for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours at work by myself and about 4 dozen cookies...  I was very good - I only ate 2 cookies.  I left the rest for us tomorrow.  Everyone else finished up at 4pm, so I had 3 more hours to go.  I brought my little speaker with me and brought up Christmas Classics on I ❤️ Radio.  It passed the time.   I'm back at it tomorrow at 11am.  Should be slow again.  Could be time for more music!!

Merry Christmas to all my CC friends!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I will send all of you a BIG  Merry Christmas tomorrow🙂

Sometimes I just have to wonder about electronics.  I had to get a new battery for this laptop

back in May. That was 7 months ago.  Now it looks like I need another battery!😲.   What

is going on!?  I was using this laptop as I normally do but now it says I only have 7% battery

power!  Something is wrong!  I am using it plugged in but what is the point of a lap top if you

need to keep it plugged in all the time?  Not sure if I need to buy a new laptop.......this is

just WEIRD!

Lois, my MacBook Pro sucks battery power too.  I gave up on any battery and just use it plugged in.  Just like my iPhone - now that I keep Bluetooth on to "talk" to my Apple Watch and I have wifi on all the time because there are some places around here that cell doesn't work.  It goes down pretty darn fast.  

Just stopping by to wish my friends  joy and peace during this special holiday season. It is difficult for many of us this year but we will make the best of it and look forward to 2021 and hope that we will once again be with our loved ones.

A very different Christmas Eve here. We drove about 20 miles south of us to see some really nice Christmas lights. Then back to our neighborhood to drive thru’ several streets lit with luminaries. Headed home to enjoy appetizers and adult beverages while watching The Guthrie Theater’s annual presentation of A Christmas Carol. This Minneapolis theater does this play annually and we were fortunate to attend 2 years ago. Of course no play this year so they offered tickets for a virtual presentation. Our ticket was part of our Christmas gift from our son and DIL who live just down the street from this beautiful theater. Tonight’s presentation was on the theater’s stage but it was one actor telling the story and using various props. In total 4 different actors shared the story telling but never together at the same time. It was excellent and a very unique way to present the story while staying safe. Each actor had memorized their part of the story which was so well done. It was an enjoyable evening!

Hoping that everyone will find something to make this holiday memorable and happy.

Sharon

• Like 3

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.  Just waiting for son to arrive, he had to go in to work for a couple of hours and then he is coming over.  We will have a pork roast, green beans, potato casserole, popovers and a pumpkin cheesecake.  Very sunny today but it is cold and my husband started the fireplace first thing this morning.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Lois, my MacBook Pro sucks battery power too.  I gave up on any battery and just use it plugged in.  Just like my iPhone - now that I keep Bluetooth on to "talk" to my Apple Watch and I have wifi on all the time because there are some places around here that cell doesn't work.  It goes down pretty darn fast.  

Hi Kat, this is just really weird. It shouldn't have drained out after only 7 months.........but

at least it works plugged in.   Not sure what I am going to do.  I may look for a new laptop

this time around. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:09 AM, awhfy said:

Our oldest daughter’s MIL has been hospitalized again. She (& her husband) had Covid over Thanksgiving. This time she’s hospitalized with pulmonary (lung) blood clots & very decreased oxygen levels. We’re all very worried for her. These 2 were so very cautious, only meeting over Zoom, grocery delivery, only time they left their house was to go feed the horse. Their son (daughters husband) would even take their car & fill the gas tank. They are 76 & 78 (just a tad older than Les & I) 🙏🏻🙏🏻

On a lighter note, I’m making a crockpot pot roast today (shoulder roast, packet of Beefy French onion soup mix, 2 packets of aus jus gravy mix, 2 cups of water & one cup of red wine & a package of baby carrots). The house already smells fabulous!  Melody

So sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers soon. 

Awhfy, I was googling looking for a post by Andrew about wanting to go to Oshkosh for the fly in. Anyway, I came across a post that said you worked for Pan Am. I did to, but it was what we called the New Pan Am that came back in '96. Basically a new start up with the Pan Am logo. I'm third from the left between the hunky men. 🤣  I think this was taken in 2000.

20200213_111721.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers soon. 

Awhfy, I was googling looking for a post by Andrew about wanting to go to Oshkosh for the fly in. Anyway, I came across a post that said you worked for Pan Am. I did to, but it was what we called the New Pan Am that came back in '96. Basically a new start up with the Pan Am logo. I'm third from the left between the hunky men. 🤣  I think this was taken in 2000.

20200213_111721.jpg

I worked for Pan Am from 83-86, good times!  

• Like 2

Morning all.   I'm taking a "breather" day from work today.  Woke up with a headache and just feeling lousy.  We aren't busy today at work, so I called in - I won't be missed.  I knew I'd hit a wall sooner or later.  I sleep until 9am, get to work by 11am work until 7pm, get home  by 7:30, eat, in bed by 10pm (taking awhile to fall asleep).  All my energy is going to work, so I nothing left for home.  I needed today off.  Sue me...

I'm getting really pissed off at people who don't wear their mask here!!!!  We tell them they MUST wear them at all times in the public areas, regardless of how long they are going to be in the public area.  Pulling up your Tshirt to cover your mouth doesn't count.  

Had a very drunk "gentleman" come down to the lobby.  Apparently he got in a fight with the MIL and walked out on her and DW.  First rule - just agree with a mad drunk so you don't make him worse.  Interesting drunk talk with him, some f-bombs dropped by him he pulled up his Tshirt to show me his belly button (!), said he's got the money to spend and we in Park City love his money.  He wasn't wearing mask, so I tried different ways to get him to put one on - reminded him, offered one to him, told him the shuttle wouldn't let him on without one, told him the bar wouldn't let him in with one...  He just put his scarf over his mouth.  He said they don't have the virus in Texas and we're "scaredy cats" here.  Fortunately, the shuttle came and he went off to find a "still mooing" steak and some more booze...  Ah, I remember the days at the hotels I used to work at where this was a weekly occurrence. - this was my first of the year.   

I do have to comment about Christmas Day at work.  Really slow.  My co-worker and I just sat in the lobby listening to a variety of Christmas music.  Found the Trans Siberian Orchestra's curated playlist on I ❤️ Radio.  It wasn't all TSO, but songs they selected.  Pretty darn funny - lots of songs from Rockers.  Who knew AC/DC had a Christmas Song - "Mistress for Christmas"????  We had some good laughs with some of the songs.  Switched later in the afteroon to Mannheim Steamroller - I always plays their stuff on Christmas.  I lived vicariously through my co-worker chowing down on the cookies - I did not have a single one.  I kept to the mandarin oranges.  

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!  After the year we've had, I hope Santa brought lots of goodies to you!!!   

P.S. Cynthia - on the teaser for Stanley Tucci's series on Italy (coming to CNN in February), there is a 1-second shot of him with a chef.  I swear I know that chef!!!  I think he's from Armando al Pantheon.  

• Like 2

happy monday everyone!   I should be working right now, but instead I'm looking at cruise critic ;)  

Kat, good you are getting a little R&R day, non stop work is a bit much!  & yes, It's unbelievable with everything going on that people won't do the common curtesy of wearing a mask when they should...  Do you know when you will be able to get a vaccine?  I would think that your turn should be sooner rather than later given your job :)

Renee & Melody, cool that you both worked for Pan Am at one time :)   I can remember as a kid, thinking working for an airline was the most glamorous job in the world :)

I started taking down a few christmas decorations, I'll take down the tree & icicle lights the day after New Years, but I think I'll keep the mantle & a few others up for a bit just becasue they make me happy :)

We are having a big winter storm here... lots of thunder & lighting, rain & even hail !   Very exciting to experience actual "weather"

• Like 1

Good morning girls, well, I decided to drive to the beach and go to Trader Joe's yesterday.

As I have mentioned before I am a really a Publix shopper but TJ's has that delicious Yogurt

Dip (everything on a Bagel thing) and I got some other stuff since it is New Year's coming.

Decided for the first time in months to get some frozen items I normally stay away from.........

but as you all have stated, once in a while is ok....so I got some mini quiches and a Spanakopita Pie.  (Greek Pie with spinach and cheese😀)

I will probably heat them up on Friday while I watch football🙂  I got some other things

too but these looked delicious.   

And here is an article I read this morning that I thought maybe ya'll would be interested in 

reading.  It is informative and yes, some of it is sad but it relates to what started this whole

thing at the beginning of the year.  Has it really been 12 months? 11 months?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/11-days-cruising-changed-forever/index.html

• Like 2

Hi Melody, I actually bought a bottle Pinot Noir and will have some of that.........Reisling is way

too sweet for me and Pinot Noir is probably my favorite wine😀 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I can't believe it's going to be new year's ... isn't it still March lol 😉

Hi Debbie, been a helluva year for all of us.........Kat started this thread back in March.

So we really only have 2.5 more days of 2020? THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Today is my Friday!  2 days off!  

Melody - how do you like your Chaco boots?   I am basically living in mine.  

I have to say I am getting a little freaked out about COVID again.  Found out an owner's kid (in his 20s) just  tested positive today.  He's been here since the middle of November.  We were asked by another property management Co if we could help them with their one unit in our place because all the staff at their office are out on quarantine because a few tested positive.  My one co-worker knows a bunch of workers at the ski area that have tested positive.  The town is busting out with tourists this week.  Many do not comprehend the concept that we are wearing masks to try to keep our town open.  My co-worker did go off on some kids here at the condos today who kept coming through the lobby without masks.  Personally I want to tell them their time is up and we are kicking them out...

I have no idea when I get my call to get vaccinated.  Hospitality workers aren't considered any special category.  So, I'll wait until they get to my age group.  Until then I may go back into hiding.  

Right now, this is the easiest job I've had.  With so many of the owners coming in and staying for weeks/months now, not so many check in/outs to do.  We're basically just sitting around the lobby, taking turns sitting behind the Front Desk to check emails and answer phones.  I'm feeling like a Major League Slacker, but I can't find much more to do.  With the COVID thing, I can see another possibility of ski areas shutting down and us shutting down before the end of the season.  So, I'm OK just sitting in front of the lobby fire day after day - beats hanging out at home every day.  

OOTD:  It was an all-Athleta day:  moto leggings, camo Tshirt, wrap.  Chaco boots.  Again, I was the best dressed of the staff.  Cracks me up.  I may have to downgrade my wardrobe a little 🤪

#WEARYOURDAMNMASK

• Like 2

Kat I had to return my Chacos. They were 2 different sizes!  I’m waiting for a correctly sized pair to come in. They were so nice, but a 9 and a 7 don’t work for size 8!!!

Hope everyone stays well. We just had someone test positive for the new strain of Covid in Elbert (Elbert is barely a spot on the map, I think they might have a gas station). 

Our next door neighbors both passed away from Covid this week (mid 80s). We’ll miss them both. The family is having the house cleaned by folks that clean crime scenes, kind of scary to see. 

• Like 1

Good morning friends, Melody, I read about that case and he has not traveled so you know that

strain is already here in the states.  Just have to wonder how many cases of it are happening........

This virus is really something😦

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat I had to return my Chacos. They were 2 different sizes!  I’m waiting for a correctly sized pair to come in. They were so nice, but a 9 and a 7 don’t work for size 8!!!

Hope everyone stays well. We just had someone test positive for the new strain of Covid in Elbert (Elbert is barely a spot on the map, I think they might have a gas station). 

Our next door neighbors both passed away from Covid this week (mid 80s). We’ll miss them both. The family is having the house cleaned by folks that clean crime scenes, kind of scary to see. 

OH NO!!!  Someone was definitely asleep at the wheel when they boxed up that "pair".  They are worth waiting for, though.  I get tons of good comments about them.  My Tevas from last year are now sitting in the corner, waiting for me to put them back in the rotation! 

It's not surprising that the variant as been discovered here.  Agreed that someone in Elbert was the person is a bit strange.  Out in the boonies.  I think I just heard that he was a member of the National Guard, so maybe he picked it up from someone on duty and that person just wasn't noted as having the variant.  That's the only way I can see it.  We haven't tested for the variant, only COVID/no COVID, so it's totally feasible that people had it but it wasn't noted.  

I think I'm going to just hunker down today at home.  With all the hoardes of tourists in town and people getting infected, I do NOT want to mingle with anyone!!!  Melody - so sorry to hear about the neighbors' passing.  It hits hard when you lose people you know.  I know we are all getting so sick and tired of this and not doing anything that we used to do.  But, it's life right now and we just have to persevere.  Love to all.  

• Like 1