for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Happy Valentines Day everyone, still in my robe, but will put on shorts & tank top & go hiking in a bit...   on topic, I recently bought those weird Vibrum 5 toe shoes for hiking & I love them... they are very ugly, but super comfy for me, & grip loose rocks pretty well...  got them on clearance on amazon because they are a very weird turquoise/canary yellow color combo...  not my usual scheme of neutrals, but they work :)

All by myself at work.  Co-worker got here 1.5 hours late, so only fair that she leaves 1.5 hours early...  

Happy Valentines Day All!   I'll celebrate when I get home - some leftover Butternut Bisque from a good local private chef (left frozen in an owner's freezer and told to take it home), a Balsamic chicken breast from Trader Joe's that has to be eaten today.  Beverage will be a can of Uinta Free Form low cal/low carb Rose` Ale.  Can't go wrong with a beer that is 5 carbs!!!  

Crazy busy at work - we're full.  Mostly nice folks.  Only 1 "gentleman" who got all up in one of my co-workers' face because they showed up at 11am and we don't do check ins until 5pm AND the unit was not cleaned yet.  I love it when they mansplain it to us that he is in hospitality (they always are) and the guest is right.  "Some one" told him that he could come in early.  It's always "some one" that doesn't exist because we NEVER say come on down early.  To calm him, we allowed them to change into their ski clothes in our one HOA unit that was not used.  We kept their bags until the unit was ready, then took them up to the unit.  I inspected the unit to make sure everything worked and was ready when they got back from skiing.  His wife must have let him have it - he came back rather contrite and tipped all 3 of us $20 each.  Hey, I'll take lunch money anytime!

Melody - we got the snow but fortunately not the cold, lows in the teens and highs in the upper 20s.  But, we're going to get slammed again with more snow the next 3 days, maybe a little more than a foot total.  

I'm so jealous of everyone who got their vaccinations so far.  I just keep counting the days.  Someone told me to drive down to Utah County in the evening - they'll give a vaccination to anyone waiting so they don't have to toss it.  I don't know if I'm that desperate yet!!!  

OOTD:  a comfy old lt. gray Athleta hoodie sweater and my Woolx leggings that have the side pockets - handy when I don't have pockets in my hoodies.  

I've got to finish my End of day chores so I can get out of here at 7.  Later ladies!

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I'd say if the road conditions are safe, take the drive, that way you have way, way less worries at work :)  nice that the guy (or his wife) realized the error of his ways & offered a little tip, like you said lunch (or wine money)  

Had a nice hike, actually drove to Laguna Trails, & on the way home stopped at Bristol Farms for treats to make at home :)

• Like 2

Happy Valentine’s day everyone. I hope the day was a nice one for all. 

Lois, we watched the Stanley Tucci series tonight. All I can say is that it was a good thing that we had eaten because those featured dishes looked and sounded sooooo good! It’s interesting how different the cooking styles are from region to region. Looking forward to more episodes. Thanks for suggesting it.

For all in the path of bad weather, stay safe. Kat, it must be kinda stressful driving to and from work on snowy, icy roads. In the low 60’s here so I wore my jean jacket with black jeans and a red shirt today when we went out to see the fruit tree blossoms. Discovered that it’s a bit early for full bloom so may try again in a bit later in the season.  Those already in bloom were lovely. 

Wishing all a good week.

Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning,  Sharon, I saw the show as well......I miss Italy........Stanley and whoever is 

producing this are both doing an excellent job and that is only part 1!😃  The food, the desserts, the tomato groves......and that part about Scampia......I don't

ever remember learning about that........it was all so interesting. And when

they got stuck in that restaurant during that storm as well!

Speaking of storms.........hoping all of you who have been affected by the

horrible weather around the country will all be safe!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Lois, we watched the Stanley Tucci series tonight. All I can say is that it was a good thing that we had eaten because those featured dishes looked and sounded sooooo good! It’s interesting how different the cooking styles are from region to region. Looking forward to more episodes. Thanks for suggesting it.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  Sharon, I saw the show as well......I miss Italy........Stanley and whoever is 

producing this are both doing an excellent job and that is only part 1!😃  The food, the desserts, the tomato groves......and that part about Scampia......I don't

ever remember learning about that........it was all so interesting. And when

they got stuck in that restaurant during that storm as well!

Oh no, I missed it. I got it into my head that it was starting on the 15th!

Anyone know if they are going to air a repeat sometime during the week?

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh no, I missed it. I got it into my head that it was starting on the 15th!

Anyone know if they are going to air a repeat sometime during the week?

Hi Cynthia....do you have "ON DEMAND"? You could always go there and tell your remote,

"Searching For Italy" and see if it pops up........although, I am sure they will re-peat it sometime

but I don't have that exact date........the next one is this Sunday night, Feb 21st.

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia....do you have "ON DEMAND"? You could always go there and tell your remote,

"Searching For Italy" and see if it pops up........although, I am sure they will re-peat it sometime

but I don't have that exact date........the next one is this Sunday night, Feb 21st.

I don't have On Demand. Not that much of a TV watcher under most circumstances... Just knowing CNN they often repeat a new show at some other time during the week (or even right before the new episode) if someone knows how to search...

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I don't have On Demand. Not that much of a TV watcher under most circumstances... Just knowing CNN they often repeat a new show at some other time during the week (or even right before the new episode) if someone knows how to search...

Cynthia, I missed it too... :(   It looks like it will rerun on February 20th, my schedule says 8pm, but I am on the west coast, so don't know if it makes a difference.

Ladies, another food/travel show that I enjoyed was Bobby & Giada in Italy...  gave me at least a little taste of travel :)

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Cynthia, I missed it too... 😞   It looks like it will rerun on February 20th, my schedule says 8pm, but I am on the west coast, so don't know if it makes a difference.

Ladies, another food/travel show that I enjoyed was Bobby & Giada in Italy...  gave me at least a little taste of travel 🙂

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

****Debbie is correct.......I just went back and searched again*****

Episode 1 will be repeated Saturday night.........it will be on 11pm Eastern

Time, 8pm Pacific.

Oh goody, that works for me; I'm a bit of a night owl anyway. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Cynthia, glad that it works for you🙂

Today I had a Dentist appt........cleaning😀

Then, after looking at mattresses last year and not buying one, I got a new one today.  

Sealy Posturepedic  on an adjustable base👍....first time I have ever bought one of those

and since I always watch tv before I fall asleep I can raise the head area!  Delivered, set up

and they take away my old stuff too....about 900.00. I should be getting it in about 3 weeks.

And they have a 120 day guarantee!  I got it at a nearby Mattress Firm. The sales rep was 

really nice....not pushy at all so that made things nicer.  This mattress is called a 

"Sealy Response"......hoping it will respond to me in a a good way!  I liked it when I laid on it

in the store.......I like a firmer mattress.  Anyway, looking forward to it........the one I have now

is probably 15 years old.

The name of the mattress is actually Briar Rose Firm. It is an innerspring

because honestly, I don't like memory foam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, glad that it works for you🙂

Today I had a Dentist appt........cleaning😀

Then, after looking at mattresses last year and not buying one, I got a new one today.  

Sealy Posturepedic  on an adjustable base👍....first time I have ever bought one of those

and since I always watch tv before I fall asleep I can raise the head area!  Delivered, set up

and they take away my old stuff too....about 900.00. I should be getting it in about 3 weeks.

And they have a 120 day guarantee!  I got it at a nearby Mattress Firm. The sales rep was 

really nice....not pushy at all so that made things nicer.  This mattress is called a 

"Sealy Response"......hoping it will respond to me in a a good way!  I liked it when I laid on it

in the store.......I like a firmer mattress.  Anyway, looking forward to it........the one I have now

is probably 15 years old.

The name of the mattress is actually Briar Rose Firm. It is an innerspring

because honestly, I don't like memory foam.

Congrats on your new mattress. Let us know how you like it as I am still looking for one (not yet ready to go physical shop for it).  Like you, I'm not a fan of memory foam and I like a firmer mattress (but not like cement, lol).

• Like 1

Hi all!  It's my Friday night!!!  Sipping on the remains of a Pinot Grigio left by an owner.  It'll do....

Yow!  It was a nasty drive home tonight!  It started dumping snow about 5pm and coming down heavy.  My first 3 miles home are on a 6% grade 2-lane road.  Fortunately, all of us in the pack were competent winter drivers.  My one owner had just arrived before I left - he said his Uber driver was slipping and sliding all over on that road.  It was actually worse the last 3 miles of my drive - it was also blowing across the road, making it hard to see.   

Searching for Italy:  turns out it starts at 7pm here, and I don't get off work until 7.  I saw the last half of it then watched the first half at 10pm.  Naples made me laugh - the old pizza woman sounded exactly like my ex nanna-in-law.  I could close my eyes and imagine I was back at her house with all the relatives!!!   It was nice to see the conversations largely in Italian with the subtitles - it helped me remember the little I do know and try to pick up more!   Fried pizza - looked a little like a calzone, but seemed oh-so-good.  

Sorry 'bout your cold weather there in Colorado.  We've avoided the cold, just getting the snow.  We did have some hail last night - it makes a huge racket when it bounces off my chimney flashing. 

Congrats on the new mattress.  I have to start looking for one, maybe this summer.  Mine is from 2009.  I have no idea what I want.  Right now I have a setup that I got with my employee discount - a W hotel setup.  But, I've added 3" of memory foam to it and I do like it.  My absolute fave is the matress setup at the Westin hotels.  But, I may get a platform instead of a spring setup.  I don't know...  

• Like 1

ahh, bed talk, need to get a new mattress set up for Steve, at the beginning of this, we raised the head of his bed to help with acid reflux & breathing....  since it's arun of the mill Costco mattress that is about 8 year old, it pretty much ruined it, would like to get an adjustable one like Lois got.   

Let me know what you think of it Lois :)

Cynthia, I've become a night owl too, it's going to have to stop when I go back to regular work...   I had to move my office back into my regular office with my team,  apparently they are starting some renovations to the cubicle area so the area I had  commandeered was no longer available...  they are getting rid of the cubicles & building a new private office for the owner since it's such a nicer space than the main office next door to us.  

My in-laws get their second shots tomorrow, so glad for them!

Kat, oh my gosh be careful driving in that weather, nice that you get a few days off, stay safe :) 

Melody, I hope things start thawing out for you, I can't begin to imagine handling that level of cold :)

• Like 1

We’re out of the deep freeze!  Kat, you (& our mountains) have been hammered with snow, it’ll be great for the water table. I’m one of those crazy folks that actually enjoy driving in snow. I just don’t like the idiots that have these huge 4-wheel drive vehicles. They need to understand 4-wheel drive is not 4-wheel stop. 75% of our winter accidents (fact in our newspaper) are 4-wheel drive vehicles. I just putt by them in my all wheel drive 

Lois, I’d like to know how you like the adjustable bed also, we’re getting close to needing one. 

I will let all of you know how I like this new mattress, adjustable base, etc.......the delivery date

is supposed to be March 11th.  Will let you know how everything goes but it will be a few weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re out of the deep freeze!  Kat, you (& our mountains) have been hammered with snow, it’ll be great for the water table. I’m one of those crazy folks that actually enjoy driving in snow. I just don’t like the idiots that have these huge 4-wheel drive vehicles. They need to understand 4-wheel drive is not 4-wheel stop. 75% of our winter accidents (fact in our newspaper) are 4-wheel drive vehicles. I just putt by them in my all wheel drive 

Lois, I’d like to know how you like the adjustable bed also, we’re getting close to needing one. 

Amen on the 4-wheel drive!  So many tourists renting Suburbans/Tahoes and other big SUVs and they have NO CLUE how to actually drive them.  When I still had my little Audi TT, I'd just drive by - it had AWD, too.  Had one guy last night in whatever the big Toyota is driving 20 mph and pumping the brakes IN THE INSIDE LANE on the flats where it was just a dusting!  We all just moved around him.   At least we were going 45...

Nice neighbor came over and shoveled my driveway this morning.  My snow angel has school so he couldn't do it.  We have a break in the snow a little today (maybe an inch or so) and tomorrow.  But another storm coming in on Friday for the weekend.  Can't wait (NOT).

I'm just going to depress today, nothing going on.  

• Like 1