P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Driving home from Southampton today, I saw two AA patrolmen on motor bikes. Talk about a blast from the past !

Anyone else seen them, or are they actually quite common,  and I need to get out more  ? 

As an aside, I realised today that the next time I drive to Southampton it will be the British Grand Prix, so the area around Silverstone will be a no go area !

My options therefore seem to be limited to using the A1 or M1, and then M25 M3.

Anyone got any other ideas? For the first time ever I was considering driving down on the Saturday of departure, as Southampton hotel prices have gone silly, but I might now need to reconsider.

Pleased you got home safely wowzz.

EE241EA8-41B4-4239-B412-5BBCE08ACAE7.jpeg.50b038982d99d40ae516d5aea2d0db03.jpeg

• Like 7

We had a very pleasant problem free drive home from Southampton this morning but as S** "s law states that cannot last.  I had a message on the answer machine asking me to call my friend's daughter which I did immediately because I knew that there was something amiss, the daughter never rings, sadly my friend has passed away while we were away.  I celebrated a big birthday while on holiday and the news of my friend's passing reminded me that we are all getting older.  My DH said he can't imagine my life without my regular lunches and coffees with my friend, as he said we have been together for over 50 years and she was my friend for 15 years before that.

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a very pleasant problem free drive home from Southampton this morning but as S** "s law states that cannot last.  I had a message on the answer machine asking me to call my friend's daughter which I did immediately because I knew that there was something amiss, the daughter never rings, sadly my friend has passed away while we were away.  I celebrated a big birthday while on holiday and the news of my friend's passing reminded me that we are all getting older.  My DH said he can't imagine my life without my regular lunches and coffees with my friend, as he said we have been together for over 50 years and she was my friend for 15 years before that.

Oh bless you Josy, so sad. 

Our thoughts are with you. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Josy.

sad-sorry.gif

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear your news, a terrible shock for you 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Just now, Peanut006 said:

Expand  

So sorry to hear this, it must be very hard to comprehend, thinking of you

Michelle

• Like 7

So sorry to hear this. It must have been a great shock to you. I am sure you have some great memories to remind you of the times you spent together. 

• Like 4

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Sunday.

I don't know about you guys but I've found some of the recent threads quite unpleasant at times. I know I'm a bit flaky sometimes but I don't like unnecessarily combative posts. This is the only social media platform I'm on so I expect it happens all the time. I was thinking maybe I'd duck out for a few weeks until I read dear Josy's post about the sad loss of her friend - and saw how quickly everyone responded to her sadness - and realised that this is real life, real concern, real support - and the idiots can stick their nasty comments where the sun don't shine.

Have a lovely day. Jane xxx

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@Beckett please stay on these boards Jane. Your contributions are some of the best. There will always be a few on any forum that are full of hot air, verbose and full of their own importance. Don’t forget the block button if really needed!

Ah thanks Gill. That's so kind of you. I'm definitely staying on - I was just in a mood I think! However, I was getting increasingly fed up with the nasty comments I'd seen and my hand was getting dangerously close to posting what I really thought about them - which would have got me a red card. I'd forgotten about the block button - it could be my new best friend! Have a good day Gill and best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I was getting increasingly fed up with the nasty comments I'd seen

If they are disruptive and nasty ,don't forget the report button, Shaz & co  will do the rest.

Just like in real life people get a bee in their bonnet and an axe to grind  and end up looking

stupid and annoying to others.

For example I was in a cafe last week and two of the waitresses were having a blazing row

over how long a tea bag should be left in the cup. It got really nasty almost turning violent .

I was shocked and asked the cafe owner "what the hells happening ?"

He said to ignore as it had been brewing for ages 😉

• Haha 17

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Driving home from Southampton today, I saw two AA patrolmen on motor bikes. Talk about a blast from the past !

Anyone else seen them, or are they actually quite common,  and I need to get out more  ? 

As an aside, I realised today that the next time I drive to Southampton it will be the British Grand Prix, so the area around Silverstone will be a no go area !

My options therefore seem to be limited to using the A1 or M1, and then M25 M3.

Anyone got any other ideas? For the first time ever I was considering driving down on the Saturday of departure, as Southampton hotel prices have gone silly, but I might now need to reconsider.

We travel from South Yorkshire the day before. Leave home about 9.30, straight down the M!, with a stop for 30 mins, arriving at M25 about 12.30. Up until now never been too busy and on M3 in about 45 minutes. Another stop for 30 mins at Fleet Services and into Southampton about 3.30 . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

We travel from South Yorkshire the day before. Leave home about 9.30, straight down the M!, with a stop for 30 mins, arriving at M25 about 12.30. Up until now never been too busy and on M3 in about 45 minutes. Another stop for 30 mins at Fleet Services and into Southampton about 3.30 . 

Thanks.

I guess that wouid be the route we would have to take.  With a one stop pit strategy, I reckon five hours should do it, so leaving at 7:30 am should get me to the port, hopefully around 13:00.

On a related note, we drove down for the first time  in the new car. Put the post code details in the sat nav, for Mayflower and we ended up in a cul de sac, well away from the terminal  ! I wondered where we were going !

Anyone else experience the same issue ?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

If they are disruptive and nasty ,don't forget the report button, Shaz & co  will do the rest.

Just like in real life people get a bee in their bonnet and an axe to grind  and end up looking

stupid and annoying to others.

For example I was in a cafe last week and two of the waitresses were having a blazing row

over how long a tea bag should be left in the cup. It got really nasty almost turning violent .

I was shocked and asked the cafe owner "what the hells happening ?"

He said to ignore as it had been brewing for ages 😉

Thanks Kalos. As ever you have the right words - you're the sunshine to my cloudy day. Jane xxx

• Like 10