P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Cold and frosty with a freezing fog, that is just begining to lift. It was -5c at 6.30 this morning, and has now reached a balmy(or barmy😉) -2c.  When it's this cold, the fire is kept in on the lowest setting so it very slowly burns through and keeps the house warm all the time. 

Wrapping the presents today I think, ours are the only ones left that still need to be under the tree.🎄

Waiting to hear from Graham🤞

Well that's the tale of my totally interesting day😏

Hope yours is much more exciting.

Stay safe and keep warm😊

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Another cold and frosty day.

I'm npt planning on going anywhere today, just a day of chores including defrosting the freezer and I might get some more baking done this afternoon ahead of the Christmas holiday.

Good luck at the hospital today, Graham.

Take care everyone, stay safe and warm.

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

First, hope all goes well for you, Graham.

Nice to see Rick again.  I stumbled across Sky Arts yesterday afternoon, and it was a 'live' concert from California by the Eagles - fairly recent.  Fabulous guitar playing, and great to hear the old favourites again; we all loved them,  my generation and the 'children' too.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Cold and frosty with a freezing fog, that is just begining to lift. It was -5c at 6.30 this morning, and has now reached a balmy(or barmy😉) -2c.  When it's this cold, the fire is kept in on the lowest setting so it very slowly burns through and keeps the house warm all the time. 

Wrapping the presents today I think, ours are the only ones left that still need to be under the tree.🎄

Waiting to hear from Graham🤞

Well that's the tale of my totally interesting day😏

Hope yours is much more exciting.

Stay safe and keep warm😊

Avril

Thank you my caring friends.

I had my skin cancer operation at 10.45am this morning.

I took a photo but won't post unless anyone wants to see it😥.

The surgeon removed a skin cancer on my cheek but thought the other lesion which is hard to see should be left alone.

There was 4 inches of snow on my car to clear at 7am when I took Pauline to work.

It has been -2°C all day.

Tomorrow I have another hospital appointment to help my foot pain.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 12

Just now, grapau27 said:

The surgeon removed a skin cancer on my cheek but thought the other lesion which is hard to see should be left alone.

There was 4 inches of snow on my car to clear at 7am when I took Pauline to work.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Glad to hear from you Graham and that all went well with your op. You've not been having  such a good time of it healthwise recently have you? The hospital seems to becoming your second home, well third actually, the cruise ships are your second😉

I hope things begin to improve for you in the new year.

Take care.

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Pleased your now sorted and hopefully not in to much discomfort matey .:classic_love: 

Get tomorrow's hozzie out the way and then stay warm and relax .

Best foot forward and onwards 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Glad to hear from you Graham and that all went well with your op. You've not been having  such a good time of it healthwise recently have you? The hospital seems to becoming your second home, well third actually, the cruise ships are your second😉

I hope things begin to improve for you in the new year.

Take care.

Avril

Just now, kalos said:

Pleased your now sorted and hopefully not in to much discomfort matey .:classic_love: 

Get tomorrow's hozzie out the way and then stay warm and relax .

Best foot forward and onwards 😉

Thank you Avril and Kalos for your best wishes.

My doctor recommended special insoles for my foot pain and why I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to get this done.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril and Kalos for your best wishes.

My doctor recommended special insoles for my foot pain and why I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to get this done.

Graham.

Glad you are getting it all sorted out. It will be all done in time for your next cruise / holiday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well it’s the “warmest” part of the day and it hasn’t risen above minus 2 here all day and set to drop to below - 5 again tonight.we have however escaped the snow that seems t be hitting the southeast. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

I’ve been busy baking all morning so this afternoon and going to sit with my feet up, some hot chocolate and watch a cheesy Christmas film. 

Hope you are all having a good day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Take care everyone.

Graham.

🤞. Another cruise in the new year should cheer Pauline up, but take care if its a line dancing cruise.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Glad to hear you are ok Graham. Pauline with think she has a new man once you are sorted with all these hospital appointments 

Take care

Michelle

• Thanks 1

Graham, not paid much attention to this forum over the weekend, but adding my good wishes for your return to great mobility. I've just sent a card to a friend who has had skin cancer all the years I have known him (50 years) and he goes to Christie's in Manchester for check-ups regularly. Hasn't affected his life very much at all.

Time to get on with planning your next cruise(s) 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Graham, not paid much attention to this forum over the weekend, but adding my good wishes for your return to great mobility. I've just sent a card to a friend who has had skin cancer all the years I have known him (50 years) and he goes to Christie's in Manchester for check-ups regularly. Hasn't affected his life very much at all.

It depends on the skin cancer. Mine is Basil Cell Carcinoma, non malignant. Melanoma is a totally different beast.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning it's -3c  this morning with a dense fog/air frost this morning ,so pleased 

to hear the central heating kick in this morning .

@delgirl Great news about your hubby though he has a long way to go yet 

and for yourself with your own battle ,I wish you both the very best -take care :classic_love:

thank you. Yes he has a long way to go but its all looking positive.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Glad you are getting it all sorted out. It will be all done in time for your next cruise / holiday.

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

🤞. Another cruise in the new year should cheer Pauline up, but take care if its a line dancing cruise.😉

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Glad to hear you are ok Graham. Pauline with think she has a new man once you are sorted with all these hospital appointments 

Take care

Michelle

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Glad to hear everything went well. Take it easy and hope it's not too uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

17 minutes ago, delgirl said:

thank you. I am glad your op went well. DH workmate has to keep going to hospital to have his skin cancer cut out. (well ex work mate as not at work now)

Thank you all for your kind words.

Surgeon sure it was a basal cell skin cancer and put 7 stitches in the wound.

I have an appointment next Monday to get the stitches out.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, pete14 said:

Mr and Mrs Presto2 and I have spent the evening at a concert given by an amazing 74 year old pianist and keyboard player. No prizes for guessing who it is but he was truly amazing and not at all grumpy. 

5ADF9954-3B21-4186-9331-C915196AA534.thumb.jpeg.7f6cc5ec0c6f740e257ba1fdcdc94ddd.jpeg

Have to say it was an awesome concert and a privilege to be in the Victoria Hall with him last night .... and Rick too of course:-)

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, pete14 said:

Mr and Mrs Presto2 and I have spent the evening at a concert given by an amazing 74 year old pianist and keyboard player. No prizes for guessing who it is but he was truly amazing and not at all grumpy. 

5ADF9954-3B21-4186-9331-C915196AA534.thumb.jpeg.7f6cc5ec0c6f740e257ba1fdcdc94ddd.jpeg

I remember seeing him when he was a member of the band Yes in the early 1970s. 

• Like 2

I hope that everyone is OK this morning.  It is 0° here, I am hoping thatit is going to warm up a bit.  We have to go to a funeral this morning so we have no choice but to go out regardless of the weather but would prefer not to have to drive just over 20 miles in snow and ice.to

My niece has sent me a few photos this morning of the view from her hotel balcony in Sharm el Sheikh, there is definitely no sign of anything but sunshine there.

Take care and try to stay warm whatever you are doing today.

• Like 6

0c here and very dull. The forecast is for 3 cold nights coming up, I’ll be glad when it gets a more mild at the weekend and the long range forecast is for it to stay that way.

Bird watch: several Gold Finches come to feed on the nyger seeds, Blue Tits, Great Tits feed on the peanuts, had a Black Cap for a fleeting visit on Saturday for the first time and not seen since, flock of Redwings still visiting the garden to feed on the berries. The Woodpeckers have stopped visiting the feeders and since the start of the cold spell the family of Sparrows have largely stopped coming.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jennizor said:

Can anyone give me advice on how to resolve a problem with this thread? When I first log on it takes me to page 1589. I have to request the current page every time. It doesn’t happen with other threads.

I don't log out now. Since the kerfuffle when I couldn't log in for 16 days, I play it safe😉

Avril

• Like 2

I don’t log out Avril, I used the term automatically. When I go into the P&O page on CC, it list all the threads but when I click on this one it goes to page 1589 and I have to manually put in the current page number to see it. Very odd (not sure if I have done something to cause this!).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I don’t log out Avril, I used the term automatically. When I go into the P&O page on CC, it list all the threads but when I click on this one it goes to page 1589 and I have to manually put in the current page number to see it. Very odd (not sure if I have done something to cause this!).

Quite strange, I've never had that problem. Hopefully someone on here can help you.

Avril

• Like 1