for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Melody, loving those latkas😃.  When  I was a kid my mom would make them and omg......

they were soooooooooooooo good.😀

Debbie, of course you can give as well!  I know how lucky I am...even with my 3 hospital 

visits this year (they were not fun) but I am still doing ok........nice place to live, never wanting

for food----I realize I have it much better than many folks out there.  When I see some of the

stories, I have done some crying lately.  If I can help a few people out I will do it.

• Like 2

I have to do a back-to-back, so I'm heading to bed.  (B2B = evening shift followed by morning shift).  Not the kind of B2B I'd like to be doing.

I have to laugh - my leggings, white Tshirt and a sweater made me look like I was in formal wear today at work!!!  My 2 younger co-workers were rather über casual today: beanie, jeans shirt, joggers, tennis shoes, sweater with a hole in it...  I guess boss lady isn't worried about what we're wearing this year - even she was pretty casual today.  We were talking tonight - we wonder if we could get away with jeans now.  I'm happy wearing my leggings, so I wonder if I could get away with some of my prints...  

Glad to see we're all doing well.   Off to bed!  

• Like 1

@slidergirlkat,  back to back work sounds like zero fun ;) although it does sound like you are enjoying it, I'm glad you're back at work & not stuck at home.  

Almost everything is closed here, & there's long lines to get into trader joes, sprouts, etc.  But the hills are open so we will go hiking in a bit :)

When I can get vaccinated & have to go back to the office full time it's going to be difficult at first I think... I've gotten so lazy when it comes to work, getting dressed, etc...

Does it seem 'normal' to you now?  I mean getting ready, fixing hair, clothes, etc?

anyhow, have a great weekend everyone :)

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirlkat,  back to back work sounds like zero fun 😉 although it does sound like you are enjoying it, I'm glad you're back at work & not stuck at home.  

Almost everything is closed here, & there's long lines to get into trader joes, sprouts, etc.  But the hills are open so we will go hiking in a bit 🙂

When I can get vaccinated & have to go back to the office full time it's going to be difficult at first I think... I've gotten so lazy when it comes to work, getting dressed, etc...

Does it seem 'normal' to you now?  I mean getting ready, fixing hair, clothes, etc?

anyhow, have a great weekend everyone 🙂

It's not tht big of a stretch to get ready for work, fortunately.  Basically I do the same that I do if I were going to the market - leggings, Tshirt, sweater.  I went rogue to day and wore my Woolx hoody with my leggings since I was morning opener and the boss wasn't there.  Well, she showed up 1/2 hr before I was leaving work - not a single comment, so I think I'm good.  My hair - just combed and down behind my ears (mask is easier if i have the hair away) or pulled in a tail.  Makeup is pretty basic:  moisturizer (I even did that for couch surfing), brow stuff to supplement my brows that haven't grown all the way back yet, a streak of eyeliner on each eye.  Since I'm so pale right now, I brush a little chocolate bronzer on my face so I don't scare children.   Today - I got up at 7am to be at work 10 miles away at 8am.  Piece of cake!!!  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

Got to dress up two days in a row.  I had a Christmas party on Friday night.  It was very nice with catered food and a chance to catch up with people I don't see often.  Last night my son came up and we drove through a lighted Christmas display.  They won a "light fight" last year.  It was a little rainy so we didn't stop to take the train or see Santa but will try to do that next year.  Then we went to dinner at a local place.  I wore my tweedy black pants and sweaters both nights.  Friday I got to wear one of my knitted lace shawls and got a lot of compliments on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

FYI -- Chico's is offering free shipping on all orders today & tomorrow...

I saw that. It isn’t often that Chico’s offers free shipping on any purchase amount. 

Keksie, Nice! No such things allowed here. Gatherings with other than your own household is discouraged and restaurants are closed except for take out. I should add that some are not following this but our numbers are terrible and ICU beds almost gone. 

We have a Zoom get together with 3 other couples tonight so I am dressing up including make up. The eight of us plan this get together every year but it’s always been in a restaurant with dessert at one of the homes. Very different this year!

• Like 1

Debbie, good news about your daughter and husband.I was surprised to hear that you had the placebo since you experienced some of the reactions that the vaccine can cause. 

PurpleHays, great looking Limoncello! A toast to you!

Kat, hope work continues to go well for you especially since the holidays are just ahead. Nice that you can dress comfortably.

We did a big Trader Joe’s haul last Wednesday. Let’s say it went way past the “holy cow” stage! But, we won’t be going back any time soon.  Also went to a Costco so we are pretty well stocked for awhile. DD can pick up fresh stuff for us when she shops. Also have used Target pick up for a few things like milk and bread. Will give Whole Foods Prime pick up a try when I know my list covers the minimum amount. Hoping all the CA restrictions help our numbers to improve. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I saw that. It isn’t often that Chico’s offers free shipping on any purchase amount. 

Keksie, Nice! No such things allowed here. Gatherings with other than your own household is discouraged and restaurants are closed except for take out. I should add that some are not following this but our numbers are terrible and ICU beds almost gone. 

We have a Zoom get together with 3 other couples tonight so I am dressing up including make up. The eight of us plan this get together every year but it’s always been in a restaurant with dessert at one of the homes. Very different this year!

Sharon, we're in the same boat as you,  our ICU beds are down to less than 5% availability...  I will be home or doing hiking, running or biking as much as possible...  if we need groceries steve will now be doing it, so weird after 10 months of me doing everything to now have to switch to him....

We're going to sort of break the rules tonight, we'll meet our kids & grandkids & do a socially distanced, masks on, outdoor walk & look at Christmas lights...  I think it's allowed... but not entirely sure..

10 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Debbie, good news about your daughter and husband.I was surprised to hear that you had the placebo since you experienced some of the reactions that the vaccine can cause. 

PurpleHays, great looking Limoncello! A toast to you!

Kat, hope work continues to go well for you especially since the holidays are just ahead. Nice that you can dress comfortably.

We did a big Trader Joe’s haul last Wednesday. Let’s say it went way past the “holy cow” stage! But, we won’t be going back any time soon.  Also went to a Costco so we are pretty well stocked for awhile. DD can pick up fresh stuff for us when she shops. Also have used Target pick up for a few things like milk and bread. Will give Whole Foods Prime pick up a try when I know my list covers the minimum amount. Hoping all the CA restrictions help our numbers to improve. 

sharon, I was typing at the same time as you...what's funny is SIL had same symptoms as me, & was team placebo.  The Dr. says there is a filler/binder in placebo that some people react to.   Good news for everyone is that DH & DD had almost no reaction to real shots, so that's good news.

Bad news is that the FDA wants us placebo people to remain without shots for 6 months from our last "shot"  mine was over a month ago, so that gives me a target date of May 12th...  it's frustrating to know that there is literally a shot with my name on it (actually my patient number lol) sitting in a freezer at the clinic but I can't get it.... we're back at the clinic on Tuesday for more blood draws...  hopefully they will have more info for us then. 

On happy note, continuing mad Christmas decorating, it really lifts my spirits, even though its not the same I have high hopes for next Christmas :)

-Debbie

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

I am thankful every day that we moved to Florida last year to be closer to my son.

• Like 2

I'm trying to decide if I need to make a Trader Joe's run on Wednesday.  I've got Wed & Thu off, but another snow front is supposed to come through on Thursday and I don't see wanting to drive down the canyon!!  Otherwise, it's the 21st. 

I'm getting a little weary of telling the college kids staying at the condos to PLEASE remember their masks!  Sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't.  It's one of the owners' son and about 6 of his friends hanging out for a few weeks.   I don't reminding new guests the first time since they may not have comprehended the handout they get about masks being mandatory in our county.  Sigh

OOTD: I had on my Woolx McKenna leggings (they have pockets!), a basic white Tshirt from Madewell, and my brown "black sheep" wool hoodie wrap.  Gotta say, my new work shoes are THE BOMB!!!  If any of you need a pair of lightweight winter lace-up booties, give the Chaco Borealis Ledge a try!!  They are so comfy right out of the box.  Look like Winter high-tops.  Waterproof.  Works with leggings or jeans.  I have the gray ones.   So, now I have two pair of waterproof booties to wear for work.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, hope you all in CALIF will all stay safe.   Anyone watch the news this morning and

see the planes leave Michigan with the vaccine on board? It was pretty cool👍....I just hope

everyone realizes this is the just the beginning and we all still need to stay vigilant.  Hopefully

the front line workers will start getting their shots in the next couple of days! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, hope you all in CALIF will all stay safe.   Anyone watch the news this morning and

see the planes leave Michigan with the vaccine on board? It was pretty cool👍....I just hope

everyone realizes this is the just the beginning and we all still need to stay vigilant.  Hopefully

the front line workers will start getting their shots in the next couple of days! 

Hi Lois,  FL is bad as well, right?  Are things open where you are?  All we see are ling lines outside grocery stores...  we're taking a do we "need" groceries or "want" groceries frame of mind...  everything else is just off the table.  

I know you mentioned getting a follow up mammogram, I hope everything turned out ok with that :)

& Ladies, Happy Hanukah to everyone who celebrates it...  what the heck, Happy Hanukah to even us who don't...  we all could use a festival of light right now :)

• Like 2

Debbie, that’s interesting about the placebo reaction. I’m sorry that you can’t get the vaccine until May. On the plus side, you are assured of getting the “good stuff”. Who knows if there will be enough of the more effective vaccines available for all who want them.

Your home looks very festive-you did a nice job.  Love the lights on the tree in the large pot. I think your Christmas lights walk will be ok since you will be outside and spaced out wearing masks. Are they enforcing things down there? Not much of that happening up here. If it’s blatant then one might get a warning but not much more. Some talk of ignoring restrictions and many are upset because restaurants are take out only. I get it but I just want this to go away and for life to return to some sort of normalcy-sooner than later!

Stay safe.

Sharon

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois,  FL is bad as well, right?  Are things open where you are?  All we see are ling lines outside grocery stores...  we're taking a do we "need" groceries or "want" groceries frame of mind...  everything else is just off the table.  

I know you mentioned getting a follow up mammogram, I hope everything turned out ok with that 🙂

& Ladies, Happy Hanukah to everyone who celebrates it...  what the heck, Happy Hanukah to even us who don't...  we all could use a festival of light right now 🙂

Hi Debbie, our numbers are up.....but  .....the Governor

is not putting restrictions on anything😮.  Here in my county? Masks are mandated

by the Mayor for indoor places.....as for restaurants, still open for indoor dining. 

I haven't seen long lines at the grocery store.    I do see most people wearing a mask

when I am in the grocery store though. 

My mammogram came out good, thanks🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm trying to decide if I need to make a Trader Joe's run on Wednesday.  I've got Wed & Thu off, but another snow front is supposed to come through on Thursday and I don't see wanting to drive down the canyon!!  Otherwise, it's the 21st. 

I'm getting a little weary of telling the college kids staying at the condos to PLEASE remember their masks!  Sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't.  It's one of the owners' son and about 6 of his friends hanging out for a few weeks.   I don't reminding new guests the first time since they may not have comprehended the handout they get about masks being mandatory in our county.  Sigh

OOTD: I had on my Woolx McKenna leggings (they have pockets!), a basic white Tshirt from Madewell, and my brown "black sheep" wool hoodie wrap.  Gotta say, my new work shoes are THE BOMB!!!  If any of you need a pair of lightweight winter lace-up booties, give the Chaco Borealis Ledge a try!!  They are so comfy right out of the box.  Look like Winter high-tops.  Waterproof.  Works with leggings or jeans.  I have the gray ones.   So, now I have two pair of waterproof booties to wear for work.  

Glad you like your Chaco boots, I have a pair of Borealis wrapped for Christmas (hoping my foot will be able to be in a real boot by then. 

• Like 1

We’re on restriction red here. Masks everywhere, no indoor dining. Limited amounts of people in stores I’m glad all my limited shopping is done. Back to foot doc this morning (really cold today 6 right now) maybe he’ll take the placement pins out. I really feel like I have hoof & mouth disease! 😉. The bone grafts in the mouth are hanging in (I hope) still on liquids. I’m feeling ok tho. Melody

35 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, our numbers are up.....but  .....the Governor

is not putting restrictions on anything😮.  Here in my county? Masks are mandated

by the Mayor for indoor places.....as for restaurants, still open for indoor dining. 

I haven't seen long lines at the grocery store.    I do see most people wearing a mask

when I am in the grocery store though. 

My mammogram came out good, thanks🙂

Yes, our numbers here in Florida are up, I find myself thinking it has been a good day if we don’t go over 8000.   But the guv said when he completely reopened everything that he expected surges and will not do anything, the counties and cities can put restrictions in place but they cannot enforce them per executive order. Our county has no mandates but our little town of Indian Harbour Beach has mandated masks, I find most people are wearing them but there are always a handful without.

My sister in Indiana called yesterday to tell me her 26 year old daughter is very sick with the virus.  Whitney has been in bed for over a week, will not eat and only drinking water. She is still at home, they’ve been told to keep her there unless she develops problems breathing, then take her to ER.   My sister and family have not taken the virus seriously since the beginning.  They rarely wear masks, eat in restaurants a lot, and had the normal family TG with 25 plus attending in my brother’s house.  AND she has continued to have our 86 year old dad over for dinner,  even with Whitney being sick.😠.  AND they are still planning on having the family Christmas get together.  I am beyond speechless with her.

I am going to go for a 6 mile walk and see if I can get some of this anger out!😂

Sherri🤪

Good morning Sherri, I am so sorry about your niece☹️ and very surprised your sister is not taking it more seriously.

Does she not realize her 26 year old child could die from this virus?😲

(not that the age matters)........today we are going over the 300,000 mark

for deaths..........people of all ages. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Sherri, I am so sorry about your niece☹️ and very surprised your sister is not taking it more seriously.

Does she not realize her 26 year old child could die from this virus?😲

(not that the age matters)........today we are going over the 300,000 mark

for deaths..........people of all ages. 

Lois, the really sad thing is Whitney has several co-morbidties due to benign brain tumors she has dealt with since the age of two and she has an emotional maturity of about a 10-12 year old so basically she is a child in an adult body.  Definitely someone you would want to protect during all of this.  I have been surprised at my sister’s attitude during all of this as I thought she was smarter than this but I have several family members who would agree with her.🙄

Sherri😬

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Lois, the really sad thing is Whitney has several co-morbidties due to benign brain tumors she has dealt with since the age of two and she has an emotional maturity of about a 10-12 year old so basically she is a child in an adult body.  Definitely someone you would want to protect during all of this.  I have been surprised at my sister’s attitude during all of this as I thought she was smarter than this but I have several family members who would agree with her.🙄

Sherri😬

Sherri, I am so sorry about this, truly, I hope your niece will be ok.  It sounds like a very unhealthy situation for her (AND for your Dad too!)

• Like 1