P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On the topic of online deliveries I have had some good substitutions. I had ordered two types of prosecco and the cheaper one was unavailable so we had it substituted with the more expensive one.

On one occasion the delivery driver dropped and broke a couple of bottles of wine, was very appologtic and concerned about the glass having gone everywhere and said that although he had broken a couple would credit me for all the bottles in my order. ☺️

I have also worked on the other side where we are trying to explain to the pickers that there is no subsitute for certain items, e.g you can not replace goats cheese with cheddar!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

So sad.

Apart from his loving family, what great friends he had.

He was a credit to the game of Rugby League  R.I.P. Rob. and condolences to your family and friends inc all who have had the priveledge of watching you play..

• Like 5

Up nice and early ,looks like it could be a good day with no rain ,

two days without,should have the water board panicking 😉

Hope you all have a great day -Take care 🙂

cover

• Haha 18

Good morning.

It is currently cloudy and 13°C with a high of 20°C expected this afternoon.

I'll add my condolences to the family and friends of Rob Burrows a truly great rugby player.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Best wishes for a nice day everyone.

• Like 6

A grey morning, currently 13° but forecast to get up to 15° later.

Another busy day with an early start, since my sister can't drive for at least 6 weeks following her brain bleed so I am doing a double school run.  Her grandson has an exam this morning so he has to be at school 7:50 but his sister has to get there for 8:40 so I will drop him off then go back to their house to pick her up and go to back to the same school.  Hopefully they will finish at the same time this afternoon.

• Like 8

Morning all,just had news we are evacuating boat by emergency ribs and being bussed to Munich airport.Out of sight out of mind,lol.We'll see how TUI reacts to this bad decision to carry on and getting stranded.AFAIK no other boat is in this predicament.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,just had news we are evacuating boat by emergency ribs and being bussed to Munich airport.Out of sight out of mind,lol.We'll see how TUI reacts to this bad decision to carry on and getting stranded.AFAIK no other boat is in this predicament.

Are you being brought home early or was today always the intended end?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Are you being brought home early or was today always the intended end?

Hi,no the end was Frankfurt on Friday.The CD said head office told her to carry on to get under a low bridge but now we're stranded.The financial incentive to get to Frankfurt by Friday if the levels go down is in their favour.There's another boatload waiting for them.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi,no the end was Frankfurt on Friday.The CD said head office told her to carry on to get under a low bridge but now we're stranded.The financial incentive to get to Frankfurt by Friday if the levels go down is in their favour.There's another boatload waiting for them.

Alas this sort of scenario is not unheard of.  We've done 3 Viking river cruises - all excellent btw - but at the time I remember reading comments by very irate CC members whose experience of being bussed around various towns from a stationary Viking longship (the previous high water levels year) was not good.  Long coach journeys daily rather than sailing.

You and @Yorkshire Phil will definitely remember this trip!  I'd be interested to know of TUI's response to you.  No doubt the other passengers will be bussed to the boat from Frankfurt. Safe and uneventful travels back 👍

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That's such a downer. I hope you are all offered a free cruise. 

All the best for today's shenanigans 

• Like 4

omg brian - and that’s me now even less likely to go for a river cruise

Safe journey back, to you both & Mr & Mrs YP.  Look forward to the refund, I guess?  

It’s a warm, dry day here.  I’ve done some washing (imagine - a caravan with a washing machine (and dishwasher)) so I think that will dry nicely.  There’s not so much wind either, so the foldable airer thing should stay upright

I think that’s the sum total of my planned activity for today

I hope everyone’s day is good, particularly @brian1 and @Yorkshire Phil

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The first boat has evacuated group one, we are waiting for its return. It looks like Tui have charted a plane and we are all going home together, stopping at Manchester then continuing to London. Brian and Marilyn are on the first boat. It is going to e a long day but as long as we are all safe. It is getting quite hairy on the river, one of the emergency service guys said they are expecting at least another meter rise with the boat being stuck for at least five more days.

• Like 16

@yorkshirephil & @brian1 Not the best way to end a holiday but providing 

everyone returns home safe and sound ,that's what counts I suppose.

I read  that the water that flows from a swollen river under the bridge does 

flow different and has a name, that I cannot remember  but that's 

all water under the bridge now .🙃😉

Safe journey back 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

I’ve just finished reading A Night to Remember, for book club.  It’s a really good read, about the loss of the Titanic.  I can’t help comparing it with the river situation (which is obviously going to end up much better!).  The rescue efforts were fantastic, once everyone got themselves in gear, and the methods used to transfer people from the lifeboats to the rescuing liner were extraordinary, including bringing children up in canvas bags or sheets 😳 .  I sincerely hope there’s nothing as dramatic as that for you.

As I said, good book, though maybe not one to pop on your Kindle for your next cruise.  Coincidentally, we were cruising on the 100th anniversary of the Titanic (April 2012).  There was an expert aboard, giving talks, which were very interesting and very well attended.  I recall he said he would be … somewhere - Crows Nest or similar - at the actual exact hour, if anyone wished to join him .  I suspect some did - the real enthusiasts 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Just in case anyone else is as slow as me, and has missed it, @Megabear2 is doing a super “Live From” on her lovely Queen Anne trip.  @Selbourne is on board too, and contributing a lot.

There are regular P&O contributors also chipping in

It’s a good read, over on the Cunard boards

(I only found it today. D’oh)

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, Yorkshire Phil said:

Thanks Sandra, we are are now in Munich airport having free beer and German sausage salad on Tui, so not all bad.

Well deserved Phil - enjoy! Hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly. 

Sandra 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1