for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 12/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, been a helluva year for all of us.........Kat started this thread back in March.

So we really only have 2.5 more days of 2020? THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!

Helluva year, understatement ! ;)   Esp. you, Melody, Kat with the medical issues thrown in for more "fun"  (not)   The great thing is that it seems all 3 of you are on your way to a much healthier & hospital free 2021 (knock on wood)

Had some super good news that our SIL received the "real" thing in the vaccine trial... we really thought he had received placebo, but the trial unblinded him today as a vaccine was available to him through his job...  He's fully vaccinated & I'm super grateful :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat I had to return my Chacos. They were 2 different sizes!  I’m waiting for a correctly sized pair to come in. They were so nice, but a 9 and a 7 don’t work for size 8!!!

Hope everyone stays well. We just had someone test positive for the new strain of Covid in Elbert (Elbert is barely a spot on the map, I think they might have a gas station). 

Our next door neighbors both passed away from Covid this week (mid 80s). We’ll miss them both. The family is having the house cleaned by folks that clean crime scenes, kind of scary to see. 

Melody, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors, it's so sad.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve.  Had dinner out tonight.  Tomorrow we will grill salmon and then New Year's Day will have fajitas and cowboy caviar.  Have to have those black eyed peas.  

I had dinner "out" as well, taco truck soup lol ;) as long as I didn't have to cook it or clean up much after, that counts, right?

Enjoy your New Years festivities :)

• Like 1

Lois, I've been watching the Florida over 65 folks lined up for vaccines...  are you going to join them, or wait till it dies down?  (& if this is none of my business, feel free to say so)  :classic_biggrin:   Actually, I'm not sure if you are even 65 yet...The way I am feeling lately about my fellow people at work, I wish I could drive to FL & get one,, except I"m only 53 :)

Happy New Year!

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, I've been watching the Florida over 65 folks lined up for vaccines...  are you going to join them, or wait till it dies down?  (& if this is none of my business, feel free to say so)  :classic_biggrin:   Actually, I'm not sure if you are even 65 yet...The way I am feeling lately about my fellow people at work, I wish I could drive to FL & get one,, except I"m only 53 🙂

Happy New Year!

I live in Florida too.  In our county they are setting up a reservation system.  Depending on how it is set up I will make a reservation when it is easy to do.  If it is by phone I will wait until it is easy to get through.  I figure in the next month or so I will be able to get in.  Everything is open here and we do all the activities we want to except for travel so I am not in that much of a rush.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, I've been watching the Florida over 65 folks lined up for vaccines...  are you going to join them, or wait till it dies down?  (& if this is none of my business, feel free to say so)  :classic_biggrin:   Actually, I'm not sure if you are even 65 yet...The way I am feeling lately about my fellow people at work, I wish I could drive to FL & get one,, except I"m only 53 🙂

Happy New Year!

Hi Debbie, I am 62 so not in that upper category yet....as for vaccines, yes I will get one...

Our state has been a mess. South Florida had lines of elderly people waiting for hours and hours and there seems to be no organization.

From what I have been reading, it is being done by County and I don't even know

how many vaccines have been distributed throughout the state

yet.   I am not waiting on line for 8 hours that is for sure.  January is tomorrow so I will wait

for a few weeks and see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, I am 62 so not in that upper category yet....as for vaccines, yes I will get one...

Our state has been a mess. South Florida had lines of elderly people waiting for hours and hours and there seems to be no organization.

From what I have been reading, it is being done by County and I don't even know

how many vaccines have been distributed throughout the state

yet.   I am not waiting on line for 8 hours that is for sure.  January is tomorrow so I will wait

for a few weeks and see what happens. 

You are right about Florida being a mess, every county is doing it differently and some have not even received any vaccine yet.   Our county, Brevard, had a call in system set up but when we called the number, we got a message that no one was available to answer so leave a message but the mailbox was full.  You could press 1 if you wanted assistance but when you did that, you got a busy signal and then were disconnected.  That evening, they announced there had been problems with the calling system.🙄. The next day, they put out an email address to send a message to schedule an appointment and then announced they had no more appointments available and they have no idea when they will get more vaccine.  What I thought was really funny/sad was they had allotted  3 hours each day M-F  to give vaccines but decided maybe they should increase it to 6 hours.  What a cluster ****. 

Melody, so sorry to hear about your neighbors, very sad. .  Kat, you should be able to qualify for the vaccine as having pre existing conditions but with every state doing it differently, who knows?  Florida is not following the recommendations from the CDC, evidently the governor is also a “stable genius” and knows more than the CDC.😂

Cruise Kitty, great news about your SIL.  That has to be a relief for you!  

We will be staying home for NY’s eve.  Everything is open in Florida but there is no way I will get out with our rising case numbers.  I am making a Tex-Mex meal and margaritas and we will probably find a movie on Net flicks.  Good times!!😂

OOTD: currently still wearing jammies but I will put on some exercise clothes in a few minutes to go  out for a walk.  Thinking about actually dressing up a little for our stay at home NYs, may at least put on a little make up. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

They just changed our status for vaccines to 1B. We’ll get the vaccines as soon as we can. 

Tonight we’ll watch the 9pm fireworks display on top of Pikes Peak (14,115’ mountain at the west side of town). They’re doing two displays for the 150th anniversary of the incorporation of Colorado Springs, 9 pm & midnight. 

hope everyone has a happy & healthy new year!  Melody

heres the last setting moon on 2020 

5FB36002-82EE-4F2E-84F5-2D3371E7F240.jpeg

AEFBADA8-AA69-4CF2-9141-7D8A8E2A5D0E.jpeg

• Like 2

Happy New Year's eve to everyone. It's been a quiet and gloomy end of year, at least for me. I have to hope and believe next year will be a better one than 2020.

Going by what Georgia currently proposes it could be April or May before I can get vaccinated. Hopefully the rest of my family in Florida will be able to get it much earlier than that.

We were going to order in some celebratory Chinese food tonight (Duck Peking) but found out yesterday the restaurant decided to close until January 2. :classic_mellow:  Par for the 2020 course, am I right??  Still trying to come up with a plan.

• Like 1

My state has a setup for who gets vaccinations that is a tad different.  Phase 1 (now) is front-line healthcare workers.  Long-term care patients & staff started on the 28th.  Other healthcare workers start mid-January.  School teachers & staff in Salt Lake City School district start Jan 8, other school districts start mid-Jan.   Phase 2 starts late Feb/early March.  People over 75 get priority.  Then my group, 65 and over with co-morbidities, tribal communities, ethnic and minority communities, the homeless and the incarcerated. The state hasn't decided the priority within that group yet other than the "over 75" set.  I'm willing to wait until the tribal communities get vaccinated because they have been truly affected by COVID.  Knowing the racial and religious demographics and private businesses of my state legislature, incarcerated will go to the top of the line, and minorities will go to the bottom.  Just sayin'...  That's life in Utah. 

I have my pork and sauerkraut ready for my New Years dinner.  But, I have to work tomorrow.  So, it's going to be thin-cut chops because I can broil them up in minutes.  And, I have a tasty beer cooling in the fridge to go with it!!  I guess I go with the German/PA. Dutch tradition - as long as I remember, it's been pork & sauerkraut.  

Hunkering at home again.  It's snowing off and on, and I have no need to go out.  So, my OOTD is my fleece hoodie dress.   

We have had some bad times this year, some more than others.  But, we have all survived and some out of it with new friends.  Wishing everyone here a MUCH better 2021!!

• Like 2

Hello All,

Just catching up on all the posts. The various state plans for vaccine distribution make for interesting reading. It’s too bad that each state is left to its own devices and everything is slowing down. Here in CA, there are various advocacy groups on the advisory committee that will make recommendations to another committee as to how the priority will be handled. At this point there are no plans for distribution of the vaccine other than to those in the first priority-medical front line and those in nursing homes and assisted living. All of those are easy to arrange compared to the rest of the population. I have listened On line to the committee meetings (they are all open yo the public) and so far it’s one advocacy group after another trying to claim that their group should be given priority. Lots of time wasting in my opinion. The gov, keeps referring everyone to a web site but that site is never updated in a timely manner. For all of us not in that first group, the website tells us to call our doctor to ask if their office will be giving the vaccine. However, calls to my doctor and to my husband’s doctor yielded the same answer- neither had been told anything about how their patients will obtain the vaccine. Since both these vaccines need special freezer storage, most doctors offices will not be able to accommodate. Perhaps very large clinics, hospitals etc will have the proper storage and staff to handle the vaccinations. There is apparently qualifications that must be met before anyone can administer the vaccine including training and reporting back to the state and CDC. Not a task that most doctors will want to take on right now. So far, there is no info as to how priorities will be handled, verified or where one will go. Nobody wants to go thru what Sherri described or what we all saw on TV-seniors lining up for hours only to be turned away because the vaccine ran out. The Federal govt and the states have known for months that the vaccines were coming. Plans  for distribution should already haven been worked out.  I can only speak for what I have observed here in CA. Perhaps other states have a handle on this? Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Joining everyone else in wishing all a happy, healthy new year. Looking forward to a return to normalcy, spending time with family and friends, travel and everything else that we have had to give up in 2020. 
Sharon

• Like 2

Happy New Year to all and I wish for all of you a joyful 2021!   This is my motto for 2021:  Everything  that has a beginning has an ending, so forget the past, plan for the future, and enjoy each moment in the present.  

Cheers to your best year yet!🥂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Good morning friends,  I also want to wish all of you a Very HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2021 and

thankfully 2020 is now in the rear view.  And when I say healthy, this year for sure.   I have had my share of health issues. 3 times in the hospital will be enough for the next say 10 years, thank you!

I really appreciate all of you and as for venting, thanks for listening and giving all of us a chance to express ourselves.

I know Kat started this thread because of this damn virus and so, if NOTHING

else came out of it, I am happy to call you my friends🙂

And a couple of different wishes.........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgl1NCW0BgPf6qIUsC6hejh_SjYs5xV2jnK2fEQzeb8CK-gG7-xyj_jJix-A&usqp=CAc

Happy New Year Messages Wishes Quotes 2021

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Let’s have a happy & healthy new year!

5223DEC7-A440-43CE-9D44-8686B720966E.jpeg

1E7843FC-E5B4-4829-8A09-C05C17D13AD4.jpeg

Hi Melody, do you mind if I share this on another thread I participate in? Really good thoughts

on it!

• Like 1

Happy New Year to my CC friends here, grateful for our little support group here :)

I hope everyone found some sort of way to ring in the new year, or at least light a fire on last year lol :)   

Ours actually turned out quite nice, we got take out food, which neither of us felt like eating, & instead we drank wine & watched the secret life of Walter Mitty (one of my favorites)  then at midnight, we went out on the porch to watch all the crazy fireworks....  a bunch of our neighbors came out on their porches as well & we all toasted to the new year, & then a neighbor bought out his trumpet & played taps....  very fitting ending to 2020 ;)

• Like 1

I just got some really good news (for me) that I want to share, but I hope it doesn't bring anyones mood down :)  

Pfizer is going to unblind everyone & vaccinate all of us by March 1st !   It will require an additional two year commitment for those who were originally placebo, but I'm good with that....  they are going in order by CDC,  so hopefully I should have vaccine #1 by end of January :)

I hope the vaccination schedule ramps up so that everyone can get vaccinated asap :)

-Debbie

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I just got some really good news (for me) that I want to share, but I hope it doesn't bring anyones mood down 🙂  

Pfizer is going to unblind everyone & vaccinate all of us by March 1st !   It will require an additional two year commitment for those who were originally placebo, but I'm good with that....  they are going in order by CDC,  so hopefully I should have vaccine #1 by end of January 🙂

I hope the vaccination schedule ramps up so that everyone can get vaccinated asap 🙂

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, that is great news👍

Just now, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, that is great news👍

thank you Lois,  I am thrilled, but there is a bit of guilt laid in there, especially since the vaccine rollout seems a bit of a mess when it comes to actually getting shots in people's arms...  I'm thinking that it will go smoother in the coming weeks.  There's a thread on the Celebrity board that seems to be dissolving into arguing about who should get the shots,  & I would hate to put something controversial on here :)

It does mean more blood draws & deep nasal swabs but to feel safer at work & see my grandkids more would be a dream :)

One more Happy New Year to everyone & wishes for shots asap :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

thank you Lois,  I am thrilled, but there is a bit of guilt laid in there, especially since the vaccine rollout seems a bit of a mess when it comes to actually getting shots in people's arms...  I'm thinking that it will go smoother in the coming weeks.  There's a thread on the Celebrity board that seems to be dissolving into arguing about who should get the shots,  & I would hate to put something controversial on here 🙂

It does mean more blood draws & deep nasal swabs but to feel safer at work & see my grandkids more would be a dream 🙂

One more Happy New Year to everyone & wishes for shots asap 🙂

I, too, think this is great and a well deserved thank you for being willing to participate in the study.   It is people like you who have made this vaccine possible so no reason to have any guilt.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

I, too, think this is great and a well deserved thank you for being willing to participate in the study.   It is people like you who have made this vaccine possible so no reason to have any guilt.

Sherri🙂

thank you Sherri!   I will feel a little guilty, but you bet I will be taking it :)