for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Very few are wearing masks here. I am as I’m presurgical for my thumb. I’m not taking any chances prior. I have to have my thumb joint removed & cubital tunnel (elbow nerve) & carpal tunnel (wrist) nerve worked on. 

So, carpometacarpal (CMC) arthroplasty, carpal tunnel release, and either ulnar nerve release or transposition? Yep, I'm an ortho RN. I've had ulnar nerve transposition and didn't think it was a big deal, and was relieved to not have numb and tingly pinky and ring fingers.  Will you have a nerve block for your procedure?

• Like 1

Melody, best wishes on your surgery, I think you will find a big relief from pain after you heal.  

Kat, my husband put new filters in when we moved in this summer.  The former owner was a smoker and it took forever to get the odors out, so I can imagine what we might have had if he had not done so.  

My best friend from Indiana flew down for a week, we had a good time but I think she was a little disappointed in the weather.  We had a few days of sunshine with cooler temps but the last two days were the coldest with rain all day.  It is still cool today but the sun is out which makes a world of difference.  We have the possibility of a freeze Sunday morning with some parts of Florida under a hard freeze warning.  In the 11 years we have owned property down here, we have never seen temps at freezing or below.  Lois, I hope you are staying warm up there!

More people are wearing masks down here in public places than I saw back in December but every business I go into has their  employees wearing a mask.  Last week at Publix the checkout clerk thanked me for wearing my mask, she said it really irritated her to have customers without, especially if they were coughing.  Businesses are not allowed to require customers to wear masks in FL, can only “recommend.”

Going for a walk in a little bit so OOTD, at least for this morning, is long running tights, long sleeve shirt and a Burton hoodie.  Never thought I would be that bundled up down here!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Good morning,  Sherri, Sunday we are supposed to be down to 26 in the morning!!!!

I am taking my car in for the oil change/tire rotation this morning.......will do my walk this afternoon.

I normally walk every morning. 

Then next week I have 3 Drs appointments😲....they always come in bunches!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Awesome! & having it paid for, even better 🙂

Hopefully will be sunny & warm 🙂.   We're on Reflection in May... wonder if the ships will still be only partially filled by then?  It's kind of nice to have the extra space 

She’ll be in Europe then, TA is 18 April (we’re on just before TA)

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, I agree with Debbie😃 that is awesome---it is a freebee😃. Is this just you and hubby?

Hope you have a wonderful time!  

Just us, but meeting up with several friends which is always great

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

So, carpometacarpal (CMC) arthroplasty, carpal tunnel release, and either ulnar nerve release or transposition? Yep, I'm an ortho RN. I've had ulnar nerve transposition and didn't think it was a big deal, and was relieved to not have numb and tingly pinky and ring fingers.  Will you have a nerve block for your procedure?

LRTI with trapezoidectomy (maybe CMC) with ulnar release (maybe transposition). I’ll have nerve block & pain ball. No carpal tunnel showed on EMG, but they’ll check. This doc does all the Olympic Training Center. He opted out of this year’s Olympics (was asked to go). I had my right hand (dominant) done 15 years ago & needed left done then, it’s gotten progressively worse. Melody

• Like 2

Melody - good luck with the surgery.   Thank your ortho for opting out of the OWG.  

If I do not get rid of this cough (again), I may take to permanently wearing a mask!  I wear it now anyway when I go anywhere.  When I cough, people look at me like I'm COVID Karen...  

It seems to be a very cold winter pattern for the East.  The folks in West who want the pattern to get snow for the resorts are all nice and sunny - I'm sure some would like to change weather with you all back there!

OOTD:  Probably my jeans and a sweatshirt when I go out to the market.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, awhfy said:

LRTI with trapezoidectomy (maybe CMC) with ulnar release (maybe transposition). I’ll have nerve block & pain ball. No carpal tunnel showed on EMG, but they’ll check. This doc does all the Olympic Training Center. He opted out of this year’s Olympics (was asked to go). I had my right hand (dominant) done 15 years ago & needed left done then, it’s gotten progressively worse. Melody

My doc does most of the Carolina Hurricanes' hand surgeries--I work for the team's orthopaedic group. Good luck with your surgery. Do you have it scheduled yet or is is delayed by covid?

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

If I do not get rid of this cough (again), I may take to permanently wearing a mask!  I wear it now anyway when I go anywhere.  When I cough, people look at me like I'm COVID Karen...  

I've had a chronic cough due to chronic lung disease for over 10 years. Yeah, I get that look, especially now. Not to mention that I now double mask (fabric over surgical) in public for now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

My doc does most of the Carolina Hurricanes' hand surgeries--I work for the team's orthopaedic group. Good luck with your surgery. Do you have it scheduled yet or is is delayed by covid?

I've had a chronic cough due to chronic lung disease for over 10 years. Yeah, I get that look, especially now. Not to mention that I now double mask (fabric over surgical) in public for now.

I’m waiting for the appt. They have their own surgical center, small & easier to control. Hoping for next week or week after. This doc also does Air Force Academy, Colorado College, Colorado Avalanche (I can go on)

• Like 1

The cough was almost gone, but came back when "O" hit me.  Trying really hard to work my breathing exercises.  Just pi$$es me off.

Melody - Hope that the cruise is uneventful but you have a good time.  Hope the ship doesn't go "rogue" and bolt off to Bimini 😉

You're all going to get cold on the Left coast.  But it could be worse - you could be in Boston, where they might get 3 FEET of snow.  If it's sunny, bundle up and go outside and lounge - it's what I do.  You don't know cold until you have  single-digit temps and your furnace goes out and you can't get anyone to come out to fix it for 2 days 🙀

Another thing that is making me fume:  my ribs are killing me again.  I felt really good yesterday and didn't do anything that would have re-inflamed them.  But, I woke up in intense pain and coughing is excruciating.  The only thing I can think of is that I slept on my side with my fist under my ribs.  I had to call out "sick" until at least 3pm.  If I can move at all, I'll go in for 4 hours so no one has to do overtime.  I'll have to go in unwashed since there is no way I can do a shower.  At least I'll be the only one around the desk...

OOTD:  my lounging minidress for now.  If I go into work, jeans and a hoodie.  

• Like 2

Well, I didn't go to work.  But I think I know why my ribs & intercostal cartilage feel lousy again - I had a huge coughing spasm in the middle of the night.  I bet that messed them up again.  I know it can take weeks for this to heal as I did it once before years ago.  But, dang, it was going well.

OFT (outfit for tomorrow):  what I was going to wear today, jeans and a hoodie.  I may put up the hood on the hoodie so no one can see the look of misery on my face...

• Like 2

Good morning, Kat, sorry you are having these multiple health issues.......hope you start feeling better soon.

Well, it is 36 this morning and tonight/tomorrow is supposed to be the hard freeze........they keep saying low 20s........and it is windy. I can see trees from my living room and the branches are definitely swaying.

I am wearing a pair of grey/white/black camo colored joggers and a blue long sleeved pullover top.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, hope you feel better soon, actually sounds like you might have a touch of pneumonia, might want to get a doc appt 

I may.  The ribs are feeling better today (except when I cough, which isn't a lot).  I saw my PCP after we all had our "O" episodes the other week and my lungs were fine.   I always seem to have coughing issues in the winter - cold and low humidity outside and hot and very dry air inside.  Humidifier at home, but not here at the condos...

OOTD:  jeans and my white w/ little black stripes longsleeve Vneck T.  My French co-worker has on jeans and her white/black stripe shirt with bows on the sleeves.  We look like we called each other!!

• Like 1

Little picture of the dress I'd like.  Don't fret about the length.  She's 5'9" and wearing a Small.  I measured from shoulder down for 35" and it was maybe 2" above my knee, which if OK for me in the Summer.   It almost looks like seersucker, but it's just little striping. Saw that Nordstrom Rack carries this brand, but only had an orange serape stripe version of this in XXL.  I'll keep looking and hoping.  I was looking at the reviews and a large majority of the women were 57+ years old, so that's good for me.   It advertises the brand as "surf hippie" which is me, too.

image.png.7f76826b5dc40c414aed933c5a7df86d.png

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

Hi Kat, that would be cute as a summer tunic top too!🙂

I decided to go out for lunch today..........OMG.....the wind made it feel like it was below freezing😲

It has been seriously cold out!!!!!!!!!!........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Little picture of the dress I'd like.  Don't fret about the length.  She's 5'9" and wearing a Small.  I measured from shoulder down for 35" and it was maybe 2" above my knee, which if OK for me in the Summer.   It almost looks like seersucker, but it's just little striping. Saw that Nordstrom Rack carries this brand, but only had an orange serape stripe version of this in XXL.  I'll keep looking and hoping.  I was looking at the reviews and a large majority of the women were 57+ years old, so that's good for me.   It advertises the brand as "surf hippie" which is me, too.

image.png.7f76826b5dc40c414aed933c5a7df86d.png

Cute dress!!  What is the brand?

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

It is Faherty Brand.   It is called the Isha Dress.  It comes in a few colors and some are linen and some are cotton.  On the page for the dress, it says it's is 34.75" from the shoulder to the bottom.  I measured on myself and it isn't bad for me in the summer.  I saw it when I did a Google search for "white linen dresses" and I was drawn right to it, even being blue/white stripe.  The Indigo color is pretty sweet too.  There is also what looks like a short-sleeve version of it - the Gemina.  And, some of them are on sale on the website now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, that would be cute as a summer tunic top too!🙂

I decided to go out for lunch today..........OMG.....the wind made it feel like it was below freezing😲

It has been seriously cold out!!!!!!!!!!........

Yes, it would!  Multi-purpose is all for me!  

Sorry y'all are dealing with the temps.   The orange growers are going to have to light the heaters in the groves tonight!   Produce could take a hit with this - all you need is food prices going up again.

Weird thing happened to me today.  I was at work, hurting.   Then, I had what I call a "monster" coughing session, one that goes on and on and makes my arms hurt from hard the cough is.  Well, I have noticed that my ribs aren't hurting and the tip of my scapula doesn't hurt now for maybe 3 hours.  Maybe I had coughed something out of place the other night and now I coughed it back in place.  I've heard stranger things.  I'll see how it is tomorrow morning.  

Lois, stay warm 😉.  I don't know how you're dealing with those temps right now...  that would  be stay in & hibrinate weather for me...  good on you for going out to lunch 🙂

Kat, I love that dress!  I might see if Nordstrom Rack has it available to order online...  perfect for hot summer days 🙂.    Hope you continue to feel better & the lung stays pain free! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, stay warm 😉.  I don't know how you're dealing with those temps right now...  that would  be stay in & hibrinate weather for me...  good on you for going out to lunch 🙂

Kat, I love that dress!  I might see if Nordstrom Rack has it available to order online...  perfect for hot summer days 🙂.    Hope you continue to feel better & the lung stays pain free! 

That was online where I looked.  I'm going to keep looking for that dress in a color and size I want.

• Like 2

The cold kept me inside most of the day yesterday. That and the realization that my move is getting pretty close -- it's sort of like the "last push" to pack up and move things to the condo that I don't want the movers to get their paws on. 

Unfortunately DS has been quite closely exposed to COVID -- the friend he had dinner with on Thursday (and rode with to and from the restaurant, ~ an hour total in the car with no masks) tested positive for COVID yesterday. Oh dear....  DS went to get some tests and tested negative yesterday but too soon to celebrate.

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The cold kept me inside most of the day yesterday. That and the realization that my move is getting pretty close -- it's sort of like the "last push" to pack up and move things to the condo that I don't want the movers to get their paws on. 

Unfortunately DS has been quite closely exposed to COVID -- the friend he had dinner with on Thursday (and rode with to and from the restaurant, ~ an hour total in the car with no masks) tested positive for COVID yesterday. Oh dear....  DS went to get some tests and tested negative yesterday but too soon to celebrate.

My son's girlfriend had covid.  They live together.  He never became ill.