for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, Oh, I would never want anyone to be stalked😮☹️......that is the last thing I was 

thinking about.  We can take a pass and just wish each other a Happy Holiday on here.........

That was such a nice idea, Lois! It would be fun to be able to see each other and hear voices but I can understand being leery of it.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone,

Kat, I too agree with Melody and Lois-you sound very upbeat about returning to work. It’s evident that you are looking forward to it. Wishing you the best.

Lois, your Zoom idea would be a lot of fun. We Zoom with family frequently and although  I have never set up a meeting, (DIL takes care of it using her work account)  I do know that the platform uses email addresses to “invite“ participants to join a meeting.That might be what Cynthia was concerned about because there doesn’t seem to be a secure way to exchange email addresses using this forum. It is so kind of you to suggest this knowing that some of us won’t be with family this year. You are right, we can still use this forum to get in touch and send our good wishes on Thursday.

I, for one , when thinking of what I am thankful for, will include this thread and all of you, all that we have “talked” about and the support we have given to one another. 

Good idea about cooking a turkey breast.there seems to be lots of good ideas for left overs. You are fortunate to have restaurants offering traditional meals. We considered that but our choices this year didn’t seem to be that many and a few only offered meals for 4 or mor people. So I picked up Trader Joe’s turkey tenderloin with stuffing, their frozen, mashed sweet potatoes, vegetables, gravy and cranberry sauce. I usually make all of those from scratch but this year, the oven and micro will be doing most of the work. I’ll make a green salad and that’s it! My neighbor said she was cooking her usual dishes but could be happy with a good turkey sandwich and a glass of wine this year! 

Zooming with family in a little while. Our movie for discussion is Challenger, The Last Flight. Not really a movie but a 4 part documentary. While I remember that tragedy, I had no idea of the details and cause. 

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, Oh, I would never want anyone to be stalked😮☹️......that is the last thing I was 

thinking about.  We can take a pass and just wish each other a Happy Holiday on here.........

No worries, and I didn't want to discourage others from doing it as it sounds like fun. 

Hi, I have never even used Zoom before so have no clue how to set it up........

Sharon, not sure what I am going to do........probably need to decide tomorrow LOL........I can

go to the grocery store in the morning and maybe it won't be too crowded. 

I have to agree, I am thankful for all of you on this thread🙂

• Like 1

Hi all!

I am looking forward to work.  I do like to interact with my owners and guests.  For awhile, we'll just be hanging around and catching up on what everyone did since March.  Working at condos is actually pretty easy - far easier than any hotel Front Desk I did.  I'm just hoping that I have the energy and strength to work!  I'm gradually getting there, but I still have some vertigo issues.   On a good note, my recalcitrant eye is behaving.  With the prednisone and Valtrex again, all the leftover red veins have gone away, the glass shard feeling is gone and the fuzziness is slowly dissipating.  With this and the fact that COVID didn't kill me, I definitely have something to be thankful for on Thursday!  

Sharon - I wanted that turkey from TJ's, but all they had was the faux turkey roll.  I had the turkey roll last year and it was really good.  I at least got my corn pudding and sweet potato mash that I had last year.  My turkey breast from Pig of the Month BBQ showed up yesterday.  OMG!!!  It's HUGE!  8 lbs!!!  I can feed the neighborhood with it!  I'd love to see the whole bird it came from.  Maybe I should have gone with a batch of their turkey legs and wings instead.    Question:  it comes frozen, so it's thawing in the fridge.  Since it's smoked, its "ready to eat" once it's reheated.  Can I re-freeze half of that thing for Christmas?  Or is it not a good idea to re-freeze something that has thawed?  Shows you how much I know...

Yes, I did 3 full loads of laundry yesterday.  I hang all my stuff except undies and sleep shirts.  So, I've got things hanging all over the place.  OOTD for tomorrow: my new Athleta Moto leggings, my Athleta Camo Tshirt, and my new light grey-colored Athleta Pranayama Wrap Sweater.  I can take off the wrap if I start getting too hot.  Footwear will be the the trusty Teva booties I got last year.  I did just buy a pair of Sorel booties yesterday, but they won't be here until Friday.  Then, I'll have a choice of tan Tevas or black Sorels.

Why can everyone else write short notes and I write novels every time????    Just so you know - I'll most likely be coming here after work, so  it'll be evening novels.  

Kat, you say it’s smoked, could you cut it (or see if a grocer could cut it for you?  I wouldn’t refreeze thawed uncooked meat. Now, you could cook it & then refreeze it.  That must’ve been a good sized bird

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

OOTD for tomorrow: my new Athleta Moto leggings, my Athleta Camo Tshirt, and my new light grey-colored Athleta Pranayama Wrap Sweater.  I can take off the wrap if I start getting too hot.  

Uh, have you been in my closet? I have the same light grey wrap and the blue camo shirt. I don't thave the moto leggings yet.

• Like 1

Good morning, well, I went to Publix and bought a Butterball bone in turkey breast.  Now I almost

wish I hadn't but I will go ahead and roast it and hopefully it will taste good🙂....I bought 2

medium sized onions......I will cut them up and stuff them into into the cavity. They should give

it great flavor.   I got 2 sweet potatoes.....I will bake them and then mash them up.  I got a 

small order of pre-made green been casserole too.  Oh, I have a couple of fresh lemons in

the fridge and will put them in along with the onions.  This breast is just over 4.5 lbs......yes,

a lot for 1 person but I couldn't find one smaller.  I will just slice it up and have plenty leftover.

And I was bad and got myself I mini apple pie from the bakery....figured I am allowed a small

treat!

• Like 4

On 11/22/2020 at 6:24 PM, PurpleHays said:

Uh, have you been in my closet? I have the same light grey wrap and the blue camo shirt. I don't thave the moto leggings yet.

A few of us same this same wardrobe!  

I successfully made it through my first day!  I'm really tired now.  Tile guys were working on our lobby tile, so we had no chairs.  It was back to standing all day like I did at the old hotels.  I surprised myself by actually remembering passwords for my accounts.  Did very little work, as there aren't that many owners here right now.  We all caught up on what we did over the Summer.  We were trying to figure out how to do some things for our guests post-COVID now that we have to worry about contact.   I was dressed more "formal" than any one else!!!!  I had to laugh at that.  

Early to bed tonight.  More leggings & Tshirts tomorrow.   Later!

• Like 3

Today is my holiday baking day. I’m making cranberry orange bread & blueberry bread. I take a loaf (or this year Les will take) of each to our neighbors (2 widowers & one young couple with a baby). Then I’ll make pies (2 to take to Salvation Army & 1 for here for Thanksgiving. Salvation sent out a plea for pies, they have enough turkeys & sides, this year they need pies. That’ll be enough standing for me. 

it’s a different holiday this year for many. Enjoy yours, no matter where or with whom. Melody

70E2E1F8-0C19-4014-9F22-BBE9F27A0F5D.jpeg

• Like 3

Yay, I have the next three days off, plus the weekend. (Of course, there ARE those two pesky meetings I have to attend today, and one tomorrow, but in the scheme of things, why complain....)

Neither my son nor I are pie people, so I ordered some sticky toffee pudding from a gourmet store, ready to heat, assemble and eat. (For those unfamiliar, sticky toffee pudding is a great, rich, sticky, caramel-y British dessert: 

image.jpeg.dcb84ee2825d18096cbec9ebd069e1c6.jpeg

We're going to try one of those Trader Joe turkey breast roulades en croute (not the meatless variety), so that will be interesting. We have always done a traditional turkey except for the one year we tried a terducken (awful).

Today my main plan is to pick up and clean the house!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yay, I have the next three days off, plus the weekend. (Of course, there ARE those two pesky meetings I have to attend today, and one tomorrow, but in the scheme of things, why complain....)

Neither my son nor I are pie people, so I ordered some sticky toffee pudding from a gourmet store, ready to heat, assemble and eat. (For those unfamiliar, sticky toffee pudding is a great, rich, sticky, caramel-y British dessert: 

image.jpeg.dcb84ee2825d18096cbec9ebd069e1c6.jpeg

We're going to try one of those Trader Joe turkey breast roulades en croute (not the meatless variety), so that will be interesting. We have always done a traditional turkey except for the one year we tried a terducken (awful).

Today my main plan is to pick up and clean the house!  

Good morning Cynthia......that dessert looks delicious!  I must admit I do love a good apple

pie.  I decided to buy a mini one from the Publix bakery.

Well, today is the 1 year anniversary from my lumpectomy........it has been quite a year,

that is for sure. 

I will wish all of you a real Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.........🙂

• Like 2

Good Morning,

Kat, glad that your first day was a good one. It must have felt somewhat normal to be there-well except for Covid precautions.

Lois, your plan to roast a turkey breast with lemon and onion should give it a lot of flavor. I think that a bone in breast has more flavor than boneless. The size will give you left over options and isn’t as much as it looks since the carcass is included.

Melody, hope your day of baking went well. It all sounded yummy. How is your foot doing?

Cynthia, I too am doing that TJ turkey/stuffing in a crust this year. Your mention of it reminded me that i need to defrost it in the frig today. The dessert sounds yummy. . 

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon,  I forgot.......I bought some fresh garlic too (already peeled) so I will throw a few of those cloves in there as well and I agree, the bone gives it more flavor🙂

I keep watching the news and see all these millions of folks who are flying and I really have to

wonder what the country is going to look like in about 3 weeks.  I think the virus will get way,

way worse (unfortunately).☹️

Hi all!

I've survived 3 days of work.  We're slow enough that my co-worker and I have been able to take off early so that has been nice.  Boss said we both don't need to be there the next 2 days since we're slow, so I'm taking off tomorrow and Cait is taking Friday.  We've just had a lot of construction/electrical/decorating people in this week.  We pick up next weekend, when the ski resort opens up.  Again, in leggings and a Tshirt, I was still the best dressed!  I think Friday I'll wear my Athleta camo joggers!  

So, tomorrow is the first Thanksgiving I've had off in years.  At least I can do my turkey breast tomorrow instead of Sunday.  I picked up a slice of pumpkin pie from Whole Foods - any larger would have been a bad idea - I'd eat it all!!

Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 1

Good morning friends,  on this 26th day....Nov 2020 I want to say I am very thankful for all

of you. Thank you for the words of encouragement during all my health issues and for the 

real friendships I think we have on here.  I hope next year will be much better for all of us

but wanting to just say THANK YOU.

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving | Homeland Security

• Like 4

I, too, want to say that I am thankful for this thread you all have created. Reading your thoughts and happenings has gotten me through some gray days and I appreciate all of you for sharing your lives. ❤️

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

Hi Sherri,   I just finished making a sweet potato casserole and it is in the frig......I made my

own recipe.  I had 2 good size potatoes and cut them up and boiled them. (Made them easier

to peel and mash).....drained and then I added butter, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and some honey and mixed it all up.

The only nuts I have in the pantry are pistachios so I chopped some

of them up and sprinkled on top.  I put everything in a small casserole dish

and can re-heat it in the microwave since the potatoes are already cooked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri,   I just finished making a sweet potato casserole and it is in the frig......I made my

own recipe.  I had 2 good size potatoes and cut them up and boiled them. (Made them easier

to peel and mash).....drained and then I added butter, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and some honey and mixed it all up.

The only nuts I have in the pantry are pistachios so I chopped some

of them up and sprinkled on top.  I put everything in a small casserole dish

and can re-heat it in the microwave since the potatoes are already cooked.

That sounds good and very similar to a recipe that I have made for years.  I like your idea of using pistachios.   Mine is sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, brown sugar and pecans, more butter. 😂  Not very healthy for sure but very good and only once a year! I am also roasting a turkey and trying to recreate the dressing (stuffing) my mom always made.  Also roasting brussel sprouts.  And something white in the wine department.

My job at family TG’s was baking pies as I’ve always been really good at that.  This year however, I decided to just buy a pumpkin pie at the Green Turtle Market. It looks really good😀 And no baking mess!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

That sounds good and very similar to a recipe that I have made for years.  I like your idea of using pistachios.   Mine is sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, brown sugar and pecans, more butter. 😂  Not very healthy for sure but very good and only once a year! I am also roasting a turkey and trying to recreate the dressing (stuffing) my mom always made.  Also roasting brussel sprouts.  And something white in the wine department.

My job at family TG’s was baking pies as I’ve always been really good at that.  This year however, I decided to just buy a pumpkin pie at the Green Turtle Market. It looks really good😀 And no baking mess!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, I didn't put any eggs or sugar in my casserole.....used a little bit of honey though.

As for stuffing, I used Stove Top.   The best I have ever had was my Mom's and I have never

even tried to make it.  Hers was from scratch with  a full loaf of bread that she let get stale.

Might sound odd but it was sooooooooo good........I can't remember ever having any as 

good. She put lots of onions, celery and mushrooms in it.  She has been gone for many years

and I still miss her turkey and stuffing.

• Like 1

Echoing all the Thanksgiving posts before mine. It is evident that this thread started by Kat because of Covid has resulted in friendships that most likely never would have happened otherwise. As Sherri said, it has helped all of us to get thru some dark days. Lois and Melody also expresses similar sentiments. 

Wishing everyone a peaceful, happy day and thanking all for your friendship. 
Sharon

• Like 3