P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks!

I splashed the cash and had her done laparoscopically (keyhole surgery). She just has 2 tiny wounds, each closed with one internal stitch and just glue for the skin closure.  She doesn’t seem uncomfortable, just a bit ‘spaced out’ - and no cone of shame, so that’s a bonus

What a great dad you are Eddie. You've saved her a lot of discomfort during the healing process. I hope she feels ok today but she will of course need a lot of pampering! Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

Thanks Jane

btw I’m a girlie Eddie.  Confusing times, eh?

My pronouns are she/her, as I believe the younger people sometimes add to their bio’s. 🤔 😋

Hot, hot, hot again today.

We we’re out for a little stroll at 6.30 and it felt like that might be the most comfortable part of the day

Those people who are taking a UK break - hope you continue to enjoy

Everyone - have a good day!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We used to walk up and down those South Stack steps with no problem at all but that was almost 50 years ago, no chance now.

The clutch cable on my Car broke in that Car Park, luckily a kind person gave me lift into Holyhead to get a new part and I fixed it, we had no breakdown cover in those days.

Have you visited the Nat Trust property Plas Newydd it's well worth it, the views over the Menia Straights are spectacular.

We visited Plas Newydd when on holiday in Snowdonia 4 years ago.

Going to Holyhead this afternoon, found a fish & chip shop that does gluten free fish & chips my wife is coeliac which can make eating out not easy in places you don’t know. Will visit Roman Fort and walk along breakwater. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We visited Plas Newydd when on holiday in Snowdonia 4 years ago.

Going to Holyhead this afternoon, found a fish & chip shop that does gluten free fish & chips my wife is coeliac which can make eating out not easy in places you don’t know. Will visit Roman Fort and walk along breakwater. 

Sounds lovely but maybe a bit tiring in what is likely to be a hot day. On your way back to sunny Shropshire, give us a wave from the A55 when going through Llanddulas. We will be somewhere on the left hand side and absolutely sure to see you😇

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds lovely but maybe a bit tiring in what is likely to be a hot day. On your way back to sunny Shropshire, give us a wave from the A55 when going through Llanddulas. We will be somewhere on the left hand side and absolutely sure to see you😇

There is a gentle Northerly wind today, which will take edge of temperature, will probably be cooler on the breakwater. 

We go home next week, but plan to go back via the scenic route through Snowdonia.

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks Jane

btw I’m a girlie Eddie.  Confusing times, eh?

My pronouns are she/her, as I believe the younger people sometimes add to their bio’s. 🤔 😋

Hot, hot, hot again today.

We we’re out for a little stroll at 6.30 and it felt like that might be the most comfortable part of the day

Those people who are taking a UK break - hope you continue to enjoy

Everyone - have a good day!

I am so sorry Eddie - forgive me.  Have a good day too.  Jane.x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

There is a gentle Northerly wind today, which will take edge of temperature, will probably be cooler on the breakwater. 

We go home next week, but plan to go back via the scenic route through Snowdonia.

Not sure how well you know the Island but the north side is also worth a visit.

Cemlyn nature reserve will be full of nesting bird's, mainly Terns, you can sometime see Seals on the shore,  Cemaes Bay is a lovely little seaside village and Paris Mountain near Amlwch is a strange moon like landscape which was once the largest copper mine in the world.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Cemlyn nature reserve will be full of nesting bird's, mainly Terns, you can sometime see Seals on the shore,  Cemaes Bay is a lovely little seaside village and Paris Mountain near Amlwch is a strange moon like landscape which was once the largest copper mine in the world.

My son was at the motor racing track on Anglesey last weekend and saw plenty of dolphins.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My son was at the motor racing track on Anglesey last weekend and saw plenty of dolphins.

I don’t suppose he will see many dolphins at Silverstone this weekend though. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Thanks for the info, we were going to Caernarfon Castle Sunday, but found out it was undergoing so enabling work for a conservation project and some parts are not accessible, so this seems a possible alternative.

Feeling a bit mixed emotions today. 

we should have been driving down to the iona for the fjords this morning but obviously thanks to covid we are not. 

at the same time my nephew turns 1 today and since he had a terrible birth and we really worried about him then that’s a blessing. 

on the bright side only 482 to go for iona and I am counting down. 

• Like 7

Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well.

It’s hot today!!! Just been out gardening with hubby but it’s too hot for me so I am inside in the shade.

Going to do things indoors later like finding new tiles for bathroom floor and a trip to The Range/Dunelm or maybe Curry’s as we got a gift card and need a new sound bar.

Whatever you’re doing have a lovely weekend 

Michelle

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Going to do things indoors later like finding new tiles for bathroom floor and a trip to The Range/Dunelm or maybe Curry’s as we got a gift card and need a new sound bar.

I always find a sound bar preferable to an unsound one. Much less chance of spillage and breakages. 🥴

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

F1, open golf and tour de France for the rest of the day, cider in the fridge perfick.

3 TVs side by side or so much cider that you think you have 3 TVs side by side? 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, pete14 said:

3 TVs side by side or so much cider that you think you have 3 TVs side by side? 🥴

F1 for Practice and Sprint Race, golf in between and after, cycling recording and will watch the last hour after the golf. Cider is 8% so will have to take it slowly!!

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Can anyone tell me please, what time on Monday the pandemic ends... 

I feel a desire to go out and hug strangers, just wondered what time I can start.. 😊🤔

Andy 

Any time from midnight, Andy. Best bear in mind recent events though and check for hidden security cameras first.

Be quick, though. Lockdown possible in 5 weeks according to Chris Whitty and Jeremy Hunt.

• Like 4