for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Debbie, glad you finally got your first dose. Yep, sore arm is pretty common.mine is much better today. Every day we receive texts from V-safe and that is one of the questions. Yes, being able to do a few things with less worry is a real plus. 

We too have had a few interesting take out situations. Saturday night we ordered online but for some unknown  reason the order never went thru but our cc was charged-4 times! Restaurant had no record of our order so there was no way to cancel the charges. Charges are pending but I’m keeping an eye on the account.  Guess we will cross that restaurant off the list.

PH, moving to the icu can’t be a good sign. Hope he is ok.

Kat, was that avalanche near PC? News just said UT. That must have been pretty scary for those involved. 

Lous, that mattress guy’s story was on the news tonight. He plans to give mattresses to customers in need. Nice that he is sharing his fortune

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Debbie, glad you finally got your first dose. Yep, sore arm is pretty common.mine is much better today. Every day we receive texts from V-safe and that is one of the questions. Yes, being able to do a few things with less worry is a real plus. 

We too have had a few interesting take out situations. Saturday night we ordered online but for some unknown  reason the order never went thru but our cc was charged-4 times! Restaurant had no record of our order so there was no way to cancel the charges. Charges are pending but I’m keeping an eye on the account.  Guess we will cross that restaurant off the list.

PH, moving to the icu can’t be a good sign. Hope he is ok.

Kat, was that avalanche near PC? News just said UT. That must have been pretty scary for those involved. 

Lous, that mattress guy’s story was on the news tonight. He plans to give mattresses to customers in need. Nice that he is sharing his fortune

take out roulette ;)   

• Like 1

Our son got some upsetting news today. One of his best buddies from the Marine Corps was taken to the hospital this morning, has already had one cardiac surgery (may have another later today & is in CCU. Guy just turned 40. In great health. Needless to say our son is very upset. 

Hi Melody, so sorry about your son's friend......sending all good thoughts.

Sharon, sounds like someone's credit card machine was funky or trying to pull one.......your

credit card company should definitely be notified and if those charges don't go away they

should advocate on your behalf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Our son got some upsetting news today. One of his best buddies from the Marine Corps was taken to the hospital this morning, has already had one cardiac surgery (may have another later today & is in CCU. Guy just turned 40. In great health. Needless to say our son is very upset. 

I'm so sorry, is it covid related, or just a unknown heart issue?  That's so young :(

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, so sorry about your son's friend......sending all good thoughts.

Sharon, sounds like someone's credit card machine was funky or trying to pull one.......your

credit card company should definitely be notified and if those charges don't go away they

should advocate on your behalf.

Hi Lois, looked at my cc account this morning and all 4 pending charges had been taken off. . I figured that would happen since the restaurant said they had never received the order. Probably an IT issue. Wonder how many others had the same problem? 

Melody, hope your son’s friend will be ok. He is so young yo have those serious heart conditions. Hopefully, being in good physical condition will help him to recover quickly.

Sharon

• Like 2

Melody - that had to be a huge shock to your son.  Like Sharon said, that is young for serious heart issues.  

Two avalanches have been on our side of the Wasatch here in Park City.  One man killed while his wife could only watch it happen.  Another man, a local, killed going alone.  The one that killed 4 happened just on the other side, about maybe 5 miles as the crow flies.   Our local avalanche center has been telling people to not go at all.  The snow pack at the beginning was too thin and it just can't hold the new stuff.   Our ski area here (Park City Mountain) closed all their backcountry access gates that people can reach from a chair lift to go off-site.  They have all sorts of "danger - you can die" and other signs out all the time.  But, some people think they can go and are not properly prepared for possible survival in an avalanche (beeper, avalanche vest, probes).   I never had any desire to go backcountry.  I was definitely good enough to handle it, but the avalanche possibilities kept me away.  

I think I put the fear in the snot-nosed kids last night.  I told them if I saw them one more time without masks, I was going to their parents.  They had masks today.  But, 2 of the dads didn't.  And, one yelled at me "did you break the machine AGAIN???" when I was just cleanng the coffeemaker.  Note - I did not break the machine - we first ran out of cocoa mix and then there was a clogged hose that kept any coffee from comng out.  I was actually filling the cocoa that we just got when he saw me with the machine open.  I wanted to say "if your entitled children would actually DRINK what they make instead of making multple versions and leave messes everywhere it might not have broken."   The kids used up all the sugar packets I had out out last night.  I decided to not put out anymore...  They leave tomorrow!!!  But, I'm off the next 2 days anyway.   

I was in Las Vegas for a networking convention back awhile.  It happened to be Final Four week.  So, I put some money on the underdog to lose, but beat the spread (not lose by the number of points the oddsmakers put up).  They beat the spread by 1 point!!!!  So I won $50.  Enough for a lunch in Vegas.   That was the extent of my sports betting.  I didn't see a second of the Super Bowl - I was working.  Not that I really cared about it anyway. 

• Like 2

Son’s friend is recovering. Thanks for the well wishes. Quintuple byoass at 39. No family history, zero indications. He’s lucky his wife realized something was really wrong & got the ambulance. Docs said any longer he wouldn’t have made it. Scary

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Son’s friend is recovering. Thanks for the well wishes. Quintuple byoass at 39. No family history, zero indications. He’s lucky his wife realized something was really wrong & got the ambulance. Docs said any longer he wouldn’t have made it. Scary

Hi Melody, good morning.......WOW......that is pretty scary especially since he has no family

history of heart disease.  So glad he is now recovering!

• Like 2

Like others have said, good to hear he is recovering.  That's some major surgery to have out of the blue.  

Lazy day yesterday and today.  Quick and easy visit to the dentist office.  My new hygenist did a good job cleaning my teeth.  My dentist always checks up after to see if everything is OK.  My baby tooth is still holding firm in there!   I went to Trader Joe's afterward.  Picked up some goodies.  Usual stuff.  Plus the new tomato and dumpling soup.  Comes in a Mason Jar.  I'm going to have it tonight for dinner, along with a grilled cheese sandwich made with the "Mustard and Ale" cheddar cheese from there.  Sounds to be a good dinner!  I shall see.  Today, in about 2 hours, I have my appointment with my hair stylist - we didn't have to reschedule.  It's just a "skunk stripe" touch up and getting rid of bad ends.  We're trying hard to let all that we can do to have it all grow all back, so we do the least we have to.  

Watching the new "show" on TV the past 2 days.  Scary as Hell.  Sad that the outcome is already cooked, though.  I have new respect for Rep. Raskin.  Doing all he's done as well and as professional as he has, seeing how he had to deal with the suicide of his son and had the ability to put together a tight set of Articles and a very tight presentation.  

I'm jealous that all are getting their vaccinations.  I still have weeks to wait.  My dentist did make a joke about it - he'd hire me and I could sweep floors for a week, get a paycheck, then he'd get me a vaccine under "essential health care"...  

OOTD:  my Woolx joggers and my Renegade Bunny Tshirt.  Yesterday I had my Sweaty Betty "leopard" leggings with my black hoodie sweater and my faded red Hell's Backbone Grill baseball hat.  My dentist wanted the leggings!  All the girls laughed and said I wore them better than he would - I had the legs for them.   Nice when you can have a good time at the dentist!!!

• Like 1

Hi Kat,  I have been watching the same show.  And yes, my heart goes out to Jamie Raskin 

as well.  And I am sure you heard the story he told yesterday.  I got choked up after hearing

it.    

Our weather got really nice today----it is about 70! And the sun is out......I am in a short sleeved

lavender/white stripe knit top and a pair of purple knit crop pants. 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat,  I have been watching the same show.  And yes, my heart goes out to Jamie Raskin 

as well.  And I am sure you heard the story he told yesterday.  I got choked up after hearing

it.    

Our weather got really nice today----it is about 70! And the sun is out......I am in a short sleeved

lavender/white stripe knit top and a pair of purple knit crop pants. 

Yes, I heard the story.  It was heartbreaking indeed.

We're sitting here at about 37 right now, waiting for the snow to start in about an hour.  Supposed to go off and on until Saturday night.  Winter Storm Warning, too.   Oh what fun... NOT.  

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Yes, I heard the story.  It was heartbreaking indeed.

We're sitting here at about 37 right now, waiting for the snow to start in about an hour.  Supposed to go off and on until Saturday night.  Winter Storm Warning, too.   Oh what fun... NOT.  

We’re below zero & snow here, it’ll be an inside weekend for sure!!

We went out for dinner last night, fabulous meal!  Yes I took a picture of the salt & pepper on the table, it wasn’t an individual packet. Fabulous salad; fantastic fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, scallops & Roma tomatoes; but oh my the dessert!!!  Bumbalina, Italian donut with cannoli cream & raspberry sauce...I almost lapped the plate. Melody

CD04E847-EFE6-4A2B-8CD5-4C84B7BEB7D3.jpeg

ACA18DE3-3D53-4637-B0F7-C0F1BF8A66EA.jpeg

71F75FE3-D49A-466C-BE7B-2F8322FEE09C.jpeg

6FE44619-C3DF-4CC0-BFC0-46EBB741D1C2.jpeg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Melody, looks sooo good!  it's been a week since my first shot, so in two more weeks we will get to eat out too!   

Lois & Kat, I've been listening to the same show on the radio & watching highlights of the videos on news... even worse than I thought...

Debbie,  both sides have finished......they are now having the questioning period...........

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, the food looks fantastic😀 salt shakers and all!  Was this a local eatery?

It’s a family owned Italian restaurant, it was featured on Diners, Drive-in etc a couple of years ago. Took us 35 years to find a good Italian restaurant out here!

Melody, the food looks amazing!  

It has been over two weeks since our second shot, so we decided to drive up to VA for our grandson’s11th birthday.  It is freezing here, big ice storm today so not going anywhere.😂.   OOTD: jeans, long sleeved tshirt, sweatshirt and heavy socks.  I am so cold😂😂

Sherri 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Melody, the food looks amazing!  

It has been over two weeks since our second shot, so we decided to drive up to VA for our grandson’s11th birthday.  It is freezing here, big ice storm today so not going anywhere.😂.   OOTD: jeans, long sleeved tshirt, sweatshirt and heavy socks.  I am so cold😂😂

Sherri 🙂

sheri, congrats on getting to visit!    Doesn't it feel amazing to do semi normal things?   We had a socially distanced visit with our older DD, SiL, & grandkids last night, set up 4 lawn chairs about 10 feet apart in front yard, they bought food & Steve got to play wildly with the little ones, after my second shot, I'll get to do the same :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

sheri, congrats on getting to visit!    Doesn't it feel amazing to do semi normal things?   We had a socially distanced visit with our older DD, SiL, & grandkids last night, set up 4 lawn chairs about 10 feet apart in front yard, they bought food & Steve got to play wildly with the little ones, after my second shot, I'll get to do the same 🙂

It is amazing to spend time with the grandkids and to hug them without worrying about the virus.   I’m sure you had a good time with yours, even with social distancing but will be hugging them soon!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2