P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Another beautiful day and my wall is complete. Harry has already been out and christened it. - saves wasting a bottle of champagne I suppose. Maybe I can hire him out to P&O for Arvia's christening ceremony in December. He's currently out with the dog walker after a frenzied battle with a broom handle to gently extricate him from under the sofa. I bet he wishes he'd gone to the groomer with the girls now. 

No plans, still breathless but not so bad, still could sleep all day but actually getting there. Still not back upstairs so Brother can eat his words about me never using that downstairs bedroom/bathroom arrangement I put it in. Thankfully he and SIL are on a ship at the moment but which Celebrity ship I can't remember.

Hope everyone else is OK and enjoying the sunshine.

Good to see you posting again, I did think that i hadn’t read anything from you this week. 
Glad your breathing is a bit better, take it easy and enjoy the nice weather.
Our dogs are now both laid in the sun making the most of it

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

You are so absolutely right, Josy. We were very much a favoured generation, and our children and grandchildren are having a very much tougher time of things. Many of us in this forum have tried to help our families, and my wife and I get a huge amount more pleasure from that than more and more increasingly expensive cruises.

All this ‘spending the kids’ inheritance’ stuff, and disparaging references to ‘snowflakes’ appalls me, and I loathe the newspapers that promote it and spread intergenerational dissent.

Things are slightly different up here Harry. Youngsters get much, much more than we ever did when we were young and most of it regardless of their income. We pay 41% tax on better pensions to pay for it all and the threshold for the higher rate is thousands less than the rest of the U.K. as well. For example they get,

Baby boxes

Best start benefits

Nursery places free

School clothing

Free school meals p 1-3 universal

Free laptops

Free bikes

Free bus pass for under age 22

enhanced child payment £20 per child per week ( increasing to £40 soon) on top of Uk child benefit

Home owners support

Help to buy

etc, etc, etc

So I have less sympathy as I pay a lot now for benefits I never got when young and struggling. Someone with much more than me gets lots of freebies just because they are young.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Just in time for our cruise .

Depends when your cruise date is from Princess website is the following Eglesbrech only told half a story-

• Sky Princess® from 28 March
  • Emerald Princess® from 1 May
  • Enchanted Princess® from 4 May
  • Island Princess® from 29 June

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Depends when your cruise date is from Princess website is the following Eglesbrech only told half a story-

Actually I provided a link and Josy is indeed on the 28 March cruise so the information was accurate. 

Why do you always have to be so nippy. I try to be helpful, I may get things wrong occasionally but my intentions are good - not “ only told half a story”.

• Like 16

50 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Eglesbrech knows that I am on Sky Princess 28th March as we have talked about earlier, so her information  is correct.

• Like 5

aargh!  
posted this in the wrong place.  Apologies for repeat

It’s been a lovely day, weather-wise.  So nice to open the front door and not be assailed by mighty winds or driving rain.  We did a long local walk & called back round to get Friday fish.  Delighted to find he had halibut on board.  Checked with the phone which confirms over 20 miles walked between yesterday and today!  Should sleep well.

Has anybody watched The Power of the Dog on Netflix?  We thought it was really good.  It’s nice to watch Oscar contenders in the comfort of your own home.  Our local cinema has restarted Silver Screenings, (at £3.50 instead of £1 pre-pandemic) but I don’t think I’ll be rushing to go to the cinema with the current infection rates.

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

aargh!  

It’s been a lovely day, weather-wise.  So nice to open the front door and not be assailed by mighty winds or driving rain.  We did a long local walk & called back round to get Friday fish.  Delighted to find he had halibut on board.  Checked with the phone which confirms over 20 miles walked between yesterday and today!  Should sleep well.

Has anybody watched The Power of the Dog on Netflix?  We thought it was really good.  It’s nice to watch Oscar contenders in the comfort of your own home.  Our local cinema has restarted Silver Screenings, (at £3.50 instead of £1 pre-pandemic) but I don’t think I’ll be rushing to go to the cinema with the current infection rates.

You have my sympathy, I post everything now on my Android phone which, unlike a laptop format doesn't show the thread heading at the top of the page. If CC really want us to keep on topic they must improve their IT  dept, and get it to redesign the smartphone page format.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

aargh!  

Yes, we watched "PotDog" some time ago. Passed a couple of hours, but I won't rush to watch it again. 

There is slow and then there is slooooow !

18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Eglesbrech knows that I am on Sky Princess 28th March as we have talked about earlier, so her information  is correct.

Seems the most convenient wat to have the test is at the port but is very expensive. Do not think it is worth the mither trying to get a LFT with Prenetics as they recommend for £30pp before you get to the port pay the extra and you know it will be done correct.

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Just got home from Southampton after a 14 night cruise on Iona.

We had a fantastic time had had amazing views from our Aft Balcony.

Graham.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

IMG_20220310_194824.jpg

IMG_20220306_075414.jpg

IMG_20220308_080000.jpg

Looks fantastic!!! Glad you had a good time and that you are both home safe and sound. Time to count down to the next one now

Michelle

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks fantastic!!! Glad you had a good time and that you are both home safe and sound. Time to count down to the next one now

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

We had an amazing time.

Excellent food, excellent service in the bars and restaurants.

We ate in Epicurean 7 nights,twice in Coral,twice in Pearl and once in Aqua and Opal restaurants.

Because of the medical emergency and detour to Lisbon on the previous cruise our check in was delayed by 5 hours so we went for fish and chips in Quays for the first night.

IMG_20220316_182916.jpg

IMG_20220311_185833.jpg

IMG_20220311_183305.jpg

IMG_20220313_190030.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12

22 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

aargh!  

DW said , I thought Silver Surfer was a comic book super hero. Nope, that's me in Watergate bay.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You have my sympathy, I post everything now on my Android phone which, unlike a laptop format doesn't show the thread heading at the top of the page. If CC really want us to keep on topic they must improve their IT  dept, and get it to redesign the smartphone page format.

I think your android needs a good talking to. Mines fine🤔

Time to relax, we had my niece's daughter for the afternoon while her mum, dad and brother went to the Stoke match now we are both shattered from playing games with her. She wanted to make a mother's day card before I go away but I will never know how one child can make so much mess.  She has just asked her mum if she can go and stay at 

"Nannygoat's" tonight so I think that my sister may be in for a good night.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Why does the glass along the prom deck have to be so high? No leaning on the rail watching/photographing the widlife on Iona it seems.

The glass on the aft decks is lower.

This was the view from our deck 14 cabin.

The white roof cover over the sunset bar did not affect our view but deck 9,10 and 11 might be affected.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220320_093233_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20220316_081712.jpg

IMG_20220313_142430.jpg

IMG_20220306_074733.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Graham - I don't wish to appear nosy, but is your main reason for not discussing your cruises before you go on them because you don't want potential burglars knowing you are away from home; since you are pretty open about where you live, with photos of your home and garden?  Or just to give us all a surprise when we see your photos and news!

I tend not to give too much away about myself and certainly no detail of where I live, more because I am a bit of an introvert than any other reason.  I am always interested to read about all of your lives and activities, and of course it does enable one to visualise people's personalities, and even more if they publish photos of themselves.  Anyone else like me out there??  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I tend not to give too much away about myself and certainly no detail of where I live, more because I am a bit of an introvert than any other reason.  I am always interested to read about all of your lives and activities, and of course it does enable one to visualise people's personalities, and even more if they publish photos of themselves.  Anyone else like me out there??  

Yes, I feel like that, well, except that I’m definitely not an introvert.  Occasionally I have considered posting my first name since I feel that I ‘know’ the likes of Avril, Graham, Brian, Harry et al, and it seems a little unfriendly not to.  I haven’t done so largely because my name, whilst not unusual is not common.  

Additionally I started to add my cruises to my signature when I first began cruising, only in 2016 - something which I have found extremely useful as an easy and quick aid to my memory - and I should not like to be considered boastful owing to the number of cruises I have been fortunate enough to take.  I don’t think like that myself when I read of others’ travels/homes etc, but I saw a reference to something similar on another thread (not in relation to me) and it did make me aware of how you can be perceived and so will probably stick with my anonymity!

As you started off by making reference to Graham, I should add that I too love his photographs, whether he’s enjoying a McDonalds breakfast in his car by the sea, or fine dining, and very much agree with the PP who described Pauline as ‘very elegant’.  I feel pretty sure I’d recognise them if our paths ever cross on a cruise, but I won’t be introducing myself if it’s a formal night, since I belong to the ‘own a few sparkly tops for cruising when necessary’ brigade 😉😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Why does the glass along the prom deck have to be so high? No leaning on the rail watching/photographing the widlife on Iona it seems.

You can see quite clearly if you turn 180 degrees. Lean on the rail and watch the wildlife eating room service.

• Haha 4