for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

My thoughts are with all of you dealing with family illness and the disappointments of Christmas 2020.  Hopefully, next year at this time, 2020 will seem like just a bad dream and we will be able to hug the people we love. 

My son seems to have recovered and his wife and children are showing no signs of infection so I am grateful for that.  My niece in Indiana is recovering, although my sister says she is not 100% yet.  Thanks to all of you for your concern.  I am so glad I stumbled onto this group, thanks, Kat!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Melody - so sorry to hear about the family members having recurring issues with COVID.  I've heard of too many who seem to start to get better, only to take another fall back.  Sherri - good to hear that your family members are on the mend, also.  It's like I've always said - it's the "gift" that keeps on giving.  Hope that things turn on a positive note for them.  

It's my Saturday!!!  Work is ramping up now with people coming in for a holiday vacation.  It's about a 50/50 mix of owners and renters so far.  Yesterday was busy for me!!  My remaining co-worker was only there until 1pm as she had to go to her brother's funeral.  (he passed away 3 weeks ago, but had to wait for a "reservation" to have a burial at the Utah Veterans Cemetary due to COVID restrictions).  So, I was alone for 6 hours.  It was mostly nonstop with condo inspections, check-ins of renters,  my work on the computer, restocking the coffee machine and supplies for today...  The good thing is that my strength and endurance is slowly ramping up.  I can do the stairs up to the 2nd floor all day now - the first day I had go stop halfway up!  My favorite dog, Quincy the Golden Retriever, showed up with his family for a 2 week stay.  Yes I remember dog names, but never the owners!!!!  And, I got another nice gratuity and a big "thank you" from a new owner.  That's always nice when I see that how I interact with my owners and guests is received as genuine.  I don't have to be all pompous and formal as I did at the big Forbes-rated places I worked at!!  

I made my bacon-wrapped porcetta the other night - still as good as I remembered!  I've had leftovers for 2 dinners and have enough for one more.  It's hard to come home from work and have time to make dinner, eat, then get to bed.  I might end up going back to picking up healthy takeout on the way home from work. I picked up takeout last night, but it was definitely NOT healthy - a jalapeno chicken sandwich from Wendy's.  But, it was sooooooo good🤪  Wendy's chicken sandwiches are my once-in-awhile guilty pleasure on the way home from work.  At least I'm not getting off at 11pm now - that left me with getting the soft grilled chicken tacos at Del Taco on the way home!!!

OOTD: I think my camo leggings, a Tshirt and my red Patagonia down sweater jacket.  And, my Chaco boots ( I LOVE THEM!!!!). It's a followup day with my opthalmologist for my eye (it's feeling good), then over to the pharmacy to get my shingles shot.  I may do my weekly grocery shopping today as it's supposed to snow tomorrow plus the tourists are crowding into town now and making the markets busy.  

Rant - what is it with tourists and not understanding all the signs about masks are mandatory???  I swear.  I try to politely tell guests when they check in that our town and county has a mandate.  I try to politely remind guests to wear a mask when they are walking past me in the lobby.  I try to politely remind guests that they have to wear masks when they are going out to the hot tub.   My politeness is wearing thin.   I do NOT want to get infected again!!!

Have a nice day ladies!!!!

• Like 2

@sjb317 sherri, so glad your family members are recovering!  I'm sure it's the greatest gift you could receive right?  

It's a very weird time here right now, the weather is gorgeous, people are getting vaccinated, Yea!!  But also L.A. is a hellhole right now...so yuck,  Hopefully in a few months we will be slowly crawling to of this :)

Hi Kat, sorry your guests don't know how to follow the rules and guidelines👎 sounds like they are a BIG PITA!!!!!!!

Debbie, some of the stories I have read/seen about what is going on in Southern California is

really horrible☹️.  Wishing you and all the folks in your area the best.

• Like 2

Mask holes, perfect description. I was in a store recently (waiting for a scooter). This woman came in, saying I’m just looking for someone. The security person says Ma’am, you still need to be wearing a mask. She started screaming at her. I (as Les says, lots of people are carrying now, be careful) stepped forward & just pointed to the door. The woman whirled around said fine, I just wanted to look!  & ran out. The security person said, let me find you a scooter. Came out of the store about 15 minutes later & the woman was being loaded into a police cruiser. Found out later that she’d come back in (maskless) & assaulted the poor security person. What is up with folks!

on a better note, Les & I went for lunch yesterday (patio seating). Yummy Aloha (teriyaki burger with Canadian bacon, grilled pineapple & pick d Gallo   Melody

ED8ED8E5-81A2-40AF-AFA4-2D9AE4374751.jpeg

1696445D-2420-4360-9252-82B36DABFFAF.jpeg

• Like 2

Good morning friends🙂..........Melody, I would say that is unbelievable but that would not be 

a true statement........these days sadly you hear about it quite often.  Some folks are just 

crazy!!!!    Oh, your burger looks fantastic!

• Like 2

Good question, Melody, it seems as if stories like yours are becoming more common.  Very sad comment on who we have become as a society.

Well, my 10 year old grandson woke up this morning with a HA and low grade fever so we are all assuming he has COVID from his dad.  But like the majority of young children, he has mild symptoms, at least so far.  My daughter in law said he went back to sleep, slept a few hours, then said he was starving and felt great.

She said he is currently battling bad guys in his room😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Melody - you killed me with that burger!!!  

Man, Los Angeles sounds like a horror zone right now.  I can't imagine being in such a bad COVID state that there are zero ICU beds available.   I saw today that Aspen, CO is going to a heightened state for COVID.  With it being another major ski area, I'm wondering when we're going to get there, too.  By our county, we are in the "Red" zone already for infections, but things are still open.  Just masks, no more than 10 in a group, and limited dining.  

I'm glad that my workplace notes are giving some a few smiles.  I actually am feeling better each day and my mental state has improved tremendously.  It's a good thing that my condo project is small and pretty mellow - I don't think I could stand working at another big resort hotel where I'd have 90 checkouts and 90 checkins the same day, rude people, entitled people, zero time to relax, having to get all dressed up in my business attire each day...  This is a good place to end my working career, I think.  Work in the winter, play the rest of the year sounds good right now.  

Yesterday was a good day.  Saw my ophthalmologist for another checkup on my recalcitrant eye.  It's soooo much better now.  I could actually read the 20/20 line with it.  The red veins and "piece of glass in my eye" feeling is all gone.  There's still a ways to go, vision-wise, to get all the distance vision back.  She wants me to keep on taking the Valtrex once a day and popping Prednisone in my eye once a day just to keep it from regression.  I don't have to go back for 6 months unless something goes sideways.  Yay!!  Seems like Santa came a few days early for me.  

It's snowing and blowing today.  I'm just going to hang at home and let the tourist slide all over the road.   A recommendation to make all of you smile:  Do a search on the 'net for "Alex Rammell and Jimmy Fallon 2020" and watch the video!!!!!!  It was over 8 minutes of just making me smile.

Last rambling:  My hair is all slicked back, but I had my co-worker take a shot of me staying safe at work.  This is my total Woolx outfit and the famous Chaco boots.  It's my lobby, with the fireplace and our Christmas tree.  

IMG_0775.JPG

• Like 5

@awhfy Melody, that's crazy that she assaulted the guard, but there had to be some satisfaction seeing her get arrested :)

Your meal looks soooo good!  Can I please come to CO & dine out?  Actually can I please be anywhere but here lol ;)

Going to pick up some christmas tamales from a woman who makes them from scratch, then cook up some rice & beans to go with them for Christmas meals for my in laws & Mom which we will drop off on porches tomorrow....  need to wrap gifts too, which I've been putting off.   stay safe & avoid the mask-holes ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends🙂..........Melody, I would say that is unbelievable but that would not be 

a true statement........these days sadly you hear about it quite often.  Some folks are just 

crazy!!!!    Oh, your burger looks fantastic!

good morning Lois!   (or afternoon)  it seems like this year has amplified who people are deep down inside, & all the crazy & entitled people are having a field day...  hope things are ok where you are, stay safe my friend :)

• Like 1

@slidergirlkat, the lobby looks so pretty!  So are people actually traveling up there & having skiing vacations?  Sounds so wonderful & "normal"

It's so great that you are doing so well :)  I bet your doctors ( & you of course) are thrilled...  & your job does sound nice, just the "right" amount of pressure & excitement without being overwhelming :)

have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirlkat, the lobby looks so pretty!  So are people actually traveling up there & having skiing vacations?  Sounds so wonderful & "normal"

It's so great that you are doing so well 🙂  I bet your doctors ( & you of course) are thrilled...  & your job does sound nice, just the "right" amount of pressure & excitement without being overwhelming 🙂

have a great week everyone!

Yep, people are actually flying or driving to come up here.  The snow is lousy, though - maybe what we are getting today will help.  The lift line outside our door was as long as I've ever seen it on Sunday!  Nicely masked skiers with social distancing in the lift line.  We're filling up at the condos, enough people made last-minute reservations to put us at probably 80%, much better than I thought we'd be.  

Trader Joe's alert:  If you go there the next few days, pick up a piece of the Baked Lemon Ricotta!!!  It is soooo good.  Spread it on some crackers, eat it with a spoon.  It tastes like a lemon bar without the crust.  Really lemony tart.  I make my own ricotta using lemon as the acid, but this was beyond.  I never saw this at TJ's before (bought it last week), so I don't know if it's seasonal or not.  If it's seasonal, I'll have to try to recreate it myself.  

I have to say - it's feels so good to finally feel like I've "turned the corner" on all my long haul issues (knock on wood).  I even made reservations at Zion National Park to camp the week after my season ends.  Yes, already.  The campground was filling fast.  My favorite site was already taken for month of April, so I at least got the one next to it.  It also has a firepit (many of the walk-in sites don't have it) and it's very close to the parking so I don't have to drag my stuff as far.  I really like the walk-in sites as opposed to the regular ones - they have little pergolas to put your tent under (or hang your hammock) and actually feel a little more separated from each other than the regular sites.  Now, I just have to think where else I'm going to go to camp after that - Valley of Fire by Lake Mead, Boulder Beach at Lake Mead,  Calf Creek Falls in So. Utah...  the hamster wheel is already spinning!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Kat, lovely lobby. So glad your eye is finally improving. 

I had my 100 stitches removed today (dentist counted as he removed them. Little sore so I’m going to have soup for supper. 

100 stitches????? Yowie!  I can't imagine.  Enjoy your soup and I sure hope the mouth gets back to full-crunching without pain soon!!!

• Like 1

No meds to remove the stitches. Honestly, out of all the surgeries I’ve had (& I’ve had more than a few), these bone grafts were likely the most painful surgery I’ve had. I’m feeling pretty good now tho. Thanks everyone!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve 🌲🥂

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

No meds to remove the stitches. Honestly, out of all the surgeries I’ve had (& I’ve had more than a few), these bone grafts were likely the most painful surgery I’ve had. I’m feeling pretty good now tho. Thanks everyone!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve 🌲🥂

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too!

Good morning friends.....Melody, I just read 2 other stories about folks who got into it with

others at stores because they would not wear a mask👎.  One in California and the other in

Arizona......really, REALLY amazing.  Continues to happen even with all these deaths every

day.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas everyone!  (or whatever you choose to celebrate)   trying to stay upbeat, but it's difficult :)  Here's a few shots from my run the other night, some holiday cheer:

in the photo from our night hike you can see the planters in the left hand of screen :)

IMG_2942.thumb.JPG.cf8ebef1725071fd3668c2d9d23ea6bc.JPG

IMG_2905.thumb.JPG.558007521e2477029ee145c3bfbcc2ff.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, slidergirl said:

Rant - what is it with tourists and not understanding all the signs about masks are mandatory???  I swear.  I try to politely tell guests when they check in that our town and county has a mandate.  I try to politely remind guests to wear a mask when they are walking past me in the lobby.  I try to politely remind guests that they have to wear masks when they are going out to the hot tub.   My politeness is wearing thin.   I do NOT want to get infected again!!!

I kid you not, I passed a woman in Target today with a fishnet mask. It wasn't decorative fishnet on top of a mask, it was fishnet. I could see her lips. ***** is wrong with people?!?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I kid you not, I passed a woman in Target today with a fishnet mask. It wasn't decorative fishnet on top of a mask, it was fishnet. I could see her lips. ***** is wrong with people?!?

Who knows?  I have been reading quite a bit lately about folks who will never believe

in science so they just do whatever the hell they want😧...doesn't matter to them if they

get other people sick.   I just saw an article about someone who was sick and went to work....

2 separate outbreaks were caused by this person. 7 people died and now 300 are in quarantine.

• Like 1

Hi girls, I will send all of you a BIG  Merry Christmas tomorrow🙂

Sometimes I just have to wonder about electronics.  I had to get a new battery for this laptop

back in May. That was 7 months ago.  Now it looks like I need another battery!😲.   What

is going on!?  I was using this laptop as I normally do but now it says I only have 7% battery

power!  Something is wrong!  I am using it plugged in but what is the point of a lap top if you

need to keep it plugged in all the time?  Not sure if I need to buy a new laptop.......this is

just WEIRD!