P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Here's an extremely silly one that's doing the rounds at the moment.  It gets 'discovered' every few years and all the papers claim it's never been noticed before.

Spot the Toblerone bear?

All sorts of explanations, but this one seems the most plausible:

It's a tribute to the swiss city of Bern, where the chocolate company was founded. It's nicknamed "the city of Bears," and the coat of arms is what looks like a bear climbing upwards.

51-hZc1YjxL._AC_SL1125_.jpg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have been able to listen to a CD sometimes and other times couldn’t have anything. 
First time at Royal Preston for a scan so we shall see

Good luck Michelle.

When my Mum went in the scanner she would mentally pack her suitcases for the next cruise. She would decide on her outfits, which shoes and which handbags etc etc……. happy thoughts always help the most.

Gill x

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I hope it’s quick too. When I was first diagnosed I was in for two hours with a short break while they call the consultant in which was a nightmare 

Two hours must have been horrendous for you.

When I had mine I didn't know that it would be noisy and I wondered what on earth was going on when it started up, I had to be face down which wasn't pleasant.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you everyone.

Dreading going on the scanner, it scares me to death as I hate enclosed spaces and it is really noisy too. I have learned to close my eyes and not open them again until it’s finished

Michelle

Michelle, like everyone else, I wish you all the best for tomorrow. I’m sure you will be well looked after. We all will be looking for your report back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Good luck Michelle.

When my Mum went in the scanner she would mentally pack her suitcases for the next cruise. She would decide on her outfits, which shoes and which handbags etc etc……. happy thoughts always help the most.

Gill x

That sounds like a plan!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

When I had mine I didn't know that it would be noisy and I wondered what on earth was going on when it started up, I had to be face down which wasn't pleasant.

Thank you Sarah 

43 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Michelle, like everyone else, I wish you all the best for tomorrow. I’m sure you will be well looked after. We all will be looking for your report back. 

Thank you. I will report back as soon as I find out if I am a suitable candidate for the medication 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's still tipping it down here and has been for weeks, apart from the odd day or two. The water butts are full to the brim, the lawns are drowning, and even the pond is overflowing, but strangely enough we still have a hosepipe ban in place🥴

Avril

Despite all the rain Severn Trent, my water supplier reports average water capacity of 60% in reservoirs, some are still below 50% full. Probably similar situations for those areas hit by this summer’s drought,

https://www.stwater.co.uk/about-us/reservoir-levels/raw-water-storage-levels-11-november-2022/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you everyone.

Dreading going on the scanner, it scares me to death as I hate enclosed spaces and it is really noisy too. I have learned to close my eyes and not open them again until it’s finished

Michelle

I’ve not been in a scanner but my mum has several times. She’s a tough lady who doesn’t moan about much but she HATES the noise in there! 

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

When my Mum said it was really noisy I was very surprised, didn’t expect that at all.

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Here's an extremely silly one that's doing the rounds at the moment.  It gets 'discovered' every few years and all the papers claim it's never been noticed before.

Spot the Toblerone bear?

It's a tribute to the swiss city of Bern, where the chocolate company was founded. It's nicknamed "the city of Bears," and the coat of arms is what looks like a bear climbing upwards.

Looks like a Polar bear Harry,IN THE ALPS!That must be global warming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

When my Mum said it was really noisy I was very surprised, didn’t expect that at all.

When I had to have a scan it wasn't  really noisy, there was a lot of clicking and I found it hard to keep still, particularly my eyes.  My darling husband loves to tell people that I had to have a brain scan but they didn't find anything.  I was just happy that my migraines weren't caused by a tumour but unhappy that they had caused some damage to some blood vessels so I am on daily medication to prevent migraines.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

When I had to have a scan it wasn't  really noisy, there was a lot of clicking and I found it hard to keep still, particularly my eyes.  My darling husband loves to tell people that I had to have a brain scan but they didn't find anything.  I was just happy that my migraines weren't caused by a tumour but unhappy that they had caused some damage to some blood vessels so I am on daily medication to prevent migraines.

Aww that’s awful, but like you say better than a tumour. I suffer from migraines (though not so many nowadays) and so I know how debilitating they can be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Aww that’s awful, but like you say better than a tumour. I suffer from migraines (though not so many nowadays) and so I know how debilitating they can be.

I quite agree. I have suffered from migraines too for as long as I can remember

I have regular MRI's as I am on surveillance programme due to having had a brain tumour a few years back, so although it is noisy I suppose I have got used to it!  At least when I say I'm not right in the head I've got proof! 🤣

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Spot the Toblerone bear?

I've never noticed that before. All I used to see was snow, now I can only see a big white bear. Much nicer😊

Avril

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Frank too, he's on Pizotifen. It doen't stop them completely, but he maybe only has a couple a year instead of 3 or 4 a month and they aren't as severe. His are a result of an accident at work years ago. Nasty things.

Avril

Sorry to keep the medical theme going.

I managed to get a gp appointment this morning to look at a suspect spot on my forehead. I had a basal cell cancer removed from my forehead 2 years ago so I’m fearing the worse, it left me with a 1 inch scar and a stretched skin flat spot around it, of which I’m very conscious.
My forehead has had zero direct sun in the last 2 1/2 years but I guess these just develop from past exposure. I think I will need to enquire about using chemotherapy cream in the future but you can get very sore unsightly skin while using it but it’s better than ending up with a succession of scars and flat spots!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ve been referred to the hospital dermatology dept to be properly assessed.

I have had several BCC's removed by surgery or cream over the past 20 years. I am currently waiting for a decision by the MOD re compensation after advice from a dermatology consultant that most evolve when you are over 50, caused by exposure in very hot climates, when you were in your late teens or early 20's. 

I served in RN in hot climates during that time so odds on that is the cause. No skin protection in those days, 60's. At least BCC's do not mutate or are malignant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have had several BCC's removed by surgery or cream over the past 20 years. I am currently waiting for a decision by the MOD re compensation after advice from a dermatology consultant that most evolve when you are over 50, caused by exposure in very hot climates, when you were in your late teens or early 20's. 

I served in RN in hot climates during that time so odds on that is the cause. No skin protection in those days, 60's. At least BCC's do not mutate or are malignant.

Thanks for the info. In your experience do you know what the deciding factor is whether surgery or cream is the treatment?