P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

John you have been around long enough to remember Derek the Monocled mutineer. Slightly right of Genius Khan.

Jean will probably remember him too.

The was one extremely hard core traditionalist! One among many back on the day. 

I also remember Degsy as I used to call him, much to his annoyance! We crossed swords on multiple occasions but he was ok really.

• Like 3

The weather this morning was heavy rain over in Manchester ,so we loaded up with 

a big breakfast and decided to head for home .

Going over the tops A57 it was really lashing it down with rain and thick fog in places 

where we had climbed to meet the clouds .

The motorways were no better ,as Graham said a nice day to stay in and let it all pass by .

Have a good day !  

20230814_112335.thumb.jpg.95c2106181957b7f0d60199bcc4a41e8.jpg

• Like 5

A wet day for us, I have just got home from my craft group via a circuitous route due to problems on the A500 yet again.  I have to go out again this afternoon to the opticians so I hope that the forecast for a drier afternoon is correct because it is quite a walk from Tesco car park to the opticians and I refuse to park on the council car parks because I am a skinflint and don't like having to pay.

• Like 1

A wet day for us, I have just got home from my craft group via a circuitous route due to problems on the A500 yet again.  I have to go out again this afternoon to the opticians so I hope that the forecast for a drier afternoon is correct because it is quite a walk from Tesco car park to the opticians and I refuse to park on the council car parks because I am a skinflint and don't like having to pay.

Sunny here and very warm. First day it hasn’t rained (yet) in literally weeks.

Is anyone else being plagued with fruit flies this year? We have a particularly good fruit crop in the garden, the apple trees are groaning with fruit but exponentially we have the annoying little flying pests to go with it. 

Cant drink a glass of wine in the garden without being annoyed by them.

• Like 2

Dull but warm day here.Just got back from the gym,it's a 4 mile walk there and I walk 2 miles back to the nearest tube 2 stops from us and then only 200 mts.It started raining as I walked across the fields but luckily only lasted 10 mins with me in just t shirt and shorts,lol.

• Like 4

Petanque tonight for us by invitation of 41 Club, in a Sole Street Pub.   Well, I say we, but only OH will play.  With two sticks now, I would break my neck!!!  Then lasagne and garlic bread provided by the pub, then a leisurely drive home.

Sometimes when you don't want to get up and get ready it all turns out to be really good,.  That often happens to us.  We took ages to rally ourselves this afternoon, but all ready now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

It's stopped raining so I suppose that's good news .

Just sat watching MNTV , CHANNEL 5 ,supposedly a cruise ship program .

We managed 15 mins and now sought sanctuary in Tipping Point .

That Ben has got so much patience getting excited over a bit of lateral.But he is a West Ham supporter.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Petanque tonight for us by invitation of 41 Club, in a Sole Street Pub.   Well, I say we, but only OH will play.  With two sticks now, I would break my neck!!!  Then lasagne and garlic bread provided by the pub, then a leisurely drive home.

Sometimes when you don't want to get up and get ready it all turns out to be really good,.  That often happens to us.  We took ages to rally ourselves this afternoon, but all ready now.

Watch your toes with those steel balls flying around.

I managed to avoid the rain when I went to the optician, I wasn't in there long because they have my current prescription on their system and I was only ordering new sunglasses because I have lost mine.   DH is still grumbling about me paying over £500 for sunglasses but I need them before we go on holiday.  I just hope that I won't need new ones when I have my annual eye test next March.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kalos said:

It's stopped raining so I suppose that's good news .

Just sat watching MNTV , CHANNEL 5 ,supposedly a cruise ship program .

We managed 15 mins and now sought sanctuary in Tipping Point .

Pleased you got home safely mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of my wakeful nights! 

Did anyone watch a programme yesterday afternoon on channel 4 (or could have been 5)  which I suspect is on every day this week, about Brits on a cruise?  The whole thing, to me, looks like pure advertising.  Three groups, two friends, three girls from Blackpool and a famiily of 4 with two young children, on Royal Princess, round the Med for a week.  The female of the couple expressed terrific surprise when she saw the huge ship - had not known what to expect.  I wonder if she had actually booked this cruise - do any of you not know what ship you are going on in advance?  No waiting in line to get on board, delight and surprise at  their cabin with unexpected balcony, champagne and canapes awaiting them etc.  If this is what Princess is like for everyone, it seems wonderful - have any of you experienced this sort of treatment on a huge Princess ship? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Did anyone watch a programme yesterday afternoon on channel 4 (or could have been 5)  which I suspect is on every day this week, about Brits on a cruise?  The whole thing, to me, looks like pure advertising.  Three groups, two friends, three girls from Blackpool and a famiily of 4 with two young children, on Royal Princess, round the Med for a week.  The female of the couple expressed terrific surprise when she saw the huge ship - had not known what to expect.  I wonder if she had actually booked this cruise - do any of you not know what ship you are going on in advance?  No waiting in line to get on board, delight and surprise at  their cabin with unexpected balcony, champagne and canapes awaiting them etc.  If this is what Princess is like for everyone, it seems wonderful - have any of you experienced this sort of treatment on a huge Princess ship? 

I always know which ship I am going on because I am the one who does the bookIng, we always have to wait in line, though it is usually very short,  we always know that the cabin will have a balcony, we have had unexpected champagne and canapes but that was as a result of a complaint on a cruise 2 months before.  So in a word NO we haven't experienced this sort of treatment on Princess and we are elite having done over 50 cruises with them.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I had seen it was going to be on and so set 'series record' and we watched it last night.  Now I like Princess a lot, but the staging of this programme was a bit much to take!  Not to mention the padding - thankfully it was recorded and I could jump minutes at a time, which I did.

I have status with Princess and, like Josy, have never had the treatment and in-cabin perks that these cruisers had when boarding any of their ships, including Regal Princess.  They had the 'Jane McDonald treatment' for sure 😉

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

20230814_203728.thumb.jpg.6e83dd87befaddee2e8719ac1ee26b57.jpgThe rain has finally stopped and we have been left with a lovely sunset.

Dinner in darkest Suffolk yesterday evening and the promise of a summer day this morning!

IMG_1733.thumb.jpeg.39e763d8dc57a664c8629e50020c8cbc.jpeg

IMG_1735.thumb.jpeg.5be933a42496a6f51c0291442740b94d.jpeg

IMG_1738.thumb.jpeg.e668766ee621805b54dd19cbbd406c8a.jpeg

IMG_1741.thumb.jpeg.640b231d82a07d0b209acaee106eda05.jpeg

IMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.bdcd720c73c5f7bac97ba2e66e9486c6.jpeg

Enjoy every silver lining as they say.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1