Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

It could be a crew member who was also on the previous cruise, but if so, he/she apparently didn't infect anyone else because there have been no infection reports linked to the previous Ruby Princess cruise.

I suggest it started with the 8th March cruise, either from a passenger (plenty of them) or from the very limited number of new crew, if any boarded.

Yes, likely so.  Anyways, I will repost the link to the TR for 8th March. They deleted the medical advice email.

Two Aussies have now posted that they need to self isolate - death and 135 plus positive. Mine is the last post. Lets see if that gets deleted too!

30 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The previous cruise was a 13-night to NZ from 24th February. It has not been reported that anyone from that cruise has tested positive.

We were on that cruise and as far as I know, the 24/2 to 8/3 NZ cruise was clear - we were boarded by NSW Health and cleared by them.
The cruise with the problems is the following - 8/3 to 19/3 NZ cruise - vader1111 seems to be on the right track 🤔

Edited by Porky55

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

We were on that cruise and as far as I know the 24/2 to 8/3 NZ cruise was clear - we were boarded by NSW Health and cleared by them. 
The cruise with the problems is the following - 8/3 to 19/3 NZ cruise

NSW Health boarded your cruise to check that everyone was well so it is incomprehensible that they did not do the same with the following cruise when 'everyone and his dog' knew that the covid-19 problem was escalating worldwide.

By the way, we disembarked from the Sea Princess in Brisbane, the same day you got off the Ruby, 8th March. It was announced on board that there could be delays because of checks, but we did see any special checks of passengers and we were not delayed. We did not see Queensland Health Dept officials, although they could have boarded and spoken to the captain and doctor on the Sea Princess.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

Aus Traveller - couldn’t agree more, we were as surprised as you when we heard this. We are under the personal impression though that NSW Health might have turned up for us on the 8th because there were actually complaints made to them (by email perhaps) about the amount of passengers coughing 😳

Go figure that one if you can!! Anyway that was the ship talk late night on the 7th as we completed and handed in our NSW Health Questionaires to Guest Services. (Govt letterhead & everything)
So, that’s how you get their attention????

By The Way - we haven’t had a Question Survey from NSW Health as yet and we actually completed health checks for them. And would not delete them if they were sent to us. Inconsistencies again or just “very busy”!!! 😏

Edited by Porky55

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

Aus Traveller - couldn’t agree more, we were as surprised as you when we heard this. We are under the personal impression though that NSW Health might have turned up for us on the 8th because there were actually complaints made to them (by email perhaps) about the amount of passengers coughing 😳

Go figure that one if you can!! Anyway that was the ship talk late night on the 7th as we completed and handed in our NSW Health Questionaires to Guest Services.
So, that’s how you get their attention????

We returned on the same date you did, but we didn't get a Queensland Health Questionnaire .... and some people on this board are saying the Queensland government and Premier are doing such a good job.

19 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We returned on the same date you did, but we didn't get a Queensland Health Questionnaire .... and some people on this board are saying the Queensland government and Premier are doing such a good job.

Not sure what Queensland’s policy was?
Again I think somebody important had to be on that 8th March returning Ruby cruise and was offended by the coughing and complained - only reason NSW Health was there that morning. 🙄

Edited by Porky55

38 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Yes, likely so.  Anyways, I will repost the link to the TR for 8th March. They deleted the medical advice email.

Two Aussies have now posted that they need to self isolate - death and 135 plus positive. Mine is the last post. Lets see if that gets deleted too!

Hi Pushka..found you !!!!

Obviously, I wrote something offensive too ??.  I wrote my own experience and opinions of my Ruby 8th cruise..embarkment and disembarkment.  Tried to ask a question to fellow cruiser patrickmoran about captain.  I e mailed moderator..which is what I found out you have to do for an explanation. No response yet. 

Update from me. 

Totally surprised that we were allowed to board without our temperature being taken, something I was told would happen for my protection.

Never heard anything about flu or passengers in cabins while on cruise..extensive cleaning constantly by crew.....passengers used purell at dining rooms..entrances were guarded...at buffet we were allowed to serve ourselves..absolutely no indication of any sickness.  Our CD kept stating how great it was that we were in our own "cocoon".  I truly believe he believed it too.  Especially on the last night's party in the atrium. 

On Tuesday before disembarking an announcement regarding anyone feeling sick, flu temp to go to doctor. Surprised and alarmed to hear this. I kept joking..where's the captain..no show at captain's cocktail party..He was steering ship?? Did he go to champagne waterfall thing a ming..that is the question I was asking patrickmoran.  Okay, I was already regretting going on cruise while hearing tv reports.  Guess I was paranoid.

We were all given a letter from the NSW health department to please self isolate when going home.  Aussies go home and isolate and international travelers take flights home and isolate for 14 days. Was planning to anyway.

I expected the ship to be delayed when we arrived for testing before getting off.  (Like the cruise before did, as we were told that is why it was late.  Nope..I never got off a ship so fast.  Kind of ..."get off my ship, asap".  The crew actually lined the promenade deck to wish us well and thank you for sailing.. as we left.

Due to a big mistake by EZAir my original 10pm SYD to Brisbane (12hr layover) to LAX to JFK was changed to SYD to SFO to JFK. My brother went via Hawaii

We went right to bed when we got home 11:45pm Thurs NY time.  When I got up at noon, I had a friend tell me about the Ruby..never got an email.  But later that evening I did get a call that I didn't pick up from NSW Health. unknown caller ID.  No repeat call back.

We did call corona hotline Friday afternoon to get tested and told no..not enough test kits unless more symptoms.  My husband got up with fever.  I have received two messages ,yesterday and today , from NSW Health for a questionnaire.  The first one only took date and ended..I ask for it to be resent..the new one can not be opened. Husband is on day 6/7 of fever only.  Video appointment with doctor diagnosed a "maybe" corona.  No test available unless a health care worker or seriously ill.

I was told the virus runs about 10 days from first symptom.  Symptom could be just a simple tickle in the back of throat, or a chill, or short lived body ache..without any temperature.  Doctor said over 70% of those who get it will never know, then some will have one symptom, some will have complex symptons with congestion, others critical and die.  NY is currently in week one of 2 weeks of self isolation and shut down of schools, restaurants,stores (except grocery and some liquor stores) People were told not to go to work or go outside.  We have to be 6 feet away from each other on lines in drugstores and grocery stores.

And of course, we have a leader who refuses to listen to the experts and plans to undo everything by Easter.  When he said we will have an Easter miracle.

We enjoyed out week prior to the cruise in Sydney. Wonderful city, beaches, mountains, wildlife.  Enjoyed our ports in New Zealand.  Hope to return some day to finish New Zealand and Fiji. Thank you to all who gave me such wonderful recommendations.

Stay safe and Healthy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Where are those posts?

Ah, found it : 

Could it be "Ruby Princess Arrival Yesterday Important"?

I am speechless with regard to Brandee of NY.  I helped him, with others,  (from posts 46 to 74)  I referred him to Post No.28 from MFR who had received contact by phone and email from NSW Health and provided a copy of their memo.

Time to mow the lawn!!

• Like 1

My goodness thank you for your account and personal experience of how things are.

Sadly and in history there are many times when propaganda is disseminated about critical events.

Thankfully we are able to hear such personal accounts now.

Hope you can overcome this and regain your health.

Take care. 

• Like 1

So where are the latest positive test numbers from Ruby? It was 133 a couple of days ago. I bet NSW Government, Australian Borer Force and Princess is hiding them for fear of more media publicity.  Personally I blame the lot of them for this disaster.

I am changing cruse lines to Sydney Harbour Ferries, even though I have 22 Princess cruises under my belt.  I don't want to 'Come Back New.' anymore.😬

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

We boarded the Carnival Spirit (Melbourne) on 2 March with just the usual health questionaire.  No temperature checks. 

Disembarked Melb on 14 March (NZ cruise) with no health screening although the disembarkation did run behind time which I put down to a "medical emergency" the previous evening (not corona related).  

I believe this to be the cruise that "Hunter"? was on.  Crew cleaning went into overdrive as he previously stated.  Lifts and public areas were constantly being disinfected and all crockery went behind the counters in the buffet.  No more helping yourself, even Weetbix in wrappers were handed to you with tongs.  Only things you could get yourself were tea/coffee and ice water/cordial.  Even then crew were wiping the machines and surfaces constantly as you were making a drink.  Crew stood at restaurant/buffet entrances making sure everyone used the hand sanitiser.

A comedian  boarded in Wellington and I believe he was initially told he was not to mix with passengers and stay in his cabin but I understand this was rescinded on the second day.  Also had another entertainer who flew from London to Wellington for one night and left at Napier where another singer boarded for 2 nights.  I believe he was from the States.  The 8 member dance team also changed over half way through.

The crew became more paranoid about cleaning as the cruise progressed.  Obviously they were scared of not being allowed back into Australia.  Alcohol was discounted by 30% or more so it seems that the captain was aware that a lock down was going to happen very soon.  I feel sorry for the crew who are now trapped onboard.

46 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can't see any miracles, Easter or otherwise, on the horizon. We are in self-iso so I won't bother buying Easter eggs for our grandchildren - four little ones and one baby. Although the baby wouldn't be allowed sweets anyway: our daughter is strict!

As are we. Won't be seeing our first and only grandchild for a few months. And he was just starting to know us too. So sad. I haven't been out of our home for four days now, just to get a flu shot. I wonder if anyone will be buying Easter eggs too. 

Nicely worded @The_Big_M  

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Today another 18 passengers off Ruby tested positive in South Australia alone. 

I just read on the ABC news that more than a quarter of SA cases are from cruise ships.

Also heard an increase in NSW for Ruby Princess cases and Ovation cases.

4 minutes ago, megsie said:

I just read on the ABC news that more than a quarter of SA cases are from cruise ships.

NSW health  has a lot to answer for. 

3 minutes ago, megsie said:

Shocking.  Just heard report from WA Health Minister.  221 cases now with all their cases from cruise ships and flights.

Death total for Aust is now 12,  I have noticed that, as the virus is spreading so fast, there is less time for details about people who have died.  More about the number.  No wonder all the States wanted to close their borders.  

Abc News 

The unfortunate cruisers with covid-19 were always going to get the virus as it was spreading and incubating amongst people onboard. And it seems no added precautions were advised.

I think all involved - Princess, NSW Health and Border Patrol could have done a much better job and now we will be getting secondary cases in the next week or so, sadly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pushka said:

NSW health  has a lot to answer for. 

I can sort of see that argument that it was NSW Health's fault but I also feel that the Australian Border Force should saddle a lot of the blame. From my viewpoint, I've always felt that Immigration was a Federal domain, they trump the State's jurisdiction and as they made up the new rules, they should have been responsible for policing them. It's also sad to see the ABF's response at Sydney Airport, where people were ignoring the social distancing rule, that it wasn't their place to intervene. Very poor IMO.

7 minutes ago, nnps said:

I can sort of see that argument that it was NSW Health's fault but I also feel that the Australian Border Force should saddle a lot of the blame. From my viewpoint, I've always felt that Immigration was a Federal domain, they trump the State's jurisdiction and as they made up the new rules, they should have been responsible for policing them. It's also sad to see the ABF's response at Sydney Airport, where people were ignoring the social distancing rule, that it wasn't their place to intervene. Very poor IMO.

Yes, that's probably accurate. On the other hand the WA Premier sees it as his job to enforce. 

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Shocking.  Just heard report from WA Health Minister.  221 cases now with all their cases from cruise ships and flights.

Death total for Aust is now 12,  I have noticed that, as the virus is spreading so fast, there is less time for details about people who have died.  More about the number.  No wonder all the States wanted to close their borders.  

Abc News 

Im glad SA closed theirs went it did. Shame about the cruises though. 

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

Im glad SA closed theirs went it did. Shame about the cruises though. 

Yes, I think people got scared when they saw the multiplier effect, in relation to infected cases, in NSW.

Reading between the lines, I suspect it won't be long until they close the borders for hot spots.

1 minute ago, megsie said:

WA now has 51 cases of cruise passengers out of their total of 231.

I think WA and Old. had to expedite the closure of their borders, because of the grey nomads and backpackers who travel around Australia, seeking warmer weather.  Especially before Easter, when most of Australia is on the move.  I was pleased to see insurance came to the party for the much loved Bluesfest.  

44 minutes ago, nnps said:

Probably because NSW Health had given the OK for passengers to disembark, the Aust Border Force couldn't intervene. If you have ever worked for the Public Service, you will know how each department jealously guards its 'area'.

• Like 1