for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

14 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Sherri & Sharon thank you!  My mom got her first shot today...  had to bully her into it lol 😉   my husband drove her since he's vaccinated...  funny thing is it started snowing when she was getting it...  my kids & I had a good laugh with some h**l freezing over lol 😉   

& yes, a much better system is needed 

That is really funny! 😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

We have appts for the vaccine!  February 2 for both of us. We each have a time slot at our local Safeway grocery store (like a Publix, Albertsons, etc). Our daughter found the link last night & I was able to make both of our appts in under 2 minutes. This after spending almost 2 hours on the phone yesterday trying to get an appointment. 

Congratulations, Melody!🥂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Hi girls, I had lunch with a friend who I used to work with and it was so fun😃.  We went to

Cooper's Hawk. Not sure if they are around the whole country or not but it was delicious.😃

I am in jeans with a burgundy long sleeved top.   Silver dangle earrings and a long silver 

beaded necklace. I even put some eye make up on!  It was so good seeing my friend again🙂

• Like 2

Hi Ladies :)   Lois, thanks for the heads up on the travel food show, definitely going to watch, we finally completely cut the cord with our directv & are just streaming now, much cheaper, & we can just watch what we want whenever, very nice :)

Melody, congrats!   Fantastic on your appointment :)  talked to mom this morning, her only reaction is a slightly sore arm :)

Lois, your lunch sounds wonderful!  & getting dressed up with makeup & jewelry must have felt so good & "normal"   Since I'm so close to getting my shots I'm trying not to go into work at all, so it's been sweats for me lol.

We've heard that outdoor dining & salons will open soon, it's been a year since I've had a mani or pedi, as soon as it's been a week after my second shot, I'm getting both, & a haircut...  then plan on having a celebratory outdoor dining experience, it's been so long :) 

Have a good day everyone :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I had lunch with a friend who I used to work with and it was so fun😃.  We went to

Cooper's Hawk. Not sure if they are around the whole country or not but it was delicious.😃

I am in jeans with a burgundy long sleeved top.   Silver dangle earrings and a long silver 

beaded necklace. I even put some eye make up on!  It was so good seeing my friend again🙂

Cooper’s Hawk is nationwide and one of our favorites, we used to go frequently .  when we lived in Indianapolis.  The closest one to us now is Orlando, we try to go every few months as we have a wine club membership so we usually have wine to pick up😂

Your outfit sounds very nice!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Boss is gone and I'm all alone...

Lois - I am sooo looking forward to the Stanley Tucci mini-series on Italy.  I think it starts Feb. 14.  Not sure what time, so it it's before 7:30pm, I'll have to hope for reruns.

We got a new computer at work today.  BUT, our old computer is on another network and we can't switch it.  So, we have to leave the old one up for our concierge email and the key card system.  But, I've been playing with it all day long - I'm not a Microsoft person but I can sometimes figure things out.  I was able to pull the Outlook Calendar and put it under my account and then make it sharable by everyone else.  We'll see if that works.  I got the IT guy (he's in Charlotte) to turn on network sharing on both computers so I can move files from the old computer to the new one as mirror folders/files so we can access them.  So, I got to play around a little so I can teach everyone else.  Instead of having our one Concierge login, we now have to have our own for the computer and email, making things a little wonky.   Since I have my own login, I could load up my Xfinity app and watch TV - we now have sound on this one!!!  

No Cooper's Hawk in UT.  Oh well.  

Today is my Friday and I have a 3 day "holiday" days off.  I asked if I could get a third off if it was slow and it is definitely slow.   One owner is showing up later because her DH got the dreaded COVID.  Other than that, just 3 arrivals - one Wed and two Thu.  If I get really bored, I can always come up here and show my 2 co-workers how to work things on the new computer.   Fat chance of that!!!

One owner forgot to cancel her Home Chef delivery so she told us to take it.  Boss took half and I took half - I've got 4 dinners worth of stuff.  Not bad.   Last night's Panda Express hit the spot - I got 2 of the chicken things that had veggies with them.  Not sure what I'm doing tonight since Home Chef is in the freezer here at work.  

OOTD:  trusty black leggings, a Banana Republic leopard print Tshirt and my gray Athleta wrap.  Chacos, of course.  

• Like 2

Hi Kat, the Italy show starts at 9:00 eastern time...........and each week it is followed by another

new series called "LINCOLN".   So food and history all in one night😃

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

For any of you interested, CNN is having a special next month about Italy and the food it

offers😀 starring Stanley Tucci....Searching for Italy.  It is a 6 part series that starts on

Feb 14th and it looks like it is going to be really fun and interesting!  Tuscany, Sicily, Rome,

Milan, Naples and Bologna are included. 

Can't wait for that!

I am so starved for travel content that I've started re-watching (probably for the third time) some of the old Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" episodes....

• Like 3

Good morning, Cynthia, you know I was thinking about Anthony when I saw some of the clips

of this new show...........he traveled to some fun AND some funky places around the world 

for sure.  It was really sad when he died..........

• Like 4

15 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Cooper’s Hawk is nationwide and one of our favorites, we used to go frequently .  when we lived in Indianapolis.  The closest one to us now is Orlando, we try to go every few months as we have a wine club membership so we usually have wine to pick up😂

Your outfit sounds very nice!

Sherri🙂

Never heard of Coopers Hawk, must be an East to Midwest chain. Sounds good tho

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Never heard of Coopers Hawk, must be an East to Midwest chain. Sounds good tho

You’re right, I thought there were some in California but evidently nothing farther west than Missouri.  Florida seems to have quite a few. 

OOTD: Going to the beach so swimsuit and coverup.  I bought 3 swimsuits for our 2020 cruises that all ended up being cancelled, by the time we get to cruise again, I’ll probably need to buy new ones!😂😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Cynthia, you know I was thinking about Anthony when I saw some of the clips

of this new show...........he traveled to some fun AND some funky places around the world 

for sure.  It was really sad when he died..........

Lois - When Stanley is doing the slow walk across the piazza at the end of the teaser, it reminded me immediately of Anthony - the same long-legged walk.    Somewhere, I found a 5 minute teaser of Stanley's show - it was about these old wine "windows" in Florence, where you'd ring a bell in the little window and a glass of wine would appear.  Only one still gives out wine.  An interesting little tidbit.  An old-style bar crawl!!

Cynthina - besides "No Reservations", have you gone through his "Parts Unknown" series?  It's out there somewhere.  It was the last of the series that he did.   You might be able to find "A Cook's Tour" out there, too - the first series he did.    I still give thanks for finding Bonci Pizzarium through his show!!!  

Sherrie - jealous that you are going to the beach!  I'm hunkering down for a plethora of snow on my 3 days off.  At least I don't have to drive anywhere.  

OOTD:  My Sweaty Betty lounging joggers and my old Hilton Head Tshirt.  No reason to do more...

• Like 2

Hi everyone :)  just watched the clip, very excited!  Cynthia, I now what you mean about starved for travel :)

I have one more late May cruise booked with MSC that has not been cancelled, it's a Norwegian Fjord one, & I'm stupidly hoping that it will go forward & we'll be allowed to go.   Even if we're not allowed off or if we have to take ships tours, I'm game :)

I'm sure it won't go, but it's a nice daydream when I should be doing work lol ;)

better get back to it..

have a great day everyone :)

On 1/25/2021 at 4:21 PM, cruise kitty said:

I finally managed to get appointments for my in laws 🙂   it's a drive through super pod site, but not sure how long they will have to wait even though they have appointment times,  Steve is going to drive them & just load up dad's wheelchair for just in case...  their appointments are Wednesday morning, keeping fingers crossed that it will go smoothly!   If it works out, Wednesday night might be my first real night of sleep in a while lol 😉

Catching up a bit today as it's slow. Congrats -- it must be a real load off your mind. Still waiting to hear some good news for my parents in Florida...

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthina - besides "No Reservations", have you gone through his "Parts Unknown" series?  It's out there somewhere.  It was the last of the series that he did.   You might be able to find "A Cook's Tour" out there, too - the first series he did.    I still give thanks for finding Bonci Pizzarium through his show!!!  

I've watched all of the "Parts Unknown" more recently. I think of all his series, I liked the "No Reservations" ones best though. He was still his normal smart-ass self without the weight of being a sort of self-appointed crusader.  Not that I disagree with most of his points, it's just a different kind of show when that happens.

• Like 1

Cynthia, what county do you parents live in? The reason I ask, there are some Publix stores

(in 3 or 4 counties) that offer vaccinations.......you need to make an appt but that is another

option--depending on where they live.

@cruisemom42  don't know what county they are in in FL but here are some phone numbers to try:

Appointments for DOH-Broward COVID-19 #vaccination sites can be scheduled using the new State appointment system starting immediately. Seniors ages 65 and older, and frontline healthcare workers, can call (866) 201-6313 to request an appointment. The TTY number is (833) 476-1526.

The phone number - 305-614-2014 - began accepting appointments at 2 p.m. Appointments can also be made at miamidade.gov/vaccine.

edit to add:  if they belong a church or synagog or any other religious or charitable organization there may be help with transportation or making appointments, good luck!

Edited by cruise kitty

Hey Debbie, that is so nice of you to post those phone numbers😀 if there are others who live

in South Florida they will help them too!   Dade County is Miami and Broward is Ft. Lauderdale

and surrounding area........I don't know where Cynthia's parents live but for some reason I 

think they are closer to me----which is the Northern part of the state.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

None in the middle of NC either. I've never heard of them.

Not in CA either :)   but we should have outdoor dining opening soon & I cannot wait!

& also, I had to go into office today just for a couple of hours, luckily no one there cause I was wearing sweats & a baseball hat over very messy hair, haven't blow dried it or fixed it in a long time lol...  I wash it & stick it in a bun & that's it.... going to be weird in about a month when I have to start doing hair, makeup, etc.    It's funny, I was at least looking civilized until about Halloween time, but I think the holidays bummed me out so badly that I just really let it all go.  Ready to get back on track with some better fashion, hair & makeup choices lol :)

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

None in the middle of NC either. I've never heard of them.

Cooper’s Hawk is in Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan,Missouri, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey Debbie, that is so nice of you to post those phone numbers😀 if there are others who live

in South Florida they will help them too!   Dade County is Miami and Broward is Ft. Lauderdale

and surrounding area........I don't know where Cynthia's parents live but for some reason I 

think they are closer to me----which is the Northern part of the state.

Yes, that's right -- they are in Jacksonville.

Good morning,  oh they do live here!  Well, unfortunately no Publix in this county have vaccines

set up. .I know there are 2 Senior Centers who are doing them but I don't know how many doses are available or what the timeframe is for appts.  I know I will not be eligible for a while since I am 62.

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Not in CA either 🙂   but we should have outdoor dining opening soon & I cannot wait!

& also, I had to go into office today just for a couple of hours, luckily no one there cause I was wearing sweats & a baseball hat over very messy hair, haven't blow dried it or fixed it in a long time lol...  I wash it & stick it in a bun & that's it.... going to be weird in about a month when I have to start doing hair, makeup, etc.    It's funny, I was at least looking civilized until about Halloween time, but I think the holidays bummed me out so badly that I just really let it all go.  Ready to get back on track with some better fashion, hair & makeup choices lol 🙂

I know exactly what you mean!  I was "au natural" from March 16 until November 20.  Then, I had to start getting in a mode to at least get up to the casual standard for work.  All I  do is a little eyeliner and add some "fill" to my eyebrows which haven't yet grown all the way back.  I brush on some Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer on my face so I don't look like Casper's sister.  I brush my hair and some days I just pull it  back in a little tail.  I make sure my clothes are at least clean (not like when I'm lounging around the house).  I shudder to think what I'd have to do if I had to get all dressed up in my business wear!!!!!  

Woke up this morning to the sound of avalanche bombs being set off on the ridgeline here.  With all the different snow and thaw cycles we've had, the snowpack is extremely unstable and dangerous.  Mountain Patrol goes up and sets of bombs and shoots artillery shells into the ridge to try to set off avalanches before yahoos get up there to ski and get caught in them.  

OOTD:  what I started wearing yesterday.  I changed into my Woolx joggers and a Tshirt and my red Patagonia jacket because I forgot I had to go into town to the Xfinity office to replace the cable box for my bedroom TV that died 3 nights ago.  Not going anywhere other than my mailbox today, so the re-wear is OK and I don't care...

• Like 2