May for hubby's birthday but hope to now go for mine in November.

We will probably do our next Carnival cruise in 2021. Been looking at our options while we are home.

My husband and mine’s yearly August vacation in Kauai is complete, Condo & flight paid  before this all happened. 🏝🏝

I was booked for March 29th Glory out of NOLA. I cancelled and rebooked last week. Now, October out of Galveston on the Glory. 🛳🛳

🤞🏼   🤞🏼

Bobbi

My next cruise isn’t until the end of August so hopefully this is over by then. That one is Magic from Miami to HMC, GT, Aruba, Bonaire.

But I am looking to add one around December pending the nfl schedule release. Looking at going back to a western Caribbean on Vista. Hit Tulum from Cozumel, another set of Mayan ruins in Belize...not sure about a Roatan plan yet. 

So I guess if I have to cancel August I’d be looking at Vista as my next one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Get a prime suite on the Madi Gras!

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My next cruise isn’t until the end of August so hopefully this is over by then. That one is Magic from Miami to HMC, GT, Aruba, Bonaire.

But I am looking to add one around December pending the nfl schedule release. Looking at going back to a western Caribbean on Vista. Hit Tulum from Cozumel, another set of Mayan ruins in Belize...not sure about a Roatan plan yet. 

So I guess if I have to cancel August I’d be looking at Vista as my next one.

You will love Tulum. It's right on the water, and you can see Cozumel from it. Many, many archaeological sites there, that you can walk up to. Fascinating place. Coba is not to far from there, which is incredible as you can scale the pyramid, and see miles and miles as well as the jungle canopy.  As well as Xcaret which is a cove to swim in and play with the fish that swim around you. Good choice! 👍

• Like 1

I think the cruise Gods are try to tell me to stay home.   It all started last year.  Was supposed to go to Cuba and that got cancelled.   Then booked a cruise to Japan for this June.   That got cancelled.  I now have a cruise booked for May 9th to Mexico and another one booked for June 27th to Alaska.  Those will probably get cancelled.   I have a sister who lives in Virginia Beach and read that the Carnival Magic will be sailing out of Norfolk.  That one is on my short list for October next year not this year.

38 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

My husband and mine’s yearly August vacation in Kauai is complete, Condo & flight paid  before this all happened. 🏝🏝

I was booked for March 29th Glory out of NOLA. I cancelled and rebooked last week. Now, October out of Galveston on the Freedom 🛳🛳

🤞🏼   🤞🏼

Bobbi