P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks, yes we’re going to Victoria, Green Park, Piccadilly, St James’s Park etc. On the train now, quite a few groups with no masks on 🥴

Take care and keep yourselves safe Sarah.

There are a lot of mixed messages like Wembley stadium and the fans zones everywhere where people were celebrating England's goals and win.

I think people think covid19 has gone when you see these crowds.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks, yes we’re going to Victoria, Green Park, Piccadilly, St James’s Park etc. On the train now, quite a few groups with no masks on 🥴

Have a lovely time, enjoy everything but try and stay away from crowded areas.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Have a lovely day Sarah, let us know how things go. Surprised about the lack of masks on trains.

I’ve been booking things for my holiday, I must say it’s a bit of a faff because you don’t know where you might want to go one day. We might want to lie in or the weather might be awful etc. I’ve booked a couple of restaurants for the first couple of days but then we’re hopeful we can see what looks nice and book on the day and/or have some meals in our apartment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's a shame it would have been nice to say hello to you.

There was a busker on the corner who was absolutely excellent and he had a massive crowd around him.

We parked in the Tower car park opposite the Hilton.

Pauline went into Fenwick's first and I sat in the square with a coffee while she was inside.

We are in York at least once every week, our day varies depending on the weather, about 30 minutes from home.

We park at Sainsburys on Foss Bank, it's just a short wall into town and free parking for 4 hours if you spend a tenner in the store.

We then call at Waitrose on the way home and sometimes the outlet.

Eric

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ann141 said:

Fantastic photo!

Thank you.

We are really lucky where we live, our side garden overlooks open fields to the west so we always manage to see the sunsets. The sun rise is not so good, there are houses on that side.

• Like 2

I have  just received  the attach virtual medal from the person who organises our shifts at the vaccination site .  Apparently it is "Thank you day" on Sunday so I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has offered support and advice to anyone else during the awful times that we have all had to endure and to pass the medal on to you.

facebook-profile.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
Predictive text grrrr
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Have a lovely day Sarah, let us know how things go. Surprised about the lack of masks on trains.

More and more people on trains and in shops refusing to wear masks, probably because they're primarily to protect other people 

Given that the latest information from Australia suggests that a few seconds passing contact in the street is enough for transmission,  and not 15 minutes close contact,  that's extraordinarily selfish behaviour. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jun/24/its-in-the-air-you-breathe-what-you-need-to-know-about-sydneys-delta-covid-variant

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have  just received  the attach virtual medal from the person who organises our shifts at the vaccination site .  Apparently it is "Thank you day" on Sunday so I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has offered support and advice to anyone else during the awful times that we have all had to endure and to pass the medal on to you.

facebook-profile.jpg

And thanks to you Josy for all the hours you've put in.  Jane.x

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

And thanks to you Josy for all the hours you've put in.  Jane.x

Jane, you and your NHS front line colleagues  deserve a real medal not a virtual one, I hope that when we are though this pandemic you will all be properly  recognised.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We found that on the underground which is mandatory to wear a mask but it was mostly men aged between 20 / 30 that didn’t wear one 🥴

Just got home, we had a lovely time 😁Nowhere was very busy other than the train home. I was a bit worried when there were mask-less groups on the train on the way there but in London nearly everyone seemed to be wearing them, quite a few wearing them outside too in areas that would usually be very busy. 
We walked past Buckingham Palace, it was the emptiest I’ve ever seen that area, we had a picnic in Green Park after seeing the lovely elephants. We went into Fortnum & Masons to buy some tea for my husband, who couldn’t come with us, and came out with jams, curds and biscuits too 🥴 it was almost empty, our local shops are busier! 
We wandered down to see a statue of my 5x great uncle, Sir John Franklin, then walked through Horse Guards parade, watched the guard change, walked round that area for a bit then spent some time in St James’s Park where we saw more elephants. It was just a nice walking day, glad we went, it felt like a little bit of normality  😊

I actually felt a bit emotional at times, my daughter would have died of embarrassment had I welled up 😂

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We found that on the underground which is mandatory to wear a mask but it was mostly men aged between 20 / 30 that didn’t wear one 🥴

It was young women we saw not wearing them today, they were walking through the train carriages without them too. Different story on the way back, everyone near us wore one thankfully.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Great pictures and sounds like a memorable day. One of my ancestors was well known in London, but we don't talk about him.

Regards

J Ripper jnr

I never know if you’re being serious 😂 

6 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We are in York at least once every week, our day varies depending on the weather, about 30 minutes from home.

We park at Sainsburys on Foss Bank, it's just a short wall into town and free parking for 4 hours if you spend a tenner in the store.

We then call at Waitrose on the way home and sometimes the outlet.

Eric

Hi Eric.

We decided to have a trip down to Junction 32 outlet this morning then called at the York Designer outlet this afternoon and had lunch there.

Just as well I am used to driving many miles a day because we can see lots of nice places within 100 miles from home.

Graham.

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

• Like 8

Hasn’t it been a nice day?

Lovely pics from our day-trippers

Our walking tally for today is 18000+ steps.  14km 😮

Think I earned my lovely Tuna Niçoise

FE9AA6D1-C5A8-4400-9FDD-2CDD868E01E7.thumb.jpeg.47c1d9f702b86f496f9781059a7aee85.jpeg

I tried to get a pic f the pup running in the flowers, as she looked quite sweet, but wasn’t quick enough.  Lots of attempts which resulted in just an ear or just her tail!  Anyway, here she is

67F54F40-6CB4-4901-8BE5-CA86A03F4C1D.thumb.jpeg.bf916ed76a81a4e85abf927d547ed50d.jpeg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Eric.

We decided to have a trip down to Junction 32 outlet this morning then called at the York Designer outlet this afternoon and had lunch there.

Just as well I am used to driving many miles a day because we can see lots of nice places within 100 miles from home.

Graham.

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

Graham, you seem to have single handedly kept the filling stations running during the pandemic.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

See above - a few photos from our trip to Knebworth today

And more lovely pics! 

I should be happy as I’m now on annual leave but I’m a bit grumpy as the next few days look like rubbish weather again -grrrr!

• Like 3