P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning, bright n breezy here this morning .

I just glanced back a few pages and cannot see where anyone has said they dislike anyone's 

posts or called anyone a snob . As Brian said the written word can be taken the wrong way .

If it's a picture of a coffee cup overlooking a beach or someone's tea ,I appreciate the time

taken to think of others and post . No interest in how much people pay unless they are 

having a sale and giving us a heads up .🙂   But that's just me ,lets be happy .

I  have a blood pressure meter and oxy-meter , for the price of them ,they are worth it .

I have booked the car in ready for its MOT in a month or so but without service this year,

as the cars grand mileage total for the year is 1,634 ,it had full service 10 month ago.

Today we will be watching the RAF Fairford air show on our  TV .

We really miss the Sunderland air show that used to be our go to show .sadly no more .

Used to be a great long weekend .

Any way have a good day folks I'm missing my fast jets here...  Be good 😀

Anyone else into jets .. 

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning, bright n breezy here this morning .

I just glanced back a few pages and cannot see where anyone has said they dislike anyone's 

posts or called anyone a snob . As Brian said the written word can be taken the wrong way .

If it's a picture of a coffee cup overlooking a beach or someone's tea ,I appreciate the time

taken to think of others and post . No interest in how much people pay unless they are 

having a sale and giving us a heads up .🙂   But that's just me ,lets be happy .

I  have a blood pressure meter and oxy-meter , for the price of them ,they are worth it .

I have booked the car in ready for its MOT in a month or so but without service this year,

as the cars grand mileage total for the year is 1,634 ,it had full service 10 month ago.

Today we will be watching the RAF Fairford air show on our  TV .

We really miss the Sunderland air show that used to be our go to show .sadly no more .

Used to be a great long weekend .

Any way have a good day folks I'm missing my fast jets here...  Be good 😀

Anyone else into jets .. 

Back in the 80s the US airbases used to put on great airshows.Colonels and everyone mucked in selling burgers and Bud.The jets used to taxi thru the crowd.Sadly health and safety and 9/11 put a stop to all that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Please keep posting your food photos Graham, we don’t live far from Lumley castle and have never tried eating there but after your comments we definitely will be booking  fish and chips is OH favorite meal out.

Thank you @lindylooellalouise.

We went into the cosy library bar which is open all day and you don't need to book.

It has a very limited menu but the fish and chips are delicious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I have had BP issues for 40 years and have been on meds now for over 36. I'm sure you know that it is important to keep a regular check on your BP, even if you feel fine it doesn't mean your BP is ok. I check my BP weekly, more if it's elevated, and phone my readings in when they tell me. You can buy an Omron wrist monitor, the best and easiest to use IMO, on Amazon for as little  £30. Please be careful with your BP Sue, it's important.x

Avril

Oh I do know Avril and it was regularly checked at the surgery before you know what. I’m more angry that they had raised cholesterol flagged but weren’t asking me to get it checked.

I’ve had to instigate every year a cholesterol check - after I had my stent put in I was left to my own devices! How many people don’t bother? It seems to me diabetes is being pushed by the government at the moment, I suspect surgeries are given extra money for it. John at his recent health check (never had any issues) was given his diabetes likelihood ‘score.’

• Like 4

I don’t eat out much, only a few times a year. My wife goes out once a month or so with friends because she knows how reluctant I am. Although we did go to Maritimos (part of the Lounge Group of restaurants) in Ocean Village before our last cruise in May and the food was very good and was worth the money, which in many cases else where it is not worth it IMO. I don’t mind paying high prices for top notch restaurants on special occasions but the prices now at mediocre restaurants and pubs puts me off.

Graham and others keep posting your food pictures because I can eat virtually for free and it’s low in calories 🍔🥙🌮

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Back in the 80s the US airbases used to put on great airshows.Colonels and everyone mucked in selling burgers and Bud.The jets used to taxi thru the crowd.Sadly health and safety and 9/11 put a stop to all that.

There was an air display at the British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch in the early 80s and I always remember a Vulcan bomber coming over the crowd and then doing a steep climb at full throttle, the noise and vibrations around us were tremendous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Nooooooo ……. please don’t say that! I enjoy your photos, whether it’s a McDonalds treat in the car by the sea, or the fine dining you so often do.  By the way, I also chose fish and chips in Epicurean on our last visit just 2 months ago, and very good it was too 😊.

Thank you @mrsgoggins.

Pauline loved the fish and chips in the glass house on Azura in November as well as from menu 2 in Epicurean on Britannia first week in June.

The nice comments from my friends on here this morning are appreciated.

I think I got a bit defensive with some posts after posting my fish and chips photos from Lumley castle on Wednesday.

Graham.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

There was an air display at the British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch in the early 80s and I always remember a Vulcan bomber coming over the crowd and then doing a steep climb at full throttle, the noise and vibrations around us were tremendous.

Even though it wasn't supersonic I think the Vulcan still had 4 dirty great afterburning engines.Very agile and impressive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It has been quiet on here lately. Personally I only had a short time to look yesterday so I focused on Selbourne’s ‘live’ thread ☺️

My GP keeps sending me texts to send them my blood pressure readings but I don’t have my own machine so I haven’t bothered. Since I’ve started taken BP tablets in 2018 it’s been fine. Anyway yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and phone them. I waited half an hour to get through. I started at no 6 in the queue.

Anyway she offered me an appointment with the nurse on 31st July, sooner than I thought! I told her they hadn’t asked me to get a cholesterol test this year (only sugar, they seem obsessed with diabetes) She said ‘ahh yes it’s flagged up!’ Then why hadn’t they contacted me?! Trouble is the wait on the phones puts me off phoning! John had a text to book his ‘well man’ check but tried for three days before he got through.

Anyway, happy that’s sorted!

I wonder do GPs get paid extra for every diabetic assessment they make?

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hey @zap99,Gary's on Saturday Kitchen,he's just been voted food hell.It was close I should have given you the heads up earlier.

I voted for hell because I don’t like over sized burgers and I quite like haggis😊

Ive recorded it to watch the rest later, I switched over to watch the T20 finals where my team Hampshire are playing yours Essex. All 4 teams in the finals this year are Southern counties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The fish was white and all of the skin was removed and the batter was so nice I ate it all.

If we like something the cost is irrelevant.

Sadly on here I am now reluctant to post food photos anymore.

We like pictures of food because we enjoy knowing that a friendly poster is well and enjoying gong out, being sociable and making the most of life.

On my granddad's croft in the Scottish Highlands (no electricity, no running water and the traction on the croft totalled one horse-power... that's because grandad could only afford the one horse!)... yes and it was at the "Back of Bennachie"... I learnt the expression... "Lang might yer lum reek." (In English "Long may your chimney smoke.") It was always odd... why would you wish anyone to have a smoky chimney? Later in life I learn that it was one of the sincerest ways to wish a neighbour well... good health, wealth and happiness for a long time. In the days of the crofts a smoking chimney in the distance was a source of joy for the folk who could look out along the glen and take pleasure that the neighbours were up, their fires were lit, the porridge was on the crook above the fire and all was well.

Honestly... in these modern digital days that are so far away in time and distance to my grandad's wee croft... posting a plate of beautiful fish and chip or pasta or a steak... has the same effect. Long may it continue!

We recently celebrated my birthday in a lovely part of Cornwall that reminds me in ways of where I was brought up. It meant a lot to us. I had been under investigation for a dreadful medical condition and never expected to be able to celebrate the birthday... in the end... I was virtually all clear. So here's how we celebrated...

IMG_0429.thumb.jpeg.76ed5766145f89db7ac349e3212ab99a.jpeg

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.e847cd2c28cbdd9ef0e7a1e631309255.jpeg

IMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.c2491a198064a67d2ce7ab24512a5fd2.jpeg

IMG_0454.thumb.jpeg.23f5f5bf832714c2dd7189a2dd788d2a.jpeg

It was a bit of a "POSH" pub... Rick Stein's "Cornish Arms just outside Padstow...but the food was great and to enjoy the evening meant so much to us both.

Please keep sharing wonderful memories that spread a little joy and happiness... we all so very much need to share other's zest for life at times.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I voted for hell because I don’t like over sized burgers and I quite like haggis😊

Ive recorded it to watch the rest later, I switched over to watch the T20 finals where my team Hampshire are playing yours Essex. All 4 teams in the finals this year are Southern counties.

You're supposed to vote for what he does and doesn't like not you.You and Zaps vote could have swung it,lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We like pictures of food because we enjoy knowing that a friendly poster is well and enjoying gong out, being sociable and making the most of life.

On my granddad's croft in the Scottish Highlands (no electricity, no running water and the traction on the croft totalled one horse-power... that's because grandad could only afford the one horse!)... yes and it was at the "Back of Bennachie"... I learnt the expression... "Lang might yer lum reek." (In English "Long may your chimney smoke.") It was always odd... why would you wish anyone to have a smoky chimney? Later in life I learn that it was one of the sincerest ways to wish a neighbour well... good health, wealth and happiness for a long time. In the days of the crofts a smoking chimney in the distance was a source of joy for the folk who could look out along the glen and take pleasure that the neighbours were up, their fires were lit, the porridge was on the crook above the fire and all was well.

Honestly... in these modern digital days that are so far away in time and distance to my grandad's wee croft... posting a plate of beautiful fish and chip or pasta or a steak... has the same effect. Long may it continue!

We recently celebrated my birthday in a lovely part of Cornwall that reminds me in ways of where I was brought up. It meant a lot to us. I had been under investigation for a dreadful medical condition and never expected to be able to celebrate the birthday... in the end... I was virtually all clear. So here's how we celebrated...

IMG_0429.thumb.jpeg.76ed5766145f89db7ac349e3212ab99a.jpeg

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.e847cd2c28cbdd9ef0e7a1e631309255.jpeg

IMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.c2491a198064a67d2ce7ab24512a5fd2.jpeg

IMG_0454.thumb.jpeg.23f5f5bf832714c2dd7189a2dd788d2a.jpeg

It was a bit of a "POSH" pub... Rick Stein's "Cornish Arms just outside Padstow...but the food was great and to enjoy the evening meant so much to us both.

Please keep sharing wonderful memories that spread a little joy and happiness... we all so very much need to share other's zest for life at times.

We’ve booked an Airbnb house at St Merryn next June which I think is within walking distance of the Cornish Arms. It will be my first time in Cornwall for over 40 years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Even though it wasn't supersonic I think the Vulcan still had 4 dirty great afterburning engines.Very agile and impressive.

I have been inside one very little space to move and tv cameras for nose wheel landing .

Back to my air show the red arrows are on the move so will be going up soon 😍

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hey @zap99,Gary's on Saturday Kitchen,he's just been voted food hell.It was close I should have given you the heads up earlier.

Thanks, been watching it. I was wondering if Olly and Gary had been on cruises at the same time. They seem to know each other fairly well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2