for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi girls, Sharon........I am healing........I guess there are good days and not so good, even with this type of surgery.  I feel like my right side has some soreness/pain more than my left.  I don't want to run to the Dr for it and I keep reminding myself tomorrow is only 2 weeks out from the surgery.

• Like 3

Debbie - yay on the sliders!  I cannot fathom gutting my kitchen and redoing it.  I'm always in awe of people who can take on such major tasks.  The condo will definitely be "yours" when you are all done!

That was a little bit of scare you all had at embarkation.  Being Florida and all,  they are on the lookout for "groomers."  Probably going to have to show proof of familial ties soon at The Mouse... 

I stayed low-key for my birthday. It was the 8th.  I went to work, played around on the work computer, came home. I didn't let anyone know at work, either.   I'll maybe pop another bottle of wine Sunday night when I finish work.  

I'm not sure if the new shoes will go with me - it depends on space.  The canal barges are just my style, I think.  Casual all day/night.  3 meals.  Wine, beer, liqour included.  No shows, games.  Leisurly pace.   The barge we have is the MS Anne-Marie.  Only holds 22 guests.  A friend is going a sail in Croatia - he and about 30 friends have chartered a sailing yacht.  It sounds good, too.  We'll compare notes.  

I fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to go to the market!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Cynthia, congrats on the closing and enjoy your cruise!  Are you done with renovations on your new place?  So far we have replaced all appliances, new water heater, shutters for windows, sliders, ceiling fans and lights, and new vanity/ fixtures in half bath.  We have signed a contact to completely tear out the old kitchen but work won’t begin until mid July.  

Thanks!  I did a lot before moving in, but of course now that I am here I see even more things that I want to do. Just as soon as I moved in, the condo association let me know that they are having a once-in-ten-year event replacing windows and balcony doors if needed. I talked to the former owner who recommended doing the windows -- the replacement ones are nicer.

I'm also putting in a custom stone fireplace surround/mantel, but still waiting on a delivery date. As you said, things are slow right now. And someday, someday.....I probably will get the kitchen redone too. 

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - yay on the sliders!  I cannot fathom gutting my kitchen and redoing it.  I'm always in awe of people who can take on such major tasks.  The condo will definitely be "yours" when you are all done!

That was a little bit of scare you all had at embarkation.  Being Florida and all,  they are on the lookout for "groomers."  Probably going to have to show proof of familial ties soon at The Mouse... 

I stayed low-key for my birthday. It was the 8th.  I went to work, played around on the work computer, came home. I didn't let anyone know at work, either.   I'll maybe pop another bottle of wine Sunday night when I finish work.  

I'm not sure if the new shoes will go with me - it depends on space.  The canal barges are just my style, I think.  Casual all day/night.  3 meals.  Wine, beer, liqour included.  No shows, games.  Leisurly pace.   The barge we have is the MS Anne-Marie.  Only holds 22 guests.  A friend is going a sail in Croatia - he and about 30 friends have chartered a sailing yacht.  It sounds good, too.  We'll compare notes.  

I fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to go to the market!!

Kat, this will be the 4 th time we have redone a kitchen, the last time, I said never again.  This will be our biggest as it is a total gut job.

And I think you are right about our embarkation.  According to the supervisor who cleared us, we had the appropriate documentation so I think the agent was exhibiting her personal bias against a same sex couple.   And I think that bias is currently being encouraged in our state.😞

The barge sounds really neat, should be a great trip!

Cynthia, once I get started making changes, it gets hard to stop!

Sherri🙂

7 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Kat, this will be the 4 th time we have redone a kitchen, the last time, I said never again.  This will be our biggest as it is a total gut job.

And I think you are right about our embarkation.  According to the supervisor who cleared us, we had the appropriate documentation so I think the agent was exhibiting her personal bias against a same sex couple.   And I think that bias is currently being encouraged in our state.😞

The barge sounds really neat, should be a great trip!

Cynthia, once I get started making changes, it gets hard to stop!

Sherri🙂

I don't think, I know that bias is being encouraged.  I mean, it's even part of the laws now...  Sad.  

I freaked out when I had to pick out kitchens for 2 houses I had built.  Major anxiety!!  So many types and colors of countertops, stain or paint for cabinets, type of doors for cabinets,  flooring, sinks, fixtures, knobs...It went on and on and on...and overbudget 🙀

Two more days of work...

Oh, CNN is saying Stanley Tucci will be back, starting May 1.  If I can get CNN+ working on my TV with my new Firestick, I can stream the old ones, too.  It wasn't starting up yesterday.  I have a new spiffy router, a new Firestick (put the old one in the bedroom), and a 5 year old smart TV.  It looked like it had buffering issues and connectivity issues.  I'll deal with it next week.

OOTD:  teal Athleta hoodie, my black wide leg yoga pants, my new Merrell shoes.  Really comfy, but after wearing my hi-tops all winter, they feel really stiff on the shank.  Trail runners are stiffer than regulars so I just have to get used to them again. 

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I don't think, I know that bias is being encouraged.  I mean, it's even part of the laws now...  Sad.  

I freaked out when I had to pick out kitchens for 2 houses I had built.  Major anxiety!!  So many types and colors of countertops, stain or paint for cabinets, type of doors for cabinets,  flooring, sinks, fixtures, knobs...It went on and on and on...and overbudget 🙀

Two more days of work...

Oh, CNN is saying Stanley Tucci will be back, starting May 1.  If I can get CNN+ working on my TV with my new Firestick, I can stream the old ones, too.  It wasn't starting up yesterday.  I have a new spiffy router, a new Firestick (put the old one in the bedroom), and a 5 year old smart TV.  It looked like it had buffering issues and connectivity issues.  I'll deal with it next week.

OOTD:  teal Athleta hoodie, my black wide leg yoga pants, my new Merrell shoes.  Really comfy, but after wearing my hi-tops all winter, they feel really stiff on the shank.  Trail runners are stiffer than regulars so I just have to get used to them again. 

Yup, I think the sunshine state is not so sunny any more!

This kitchen redo has (so far!) been a little easier than our other three as it is the first time we have used a kitchen design company.  I’ve always had major anxiety in picking everything out but they had put together some samples to  start with and that made it super easy!  We have everything picked out, just have to meet and approve final design plan on Monday, then we wait until stuff comes in.  

I am looking forward to the Stanley Tucci series, I really enjoyed the fist season.  Also looking forward to the next season of Stranger Things whenever that is released.  Oldest grandson is a huge fan of it, so I watch it, even though I am not a fan of science fiction, then we chat about it! 😂

OOTD: shorts, tshirt, no makeup.  Going for a long walk!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Oh, CNN is saying Stanley Tucci will be back, starting May 1.

Hmmm, that's the day I get back from my trip. But CNN will re-run it I'm sure.

I am doing my final packing this morning and leave for the airport mid-afternoon!!!!  ✈️  Four days in London and then my cruise.

(And I probably won't post much or at all while I'm gone. I just get wrapped up in doing things and the internet on board is never stellar....)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am doing my final packing this morning and leave for the airport mid-afternoon!!!!  ✈️  Four days in London and then my cruise.

(And I probably won't post much or at all while I'm gone. I just get wrapped up in doing things and the internet on board is never stellar....)

Good morning, I didn't realize you are flying out today.........wishing you a wonderful trip🙂 smooth sailing and fair seas.

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Safe travels!!!!

You can probably see it on CNN+ streaming, too.  That's where you can find season 1.

Cynthia, wishing you a fantastic trip and looking forward to reading the details when you return.

Sherri, the way your family was treated during check in was absolutely  awful. It’s hard to believe that something like this could happen, especially in front of your grandson. I hope this employee has been reprimanded and told to leave their biases at home. I’m glad to hear that the rest of your cruise was so enjoyable and that you have lots of happy memories.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience remodeling kitchens which is invaluable. Hiring a designer is a really good idea and together with your experience will result in the perfect kitchen.

Lois, yes, 2 weeks post op isn’t long. I hate to mention this but it seems that those of us of over a “certain age” just have deal with longer healing times-no matter the reason.

Kat, happy belated birthday wishes. I hope the year ahead will be your best ever. 

We got our second boosters yesterday. I wasn’t feeling that great when I went to bed and then I woke up about 2 AM with chills and aching everywhere. Took some Tylenol and once it kicked in, felt better. Today has been a day to nap on the sofa-just don’t  have much energy. I had no reaction from the original 2 doses, some chills and tiredness with the first booster and now this with the second booster! Feeling better now that I slept most of the day. Wonder if I will be able to sleep tonight? 

Thursday’s visit to a local museum was really enjoyable. The Ansel Adams exhibit was amazing. 2 of his cameras were on display including his first one, a Kodak Brownie. If you aren’t familiar with his work, he is considered a local artist here in Central CA as his photos are mostly of the Sierras, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and the coast. The Andy Warhol exhibit was also interesting. I connect him to Campbell soup cans and Marilyn Monroe and while those were on display, his subjects cover a large variety of subjects and styles.

Wishing all those who celebrate Easter and Passover an enjoyable celebration. I guess it is unusual  for both to fall on the same week end?

Sharon

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, wishing you a fantastic trip and looking forward to reading the details when you return.

Sherri, the way your family was treated during check in was absolutely  awful. It’s hard to believe that something like this could happen, especially in front of your grandson. I hope this employee has been reprimanded and told to leave their biases at home. I’m glad to hear that the rest of your cruise was so enjoyable and that you have lots of happy memories.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience remodeling kitchens which is invaluable. Hiring a designer is a really good idea and together with your experience will result in the perfect kitchen.

Lois, yes, 2 weeks post op isn’t long. I hate to mention this but it seems that those of us of over a “certain age” just have deal with longer healing times-no matter the reason.

Kat, happy belated birthday wishes. I hope the year ahead will be your best ever. 

We got our second boosters yesterday. I wasn’t feeling that great when I went to bed and then I woke up about 2 AM with chills and aching everywhere. Took some Tylenol and once it kicked in, felt better. Today has been a day to nap on the sofa-just don’t  have much energy. I had no reaction from the original 2 doses, some chills and tiredness with the first booster and now this with the second booster! Feeling better now that I slept most of the day. Wonder if I will be able to sleep tonight? 

Thursday’s visit to a local museum was really enjoyable. The Ansel Adams exhibit was amazing. 2 of his cameras were on display including his first one, a Kodak Brownie. If you aren’t familiar with his work, he is considered a local artist here in Central CA as his photos are mostly of the Sierras, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and the coast. The Andy Warhol exhibit was also interesting. I connect him to Campbell soup cans and Marilyn Monroe and while those were on display, his subjects cover a large variety of subjects and styles.

Wishing all those who celebrate Easter and Passover an enjoyable celebration. I guess it is unusual  for both to fall on the same week end?

Sharon

I think we were all a little shocked at the attitude of the agent, one of the things I have struggled with as the mother of a gay son is hearing the comments people  make and knowing there are some who wouldn’t hesitate to hurt him but over the years, I think we have all gotten usd to dealing with it. As far as the agent is concerned, the supervisor assured us this would be dealt with.  Once we were on the ship, everything was good!

We also got our 4 th shot about 2 weeks ago.  As with the other three, my husband had nothing.  I was like you, Sharon, not much with the first two other than feeling a little tired, a little bit more with the third, but this last one really kicked my butt.  Did not want to get out of bed the next morning due to every muscle in my body aching and a slight fever.  Lasted about 24 hours.  I hope there is no more needed,😂

I’ve always admired the Ansley Adams photographs, sounds like a good exhibit! 

Sherri🙂

On 4/14/2022 at 8:56 PM, slidergirl said:

Happy birthday! Mine was the 11th and was so low-key at work that I took the day off. Hubby and I did yard work and went out for lunch. His birthday is the 5th, so double celebration for us.

• Like 2

Hi girls, Sharon, thanks for the reply about age/recovery time........I feel like I was doing better a week ago...........WEIRD..........😲.  Maybe I am getting old. It is like on my lower right side---just not feeling so good.......and my left side is just fine.

My bil is here for a couple of weeks on business and we had lunch yesterday. What if I told you by the time we finished eating I just wanted to come home and lay down? 

And I needed a pain pill last night again.........☹️

Last day of work!!!  I'm the opener and the closer today.  The big, big boss did stop by today - he always drops by on one of the last days.  His main objective today was to park here at the condos to go out the back door for last day of skiing.  My French co-worker comes in at 11 today.  She works here until 2, goes next door and works until 7.  She leaves tomorrow morning to fly to Paris/train to Nantes to see her parents.  Ah, to be young - I'd never be able to work a full day and then get up to catch a flight tomorrow in the AM - SLC-LAX-AMS-ORY, then train to Nantes.  That first flight is either 6am or 8am - ugh for her...

tomorrow is my 2 year followup on my eye.  No biggie, except I still get a feeling like there is a piece of glass under it from time to time.  The place where the retina was fixed is fine.   I may be drinking heavily tonight to celebrate end of work since my appt. isn't until 2pm!!

OOTD:  my railroad strip overalls, white long-sleeve T, my hi-tops.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Sharon, thanks for the reply about age/recovery time........I feel like I was doing better a week ago...........WEIRD..........😲.  Maybe I am getting old. It is like on my lower right side---just not feeling so good.......and my left side is just fine.

My bil is here for a couple of weeks on business and we had lunch yesterday. What if I told you by the time we finished eating I just wanted to come home and lay down? 

Might be a good idea to give your doctor a call tomorrow, Lois.  

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

Hi Sherri, I was thinking the same thing.....weird thing is I just saw her on April 11th........but if it is the same pain overnight  I will call the office in the morning. Problem is, she is subbing for another Dr tomorrow at another facility😲.....but I will call her nurse too. She is very nice as well.

On 4/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Sharon........I am healing........I guess there are good days and not so good, even with this type of surgery.  I feel like my right side has some soreness/pain more than my left.  I don't want to run to the Dr for it and I keep reminding myself tomorrow is only 2 weeks out from the surgery.

Hi Lois, glad to hear you are healing, even if it's slowly 🙂.   

On 4/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, sjb317 said:

I think we were all a little shocked at the attitude of the agent, one of the things I have struggled with as the mother of a gay son is hearing the comments people  make and knowing there are some who wouldn’t hesitate to hurt him but over the years, I think we have all gotten usd to dealing with it. As far as the agent is concerned, the supervisor assured us this would be dealt with.  Once we were on the ship, everything was good!

We also got our 4 th shot about 2 weeks ago.  As with the other three, my husband had nothing.  I was like you, Sharon, not much with the first two other than feeling a little tired, a little bit more with the third, but this last one really kicked my butt.  Did not want to get out of bed the next morning due to every muscle in my body aching and a slight fever.  Lasted about 24 hours.  I hope there is no more needed,😂

I’ve always admired the Ansley Adams photographs, sounds like a good exhibit! 

Sherri🙂

Sherri, I can only imagine what you and your family have dealt with raising your son.  Why can’t we all just be kind to one another and show our children how to treat others with kindness? 

Yes, my reaction lasted about 24 hours and really not that bad compared to actually getting Covid.  I do wonder what will happen if we continue to need boosters every 4+ months. If that is the case, I guess we will need to make sure we allow for recovery time when we schedule a booster.

Sharon

On 4/16/2022 at 6:35 PM, PurpleHays said:

Happy birthday! Mine was the 11th and was so low-key at work that I took the day off. Hubby and I did yard work and went out for lunch. His birthday is the 5th, so double celebration for us.

Happy belated birthday wishes to you and DH. 2 birthdays  in our family are on April 11 also.

Sharon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois, I agree with the others who have suggested that you check in with your doctor. Her reassurance that it’s all normal will give you some peace of mind.