for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Melody, happy anniversary!  & love your holiday moose :)  trying to finish up my lights outside... it seems that years ago I could get all the decorating done in a snap, one day inside, one day out... nowadays just not quite as quick up the attic ladder ;)

Kat, the best thing about going out on the little boat was that we were literally the only ones out there so while on the water we didn't have to wear masks, so nice!

our area is going into further restrictions tomorrow... wonder if people will cooperate....

on a happy note, here's  a pic of my my living room decorations, haven't put ornaments on tree yet, but I'm happy with it so far :)

IMG_2306.thumb.jpg.74b938ba80e1e2f36ecd63aaf24d7b52.jpg

one mistake I made was putting up the tree before putting on the thing that covers up the stand, did that after, & it was not easy, need to make a note for next year ;)

• Like 2

Hi Debbie, I have been following along with what is happening in CAL.......ya'lls cases are 

going wild.....all of LA county will be on deeper restrictions....I hope for everyone's sake they

do what they are supposed to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Melody, happy anniversary!  & love your holiday moose 🙂  trying to finish up my lights outside... it seems that years ago I could get all the decorating done in a snap, one day inside, one day out... nowadays just not quite as quick up the attic ladder 😉

Kat, the best thing about going out on the little boat was that we were literally the only ones out there so while on the water we didn't have to wear masks, so nice!

our area is going into further restrictions tomorrow... wonder if people will cooperate....

on a happy note, here's  a pic of my my living room decorations, haven't put ornaments on tree yet, but I'm happy with it so far 🙂

IMG_2306.thumb.jpg.74b938ba80e1e2f36ecd63aaf24d7b52.jpg

one mistake I made was putting up the tree before putting on the thing that covers up the stand, did that after, & it was not easy, need to make a note for next year 😉

We went into stricter restrictions here at 5pm on Friday. Our anniversary dinner has been switched to take out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We went into stricter restrictions here at 5pm on Friday. Our anniversary dinner has been switched to take out

Hi Melody, I see your Governor has the virus too.

• Like 2

Hello All, looks like  everyone’s thanksgiving activities were enjoyable and well adapted to all the various restrictions.

Debbie, so nice of you to cook and deliver dinners to your family. It must have been nice to see everyone if only from a distance. Love your decorations, I have white trees like yours- love that they are battery and on timers. I bet kitty loves the bed in front of the fireplace.

Lois, those stuffin’ muffins sound delicious. I didn’t make stuffing this year but will keep that idea in mind for another year. You know, with all your yummy dishes I bet your new dishwasher is being put to good use!

Kat, happy to hear that your first week at work went well. Sounds like you are getting lots of exercise. Nice that you had yummy left overs to come home to.

Melody, happy 51st to you and Less🥂. Lovely pictures!

So far no decorating over here but I did do some cyber Christmas shopping. I do miss shopping in person, especially this time of year.

Yes, CA does have big Covid numbers and I hate to think what they will be when the Thanksgiving spread becomes evident. In addition to LA county that Debbie mentioned, Santa Clara County is also imposing stricter rules including mandatory quarantine if one has traveled more than 150 miles. Not sure how that will be enforced or even calculated. I wonder when more counties will impose similar restrictions. Soon we won’t be able to go anywhere........not that we are doing that now!

Sharon

BTW, Kat, you aren’t the only one who writes longer posts😊

• Like 2

Our anniversary takeout dinner. Amazing risotto balls, fabulous lasagna & chicken Alfredo. Enough left for another meal except the risotto balls, they’re history.

Tiramisu creme brûlée, tasted much better than it looked, somethings don’t take out well 

102866C9-FE98-4EC2-8BF8-A1BD280ABB92.jpeg

69234009-CEBC-4B75-8A00-AFFC8B3A0EC3.jpeg

607F3723-4C01-447B-97D8-E75EAC63EE7F.jpeg

A1DF2A54-942F-4B5D-945E-60BFEF0638BE.jpeg

AD2DAD9A-3CD9-42BD-8059-402D3A048E84.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Sorry that the anniversary dinner went sideways.  But you had great company - sometimes that makes up for everything!

My happy attitude at work came to a screeching halt today.  One of our property managers came by last Wednesday to say "hi" and we sat around and chatted for about 20 minutes.  The 4 of us were masked and stayed distant.  Well, got an email from her today that she tested positive yesterday!!!   I think we'll be OK because we were behaving properly.  But, it's still a quick wake up call that we have to be on our toes all the time.  

My boss and I start putting up the Christmas trees at the condos tomorrow.  That will keep the boredom level at a minimum.  I can only walk the hallways and spray all the elevator buttons so many times in a day.  At least she is letting me bring my little bluetooth speaker in to have a little "noise".  I just keep it on our local volunteer radio station so I at least keep up with the local news.

An article somewhere, can't remember what paper, has said that Park City is the #1 Destination for Christmas vacations this year.  Good Lord!!!  People apparently are really wanting to go skiing this year because they think they'll be safer outside on the slopes.  I guess I'm going to continue my self-isolation for the Winter, only going to work, getting my hair done, and picking up my groceries.  I sure won't be venturing out to Main St or any restaurants!!!  

• Like 1

Uh oh, Kat-hope you will be ok. Here in CA you would be expected to isolate and get tested! Our Gov spoke today and we are most likely in for some additional restrictions. He didn’t elaborate. Ca has the population equal to 21 states-he didn’t say which ones. 

Interesting that Park City is the number 1 destination. Have fun decorating and stay safe.
Sharon

Good morning......Kat, so sorry about that virus news.......certainly hoping you will be ok!!!!

I saw this on the net........made me smile and hope ya'll will too.😃

128524528_1244563169269813_6036649110113621355_n.jpg.6165411d9b2898e6842428b72e999f68.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man Kat!  Shows no matter how careful you are...

our oldest daughter’s in-laws both came down with COVID (likely from church). She was hospitalized for 8 days but is out now & they’re both doing well. We hadn’t seen them (except on Zoom) since last Thanksgiving (2019).  Daughter had to quarantine at home for 14 days & just went back to work (not telework) yesterday. 

Today was decorating one of our two Christmas trees at work.  Can't do the second one until the guys finish laying the new wood floor up in the owners lounge.  We did our lobby tree and put the garland up on the staircase.  Made the day a little fun.  We still have to work out how our ski valet will handle skis and owners and guest this season and how to try to limit the number of people in the ski locker room.  And, we have to have a good discussion about how "hands on" we are going to be with guests regarding luggage, delivering Instacart drop-offs, stuff like that.  Ski season starts Saturday at the resort - not many people other than some owners showing up.  More guests just started booking this week for Christmas - they must have seen that article!!!  

Today was my Friday, so I have 2 days off.  Yay!!!  One of them will be spent with my hair stylist. getting the gray hair taken care of and catching up on local gossip and what has transpired since November 3.  Next week, my co-worker has to take some days off to go back to DC to help her mom pack up her brother's belongings and then come back for his funeral.  So, I'll most likely be working more than 5 days.  

OOTD:  It was a Woolx kind of day,  black leggings and gray Tshirt both from there.  And, my trusty Athleta wrap again.  

Have a good night and morning - I'm sleeping in!!!

• Like 1

Lois, hope all goes well with the endoscopy..

we had a bit of excitement yesterday  Les was reheating his Chicken Alfredo in our microwave when the microwave caught fire!  Flames & all. He pulled the plug & flames went out (he rescued his Chicken Alfredo) & put the microwave out on the concrete patio. Only thing damaged was the microwave. It’s toast. I’d forgotten how long it takes to reheat something on a stove!  Microwave shopping today. Melody

good thoughts for a good outcome on the endoscopy Lois!

Good Lord!  Killed the microwave!!!  Melody, good thing he caught it.  I've had sparks thrown once in awhile, but never catch fire.  

I don't think I realized how much work took out of me - I slept for 12 hours!!!  I do a lot of walking there.  And, I'm taking the stairs to the second floor all the time.  Taking all the deliveries from FedEx and UPS and running them to the units.  So, it's a much bigger workout than I have had in awhile.  My Apple Watch said I walked over 3 miles yesterday.  Not counting the time we were decorating the tree.   I think I'm just going to vegetate today.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, everything went fine, thankfully. The Dr did say I still have an ulcer---not bleeding and

it is healing but he wants to increase my meds from 1 pill per day to 2.  I go back to see him

in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

Good news Lois!  

I just got back from my 3 month visit with my NP.  It was all good news for once.  My A1C has gone down to 7.5 from 10.5 that it was 3 months ago.  And, I've dropped 10 of my "COVID 15".   I just have to keep working on getting my strength and energy back.  I have another followup in 3 months.  

Good days all around!

• Like 3

Lois, pretty good news on the endoscopy

Kat, great drop on A1C. With all the exercise you’re getting, your next A!C will be great

we are the proud owners of a new microwave 🙄

• Like 2

We had early Christmas at our son’s yesterday. His son (active duty Air Force) was able to get a few days leave (he’ll be flying alert at Christmas) so we had soups & Swedish meatballs (& Christmas cookies). We don’t get to see Nate often, it was a real treat

2FCD52C9-3509-4FFB-A2D5-4FB0AC4A22CE.jpeg

38DA3E4B-C94A-467E-A1D9-4C177F1E5920.jpeg

9E538BE1-2486-4023-9CF0-A8E569F00B9A.jpeg

• Like 3

Good morning friends,  Melody, lovely pictures of your family.🙂

Kat, how is work going?

And hope all of you are doing ok these days.  The virus is getting worse as the time goes by.

Hope all of you are staying safe!  Have a good day.

• Like 2