for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I still cannot comprehend what happened at the Capital yesterday 😢

I couldnt understand the entire day!  I have a whole bunch to say but I don't want to go to CC timeout. I actually stayed up until 3am to watch the whole thing.   I could another day off - yesterday just wore me out.

Went to my hair stylist today.  We chatted about yesterday.  We chatted about COVID.  We talked about camping.  For fun, she added a bunch of red to my hair.  Looks really shiny in light!  Then, next month, we can "lowlight" it with the usual brown to make cool stripes.  My hair is seeming to hold the red pretty well - is used to lose it's sheen after about 2 weeks - this time it looked good after 5 weeks.  It's the best we can to do play with my hair without bleaching/peroxiding.  And my hair is growing back out.  Right now it turns to lots of frizz but It's a good sign that it's coming back.  My "squirrel tail" pony tail may be back by late Summer!!!  Right now it's still kind of a rat's tail...

• Like 2

Hi Melody, I know what you mean.... The Capitol Building is where so much of the workings 

take place.   I was watching to see the count and then all of a sudden the news went to the

outside of the building.  I watched all day..........lets hope we can make through another 13

days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I couldnt understand the entire day!  I have a whole bunch to say but I don't want to go to CC timeout. I actually stayed up until 3am to watch the whole thing.   I could another day off - yesterday just wore me out.

Went to my hair stylist today.  We chatted about yesterday.  We chatted about COVID.  We talked about camping.  For fun, she added a bunch of red to my hair.  Looks really shiny in light!  Then, next month, we can "lowlight" it with the usual brown to make cool stripes.  My hair is seeming to hold the red pretty well - is used to lose it's sheen after about 2 weeks - this time it looked good after 5 weeks.  It's the best we can to do play with my hair without bleaching/peroxiding.  And my hair is growing back out.  Right now it turns to lots of frizz but It's a good sign that it's coming back.  My "squirrel tail" pony tail may be back by late Summer!!!  Right now it's still kind of a rat's tail...

Hi Kat, I watched all day too.......and we are in the same boat.  Can't post what I really feel

on here but I can say it was horrible.☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

I still cannot comprehend what happened at the Capital yesterday 😢

And you probably never will as it is incomprehensible.  I was watching the proceeding when all hell broke loose. Seeing it and hearing what rioters had to say afterwards has left me deeply deeply disturbed.  How much worse it must be for you as it is your country. My heart goes out to all of you.

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, I feel the same way about yesterday's goings on....  things I'd like to say, but would probably get in trouble ;)

On topic, just took a shower & back in jammies... 

Kat, let's not discuss the state of my hair lol :)   First thing I"m doing after vaccinations (& when salons reopen) is getting a haircut, Brazillain Blowout, mani & pedi... I look like someone who's lived in the backwoods somewhere for a few years lol :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, let's not discuss the state of my hair lol 🙂   First thing I"m doing after vaccinations (& when salons reopen) is getting a haircut, Brazillain Blowout, mani & pedi... I look like someone who's lived in the backwoods somewhere for a few years lol 🙂

That is so sad that your salons are closed.  Ours have been open since May in fact I am getting my mani/pedi today.  Goodbye red sparkly Christmas color and hello I am not sure what yet.  Maybe my go to silver sparkle.  

I had my first shot yesterday.  My arm is sore this morning but not as sore as my last flu shot.

• Like 2

Exciting news for us!  Last night Our network hospital sent out an alert saying they were taking appointments for the vaccine.  Within 5 min, we had appointments for this morning, the whole process to get one took about 5 min, much better than trying to get one through the county health department.  Appointments were all taken 35 minutes after the alerts.  Getting the vaccine was easy peasy!  My husband has a condition that attacks his immune system, so I have been very relieved he was able to do this.  I almost burst into tears when I watched him get his shot.

OOTD is currently a pair of khaki capris and a black t shirt, makeup and earrings! 

Cruise Kitty, I, too, will be happy to be able to go to a salon again. Even though our salons have been open since May, I have not thought it was a smart idea to go, especially with the concern I have had for my husband. I am planning to go a few weeks after my second vaccine, but I will still wear a mask. 

I agree with all of the comments regarding Wednesday’s debacle. 😞

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Our hair salons closed mid December. I was supposed to get a haircut just before then but my hairdresser had an emergency and had to cancel. It was supposed to end on the 12th but now has been extended to the 21st.  I have short hair.  My neck is sensitive and I cannot have anything touching it.  I will have to get DH to cut/clean up the back. That will be fun LOL

I am happy for all of you that will be able to get vaccinated sooner than later.   Our province has not been doing a good job with handling the virus.  All I know so far is that we are group 1B and depending on supply start time is maybe February.  With so far only 26k (population of 4.4 million) vaccinated I think we will be in for a long wait.

Edited by novice99
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 9:06 PM, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies, I feel the same way about yesterday's goings on....  things I'd like to say, but would probably get in trouble 😉

On topic, just took a shower & back in jammies... 

Kat, let's not discuss the state of my hair lol 🙂   First thing I"m doing after vaccinations (& when salons reopen) is getting a haircut, Brazillain Blowout, mani & pedi... I look like someone who's lived in the backwoods somewhere for a few years lol 🙂

I guess I'm lucky on that front with my hair.   I'm lucky with my stylist too.  She is taking extraordinary precautions herself since she has an autoimmune issue.  

A new low was reached at work while I was on my weekend.  Some hooligan(s) decided it would be funny to use their fingernail (or something) to etch a few penises into one arm of our 1-month old nice leather sofa in the public lounge!!!!  It fortunately isn't too deep, so we hope a leather person can get them out.  Can you believe it?????  The families will be gone Sunday - can't come soon enough.  

I felt like combat gear was appropriate for today so I wore my Athleta camo Tshirt with my leggings.  I may switch and wear my camo leggings tomorrow with a black Tshirt. I may wear ny motocycle boots too. Kids beware!!!

• Like 2

Kat, these hooligans (well named) are they children of owners?  If renters, ban them from returning. Do you have security cameras in the public lounge?  If not, Arlo is very inexpensive & works well. If so I’d take a screen shot of them doing the vandalism, get a police report, an insurance report & give the repair/replacement bill to the parents. That is just inexcusable. At a minimum I’d do a letter to all owners reminding them of their responsibilities regarding renters & the damage costs associated that will reflect in raising HOA costs. Can you tell I don’t like bratty little (or big) brats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Kat, these hooligans (well named) are they children of owners?  If renters, ban them from returning. Do you have security cameras in the public lounge?  If not, Arlo is very inexpensive & works well. If so I’d take a screen shot of them doing the vandalism, get a police report, an insurance report & give the repair/replacement bill to the parents. That is just inexcusable. At a minimum I’d do a letter to all owners reminding them of their responsibilities regarding renters & the damage costs associated that will reflect in raising HOA costs. Can you tell I don’t like bratty little (or big) brats. 

They are renter families.  And, unfortunately,  the condo they are renting is not one we manage.  Our GM is going through video to see if she can find out which kids did this.  She is already in contact with the property manager for the unit that they will NOT be welcomed back.  They will be billed!!!  

The snotty kid yet again came down to the lobby without a mask.  We grabbed one and made him put it on.  

One more day...

I am going to wear my camo leggings, a black Tshirt and my moto boots today.  If I could, I'd wear a black bandana on my hair.  I might put on my black & white keffiyeh as my scarf.  Ready for battle with the little felons...

• Like 1

@slidergirl  Need your opinion. I've only ordered from Athleta sporadically, and never tried any of their tights/leggings as I don't really like close-fitting wear. However, there is a patterned pair I like to go with a black hoodie for walking in the neighborhood, and they are on sale. Can you advise whether it's better to go with my normal size or go up a size if I prefer a looser fit?

• Like 1

Cruisemom, I wear a lot of Athleta too. If you want a looser fit go up the size, there’ll still be lots of stretch. They are designed as active wear which is something you want close to your body  Melody

Edited by awhfy

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Cruisemom, I wear a lot of Athleta too. If you want a looser fit go up the size, there’ll still be lots of stretch. They are designed as active wear which is something you want close to your body  Melody

Thanks -- I don't like tight-fitting clothing, not even for active wear. I prefer a nice yoga pant to tights/leggings!   But that's just me -- I also cannot stand turtlenecks or any tight-fitting hat.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks -- I don't like tight-fitting clothing, not even for active wear. I prefer a nice yoga pant to tights/leggings!   But that's just me -- I also cannot stand turtlenecks or any tight-fitting hat.

Which ones are you looking at?  They have some that are not tight at all. Some are lightweight and, even though they hug, they don't feel tight.   I will say that the Delancy herring one ones (I think they still have 1 of them) does get loose if you get a size up.  I bought the L 2 years ago.  Now, that I've lost weight and am a M, they are wearable but a bit loose in the legs.  

another one to look at is the Stella legging from Woolx.  Probably my all time favorite!!  They are so soft and comfy, they do not feel tight at all.  I wear them to work several times a week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Which ones are you looking at?  They have some that are not tight at all. Some are lightweight and, even though they hug, they don't feel tight.   I will say that the Delancy herring one ones (I think they still have 1 of them) does get loose if you get a size up.  I bought the L 2 years ago.  Now, that I've lost weight and am a M, they are wearable but a bit loose in the legs.  

another one to look at is the Stella legging from Woolx.  Probably my all time favorite!!  They are so soft and comfy, they do not feel tight at all.  I wear them to work several times a week.

It's the Salutation Stash Pocket II  -- and just went back to the website to check but my size is sold out in the pattern I liked. However, I might consider this one (in the black cheetah) if it goes on sale:   https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=631936012&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=Salutation stash pocket#pdp-page-content

Edited to add:  Just looked at the woolx ones -- I like the black snowflake but I'm afraid they would be too warm for regular use where I live.

Edited by cruisemom42

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

It's the Salutation Stash Pocket II  -- and just went back to the website to check but my size is sold out in the pattern I liked. However, I might consider this one (in the black cheetah) if it goes on sale:   https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=631936012&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=Salutation stash pocket#pdp-page-content

I have a pair of black Salutation stash pocket tights. I love them. I went up a size because they were compression type, but they are very comfortable and my phone fits in the pocket. Plus, they fit before I lost weight in 2019, when I was at my lowest, and as I gained it all back in 2020. I don't find myself tugging on them like some of the other fits. Plus, the 7/8 length works for my short self.

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I have a pair of black Salutation stash pocket tights. I love them. I went up a size because they were compression type, but they are very comfortable and my phone fits in the pocket. Plus, they fit before I lost weight in 2019, when I was at my lowest, and as I gained it all back in 2020. I don't find myself tugging on them like some of the other fits. Plus, the 7/8 length works for my short self.

Great info, thanks!! 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Edited to add:  Just looked at the woolx ones -- I like the black snowflake but I'm afraid they would be too warm for regular use where I live.

The last pair that I bought from Athleta was about 2 years ago - a camo capri that had zippered pockets.  It fits pretty compressive.  I also just looked at my delancy moto leggings:  No M available, so I got a L.  It fits very loose on me, from the butt down to the ankles.  

I wish I had my Woolx this summer, then I could have told you how they work in warm.  The wool Tshirts I have worked just fine in the summer in the 80s.  

My other pair that I wear all the time (including work when I put a pair of boots on) is a Lululemon Align II legging - my camo ones.  They are so soft that they definitely don't feel tight at all.  Otherwise, for fun wear I've got my couple of pairs of Sweaty Betty Everyday leggings that are lightweight, too.  Right now though, SB doesn't have any prints...  

Wish I could help more.  

• Like 1

Wow.  Everyone must be busy.  Or tired of us...

Thought I'd send a little photo of my view from my back patio.  

OOTD:  It's my Saturday and another "show" to watch.  I'm also kind of worn out from work.  I get tired still once in awhile.  So I'm watching TV in my new Woolx joggers and a Tshirt...  

Have a good day ladies.

IMG_0778.JPG

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Thought I'd send a little photo of my view from my back patio.  

OOTD:  It's my Saturday and another "show" to watch.  I'm also kind of worn out from work.  I get tired still once in awhile.  So I'm watching TV in my new Woolx joggers and a Tshirt...  

Have a good day ladies.

IMG_0778.JPG

Hi there :)  not busy or tired, just really depressed to be honest.   Our May cruise was cancelled yesterday, & I honestly thought it might be a go....back at work after quarantine, so yuck!   I should be getting my first vaccine March 1st, so I've got 46 days to try & avoid COVID lol

The photo is so Beautiful!!  Thank you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

LOL.  Truthfully, my days are all so same-y that sometimes I struggle to find anything to post about. I get up, eat breakfast, settle down to my computer and work for the next 9-10 hours with a brief lunch break (usually still on computer!).

After that -- dinner, a little TV, computer, reading then bed.

Also, like Debbie, I just had my last trip still on the books for 2021 -- BTB Med cruises in Sept/Oct -- canceled by Celebrity.  :classic_angry:

And to top things off, Georgia is doing a miserable job of vaccination. My county is still at 1A with no info when anyone other than the most high risk groups will be able to get vaccinated.

• Like 2

Good morning, I am still here too...........I have no clue when I will be able to get a vaccine

either.  The 65 and up group are eligible now and I am 62. 

I am not tired of us on here, just not much to post about (without getting my hand slapped

anyway).

I still have a cruise on the books for October. So far it is still there!

• Like 2

I am here but don't post much.  I am very busy and except for travel and having to wear a mask my life is back to normal.  I visit my son, go out to eat, get my nails done and have a volunteer job that is several days a week.  Our county did and is doing a very good job at rolling out the vaccines.  The first 2 days they opened to the over 65 population it was a bit of a mess but now they have a reservation system in place that people can sign up for and be in line for when a vaccine is available for them.  I got my first shot January 7th and will get my second February 2nd.  We don't have any cruises planned and won't until I know exactly what restrictions are in place.  Until then we may take a trip to South Dakota where I know things will be open with no restrictions, of course it is way too cold right now.  We are also thinking about a road trip to the Smokey Mountains but that would be much later in the year. I will have to find a house sitter first.  Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 1