for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Cynthia, good morning, I don't think there is a Stanley show tomorrow night. Holiday weekend........they are having something special from Anderson Cooper at 8 pm.......he had a met a Mom from Ukraine a while back and did a story about her and her kids....they are showing it. And from what I can tell "Searching for Italy" is being pre-empted. Carlton Mccoy's show is at 9pm this week.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, good morning, I don't think there is a Stanley show tomorrow night. Holiday weekend........they are having something special from Anderson Cooper at 8 pm.......he had a met a Mom from Ukraine a while back and did a story about her and her kids....they are showing it. And from what I can tell "Searching for Italy" is being pre-empted. Carlton Mccoy's show is at 9pm this week.

I hope you are right, but I did read an article online saying this season only had 4 episodes...

22 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I hope you are right, but I did read an article online saying this season only had 4 episodes...

Ohhhhhh.....I had no idea! Only 4? So not very many at all😲

i think they could do only 4 Searching for italy was due to COVID.  note the masking in the shows,  plus since London is home, it was easier to do one there than travel to Italy,  just my theory.   

man, lots of memorial day sales on all those websites with cool clothes. I'm for sure going back go Sundance and picking up one pair of earrings I've been eyeing - 25% off.  

melody - sadly I don't have a costco membership...   the shorts aren't an immediate need, but something I want for general Summer.

The pork tenderloin with the citrus seasoning was just OK,  but still good to eat,.

• Like 1

The earrings,  they will go great with my dress for the wedding, and the classic jeans and a white shirt.  Sundance has had different permutations of these for years, but this one just called with the right colors and the $75 price was right:

82300.jpg

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

The earrings,  they will go great with my dress for the wedding, and the classic jeans and a white shirt.  Sundance has had different permutations of these for years, but this one just called with the right colors and the $75 price was right:

82300.jpg

Those are pretty, wish I could wear silver (allergic)

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Those are pretty, wish I could wear silver (allergic)

Hi Melody, sadly, many women cannot wear silver..........but you know there is some silver that has no nickel it. (That is what usually causes the problem).

• Like 1

Cynthia - I made a nice little slushy out some of the TJ's jalapeño limeade and ice.  Blended in my Blendjet (a wonderful USB personal blender!).  Yummy!  I like that little bite of heat at the end.  It was too early in the day to add in some Tito's, but I will do that some evening!

In their dairy section, they had bottles of fresh Spicy Mango Juice.  That one should be good blended up with some vodka or maybe even rum!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I made a nice little slushy out some of the TJ's jalapeño limeade and ice.  Blended in my Blendjet (a wonderful USB personal blender!).  Yummy!  I like that little bite of heat at the end.  It was too early in the day to add in some Tito's, but I will do that some evening!

In their dairy section, they had bottles of fresh Spicy Mango Juice.  That one should be good blended up with some vodka or maybe even rum!!

Ooh, I hadn't seen that Spicy Mango juice. I might pop over to TJ's tomorrow anyway -- the Italian film festival is near the one I usually visit.....

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, sadly, many women cannot wear silver..........but you know there is some silver that has no nickel it. (That is what usually causes the problem).

I’m allergic to titanium, silver & nickel. If it’s under 14 carat good I have issues 

On 5/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, slidergirl said:

First off - everyone have a good holiday weekend!  Remember to take a little time to honor those who sacrificed for us.  Let Summer begin...

Food thing:  I'm on the tenderloin train.  What I think I'm going to do tonight is rub the 'loin with some of my TJ's Citrusy Garlic seasoning.  Who knows??

Clothes question?  Anyone seen decent jeans shorts that aren't ripped, unheeded, VERY short??  lighter wash, and ability to roll up are necessities.  I'm almost at a point to buy a pair of jeans and take them to a seamstress to turn into shorts.

OOTD:  sleeveless Vneck T, capri leggings.  it's hot here today (up to 78), but it drops back to cloudy and upper 40s for the weekend.  I'll replace the Vneck with a long-sleeve T.

Hi Kat, not sure if you buy clothes over tv or not, but QVC carries quite a few brands of shorts. If you type in "Denim shorts" there are a lot of choices that pop up and they have brands that are not "short short" or ripped and torn.........just a suggestion🙂

• Like 1

One of the benefits of embracing my gray hair during COVID has been realizing that silver earrings now look as good as gold ones. 

I don't believe I have any metal allergies, but a few times when I was younger, my gold rings (even 14k or 18k) would leave green marks on my fingers -- usually only happened when I was really stressed so I suspect it was some kind of chemical/hormonal reaction.  Hasn't happened in years though....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Ooh, I hadn't seen that Spicy Mango juice. I might pop over to TJ's tomorrow anyway -- the Italian film festival is near the one I usually visit.....

Made the mistake of reading TJ's May Fearless Flyer -- now I am definitely going!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the suggestions all.  I'll look around.

melody - sorry 'bout the metal allergy.  my one neice has it, too.  have you tried surgical steel?  

Cool and rainy today - from upper 70s on Friday to the lower 40s today.  Gotta love Spring in the mountains!

hey,  some TJ's suggestions;  in the Frozen section, the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal bites.  If anyone likes that kind of oatmeal, the bites are a nice breakfast or snack.  10 minutes in the air fryer and ready to go!  

OOTD:  joggers and a Tshirt - not going anywhere today.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Not quite fashion but I'm curious what kind of sleepwear do most of you pack?  I'm thinking capri length bottoms with pockets & a short sleeve top....  TIA.

Hi, it is fashion LOL......and that is what I wear. Actually, I have a set I always bring on my cruises and that might be something I will look for and get a new pair🙂.  I prefer cotton and so many brands are a poly.........I just feel much more comfortable sleeping in cotton.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Not quite fashion but I'm curious what kind of sleepwear do most of you pack?  I'm thinking capri length bottoms with pockets & a short sleeve top....  TIA.

I do what I do at home - old Tshirts.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Made the mistake of reading TJ's May Fearless Flyer -- now I am definitely going!

So I just HAD to take a look at the Flyer and ended up making a list! I just hope everything is in stock. Thanks, Cynthia, found some good “stuff”.

Kat, will ad the oatmeal bites to the list. Sounds good,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Of course it’s fashion. Haven’t we all just gone thru’  a period of time when it was ok to wear them all day?

I have 2 sets that I bought for travel. Pants, SS sleeve  top and a open front “jacket” that replaces a robe in case you need one. Pants and jacket are solid (same material) and top is a print so it could be worn  “out” if nobody looks too closely. I usually leave the jacket  at home but it has come in handy a few times. Don’t think it’s cotton but I have traveled with it year round  Got these sets at Costco a few years ago and pretty much save it for travel.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I bring silk long Johns for pjs. Warm in winter, cool in summer & pack into a sandwich bag!

• Like 1