for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Phew!  Just finished setting up the new cable box in the bedroom.  I forgot 1)the cable connector is behind the one solid back of my bookcase and 2)I hadn't dusted back there in probably years.  Ugh!.  Fortunately I have a good light that can be twisted to fit anywhere, a little Swiffer duster and a skinny arm. I got out the old cable cable (probably 20+years old) and twisted in the spiffy new one (It suposedly outputs less "noise" than the old coax).  This cable box has an HDMI plug so I got to uninstall the old coax for the TV for inut and plug in the new HDMI cable.  A little messing around trying to find where to enable HDMI on my TV (never had it), and activating the box online and I was good to go!  It did take a lot longer than I thought it would.  But, I now have full-screen TV instead of the 3/4 screen I've had since I  bought the TV back in 2009.    Between this and working to get the new PC at work going, I've been a little techie lately.  

Now, my eyes hurt from the dust and my nose is all messed up.  Better be worth it!!!

• Like 2

Went out for a bite yesterday & rediscovered our favorite food truck, Chef Bob’s Lobstah Truck. This lobster roll (minus the roll) had 8 claws (I counted). Yummy. 

Kat, congrats on the HDMI install, you’ll be happy with the upgrade  Melody

EFA1BC72-C94C-40E8-A6CE-D8126918C007.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Went out for a bite yesterday & rediscovered our favorite food truck, Chef Bob’s Lobstah Truck. This lobster roll (minus the roll) had 8 claws (I counted). Yummy. 

Wow!  that lobster looks scrumptious!   And, that's how I get my lobster - on lettuce.  My hole-in-the-wall place (they graduated from just a food truck) here in town puts it in butter lettuce cups.  Man, now I want some...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

that looks so good!   We're going to order take out tonight, french dip sandwiches :)

• Like 1

That does look delicious😃 I went out for lunch today at Cheesecake Factory. No, I didn't

order anything for dessert.  I had a California Club on whole wheat toast.......it was sooooo

good👍 and instead of french fries on the side I ordered a dish of fresh spinach.....I must

say it was really good.  There was garlic in it!

• Like 2

Hi everyone!  raining cats & dogs here with thunder & lightning !   Supposed to go do a photo shoot & write up for a new home in about a half hour, might have to take our little putt putt boat lol.;)

Seriously, it's an insane amount of rain, poor cats are hiding under the covers...  

Well, going to suck it up & get dressed, will  wear black leggings, long sleeved black boat neck tee, waterproof booties, khaki/tan ruana & big felt hat... gong to do my brows & put on some mascara, rest will be covered by mask :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi everyone!  raining cats & dogs here with thunder & lightning !   Supposed to go do a photo shoot & write up for a new home in about a half hour, might have to take our little putt putt boat lol.;)

Seriously, it's an insane amount of rain, poor cats are hiding under the covers...  

Well, going to suck it up & get dressed, will  wear black leggings, long sleeved black boat neck tee, waterproof booties, khaki/tan ruana & big felt hat... gong to do my brows & put on some mascara, rest will be covered by mask 🙂

• Man, that's a LOT of rain!!!  It looks like I'm going to get only a little of the snow from this one in a few days.  I like the hat idea - I have a wool felt cowboy hat that I wear when I'm going out in the snowy/sleety weather.   I save my favorite hats for better weather.  You sound like you're stylin' to go out today!!  

Lois - I do enjoy a trip to CF every once in awhile.  I have an affinity for their Chinese Chicken Salad.  I get the full size one so I have take-home for another meal.  I have never had a piece of cheesecake there.  

Today is Fish Truck day here. This guy comes up from Salt Lake once a month.  He sells fish & chips.  Nothing else.  The fish is line-caught cod from  Alaska.  We line up for it.  I guess I have to get out of my loungewear to go there as I always see someone I know lined up to get their fish.  The company, On the Hook, started as 1 truck, now has a bunch in several western states. Melody - they have one in Colorado, keep an eye on it's schedule om thir website.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Wow!  that lobster looks scrumptious!   And, that's how I get my lobster - on lettuce.  My hole-in-the-wall place (they graduated from just a food truck) here in town puts it in butter lettuce cups.  Man, now I want some...

My food truck is opening a storefront next month. I’ll be able to get haddock & scallops as well as the lobster. I’m so excited. The owner is from 5 miles from where I grew up, we had quite a chat. He imports from Maine & Mass. I asked him how he was able to. He said lots of folks from Mass like their seafood & that my review on Trip Advisor really helped push his business along. I didn’t realize my review had over 1500 views from Colorado!

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

• Man, that's a LOT of rain!!!  It looks like I'm going to get only a little of the snow from this one in a few days.  I like the hat idea - I have a wool felt cowboy hat that I wear when I'm going out in the snowy/sleety weather.   I save my favorite hats for better weather.  You sound like you're stylin' to go out today!!  

Lois - I do enjoy a trip to CF every once in awhile.  I have an affinity for their Chinese Chicken Salad.  I get the full size one so I have take-home for another meal.  I have never had a piece of cheesecake there.  

Today is Fish Truck day here. This guy comes up from Salt Lake once a month.  He sells fish & chips.  Nothing else.  The fish is line-caught cod from  Alaska.  We line up for it.  I guess I have to get out of my loungewear to go there as I always see someone I know lined up to get their fish.  The company, On the Hook, started as 1 truck, now has a bunch in several western states. Melody - they have one in Colorado, keep an eye on it's schedule om thir website.  

I’ve been to On the Hook, it’s ok; but Chef Bobs Lobstah Trap is so much better!!!

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

My food truck is opening a storefront next month. I’ll be able to get haddock & scallops as well as the lobster. I’m so excited. The owner is from 5 miles from where I grew up, we had quite a chat. He imports from Maine & Mass. I asked him how he was able to. He said lots of folks from Mass like their seafood & that my review on Trip Advisor really helped push his business along. I didn’t realize my review had over 1500 views from Colorado!

That's just like my place!  Started as a food truck.  He's from Maine and gets his lobsters flown in daily by a friend who is a lobsterman.  He won the "World's Best Lobster Roll" competition back in 2017 against all those New England places.  His "brick" place has seating for 10 - not a big place.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’ve been to On the Hook, it’s ok; but Chef Bobs Lobstah Trap is so much better!!!

We take what we can get.  I like it once a month.  The sirracha aoli is a spicy touch to dip the fish.  The fries are nice and crispy.  I'm not a fish & chips person, but I do like his.  I was lucky - when I got there, only 6 others were in line.  Bad thing - I didn't wear a coat and it started to snow.  Good thing I was wearing a hoodie!!  

• Like 1

Good morning friends, I was just thinking about things........can ya'll believe it is now the last

day of January 2021? I was just going back in my mind what has happened since last Janaury.

I had just retired (Dec 2019) and had gone on a Carribean Cruise in January 2020........(last 

cruise I sailed).  I was coming home to a new life of retirement.  AND planning for a BIG 6 week

cruise to celebrate.....well, we all know what happened to that......So, the next couple of months

rolled around and I was so looking forward to April, but a damn virus came and shot down all

of our plans.  Well, then I had the ER episode and found out about my kidney failure.......shock

to the system. So the summer came and went, I felt much better but that virus continued to

slam us.....then the fall came and I had the 2nd and 3rd episodes of the ER with my bleeding

ulcer---but am better from that too.............yet, still that damn virus is STILL spreading.  

Now it is 2021-----all of our lives have been affected (I know it is just not me) but thanks for

listening to me vent.

Anyway, let's see what happens going forward and I am happy all of you are here and that

we still chat and hopefully we will continue to be here😀..........just makes you think about

things sometimes..........

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends, I was just thinking about things........can ya'll believe it is now the last

day of January 2021? I was just going back in my mind what has happened since last Janaury.

I had just retired (Dec 2019) and had gone on a Carribean Cruise in January 2020........(last 

cruise I sailed).  I was coming home to a new life of retirement.  AND planning for a BIG 6 week

cruise to celebrate.....well, we all know what happened to that......So, the next couple of months

rolled around and I was so looking forward to April, but a damn virus came and shot down all

of our plans.  Well, then I had the ER episode and found out about my kidney failure.......shock

to the system. So the summer came and went, I felt much better but that virus continued to

slam us.....then the fall came and I had the 2nd and 3rd episodes of the ER with my bleeding

ulcer---but am better from that too.............yet, still that damn virus is STILL spreading.  

Now it is 2021-----all of our lives have been affected (I know it is just not me) but thanks for

listening to me vent.

Anyway, let's see what happens going forward and I am happy all of you are here and that

we still chat and hopefully we will continue to be here😀..........just makes you think about

things sometimes..........

Hi Lois, and let’s toast to your last paragraph with some hot chocolate, adding one thing-May 2021 hurry up and get better for all of us😊.

Sharon

Well somehow my response to Lois’s post is now part of her post so it’s not showing up unless you expand the quote. Have no idea how that happened? ?

Guess I will just  repeat my response-

Hi Lois, and let’s toast to your last paragraph with some hot chocolate, adding one more thing-may  2021 hurry up and get better for all of ua😊.

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 2

@Lois R yes, what a year you've had!   It's crazy to think of everything that you went through, & all during a pandemic.  I am actually drinking hot chocloate (with baileys of course) & toasting to a better year for all of us, I'm hoping that by early summer, we are all enjoying some normal things, friends, family, restaurants, regular haircuts, shopping for clothes, & travel!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, I have an electric milk frother & use the 40 calorie swiss miss cocoa & froth it with the baileys, it's heaven!

Debbie, that sounds amazing! Need to put Bailey’s on the shopping list. Already have the cocoa mix and a frother. 

• Like 1

Good morning girls..........I don't own any of the ingredients or the frother😧.....

And do we have anyone on here who lives up in the Northeast? The weather looks HORRIBLE.........

Snowstorm is supposed to be going on for multiple days..........please be safe!

• Like 1

I have a Blendjet - a USB-powered mini blender to make my tasty beverages.  It's darn powerful - it'll crush ice.  It goes with me when I go camping.  If I start traveling other than to camp, it'll go with me.  It would make a GREAT item to take on a cruise!!!!   Look it up.  Never know when I want a tasty beverage...

The weather in the NorthEast sounds just brutal.  Snow storms there are the worst - heavy cement snow, maybe freezing rain, nasty winds.   Not a good time to need to go out!  Not even the dogs want to go out...

Lois - you indeed had one bad 2020.  But, you came through it!!!  Keep doing what you're doing.  A good reminder that we need to celebrate every day!!  I'm glad I have gotten to "know" you through CC!

• Like 1

I'm happy to say my parents finally have appointments to get their first round of the vaccine. :classic_biggrin:  My sister and BIL deserve medals for getting it nailed down. They got theirs earlier but had to stand in long lines that wouldn't have worked for mom & dad.

Now it is just my DS and myself -- given that we are not in any high-risk group, and Georgia's sloooow rollout, it could still be a while for us.

Very windy with strong gusts here today and cold. We are lucky to be south of the snow. Still it was windy enough to knock over my very solid wood porch glider early this morning!

• Like 2