P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, kalos said:

Today as I held a newly born Granddaughter, you can guess who came into my mind .☺️

Congratulations on the birth of your Granddaughter, Kalos.  If humour and kindness are genetic, which I’m pretty sure they are, she’s got a great start in life already. 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Congratulations on the birth of your Granddaughter, Kalos.  If humour and kindness are genetic, which I’m pretty sure they are, she’s got a great start in life already. 🙂

What a lovely thing to say Harry P.  That sentence is absolutely spot on.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, kalos said:

Sharing memories is an amazing gift we are left with ,they never leave our hearts ☺️

Today as I held a newly born Granddaughter, you can guess who came into my mind .☺️

They maybe not with us no more but they are never far away in our hearts .

Glad you had a lovely day Ann :classic_love:

You could put all your jokes in a scrapbook for her. Congratulations, she will have a good role model.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Snow Hill, not sure if you are cooking  for just two... if so which model do you have.  I've been reading and comparing and getting really confused.. I would rather ask someone who has one.  Thanks

We are only two and bought the ninja 15 - 1 when it was on offer. Use with microwave and haven’t used oven or hob since. 

14 hours ago, kalos said:

Sharing memories is an amazing gift we are left with ,they never leave our hearts ☺️

They maybe not with us no more but they are never far away in our hearts .

Glad you had a lovely day Ann :classic_love:

Many congratulations Mr & Mrs kalos.

Our children are wonderful and our grandchildren are an absolute delight.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re still having a good time on Arcadia no complaints. Ship has around 1800 pax against a capacity of 2095 so quite full. In Sicily today then a day at sea and then Athens for my birthday, we have managed to book a table in the grill for my birthday and one other night but they book up quickly. Sindhu restaurant is not open. No sign of any quarantine area or any rumours of any outbreak, staff are about 50 50 wearing masks and virtually no passengers are.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Snow Hill, not sure if you are cooking  for just two... if so which model do you have.  I've been reading and comparing and getting really confused.. I would rather ask someone who has one.  Thanks

Just the 2 of us. We have this Ninja Foodi

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-9-in-1-multi-cooker-7-5l-op500uk-zidOP500UK

Find it very versatile, so far have used the pressure cooker to cook a whole chicken finishing off with air crisp, the steamer for carrots and broccoli, fish (twice), slow cooker for a curry, air fryer for chips, breaded fish and chicken, bake option for croissants, plus a few recipes from cook book. 

The oven will only probably be used for when there are more than 2 of us, we are certainly converts to this way of cooking. 

• Like 2

After reading many posts on Air Fryers, I decided to take the plunge. I didn't want to spend a lot and saw one on a shopping channel today. A German model N8Werk 5.5 ltr. Had a problem finding reviews but did on the German Amazon site and they were very good, so at £99 it seemed a good price. Time will tell.

Congrats Kalos, nice one !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

After reading many posts on Air Fryers, I decided to take the plunge. I didn't want to spend a lot and saw one on a shopping channel today. A German model N8Werk 5.5 ltr. Had a problem finding reviews but did on the German Amazon site and they were very good, so at £99 it seemed a good price. Time will tell.

We took the plunge at the recommendation of Mr and Mrs Pete14.

Have to say I love it ... it is hubby's new toy so he loves to use it and cook. Comes highly recommended from me !!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

We took the plunge at the recommendation of Mr and Mrs Pete14.

Have to say I love it ... it is hubby's new toy so he loves to use it and cook. Comes highly recommended from me !!

And of course from me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We may make a visit some time this week

Head to the end section ... loads of colour and pretty flat .. well until you have to climb back to the top.

Saw lots of mini Charlies today so very doggy friendly .... he can help you back up the hill from the bottom part !!!

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Head to the end section ... loads of colour and pretty flat .. well until you have to climb back to the top.

Saw lots of mini Charlies today so very doggy friendly .... he can help you back up the hill from the bottom part !!!

If I left Charlie in charge of where we go, we could end up anywhere, and certainly nowhere near where we wanted to be. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I went for a Uten 5.5 ltr Air Fryer, £78, and so far so good. I still need the oven for pizza (too big to fit in the basket) and oven baked risotto(it won't cook rice dishes) but I have only used the oven 3 times in 4 weeks when it's normally once sometimes twice a day. Every little helps.

Look after the pennies ect, ect............

Avril

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I went for a Uten 5.5 ltr Air Fryer, £78, and so far so good. I still need the oven for pizza (too big to fit in the basket) and oven baked risotto(it won't cook rice dishes) but I have only used the oven 3 times in 4 weeks when it's normally once sometimes twice a day. Every little helps.

Look after the pennies ect, ect............

Avril

Being delivered tomorrow, looking forward to trying a new cooking method. I do the cooking, ex RN Officers Cook, left 48 years ago but you don't lose the skills.

• Like 4