P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, more misery here, it’s never ending! John has managed to break his arm in 2 places and can’t drive/work for 6 weeks!! 😱😞 As I don’t drive this is going to be dreadful, especially with my mum here and her mobility issues! I’m happy to get a bus/taxi or walk to places but I can’t do it with mum.

The last few weeks have been truly rough.

Oh no, what unfortunate timing (although something like that is never good) as if you haven't got enough on your plate already!  I hope he isn't in too much pain and it heals well. 

Wishing you well and take care.

Pam 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have decided to take the P&O coach down to Southampton for our upcoming cruise.  In the past we have driven down the day before and stayed overnight in or around Southampton or gone down on Eavesway coaches.

Have any of you taken the P&O coach from Keele ?  I am that sad person who likes to get everything sorted in advance so I would like to know what sort of time will we need to be at Keele so that I can twist the arm of one of my sisters to take us to Keele or failing that book a taxi.

We've used Keele about 4 times. Think the normal pick up is about 8.30 - 9am ish. We always get there earlier and have a coffee while we wait. The coaches are usually Ellisons. They are excellent. The drop-off time back is about 2.30pm. Have always had great service and would recommend 

Edited by Presto2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, more misery here, it’s never ending! John has managed to break his arm in 2 places and can’t drive/work for 6 weeks!! 😱😞 As I don’t drive this is going to be dreadful, especially with my mum here and her mobility issues! I’m happy to get a bus/taxi or walk to places but I can’t do it with mum.

I'm sorry to hear this Sue.

Best wishes for a complete recovery for John and hopefully you manage to find a solution with your mam.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sue what an awful time you are having  I hope that John isn't in too much pain. I hope that things start to look up for you soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sue I’m so sorry to hear John has broken his arm and I hope he’s not in too much pain.

I really feel for you at this time with what has been going on and looking after your mum as well , hopefully maybe family or friends could help you for a while , but please try to take care of yourself too and just take 1 day at a time , things will get better again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bright sunny, mild (12c) but still windy down here with a yellow weather warning for rain later.

Got a Tesco delivery for this evening. It was originally booked for tomorrow morning but as the end of our road will be closed for a Rememberance Sunday Service I changed it.

Other than that I've nothing planned for today.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's absolutely pouring down and blowing a hoolie here.  I've got the joys of a 2 1/2 hour minimum drive to Essex down the A303, M3 and M25 to attend our niece's 50th birthday party.  Such joy ... the A303 is already closed further west due to flooding.

Originally had intended to stay in London for the extra 2 nights after Wednesday but with the ludicrous hotel rates took the option to return today.  Looks like a bad choice now but an extra £500 for two nights was just too much.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

It's absolutely pouring down and blowing a hoolie here.  I've got the joys of a 2 1/2 hour minimum drive to Essex down the A303, M3 and M25 to attend our niece's 50th birthday party.  Such joy ... the A303 is already closed further west due to flooding.

Originally had intended to stay in London for the extra 2 nights after Wednesday but with the ludicrous hotel rates took the option to return today.  Looks like a bad choice now but an extra £500 for two nights was just too much.

Take care in this weather.

Happy 50th birthday to your niece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh Sue.  What a time you are having.  
Things will sort themselves out, in time, I’m sure but in the meantime, and being in the middle of it, you must be wondering what the fates will throw at you next

i wish you all the best.  You will find the strength to get through it

Healing thoughts for John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another cold wet morning for us but only a very gentle breeze so not too bad.  It is my niece's birthday today.  I would hate to be spending my birthday in hospital.  We aren't planning to visit because her mum, husband and children are all going in.

• Like 2

My update seems so inconsequential after reading Sue’s news. I hope John isn’t in too much pain and you manage to sort something out for getting around with your Mum.

Yesterday I had another go at driving after my operation and all was going well, my shoulder felt much more comfortable than last time I tried, then someone pulled out from a side road and smashed into my side of the car. 😫

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

My update seems so inconsequential after reading Sue’s news. I hope John isn’t in too much pain and you manage to sort something out for getting around with your Mum.

Yesterday I had another go at driving after my operation and all was going well, my shoulder felt much more comfortable than last time I tried, then someone pulled out from a side road and smashed into my side of the car. 😫

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

Wow, that's bad luck. I hope you have witnesses, too many nowadays try to lie there way out of these situations.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Wow, that's bad luck. I hope you have witnesses, too many nowadays try to lie there way out of these situations.

I had a bump in my car a couple of weeks ago. The other party admitted it was his fault entirely (which it was) and the insurance company and body shop (Halo in Crewe) were excellent. Although it didn’t prove to be necessary, the dash cam footage (minus the language on impact), would have removed any doubt. This is the first car I have owned that has a dash cam, I won’t buy one without in future. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thankfully my husband was with me. The other driver admitted liability at the scene and said she didn’t see me 🤷‍♀️

I’m getting a dashcam for Christmas 😂

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thankfully my husband was with me. The other driver admitted liability at the scene and said she didn’t see me 🤷‍♀️

I’m getting a dashcam for Christmas 😂

If you get one, it is a good idea to have one that films from the rear of the car as well as the front. Mine uses the reversing camera that is on the car as standard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

That happened to me years ago. The damage was spread over the driver’s side like yours. I had a fairly new VW Passat at the time and although it was repaired and the offending driver’s insurance paid for everything, the car was never the same afterwards. It seemed to pull to one side and the garage couldn’t find anything wrong with it. So I sold it pretty soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

Forgot to add, hope it hasn’t affected your shoulder. That’s the main thing, cars can be repaired or written off! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

I wish there was a ‘😯’ reaction button. Hope you get it sorted ok.

• Like 1

Thanks for the good wishes. My shoulder has been a bit tender hopefully no further damage but I’ll test it properly tomorrow with a full run of my physio exercises 😱. In another development a house on the junction where it happened has CCTV and they have very kindly provided the footage for us to send to our insurers.

I forgot to add the lease on my car is due to end in June next year so I won’t have it much longer.

Edited by lancashire_cruisers
  • Like 8