for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Debbie - no reason to feel guilty.  By volunteering to take part in the trials, you earned your spot!!

Did anyone watch Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper last night on CNN for NYE??  It was hilarious!!!  Drinking lots of tequila can make people do and say funny things!!  

I just finished my pork chops and sauerkraut.  A good New Year's dinner.  I need to make this more often, even when it's not New Year's.  I get the thin cut chops and it doesn't take that long to broil them and heat up the sauerkraut.  

I have to say I made out pretty well with the holiday gratuities from my owners - $400!!!!  I'll say that it was the easiest money I've made.  Work-wise it's been pretty darn slow and easy.  It's just me getting myself back into "work shape" that was tough.   Lois - I had a nice young couple from JAX check in today.   They had their masks on from the start!  I just let them know that here, masks are required everywhere indoors and out when skiing.  They did chuckle and say that it is different from FL.   We also got 2 cancellations today - people not wanting to to come here with our growing COVID numbers.  OK with me - less people to worry about.  

OOTD:  since I am starting out 2021 as the condo "slacker" (it's a little joke with 2 of us), I wore Athleta Delancy leggings, a big Henley Tshirt and my very old (probably frrom the 90s) Woolrich plaid wool vest.  Tomorrow I'll try something similar but add a beanie to it - the other 2 wear them all the time.  No boss again tomorrow, so it'll be fun again. 

• Like 2

Good morning girls,  Kat, I saw some of Andy and Anderson but not all of it.  I never stay up 

till midnight anymore so I missed quite a bit of it actually.  I heard good and bad about them 

this year. 

Glad the guests followed the rules. 

Debbie, I’m thrilled that you’re going to get the vaccines. You volunteered to be part of the test not knowing how it would work (or not). Don’t feel guilty about getting the vaccine. Les & I are in the 1B group due to our age so should be getting them fairly soon. 

our neighbors behind us decided to shoot off fireworks last night & woke us up, fireworks are illegal here in town. It was really loud. You know it’s to close when they’re setting off all the security cameras. Melody

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  Kat, I saw some of Andy and Anderson but not all of it.  I never stay up 

till midnight anymore so I missed quite a bit of it actually.  I heard good and bad about them 

this year. 

Glad the guests followed the rules. 

I lucked out - CNN showed it live here in UT, so "midnight" was actually 10pm.  Andy was being
Andy - if you have ever seen his "Watch What Happens Live" show on Bravo, he is just as loose with his language there (not profanity, but R rated stuff).  You probably missed them with Snoop Dog.  I was rolling on the floor listening to Anderson laughing uncontrollably while Andy was asking Snoop about places he's smoked weed.  I'll say one thing from 1st hand observation - Snoop does smoke some good-smelling weed!!!  He stayed at one hotel I was working at.  The "scent" was in the hallway - we took turns going up and getting a whiff!!!!   It was just good fun IMHO - two good friends having fun on NYE.  

OOTD: I haven't figured out what "slacker" wear I'm doing today yet - I have 30 more minutes before I have to get ready for work.  I wish I could wear my new tie dye hoodie sweatshirt dress, but that's a bit over the line for me.  Maybe a gray hoodie Tshirt with my Woolrich vest, boring but casual.  

It's going to be a very slow day (again) - no check ins.  4 check outs,  but my  2 co-workers have to clear them  before I get there.   One of my favorite owners came in Thursday.  He owns a great little flower business - he is "the sunflower guy" (run that all together and add a .com) and does really nice arrangements with sunflowers all year long.  He gave us one last year - it just made me smile to see sunflowers every day.  

Have a nice day ladies!!   Kat

• Like 1

Hi Kat, Oh, I know who Andy is and what he does.  One of my closest friends saw it too and

she said he was just over the top this year so I guess it would be "different strokes"........

I heard about the interview with Snoop but did not see it.  I also hear he decided to to a rant/rave against the Mayor.

I love Anderson though. He is one of my favorite people.

Happy Weekend ladies :)

Kat, your job sounds fun, & I'm also glad that out guests are masking up ( & tipping!) I love Anderson Cooper, but don't know who Andy is... to be honest, I've been streaming a lot of "escapist" type entertainment, watching my favorite movies over & over, If anyone wants a truly great (my opinion only lol) movie for the new year, try A Big Year, with Steve Martin, Jack Black & lots of other stars, it's basically a movie about bird watching, but it's sweet & funny & always makes me feel good :)

Also started season 3 of Cobra Kai, & as usual it's a mix of camp, awful, PSA, & good fun, so enjoying that.

Melody, thanks for the support!  & also,  the fireworks thing is crazy, right?  They are illegal here as well, & also not very smart with the dry brush in the hills.  

Lois,  I know that you had lots of post-retirement travel planned, are you looking into rebooking anything now, maybe for the second half of the year or next year?  I still have a May Adriatic cruise booked... I really should switch it to next year, but haven't been motivated enough to make the phone call...  how's that for lazy, right?

my outfit of the day:  currently still in pajamas (it's a little after noon here)  going to put on running clothes, tackle some Christmas decoration take down, & then maybe go on a hike :)

Happy new year again !

• Like 1

Hi Debbie,  Andy is Andy Cohen........he hosts some of the talk shows on BRAVO with the 

different women from the "House wives shows"...........He and Anderson have hosted CNN's

New Years eve show before.   I bet if you saw a photo of him you would know who he his.

As for cruises........I have a deposit down on 2 of them.  One is for OCTOBER......the other is 

for MARCH 2022.  Will see if they sail............the October cruise is to Europe and and the

March one is a TA Crossing.  IF I can sail in the spring/summer I will seriously consider booking one.  I know nothing is happening in the next couple of 

months so will just wait and see what happens.

Hi Lois,  I just googled Andy, & yes, he looks familiar :)

It's so weird to think of travel when I can't even get a haircut lol,  but it sounds like the EU has enough vaccines to get most vaccinated by spring,  so I honestly think that's a possibility...  it's going to strange & sad that we're simultaneously going to have the worst month (probably) in January while also slowly crawling out of this through vaccinations.  

If I were to place a bet I'd say your October cruise will definitely happen, & that it would be safe to look at trips to the EU in early to late summer as long as vaccinations go smoothly...  it's so nice to have something to look forward to :)

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, Oh, I know who Andy is and what he does.  One of my closest friends saw it too and

she said he was just over the top this year so I guess it would be "different strokes"........

I heard about the interview with Snoop but did not see it.  I also hear he decided to to a rant/rave against the Mayor.

I love Anderson though. He is one of my favorite people.

Funny, I can't remember the rant/rave against the Mayor...

I swear, it is pretty slow at the condos.  4 units of renters left today, mostly the owners left.  The snow sucks big time, not really getting more than an inch when it snows lately.   Our January is looking pretty lean at the condos.  I've seen the same names on the monthly bookings with no new entries.  I think people are waiting instead of diving in here because Mammoth and Tahoe in California and Aspen in Colorado have locked down to some extent.  No reason to come here if there's not enough snow.  My co-workers have only skied a little lately because there are too many people on too little snow.  

OOTD:  I did my black Woolx leggings, my gray hoodie Tshirt (with my "parts of the pig that are good" on the back) and my Woolrich vest again.  I did take my black beanie to wear, but I just couldn't do it - I get warm enough at work as it is.  Once again, despite my best efforts to look like a slacker, my 2 co-workers out-did me.  I don't know what else to do!!!   I'll have to think long and hard on what to wear Sunday!!!  

• Like 2

Good morning,  Kat,   he yelled at the top of his lungs actually......I guess part of it was the 

tequilla talking but I saw the clip.  

Here you go..........

Andy Cohen rants against de Blasio and mayor’s dance during New Year’s Eve show: ‘Do something with this city!’ (msn.com)

Good Evening!

Just found out today that one of my-coworkers has come down with mononucleosis!!!  She's out for awhile, I guess.  At least it's not COVID.   And the boss has a nasty eye inflammation.  We're falling apart!!  I was exhausted at the end of the day.  One more day of just me and the boss and I have my "weekend."  Can't some soon fast enough...

Lots of kids at the condos this week.  What a bunch of messiness.  Hot chocolate all over floors and walls.  One kid apparently had a hard time using the toilet and left urine all over the toilet AND footprints on the wall!!!!   And, the kids just can't grasp the concept of WEAR YOUR MASK ALL TIME TIME WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE!!!!!  It's going to be a looooong season if this keeps up.  I think Utah needs to ban people from visiting the state if they are from California, Florida, and Texas.  

Rant off.  

OOTD:  leggings, white longsleeved Tshirt and that Woolrich vest again.  And on my feet, the ever-so-comfortable Chacos.  And I've verified that they are "snow and water proof" over the last 2 days - stayed warm and dry.  

• Like 2

Hi, I agree with Melody........what those kids did is disgusting!  I guess some kids are raised by parents who just don't give a ----about how their children behave👎

• Like 2

Hi Ladies :)   

Kat, that's awful & gross, it seems like they should get an extra cleaning fee fine...  glad your coworker does not have covid :)

Unfortunately, I'm currently quarantined...may have been exposed last Tuesday at work... one tested positive yesterday & is pretty sick.... very annoyed :(

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies 🙂   

Kat, that's awful & gross, it seems like they should get an extra cleaning fee fine...  glad your coworker does not have covid 🙂

Unfortunately, I'm currently quarantined...may have been exposed last Tuesday at work... one tested positive yesterday & is pretty sick.... very annoyed 😞

Debbie, omg......am so sorry to read this!!!  And hope you will be ok!!!!!!!!!!

I see LA County is doing HORRIBLY so I I hope you will recover without any issues!!!

Sending you ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

33 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Debbie, omg......am so sorry to read this!!!  And hope you will be ok!!!!!!!!!!

I see LA County is doing HORRIBLY so I I hope you will recover without any issues!!!

Sending you ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

hi, Lois, thanks,  just to clarify, coworker  is positive, not me (thankfully)  So far I am fine....  Last day we were in office together was last tuesday, so I have a little less than a week to quarantine.... They tested positive yesterday...  I think I will be fine as I at least had on a mask & I have a fan blowing behind me which I think helps

but I will take the hugs anyway lol... I am more annoyed than anything... because, yes, things are not good here, but thankfully I think I dodged a bullet here :)

• Like 1

hi, Lois, thanks,  just to clarify, coworker  is positive, not me (thankfully)  So far I am fine....  Last day we were in office together was last tuesday, so I have a little less than a week to quarantine.... They tested positive yesterday...  I think I will be fine as I at least had on a mask & I have a fan blowing behind me which I think helps

but I will take the hugs anyway lol... I am more annoyed than anything... because, yes, things are not good here, but thankfully I think I dodged a bullet here 🙂

Ahhhh....that is GREAT news!  I guess I read your post incorrectly!.......sorry your co-worker is

positive but so glad to see you do NOT have this virus!

• Like 1

but thankfully I think I dodged a bullet here 🙂

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Yesterday I learned one of my colleagues probably has COVID -- her husband got it (positive test) over the holidays and she went to be tested today.  We have all been working remotely for 10 months now, so no exposure risk for me. But it's getting more and more common to hear of someone -- neighbor, colleague, friend of a friend -- who is infected.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Yesterday I learned one of my colleagues probably has COVID -- her husband got it (positive test) over the holidays and she went to be tested today.  We have all been working remotely for 10 months now, so no exposure risk for me. But it's getting more and more common to hear of someone -- neighbor, colleague, friend of a friend -- who is infected.

It's crazy isn't it?  It seems that everyone here is getting it or already had it... my boss's husband has it right now, he's pretty sick, but so far does not need hospital, which is good, cause there's no room & not enough staff :(  I can't imagine my boss not getting it too.  

It great that your company is having everyone work from home...  I'm sure it's super lonely too, but better than getting or giving COVID, right?

Going to try to work from home as much as possible until I can get vaccinated, I know there will be times where I have to go but hopefully I can dodge those as much as I can :)

stay safe :)

• Like 1

I feel like I won the lottery.  After 100 phone calls I just happened to log in right when they put the weblink up for registration for the 1st dose of the vaccine.  If everything goes right I should get my shot Thursday.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies 🙂   

Kat, that's awful & gross, it seems like they should get an extra cleaning fee fine...  glad your coworker does not have covid 🙂

Unfortunately, I'm currently quarantined...may have been exposed last Tuesday at work... one tested positive yesterday & is pretty sick.... very annoyed 😞

Damn.  Sorry about the possible exposure.   I hope it works out that you didn't contract it.  You all are in a horrible situation out in California right now.   Had a cancellation yesterday because one of the guests tested positive.  I am staying FAAAAAR away from any guests who are coming from California right now!  

The kids are driving us crazy.  We had to shut down our coffee/hot chocolte machine last night because the little pigs left the counter a mess and spilled hot chocolate all over.  I was honest when people asked if I knew the machine wasn't working: "yes, some kids were bad and messed it up so we had to shut it off."  Annoyed the adults who wanted their espressos and lattes but everyone suffers when bad things happen.   Kids were out in the hot tub - you have to be 16 or older.  Our maintenance guy chased them out.   I did kind of yell at one kid who wasn't wearing a mask (again).  They leave the 10th.  I can't wait!!!

It sure seems like a good day to be my "Saturday."  Sunny day, good things happening nationally, a good circus show to watch today.  

OOTD:  lazy lounge wear - my old Athleta cropped sweats and a long-sleeve Tshirt.  I do have to go out to pick up some meds (again) so I'll switch the sweats to a pair of leggings.  

• Like 1