for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Melody, I hope your dr appointment goes as you hope. Just can’t be fun for you right now. 6 degrees-brrrr! 

Sherri, I’m so sorry about your niece. I too am speechless but your sister’s behavior is, unfortunately, like that of many others. Here in CA our gov has put many restrictions in place but there are those who strongly disagree. However, most wear masks where required. As for gatherings, that’s a different matter and I am guessing there will be a lot of those happening to celebrate the holidays. I hope your dad stays well.

Lois,  right now stores have a low capacity limit so lines form during the busier hours. Last night we picked up to “go food” and passed a Bath and Body Works that had several people lined up waiting to enter. It was dark and raining! (YES we finally got some rain in our part of CA). 

BTW, I’m so glad that all your tests came out ok and that you are feeling much better. That is something to celebrate for sure!
Sharon

Thanks for the kind words!  My sister said that Whitney seems a little better today so making slow progress.  My sister is not feeling well, though, she and her husband were tested yesterday but will not have results for 3-5 days. 

Melody, thanks for not sharing pictures!😂. Glad you are feeling well with all of these procedures happening so close together.

I was watching videos of the first nurses and doctors getting the vaccine, it made me very hopeful that 2021, at least the second half, will be a better year.  And Debbie (cruise kitty) you should be very proud of the part you and your family played in their development.  We should all be very grateful to all of the volunteers in this process.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, awhfy said:

Glad you like your Chaco boots, I have a pair of Borealis wrapped for Christmas (hoping my foot will be able to be in a real boot by then. 

which Borealis did you get?  Mine are the ones that look like boiled wool.  Still lovin' them!  Used them today in yucky snow and they were just fine.  Hey - I have xrays of my leg & ankle pre-surgery and then after 2 of the screws taken out.  I have the screws in a jar someplace...

Sherri - If I can give a little advice as someone who went through COVID for your niece...

Pedialyte.  It is far better than just water for her.  

Buy a oximeter.  Doesn't cost much.  Walgreens/CVS or even Amazon.  Use it to monitor her pulse ox level.  If it gets below 94, call the doctor.  If it gets to 92 or lower, go to the ER.  This is how most are getting done - not admitted, but told to go home until you can't breathe.  If she will take Vitamin C, D, Zinc, it helps.  Tylenol *NOT ADVIL/MOTRIN* for the fever.  I'll keep her in my thoughts.  

OOTD: another pair of black leggings with my Boden embroidered Sweatshirt.  It doesn't look like a sweatshirt, so it's good.  All sorts of flowers embroidered on the front and back bodice.  My hair was a static mess!!!  I had "Bounce'd" it before I left the house.  But, it didn't last.  Even trying to keep it behind my ears didn't help.  Oh well.  Everyone else is walking around with "helmet hair" or "beanie hair", so none of look very good.

• Like 2

Good morning girls,  Hey Kat, your advice is excellent about the steps for Sherri's niece but

from the sound of it, I don't know if her sister will take it.  Sherri is here in Florida and her 

sister and niece are in Indiana..........

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

My hair was a static mess!!!  I had "Bounce'd" it before I left the house.  But, it didn't last.  Even trying to keep it behind my ears didn't help.  Oh well.  Everyone else is walking around with "helmet hair" or "beanie hair", so none of look very good.

For hair static: I lightly spray my hairbrush with Static Guard and let the brush dry most all the way, then brush my hair. Can be used on combs too. You might have to experiment how moist or dry your brush needs to be to work in your climate or with your hair. I do not spray it directly on my hair though as I don’t want/need any further product on my hair other than those needed for initial styling. I only have to periodically apply the Static Guard to my brush.

When I don’t feel like spraying my brush, I go on and brush or comb my hair then tame the static flyaways with a light spritz of hairspray and use the palm of my hand to corral the staticky hairs.

Also, using the Static Guard spray inside my winter hats (let them fully dry before wearing) keeps a hat from creating static. The application lasts a long time so just reapply when you notice static again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  Hey Kat, your advice is excellent about the steps for Sherri's niece but

from the sound of it, I don't know if her sister will take it.  Sherri is here in Florida and her 

sister and niece are in Indiana..........

Sounds like you have met my sister😂😂

Kat, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately, my sister is very resistant to any advice I might try to give her.  And, it is very difficult to get Whitney to cooperate even when she is healthy let alone sick.  But, thanks!

OOTD: gym shorts and old tshirt and my new Adidas.  With all of the walking I’ve been doing, I wore my old pair out!  Tuesday is our Support Local Restaurants Night Out so we will be going somewhere with outdoor seating.  I will wear capris and a Gap tshirt, probably long sleeve.  And I will wear earrings and a little makeup😂

Have a good day!

Sherri🙂

Kat, same Borealis that you have, good to know they work well. 

just back from 3D mammogram, not fun on a cod day   Brrrrrr

tomorrow is retina exam & that’s it for doc appts this year (except stitch removal on 22nd.). Melody

A6A25785-2004-4A73-9038-79A73A199D60.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Sherri, I seriously hope your niece will be ok.  Many of the after effects of this virus can

last for a very long time. There are many "Long Haulers" as they are now called.......

Melody, hope your Mammogram comes out all good too!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, same Borealis that you have, good to know they work well. 

just back from 3D mammogram, not fun on a cod day   Brrrrrr

tomorrow is retina exam & that’s it for doc appts this year (except stitch removal on 22nd.). Melody

A6A25785-2004-4A73-9038-79A73A199D60.jpeg

Do you realize how many of the same outfits we could wear???????

Being at work is helping me cure my Prime/Woolx/Sweaty Betty/Cotopaxi problems!   (Don't tell anyone, but I'm on the computer at work right now - I have to hang out for 45 more minutes)

OOTD: yes, black leggings, my pale blue Athleta hoodie sweater from about 4 years ago, my oh-so-comfy Chaco booties and a new mask from Cotopaxi (my new favorite).  

• Haha 1

Hi all, a lurker here. 
up here in BC, Canada, we just got the vaccine and the first person to get it is a person who works in a long term care facility.

in our province, they are hoping the majority of us will be vaccinated by next March. Voluntary choice.

to all of you, May you all stay safe and healthy.

• Like 2

Hi, another lurker here.

Christmas card 2020

T’was a Month Before Christmas 2020☃️🎄

T’was a month before Christmas,

And all through the town,

People wore masks,

That covered their frown.

The frown had begun

Way back in the Spring,

When a global pandemic

Changed everything.

They called it corona,

But unlike the beer,

It didn’t bring good times,

It didn’t bring cheer.

Contagious and deadly,

This virus spread fast,

Like a wildfire that starts

When fueled by gas.

Airplanes were grounded,

Travel was banned.

Borders were closed

Across air, sea and land.

As the world entered lockdown

To flatten the curve,

The economy halted,

And folks lost their nerve.

From March to July

We rode the first wave,

People stayed home,

They tried to behave.

When summer emerged

The lockdown was lifted.

But away from caution,

Many folks drifted.

Now it’s November

And cases are spiking,

Wave two has arrived,

Much to our disliking.

Frontline workers,

Doctors and nurses,

Try to save people,

From riding in hearses.

This virus is awful,

This COVID-19.

There isn’t a cure.

There is no vaccine.

It’s true that this year

Has had sadness a plenty,

We’ll never forget

The year 2020.

And just ‘round the corner -

The holiday season,

But why be merry?

Is there even one reason?

To decorate the house

And put up the tree,

When no one will see it,

No-one but me.

But outside my window

The snow gently falls,

And I think to myself,

Let’s deck the halls!

So, I gather the ribbon,

The garland and bows,

As I play those old carols,

My happiness grows.

Christmas ain’t cancelled

And neither is hope.

If we lean on each other,

I know we can cope.

❤️❤️

Author unknown

--

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruzisme said:

Hi all, a lurker here. 
up here in BC, Canada, we just got the vaccine and the first person to get it is a person who works in a long term care facility.

in our province, they are hoping the majority of us will be vaccinated by next March. Voluntary choice.

to all of you, May you all stay safe and healthy.

Welcome cruzisme!  Voices from above the Northern Border are always welcome.
Our discussions run the gamut.  Feel free to jump in.  Where are you at in BC?  It's a beautiful province.  Drove the Trans Can from Calgary to Vancouver.  Spent time in Kelowna.  Was up at Whistler when they were just starting to build the bobsled/skeleton/luge track.  Used to work with the track manager down here in Utah.  

Welcome Novice99!!!  You are from one of my favorite places - Alberta!  Was 2 months away from having a vacation home in Canmore.  I still have friends living in Calgary and Red Deer that I met from my time in bobsled and skeleton (as an official).  

Welcome to our Northern neighbors!  Jump into the conversations. Thanks for the poem!!

Kat, we do have quite a few of the same outfits...wonder if it due to our Utah/Colorado lifestyles.  Sierra Trading Post has the tall Chaco Borealis boots for $79-89 today. Melody

Edited by awhfy

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Welcome to our Northern neighbors!  Jump into the conversations. Thanks for the poem!!

Kat, we do have quite a few of the same outfits...wonder if it due to our Utah/Colorado lifestyles.  Sierra Trading Post has the tall Chaco Borealis boots for $79-89 today. Melody

Could very well be.  For me, the "mountain" lifestyle is one where fashion is more of function and utility.  Need a winter coat?  Get a Patagonia.  Need boots?  Sorel.  You can go anywhere in a pair of jeans.  Lately, everyone runs around in leggings.   When we do need to buy things, we will spend a little more to get those things of quality - why we buy Athleta, Lululemon, Chaco, Sorel, North Face, Duluth Trading.  And, we'll keep wearing them for years until they wear out.  

A day off in advance of our little snow front.  Definitely NOT like what everyone in the East is dealing with.  We may get 5-8 inches.  We were supposed to get that much on Monday but it didn't happen, just an inch or so.  You all back East - stay in, relax and stay safe!!

OOTD: not sure yet.  Sitting here in my fleece hoody lounger, trying to decide if I'm going down the canyon to Trader Joe's or hanging up here and just hitting Whole Foods.  

• Like 1

Good morning!  nice to see our little CC fam growing!   Welcome Novice99 & Cruizisme!  

Melody, woo hoo on getting pins out!  does this mean no more boot?  I hope so, & hopefully no more foot surgeries :)

Sherri, I hope your niece turns out ok, Lois is right good advice, but it stinks when family won't listen. 

It's a beautiful clear day here. :)  Yesterday I put up a tiny tree on our upper patio...It's a bit of a charlie brown tree, one of the last left in the lot, but I love it :)  We have a fake tree inside cause, cats, but the outside one is real, makes me happy to see it.   I think I will do my "work from home" up there today.  

IMG_2767.thumb.JPG.a2ae0f0507b2dd949ba5ccc7c3af3576.JPG

• Like 2

I ended up doing a quick trip down the canyon to TJ's after all.  I really wanted to get the bacon-wrapped porcetta roast.  I had it last year.  Really good.  Ended up with some more things (of course).  I didn't have a "oh crap" moment at the register, so that was good.  I didn't have to wait very long to get into the store.  Crew was busy trying to keep things stocked.  I had to really restrain myself to not get one of the Almond Kringles - always one of my faves but soooooo bad for my blood sugar.  

OOTD:  I went with my Lululemon camo leggings, my Woolx hoodie, my striped Fit socks (they show because my leggings are 7/8 length, not full), and my Chacos.  Topped it off with my Cotopaxi mask.  

Note to our Canadians:  A friend in Calgary introduced me to Lululemon.  It was there before it was down here where I live.  If you get to Calgary, try Big T's BBQ.  Woman-owned and really good 'Q.  I need to have the border opened so I can make a trip!!!

• Like 1

Hi friends, I know the NE is supposed to be having ALOT of snow over the next few days.

Anyone up there who is on here......be safe.   Today it rained here for almost the entire day.

I have been in a pair of purple sweat pants and a black top all day.  I am cooking some Chili

right now.  I think the high here was about 50 today but the rain made it feel really yukky!

Yesterday I had lunch with a good friend and I had planned to treat her but she paid instead.

I did bring her a Christmas present too so it was kind of a swap.  Anyway, I had the most 

delicious Seafood Fritatta........it had crab and shrimp in it, along with spinach and goat cheese.

It was soooooo good!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

That sounds fabulous!!

It was fabulous👍.  The place we went to is fantastic......a locally owned establishment called

"The Wine Cellar".  They have been in business going back to the 1970s!  Food and service

are awesome. It has a great menu and yes, there are ALOT of wine choices!

• Like 2

Thank you for the warm welcome.

One of our sons lives in Calgary and going there we drive through Red Deer.  Until last year we had an RV and travelled the Icefields Parkway countless times often coming through Canmore.   We also came through there on our many trips to beautiful Vancouver Island.   

Gisela

• Like 1