P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, happy v said:

Actually I thought it said Langley. I certainly can't remember fish and chips at Lumley. Is it just for lunch Graham?

It was lunch in the Library bar at Lumley castle Chester-le-Street Co Durham.

We regularly have fish and chips wherever we eat.

Pauline has had fish and chips in Epicurean restaurant on P&O as well as in the London Ritz hotel when we stayed there.

The fish was delicious and £47 for 2 fish and chips,pint of Caffreys and a lime and soda.

The restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner with a larger menu.

We have also stayed and had meals at Langley castle which is just past Hexham Northumberland.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It was lunch in the Library bar at Lumley castle Chester-le-Street Co Durham.

Pauline has had fish and chips in Epicurean restaurant on P&O as well as in the London Ritz hotel when we stayed there.

The fish was delicious and £47 for 2 fish and chips,pint of Caffreys and a lime and soda.

The restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner with a larger menu.

We have also stayed and had meals at Langley castle which is just past Hexham Northumberland.

Lumley is local to us and we usually go on a evening to Knights. Definitely no fish and chips though 😀

46 minutes ago, happy v said:

Lumley is local to us and we usually go on a evening to Knights. Definitely no fish and chips though 😀

We took our Sarah last week to Lumley castle before I took them to the Rod Stewart/Boy George culture club concert at Chester-le-Street county cricket ground.

The fish and chips were lovely then too.

Knights doesn't open until 6pm.

IMG_20230712_220119.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Nowt up with that , love them myself ,The best ones was when I was a young -un and used to go to  places like Grimsby docks with my dad in his lorry .

Back then they had loads of trawlers and the guys would fillet them and wrap in newspaper .

We used to get home and cook our own fish and make our own chips . Heaven 😋

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Nowt up with that , love them myself ,The best ones was when I was a young -un and used to go to  places like Grimsby docks with my dad in his lorry .

Back then they had loads of trawlers and the guys would fillet them and wrap in newspaper .

We used to get home and cook our own fish and make our own chips . Heaven 😋

There's nothing wrong with fish and chips

I love them. I was just surprised Lumley had them. It is very handy for us and the food is good. But they are very up themselves. So not my favourite restaurant.

• Like 1

Morning all,it's 48c back in our village at the mo.It's reached 50 on our cheapo barometer in the garden but that was in the sun.My mrs is glad we're back here but I think it wont be much different when we go back in August.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,it's 48c back in our village at the mo.It's reached 50 on our cheapo barometer in the garden but that was in the sun.My mrs is glad we're back here but I think it wont be much different when we go back in August.

Blimey you and the Mrs take care in that heat Brian. 

I bet the washing soon dries when put out in that heat 🤔

PS just re re read ..your over here 🤣

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, happy v said:

There's nothing wrong with fish and chips

I love them. I was just surprised Lumley had them. It is very handy for us and the food is good. But they are very up themselves. So not my favourite restaurant.

Last meal I had in a castle ,they came round with a bucket of soup ,followed by a lump of meat and a chicken leg , on their medieval night .

The entertainment was horse back jousters who if they fell off ,got mad and then proceeded to knock seven bells out of each other with their swords 😀

• Haha 10

, the west Back home from our week’s break in the Isle of Wight, weather was reasonably good, visited th delights the Shanklin, Newport, Ryde, Ventnor and a few of the more picturesque villages in between.

We took in a visit to Osborne House, spent almost 6 hours there in glorious sunshine, well worth a visit if you get the chance. 

The only downside whilst there was a group of American visitors who kept interrupting conversations we had with EH room explainers or standing front of me when taking photos, went through the photos afterwards deleted at least 10 where they had spoilt the picture. From what I gathered talking to a couple of EH volunteers is that they were a group on an excursion from a Cruise Ship and only have a couple of hours or so on site so rush everywhere. Overheard one in the cafe say, “they need to move the buildings closer together, there is too much time wasted in walking between them” I think Queen Victoria would not have been amused.

20230707_152952_Original.jpeg

20230707_130718_Original.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My son& his girlfriend are in Bologna at the moment they went for a Wedding in Ravenna last Saturday and stayed for the rest of the week in Bologna, he said in a message to me last night it was extremely hot and that a red warning had been issued. They return to London tomorrow, he saud he is looking forward to cooler temperatures at home. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My son& his girlfriend are in Bologna at the moment they went for a Wedding in Ravenna last Saturday and stayed for the rest of the week in Bologna, he said in a message to me last night it was extremely hot and that a red warning had been issued. They return to London tomorrow, he saud he is looking forward to cooler temperatures at home. 

Before Brexit we had 3 months of it,lol.I don't  mind but my mrs suffers a bit.Hot nights are the worse even with aircon as it's too noisy to have on all night and too cold,lol.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, kalos said:

Last meal I had in a castle ,they came round with a bucket of soup ,followed by a lump of meat and a chicken leg , on their medieval night .

The entertainment was horse back jousters who if they fell off ,got mad and then proceeded to knock seven bells out of each other with their swords 😀

They had one of those in Tenerife complete with jugs of medieval sangria.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

, the west Back home from our week’s break in the Isle of Wight, weather was reasonably good, visited th delights the Shanklin, Newport, Ryde, Ventnor and a few of the more picturesque villages in between.

We took in a visit to Osborne House, spent almost 6 hours there in glorious sunshine, well worth a visit if you get the chance. 

The only downside whilst there was a group of American visitors who kept interrupting conversations we had with EH room explainers or standing front of me when taking photos, went through the photos afterwards deleted at least 10 where they had spoilt the picture. From what I gathered talking to a couple of EH volunteers is that they were a group on an excursion from a Cruise Ship and only have a couple of hours or so on site so rush everywhere. Overheard one in the cafe say, “they need to move the buildings closer together, there is too much time wasted in walking between them” I think Queen Victoria would not have been amused.

20230707_152952_Original.jpeg

20230707_130718_Original.jpeg

We went to Osborne House in May and really enjoyed it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Whilst out and about today ,we thought  we would eat out .

I fancied a bit of steak and ale pie, closest I get to having a pint these days 🙂

20230713_124400.thumb.jpg.508fab0da682520225994a09a426d7a0.jpg

I bet you put gravy on those chips.North South divide again☺️.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I bet you put gravy on those chips.North South divide again☺️.

Likewise gravy on pancakes - sounds disgusting to most southerners but when you change the word 'pancakes' to 'Yorkshire Puddings' it's suddenly OK.

Same batter!  😉

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Likewise gravy on pancakes - sounds disgusting to most southerners but when you change the word 'pancakes' to 'Yorkshire Puddings' it's suddenly OK.

Same batter!  😉

You say Bisto I say Sarsons,let's call the whole thing off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Not sure this thread is working, very unusual that there is no activity today.

Anyway, just to say we are off to the Fjords tomorrow. Hopefully the coach journey will be OK and we manage to get to the docks for our boarding time of 12.45. The weather forecast is wonderful - 6 days of rain but lovely on Tuesday. We will still have a great time, been on Iona already and we love her and been to the Fjords on Arcadia in 2019. I don’t think we will be getting a tan though!

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Anyway, just to say we are off to the Fjords tomorrow. Hopefully the coach journey will be OK and we manage to get to the docks for our boarding time of 12.45. The weather forecast is wonderful - 6 days of rain but lovely on Tuesday. We will still have a great time, been on Iona already and we love her and been to the Fjords on Arcadia in 2019. I don’t think we will be getting a tan though!

It may be slightly better at times than you think. Try looking at Norway's own Met Office....https://www.yr.no/en

• Like 2

Just now, Jennizor said:

Enjoy.  Norway is one of my favourite counties.  We came back from the Midnight Sun cruise 2 weeks ago where we had sun every day.  I manged to come home with a nice tan, I hope you have similar weather.

I'm not sure about P&O but we were on Princess and when the coach arrived at the dock we were all allowed into the terminal immediately even though there were passengers with various boarding times.  The only way in which different passengers were handled was that those of us with Priority boarding were sent to a "priority" queue with virtually no queuing so we were on the ship less the 15 after arrival at the port.

• Like 2