for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Happy Thanksgiving to all in our little community here, whether you are American or not. While the year has not unfolded as we planned, we are all still here and keeping sane and healthy.  I always enjoy this thread, from suggestions for masks (I finally ordered the Johnny Was cotton ones and I like them) to what to buy at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and how to manage a contact-free Halloween, there is always something to learn and talk about here!

We eat our Thanksgiving meal as dinner, so I'm taking a little break now before getting down to serious preparations. The weather here is so nice today that I was able to sit outside in short-sleeves and enjoy some sun (a.k.a. a power nap).  

Hope you all have an equally satisfying day, if not necessarily what we might wish for in terms of get-togethers. And let's also hope for a better things to come. Pandemics don't last forever, but this one isn't over yet, so stay safe!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Good one, Melody!

Lois, you are very creative in the kitchen. Enjoy your feast and the leftovers too!

Hi Sharon,🙂 thanks but you can really thank the net LOL.......I always use it.......I just type in

what I am looking for and lots of recipes come up. I used some of what I found🙂.  I know

sour cream can help make things moist (for example)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, I didn't put any eggs or sugar in my casserole.....used a little bit of honey though.

As for stuffing, I used Stove Top.   The best I have ever had was my Mom's and I have never

even tried to make it.  Hers was from scratch with  a full loaf of bread that she let get stale.

Might sound odd but it was sooooooooo good........I can't remember ever having any as 

good. She put lots of onions, celery and mushrooms in it.  She has been gone for many years

and I still miss her turkey and stuffing.

My mom always made the best dressing, it sounds similar to your mom’s minus the mushrooms.  What I made today was very close but not quite there.  My turkey turned out very, very good! 

We FaceTimed with all of our sons tonight, so good to see them and hear their voices.  Our son in Australia said they have not had a new Covid case in four weeks so they do not have to wear a mask outside anymore, only if they go inside a store or public building. Amazing to me that they have done that but they did have a very strict lockdown for about 8 weeks.  He is very happy to be out of lockdown.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

It was just me and hubby today. We had a roast chicken with smashed potatoes, fresh baked bread, and a vegetable medley. He spent most of the day cleaning his father's downstairs master bedroom that will be his and cooking our meal. I spend the day sewing masks. I got most of seven done--don't judge--it takes a while with a broken arm. 🙄 Now he's reading and I'm watching Russian skating reruns.

Hope everyone had a great day and got to either see or talk to your loved ones. Thanks to Kat for starting this thread. It's the first one I come to when I log on to CC.

• Like 2

I am thankful for everyone who decided to join the fun with this thread!  It has ended up being a place where we can celebrate, whine, ask questions, and just have fun talking to all of us!   It definitely kept me sane for the past months.  I looked forward to seeing what was going on every day.  Love you all.

Well, I made it through 5 days of work!  Today I was all by myself and, even when not full, it took a lot out of me to get everything done that we usually split.  I decided to be rogue and brought my little Jambox speaker and brought up I Heart Radio my iPhone and listened to my local station all day - lots of good music and kept up on local news.  OOTD was my Athleta gray Tshirt and my Lululemon camo leggings.  I wore my Athleta wrap again as it tied everything together and elevated the attire from "I'm hanging out" to "casual Friday at work".  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm exhausted.  I have to to get my tired self to the fridge to take out some of the turkey, sweet potatoes and corn and nuke it for dinner.  

Later!

• Like 3

Good morning, Kat, glad your first week back went well🙂

Sharon, I did make a new recipe for my leftover stuffing!  I went on line and there are many

"side dish" leftovers recipes.....this one is a version of muffins.....stuffin muffins!😃.  I had

enough to make 6.   I added one egg to the stuffing mixed it up and they fit nicely into muffin

tins.  I baked them at 350 for about 25 minutes......still stayed moist inside and crispy outside!

I ate 2 with dinner last night so still have 4 left.   They tasted very good🙂

• Like 4

22 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

What a beautiful doggie -- makes me want to curl up with him (or her)!

Her, that’s Winter, she’s 18 months old silver lab. Daughter & SIL took her for a hike before dinner & she just curled up & snoozed, good girl

• Like 1

Lois, my Mom always made a batch of stuffin muffins when she made her stuffing. Stuffin muffins came out on Sunday with Thanksgiving leftovers (or a roast chicken if Turkey was gone). I hadn’t thought about them for years. I never liked stuffing, gravy or mashed potatoes. I like the turkey, all the other veggies, the relishes & the desserts!  Melody

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, my Mom always made a batch of stuffin muffins when she made her stuffing. Stuffin muffins came out on Sunday with Thanksgiving leftovers (or a roast chicken if Turkey was gone). I hadn’t thought about them for years. I never liked stuffing, gravy or mashed potatoes. I like the turkey, all the other veggies, the relishes & the desserts!  Melody

Oh wow....I always LOVE the stuffing😃

Happy thanksgiving aftermath ladies!  Sounds like everyone had satisfying, if not "normal"  thanksgiving days...  I ended up making a very last minute decision on Wednesday, cooked the whole meal, & then we just did porch drop offs for my Mom, steve's parents, & our kids...saved enough for ourselves to reheat....  On Thursday we put the putt putt motor on our tiny sail boat, & trolled around the harbor for the afternoon, drinking wine listening to music... it was actually a very, very nice way to spend the day :)  when it got to dark, we headed home, & heated up our meal, I ended the evening with a little run & I'm happy with how it all turned out :)

Kat:  one more thank you for starting this thread, & congrats on getting through your first work week back.  

Lois, I bet you are loving your new dishwasher!

Melody, your dog is gorgeous :)

well, back to insane levels of christmas decorating :)

-debbie

• Like 1

I got a good laugh this morning.  My AM blood glucose was 20 points higher than what it was Thanksgiving Friday.  I had the exact same morning meal (yougurt with blueberries) and the exact same meal (turkey, corn pudding, sweet potato mash)  EXCEPT I had a piece of pumpkin pie Thursday night, none Friday.  And, I was definitely more active yesterday, walking hallways, walking stairs, moving packages, etc.  Whacka whacky...

Debbie - sounds like a great way to spend the day - sailing and a little wine!!  As long as you remembered your right of way - starboard = left, port = right.  Sail has right of way over motor...  🤪

I'm being a slug today.  More of the same dinner tonight - one more batch of sides left for dinner.  

• Like 2